What Needs To Improve On Bzp The Most, If At All?

fishers64

I would migrate the site to the Amazon EC2 cloud, and orchestrate a huge credit card heist to pay the server fees.Bring back Hot Topics probably, fix the member of the day function, and introuduce AI´s that would replace the staff so we could all have a good time and the staff wouldn´t have to work so hard.

Edited by Waffles

I would migrate the site to the Amazon EC2 cloud, and orchestrate a huge credit card heist to pay the server fees.Bring back Hot Topics probably, fix the member of the day function, and introuduce AI´s that would replace the staff so we could all have a good time and the staff wouldn´t have to work so hard.

Nah, I like being member of the day/half-year. :PIn all honesty, I don't really know how to run a website, so I probably wouldn't touch anything. Just to make sure I didn't screw it up.
jlovfkk.jpg

make certain sites allowed to be mentioned....

I meant technical improvements, not violations.
ahh, but that wasn't clear...anyway i would make the forums look more like the old ones

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

Am I the only one who doesn't think the Hot Topics are needed whatsoever? I rarely used them myself, and while it's fun to see your topic on the front page, it only slowed the server down from what I understand.That being said, it or the Member Spotlight would most likely be restored by me. I can't think of any truly needed cosmetic alterations to BZP.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

I would shut the site down permanently and delete all files related to it.Don't worry, it would be the best technical improvement BZPower has ever had. Think about it: The server wouldn't ever crash again.

That you would happily eradicate our rich and deep cultural footprint is tragic in itself.

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert

I would shut the site down permanently and delete all files related to it.Don't worry, it would be the best technical improvement BZPower has ever had. Think about it: The server wouldn't ever crash again.

That you would happily eradicate our rich and deep cultural footprint is tragic in itself.
Bro it's called "burning the evidence," c'mon. Now help me get these bodies into the trunk.
bring back "an cool dude"

Skins. Having the ability to change the skins, add new ones, and other things like that would be awesome. The blue and white combo is cool, but it gets dull after awhile. =/

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...

I'd:

• [*]Replace the current forum theme with something more Bionicle-ish[*]Migrate the website to a more powerful server farm[*]Loosen up on moderation a little

Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are.

-Ryu, Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike: Fight for the Future

Not luck. It's what you do that makes you a hero.

-Kopaka Nuva, MoL

I have but one destiny.

-Takanuva, MoL

rtll200x160.png

Am I the only one who doesn't think the Hot Topics are needed whatsoever? I rarely used them myself, and while it's fun to see your topic on the front page, it only slowed the server down from what I understand.That being said, it or the Member Spotlight would most likely be restored by me. I can't think of any truly needed cosmetic alterations to BZP.

Slowing down the server, how?

Actually, I disliked the HT box because members would make topics just to land their stuff there. I would want it back simply because it shows me where all the members are going, and reduces the event of members just diving off into their favorite forum without a notice of what else is going on here. I just think something has got to be decided about it - either fix it or remove it.

Slowing down the server, how?
I don't know how, but it's been said before by the staff when the Hot Topics were removed to make the obese server run faster.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Skins. Having the ability to change the skins, add new ones, and other things like that would be awesome. The blue and white combo is cool, but it gets dull after awhile. =/

This.To have a green skin around BZP would be wonderful! :)

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

I think the BZPower censorship policies, which include the word filter, the ####### and forum restrictions, and the rules against discussion of politics and religion, need to be drastically changed to be less strict, and in some cases eliminated.

Thank you, BZPower staff. In the past, I wish I showed more appreciation for all that you do. From one Bionicle fan to another, thank you.

I think the BZPower censorship policies, which include the word filter, the ####### and forum restrictions, and the rules against discussion of politics and religion, need to be drastically changed to be less strict, and in some cases eliminated.

I suggest you look at the third post.I find it strange that people can´t understand why the restrictions are in place. Please BZP, take them out for a week, and then people will see the reason in them. Edited by Waffles

Get Tohu's face back onto the forums. And even stick an avatar onto his account and delete that ridiculous "42" thing he has going on with his post count. It was originally mildly amusing, but 42 is annoyingly low and without a special member title like "Heart of BZPower", he looks like the eternal newbie**no longer a new member but still learning the ropes.

aouROFb.png

I also agree wit the fact that Hot Topics aren't needed at all. It can get quite annoying how much people care about their topic becoming an easy-to-answer topic, with over a hundred posts, just so it can reach the front page of Bzpower. I would much rather to allow users to post certain sites (Come on, even younger fans can venture into some popular sites that are banned), and most of all, make every post, no matter what forum it is on to count.

Relax censorship. Some words just don't need to be filtered and some websites should be permitted to be linked to, given it's pretty clear everyone goes on it. (You know what I'm talking about. The video one.)Although a more creative addition would be the introduction of a system that notifies a member if a post they made has been replied to/quoted. It'd be so much easier than traipsing back to a topic every five minutes to see if someone cares about what you said.

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

Relax censorship. Some words just don't need to be filtered and some websites should be permitted to be linked to, given it's pretty clear everyone goes on it. (You know what I'm talking about. The video one.)Although a more creative addition would be the introduction of a system that notifies a member if a post they made has been replied to/quoted. It'd be so much easier than traipsing back to a topic every five minutes to see if someone cares about what you said.

Actually, the new software already has such a feature. If you click the notification button on top of the topic, wait for the pop up menu to come out, there 's a link that says "Options". It will bring you to a page where you can choose for what actions that you do, or are done to relation to your profile, you are being notified about. It's actually quite handy and elegant.

Am I the only one who doesn't think the Hot Topics are needed whatsoever?

Yeah, I agree about the Top Ten Hot Topics not being too useful or necessary. It was almost always filled with random GD topics bumped up there by tons of brief posts.So, if I were admin for a day, I would remove the Top Ten Hot Topics list, and make the Member Spotlight work again. Sorry Eeko. :P~B~

So, let's say you become an admin for a day and are given the chance to make one improvement on the BZPower forums.What would you do?I would likely bring the Hot topics box back to functionality, in all its evil glory.

God yes! I'd say that was one of my favorite features of the old BZPower. I often posted my posts in replies to topics in that box. Those were where you found easy access to good discussion topics. Not to mention I would pride myself on making the list occasionally. XDIf not this, then I'd like a little more personality to the forums, rather than this uniformed (though streamlined and efficient) appearance. Edited by Superbionicle

superpaper_624_1255384923.jpg

"By me... Count Bleck! The chosen executor of the Dark Prognosticus... is Count Bleck! The fine fellow prophesied to come to this dimension... is also Count Bleck!"