Is /r/bioniclelego a threat to BZP?

So I know that BZP has been going strong for maaaaany maaaaaany years and its well known within the Bionicle community but does anyone see reddit.com/r/bioniclelego thread as a possible threat to BZPower? Does anyone think that /r/bioniclelego will come out on top in the future as reddit in whole is a more popular platform?  :OMG:

Kongu Tohunga

#BioTube2017
Edited by BionicleEvolution

In short, Nah. In long, BZP has been around a very long time and I think will always be on top to close to it. But ever since BZP's initial downfall so many years ago the fans were divided and needed places to go, we can still see this today. But overall it is not a threat to the integrity and or longevity of BZP. BZP is the only force than can weaken itself.

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

I generally don't think so. While it is a continuing struggle for BZP to maintain relevance in an ever broadening internet with a focus on an increasingly niche franchise, I don't think any individual alternative sites for discussing Bionicle pose much of a DIRECT threat to BZPower (except in the infrequent but verifiable cases in which actual cyberattacks on BZPower have been plotted off-site).

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

See, I can understand concern over BZP's status and level of relevancy in the community as much as the next guy; the site has seen better days for sure. That said, I'm pretty confident that BZP's specialized focus and close affiliation with TLG will keep it above some random subreddit for a while.

And if they do grow more successful, what's wrong with that?

Find (digital) me under the name Azani on YouTube, Eurobricks, Discord, the BioMedia Project and the TTV Message Boards.

Please check out Project AFTERMAN on Tumblr and Facebook; I'm proud to have worked as their PR Manager and as a writer.

AAZZ.jpg

Social media in general presents a challenge for this site's growth, but I don't see Reddit specifically as any more of a threat than other social media hubs like Facebook, Tumblr, Instagram, or YouTube. The Bionicle community today is pretty decentralized compared to in 2006 or so when it was concentrated on big forums like BZPower, so I don't foresee any one site replacing BZP.

Edited by Aanchir
  • Upvote 2

Yeah, I don't go on Reddit for anything, and I doubt I'm alone in that.

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.
So far as I'm aware, it's pronounced like this: We're ee ah moo.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

G1 Battle for Spherus Magna - G2 A Lingering Shadow

Short Stories

G1 Fallen Guardian - G2 Shadows of Past and Future (The Legend Continues Entry) Head of Stone, Heart of Jungle

MOCs

Mask Hoarder, Desert Scourge

The only thing that can take down BZP is BZP from 8 years ago

Thats almost exactly what i said.

But overall it is not a threat to the integrity and or longevity of BZP. BZP is the only force than can weaken itself.

Great minds think alike.

Edited by Toa Imrukii

pure_muscle.png

We are like ol' Rhomania. Our greatest threat is not the multitude of wolves that lurk outside our borders and harass us, steal from us bit by bit, but rather ourselves. If we unify and not seek independent glory and share common respect to one another then we shall last for another millennium. 

Roman history, applicable to about everything. <3

• Upvote 1

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

• 2 weeks later...

BZP is still always going to be better than Reddit in my mind. I have been part of this community for about 10 years (lost my old account because I was very young when I made it and didn't remember my password or have a recovery email), and it is definitely the most inclusive Bionicle Fan community. I am a member of Bionicle Maskposting on Facebook as well as /r/BionicleLego, and the people there are generally just not as nice. I posted a MOC on here and the people who replied were all very friendly and gave great advice/insight. Can't really say the same about Facebook or Reddit communities.

BZP is still always going to be better than Reddit in my mind. I have been part of this community for about 10 years (lost my old account because I was very young when I made it and didn't remember my password or have a recovery email), and it is definitely the most inclusive Bionicle Fan community. I am a member of Bionicle Maskposting on Facebook as well as /r/BionicleLego, and the people there are generally just not as nice. I posted a MOC on here and the people who replied were all very friendly and gave great advice/insight. Can't really say the same about Facebook or Reddit communities.

Yeah those other websites can get pretty mean.

Post a moc on Facebook there is always going to be someone going to call it trash and use rather crude language. BZPower is a safe place for MOC makers.

Edited by Toa TimeLord

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

Listen, with my experiences with TTV, I can say first hand that in terms of civility, if that's even a word, that BZP is really the best fandom forum, or really any place of interaction in general, that I have been a part of. Regardless of just BIONICLE in fact, I've been a part of a few other communities in my day, and though they have their perks, BZP really is the best place that I have personally been a part of. In it's past it may have not been anywhere near as good as it is now, but it has certainly made up for those days. And I will say that I have had my unfortunate run-ins with some rather immature or just frankly uncivil members here, but I never felt like I was going to be vilified here for defending myself in such, unlike my experiences with TTV some odd years ago. Where I would be cherry-picked out, and put the blame on, for really anything, because I had made mistakes. I was used as a scapegoat, and always felt hated, and because of that I was on edge. In fact, BZP was my last haven for a time, and when I came on, I was not vilified, but people actually for once cared about me and helped, and became my friends. Never before than did I feel such love.

I have been a fan since 2001, but only until around 2011 did I really start to get into the broader community. And though I've had my ups and downs, my personal best experiences have been with BZP. Heck, I went to BrickFair NE this year as an exhibitor, and felt the same amount of love there as I do here on the site. That's something I can say I never felt with TTV, even though for a time I gave them far more attention and frankly love of mine as a fan.

Now, there have been a few occasions that have not been so good with BZP, not with me, but with others. And though they weren't handled as well per say as they could have been, it's not like it was full of anger and hatred and uncivilness, as my experiences with TTV were like. From what I can assess, BZP does their best to try and fix difficult situations, and they do an admirable job I feel in finding solutions to problems.

With all those regards combined, I feel very personally and strongly that BZP will almost always be better than any other fan-site or group, because BZP always tries to fix problems. Unlike those other place where you'll always have that one toxic individual, and a group of people who don't know how to fix it, and who do not know forgiveness. And let me say this, as a person who has been thrown under the bus several times, left for dead. I don't just mean online, I mean in real life too, harassed, abused, humiliated, I know true pain and true evil, so much so that I can say that BZP will last a long time. Despite it's darkest hours.

pure_muscle.png

• 1 month later...

In short, Nah. In long, BZP has been around a very long time and I think will always be on top to close to it. But ever since BZP's initial downfall so many years ago the fans were divided and needed places to go, we can still see this today. But overall it is not a threat to the integrity and or longevity of BZP. BZP is the only force than can weaken itself.

When/what was this "downfall" you speak of?

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?