• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes
  • Participate in raffles to win LEGO prizes
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Custom BrickHeadz: Daredevil

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Offline 16N1K4

16N1K4
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 14-May 07
  • 260 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 13 2017 - 10:03 AM

I picked up a couple of BrickHeadz sets the other day and had so much fun building them, I decided to make a new character in the same style as the sets. For this first attempt, I went with Daredevil, one of my favorite Marvel characters:

daredevil.jpg

I plan to do more of these in the future, so let me know what you think!

My gallery of MOCs:

http://16n1k4.imgur.com 

#2 Online Master Inika

Master Inika
  • Members
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 07-October 07
  • 5,008 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 14 2017 - 01:28 PM

Very cute. I bet he looks awesome and fits right in along the other superheroes. There are a few problems I noticed, though. If you have a tan 1x4 tile, that would go a long way to streamlining him with the other BrickHeadz instead of those 1x2 plates. Also, his torso looks a little uninteresting. The other BHz do a lot with color and shape to hide the fact they're basically just blocks, and it doesn't look like there's a lot to do with Daredevil in particular, but you could do something with color (the images of him on Google show him with a lot of black in his color scheme; you could incorporate more of that).

Overall, though, I do love him. The horns are my favorite part. I look forward to seeing more of these.

Edited by Master Inika, Apr 14 2017 - 01:29 PM.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

#3 Offline The Invisible Noob

The Invisible Noob
  • Members
  • Emerging Defender of Mata Nui

• 20-March 05
  • 2,075 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 17 2017 - 05:40 AM

Looks adorable, but I think he needs longer horns tbh. 

#4 Online Master Inika

Master Inika
  • Members
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 07-October 07
  • 5,008 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 17 2017 - 01:14 PM

Not necessarily longer, but they could use more distinction. I thought they were 1x1 tiles at first due to the angle. Also, their color blends too much with the surrounding color. Maybe just making them a different shade of red and taking the photo at another angle would make them pop out more, because the cheese slopes as shapes do make very cute horns.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

#5 Offline 16N1K4

16N1K4
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 14-May 07
  • 260 posts
  •  

Posted Apr 19 2017 - 09:48 AM

Very cute. I bet he looks awesome and fits right in along the other superheroes. There are a few problems I noticed, though. If you have a tan 1x4 tile, that would go a long way to streamlining him with the other BrickHeadz instead of those 1x2 plates. Also, his torso looks a little uninteresting. The other BHz do a lot with color and shape to hide the fact they're basically just blocks, and it doesn't look like there's a lot to do with Daredevil in particular, but you could do something with color (the images of him on Google show him with a lot of black in his color scheme; you could incorporate more of that).

Overall, though, I do love him. The horns are my favorite part. I look forward to seeing more of these.

I based the build on how Daredevil usually looks in the comics, where he dons a solid red suit that admittedly has nothing much going on appearance-wise. With that said, I really appreciate the advice, and I'll do my best to apply them in my future builds.

Most of Daredevil's costumes have more subtle horns, but I do see where you're coming from. I'll see if I can find a good way to make them stand out.

My gallery of MOCs:

http://16n1k4.imgur.com 

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users