Bionicle: Legends and Virtues (game)

Toatapio Nuva

game_title.jpg

For a long time, I've been thinking about making a Bionicle RPG game that would accurately depict the storyline, from the beginning. Recently, I finally began to work on the idea, using RPG Maker VX Ace and stuff I already had in place from my Voyage of Fear game to create a retelling of the 2001 story. I decided to pick Kopaka as a sort of main protagonist, so the game follows canon story events from his perspective.

The game is still under development, fully playable from start to finish. It contains about 3 hours of gameplay as of now, and goes through all the important story elements.

DOWNLOAD THE DEMO (VERSION 2) (updated 30.5.2017)

You can view screenshots below:

screenshot5.jpg

screenshot1.jpg

screenshot2.jpg

screenshot3.jpg

screenshot4.jpg

screenshot6.jpg

Now, this is still very much a work in progress, and if you feel like you can contribute somehow, please let me know. All help would be appreciated. If you have and know how to use VX Ace, even better, but it's not necessary. For example, I'm always in need of sprites and other graphical things, cause I'm not very good at them myself. So I will gladly accept help on those departments.

Play the demo, and let me know what you think. All feedback is appreciated, and possibly used to improve the next version of the demo. :)

Edited by Toatapio Nuva
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So, I've finally got the game to a stage where it's fully playable from beginning to end. It's still a demo, but there's now a lot more to do, including collecting all the different masks and using them, and more.

The download link has been updated with the new version. Be sure to try it out!

I don't mean to rain on your parade, but the Kane-Ra pic in the screenshots is one of NickonAquaMagna's:  http://nickinamerica.deviantart.com/art/BB-Kane-Ra-color-ref-197319391

I just want to know, did you get permission from him to use it?  If not you should probably clear that up now.

Avatar by Nicholas Anderson (NickonAquaMagna)

My blog: The Jaga's Nest

I assume you'll be updating the tilesets and system graphics to something custom rather than using default RPG Maker resources? Perhaps something inspired by MNOG? Or VNOG?

I am in fact updating some of the maps with custom tilesets, but since I'm not much of an artist, I won't be making my own.

I don't mean to rain on your parade, but the Kane-Ra pic in the screenshots is one of NickonAquaMagna's:  http://nickinamerica.deviantart.com/art/BB-Kane-Ra-color-ref-197319391

I just want to know, did you get permission from him to use it?  If not you should probably clear that up now.

He gave me permission to use it.

I am in fact updating some of the maps with custom tilesets, but since I'm not much of an artist, I won't be making my own.

Ah, ok. So you have someone helping you out, making tilesets for your game?

No, but it would be very helpful. At the moment I'm using ones from the internet that are free for non-commercial use.

Edited by Toatapio Nuva

I'd say your Ko-Koro could definitely use some custom assets for the houses, for example. But for what it's worth, you do use the assets you have very well, the extra plugins you use definitely help to liven up the rpg maker formula, and it doesn't hurt that the music you use is excellent.

Edited by Fat Free Strawberry Onken

• 1 month later...