Tavakai

I happen to be a big fan of the series. >=( I'm replaying Emerald at the moment actually, great game. But MOVING ALONG :PI like this DFAP (easier to say) series so far. Maybe it's just the sheer lack of logic in it. Like the "catching a Politoed" bit. Even though Politoed is lame. =P

Generation reeeeeeeeeeeee: If you see this, don't copy it into your signature. Get off your computer. Go outside! Go for a walk! Appreciate the beauty of the world while you're young and energetic and full of unwarranted enthusiasm. 

Well isn't that a coincidence. Anyway, it seems this "phase" is reaching across all universes in this multiverse.~Exon :hau:

Edited by Exon

I would post saying only, "You're awesome," but I would get reported for spam, and rightfully so. Then I would have to delete my own post or maybe leave an edit telling myself to read the rules, which I wrote. You get the picture.

As you can see, I support the "put a windrider quote in your sig" movement. I do hope it catches on.

O kewl. I be Tohunga. But I suh tinee. owell.

-{ Bad Images }- -{ What Just Happened 2.0 }-

RWAM 15: ReversalFun fact: Every single female comic maker I know of is in this comic. No. No wait. It seems I forgot the only one who's in the ICC. Yeah. Major fail there. Also, I didn't know who Makuta of Comedy was at the time, so she's not in it.Since this was pretty much inspired by Lavaside Rahi's blog entry from a while back on the lack of good female characters and female comic makers in general, I thought it was only fitting to put it in Razor and include LR himself.Red Starbucks is Kahi's idea. I'm pretty sure it hasn't been used yet, so that's why I'm going out of my way to credit him here so you guys don't think it was me.Next RWAM comic is the last.Also, general news, I plan on entering the contest. Almost done with making the basic vectors for the characters.

Edited by Tavakai

button.png

Well, forgetting the one in your continuity is quite a major fail, but owell. I count 5 female-Comic makers in total in the comic. Such a large number eh? I liked the "Light907" reference there. Personally though, I don't really get the "red starbucks" thing.Anyway, I don't know why, but Razor actually works out for me in that comic. In some other cases, it just looks horrid.~Exon :hau:

I would post saying only, "You're awesome," but I would get reported for spam, and rightfully so. Then I would have to delete my own post or maybe leave an edit telling myself to read the rules, which I wrote. You get the picture.

As you can see, I support the "put a windrider quote in your sig" movement. I do hope it catches on.

O kewl. I be Tohunga. But I suh tinee. owell.

-{ Bad Images }- -{ What Just Happened 2.0 }-

This is the first time iv'e posted in these Comics Tav.I saw Miraka in Razor form.Keep up the good work. ;)

2020 STATUS UPDATE:

If you've come across any of my topics such, as my comic series which are now lost, I just want to say is I have since DISOWNED them as of 2020. Looking back at them I'm no longer proud of what I've made here on BZPower.

@Oneker: Thanks!Anyway, fourth anniversary of the comics is today, February 10. I planned on at the very least finishing that 4-year Norik head comic that was due back in October, but then came this contest and it's preoccupied all of my free time now.So since I don't have an anniversary comic or image or other commemorative thingy, here's a new comic that I made six months ago:Disregard Forums Acquire Pokemans part 9: The Hazards of the 3DSAnd here we have another ICC member being lit on fire in this filler. This also references a 3DS commercial, for those who haven't seen it.In other news, I added mirror links to most of the comics up there so you can still read them if/when Maj goes down again.

Edited by Tavakai

button.png

Wait a second. I'm in a world where my profession is dominated by lovely ladies who all want me in their comics? :blink:Why would I want to hide from that?! :lol:I just read through the entirety of A Room With a Mahi, and man it is sweet! Alternate universe stories are the best. :biggrin: And that Gavla Old Spice commercial...oh my god, that was hilarious.

Edited by lavaside rahi

If you want to see what became of me... I became a brony fan fiction writer.

My cousin got a 3DS. The effect is very similar to what this comic describes.

I must have like eyes of steel; I got the 3DS at launch, always have 3D at max when I have it on, and I've never had eye strain once. When I first used the 3DS, I got a mild headache, but that's all.And WHOA did Gerlicky just get sucked into his 3DS? O_o

Generation reeeeeeeeeeeee: If you see this, don't copy it into your signature. Get off your computer. Go outside! Go for a walk! Appreciate the beauty of the world while you're young and energetic and full of unwarranted enthusiasm. 

My cousin got a 3DS. The effect is very similar to what this comic describes.

I must have like eyes of steel; I got the 3DS at launch, always have 3D at max when I have it on, and I've never had eye strain once. When I first used the 3DS, I got a mild headache, but that's all.And WHOA did Gerlicky just get sucked into his 3DS? O_o
Hm... mild headache you say?What if we mixed 3DS graphics with the old Lavender Town music? The one that gave kids headaches?Gentlemen, we've found the ultimate torture method...

Dude I am literally just a fart

More soon maybe?

We'll see...

@LR: Thanks!@Chath/Ddude: This was mostly based on the 3DS launch commercial, which shows Nintendo executives playing a 3DS and getting sucked inside. And most people I show my 3DS to say it's giving them a headache immediately, though I've never had a problem with it.Anyway, contest entry time! I didn't know the deadline was extended until I began preparing to post my entry. :PMaj isn't working, so I'm hosting things elsewhere.Oh, and also, this time the length is due to panel size rather than amount as usual. XDBZPower Comics Contest 1: Get a Clue!bzpcc1_adarkdeed_tavakai_thumb.pngA Dark DeedFull comic (>9MB, >15Kpx long)Parts: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4Banners (I'm going to take the lazy ICC route here and assume you know what to do with these URLs):Regular: NOT FOR USE IN BZP SIGNATURES; it's too big for that.Signature safe: Use if you've got room/don't mind the jpeggerySmaller PNG: Use if the other one's too big/you have a deathly allergic reaction to jpeggery

button.png

"You're a lawyer." Best reason ever to suspect someone for murder. No doubt. Kahi's grilling was the first one I laughed at while reading.His approach with you was good to start, but just crashed hilariously. I almost took it seriously, until he accused you of stabbing the victim with speech bubbles. I could just hear your deadpan "No. No, I haven't."I have to take a breath here because I just read Matau's "Crazy" Matau's interrogation. You can get away with so much when it comes to his character, and for that one fleeting moment, Sherlock seemed sane by comparison.I don't know. The ending feels flat. The punch line doesn't have zing to it. More of your insane detective making random comments, except this one doesn't really have a humor value to make it worth the randomness. It's not that I can't handle a lack of resolution (which you sort of established anyway by keeping Dark alive), it's that you play the wild card and let it drop flat. I've seen that angle played before, and I think you could have added some kind of twist to the twist to make it more funny or somewhat serious.However, I love seeing you use that Powerpoint vector style. It has nice details and shows you put a lot of effort into it.Glad you had Sherlock's character saved up, too. He defiantly fits the theme of the contest and you already had him in your cast, so he didn't need an awkward introduction for those of us who remember him. Everyone's ability to play serious with him and keep deadpan is what adds to the humor.Breaking the fourth wall with the thought and speech bubbles as murder weapons were a nice touch as well. Creativity points.Final thought: Maybe it was because I read it in parts the first time, but it just felt fractured. Jumping from point to point with a bit of crazy humor thrown in and no real point to it all when the ending comes. You usually pull of the running from beginning to middle humor to middle craziness to more middle humor to end fantastically, but this time it looks rushed and the flow is lost.J-K out.

chimkalsig.png
Sort of retired

If Dark709 is still alive is the body Teridax? or is it something made by Sir Pickles?I thought Ennar would've been in this because didn't Ennar hate Dark709?

2020 STATUS UPDATE:

If you've come across any of my topics such, as my comic series which are now lost, I just want to say is I have since DISOWNED them as of 2020. Looking back at them I'm no longer proud of what I've made here on BZPower.

Hahahahahaha Dark Deed I see wat u did tharThat was...really good. Like, "I'm not sure if it's even worth working on my entry since it pales next to this" good. :P

• 2 weeks later...

@Ayel: Thanks!@Justax: Yeah, the problem here is that is had to be more serious, so I kind of tried to force it in that direction (not overly successfully, either). I'm good at coming up with serious plots, but they usually turn out pretty long (Christmas 2008+2011 comic, Mega GS comic, Tavakai: The Movie, etc). So since I knew that would happen, I sort of threw this thing together and had some mixed results. Still pretty good, but not the best--I'd say your assessment is the most accurate one I've seen of it.And the other part of this is the vectors themselves. Because of their level of detail and their gradients, and the fact that I have to cut eyeholes into new masks every time I put them in Gimp (this is why I'm considering switching to Inkscape or something), I get really lazy when doing this, and don't really use the creative poses and expressions that normally show up in my comics. I think that stuff adds to the things I put in my comics, and without that support, it's easier to see those holes you pointed out.@Oneker: Ennar probably could have gone into this, but he didn't occur to me at the time. Besides, I had plenty of characters in there and since I wasn't aware the deadline was extended I couldn't exactly have shoved in another one with such little time left.As for the body, it just popped in my head and went with it. This is one of the times that there isn't a concrete ending because I haven't even created it (like the Kopeke saga). It's basically up to interpretation. You guys could even make fan comics of your interpretations, if you so chose.@Ddude: Sure, graphically it may be better, but in terms of the other things, but just look at what Justax and I said. And anyway, winning isn't all the point of the contest. I don't care if I win. I looked forward to this contest because it sounded fun to make a comic from a prompt or idea that I didn't come up with.Anyway, it's high time we have some new comic stuff in here.Disregard Forums Acquire Pokemans part 10: Challenger Approaches!This is the last one of these I've made. *cue sadface*Fortunately, I have at least half a dozen more scripted, and I haven't even reached an ending. And remember, this was originally supposed to be one comic, and a filler, at that. :PGentleman Gavla in this comic is supposed to be a parody of Lady Gaga, in case you couldn't tell.Also, besides Politoedsworth (who was caught and stored in the PC, and had a different nickname) and Haxoraktor (who left the team later on), that's my real team from White. The other two are Zorro (Zoroark) and Suicune (which is shiny), both at Lv.100 as well. I trained them all legitimately, too. I don't lie about my Pokemon obsessions; I finished the Pokedex and got my team to Lv.100 in just about exactly two months from when I got White, and then put it aside for pretty much all of the time since then.I'm pretty proud of that Pokemon arena thing I made. Well, except for the cubic-interpolation resize for the foreground platform. I was lazy. It's completely from scratch, though.And I didn't make that Gavlantula; it was either Emkay or Zakitano. Can't remember which. It's an inside joke, I guess; it's from back when the English names for the Generation V Pokemon were released.Next time: FINAL RWAM COMIC!And don't forget to go check out the contest entries once the polls open. Sure, it would be cool if you voted for me, but I'm not particularly concerned with winning. I mean, I'm not interested in Lego too much anymore, so if I get a prize my reaction will just be, "Hey great, free stuff!" Just follow your heart brain artisticriticismeter or whatever you use to vote for the best entry.

button.png

I say, Gavla. I challenge you to a Pokemon battle.Jeffery! Bring me my Poke Balls.Gavla just seemed so dressed up for the situation.And then he did that singing thing...

Dude I am literally just a fart

More soon maybe?

We'll see...

@Chath: Thank you! I actually did end up writing a full parody of "Poker Face" based on that. Don't know if it'll ever go anywhere, but hopefully it will.@LR: hehe.pngAnyway,I somehow made it to the FINAL POLL of the comics contest! Yeah so go over there and stuff.Also, I've recently realized I forgot a while back to keep updating that epic (which I wrote in July but can't post all at once since there's a rule against that). I'm going to try to get back to that. So keep your eyes on this topic (but don't post in it) and bug me if it's been over a day since I've updated it. That way it should be done in less than a month.(and just as a reminder, don't talk about the epic here, talk about it in the review topic--this is just a general announcement. And don't bug me in any topic whatsoever since that's considered spam and it's a federal offense on BZP. Just PM me or comment on my profile.)Anyway, I've also noticed that not many of my fans seem to be reading the epic (or if they are they haven't given me any indication). Therefore, I've decided to make an abridged version in a new style I'm trying out, since if you've been a fan of my comics and don't keep up with this part of the storyline, you'll be confused come my next series. That is, if that comes out at all (beyond the first comic which I made in August). I if you're too lazy to read the epic (that's not an insult; I'm usually too lazy to read people's epics too--there's something about reading things on computers that really kills my attention span even though I've read 1000+ page books) then go ahead and read the abridged version. I'll try to churn out those pretty quickly; I made two and a half in almost no time at all. That said, there are details in the epic that aren't in the abridged version, so you'll benefit more by reading that. Plus it's proof I can write pretty serious stuff (which I kind of failed at with the mystery because I can't do serious stuff on short notice). The abridged version is not serious; I basically just get the bare facts out of the epic's story in a humorous manner not at all the same as the epic.ANYWAY

TAVAKAI: THE MOVIESLOPIFILOUSLY ABRIDGIFICATED(or: your last resort after you try to do something in Liveswif, it's too glitchey, you try making comics, it takes too long, and you write an epic that nobody reads)

I NOW PRESENTTavakai the Movie: Part 2 Scene 3: The Secret of the Castle - ABRIDGEDWonderful quality, I know. And it gets better, too.Also, I recall putting some kind of riddle in my 2008 Christmas Advent Calendar (that is, the one I personally made for this series with sprites and preview panels, not the sort of MAS thing that didn't exist for two more years) that had to do with this.Yeah, I've had this storyline planned out since 2008. Wonder why I'm so eager to get it all posted? :P

Edited by Tavakai

button.png

• 3 weeks later...

Okay guys, the epic is completely posted and done. read it here, post stuff here.And yes, I somehow managed to win third place in the contest! Old news, yeah, but I haven't posted anything here in a while.Anyway, I'm going to continue this abridgificating stuff until I've done everything before I move back to the regular comics. I'll do five at a time though from now on, so it won't take very long.Tavakai: The Movie: SLOPIFILOUSLY ABRIDGIFICATEDPart 3: Boat HuntingPart 4: The JourneyPart 5: ArrivalPart 6: CapturePart 7: PrisonersI am so proud of these.Next up, 8-12, then 13-17, then 18-epilogue. THEN THE RWAM FINALE

button.png

And now it all makes sense...Nice comics, I really like them. They give off a Bionicle Adventure Comix glow to it. Been following your epic, but this... This just takes my breath away. The Amazingness of the comics. Especially the recent ones. And you should be proud of these, they're boss.Some of the things I really liked are how you actually showed the body armor feel with the BZMetru Guard outfits. I also like the keen amount of detail you put into the comics. I also liked the small jokes you made.Nice job and keep up the good work,~Soran

soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

• 1 month later...

yay 79 days have passed and nobody seems to have noticedEvil plan to fade myself out of BZPower entirely: 60% completeANYWAYHere's the rest of what I had for those things since I'm not doing them anymore:You will have to make sense of them yourself since it's about 3 AM and I'm just going to drop these here and go to bed.http://www.majhost.com/gallery/VakamaTK/Comics/Tavakai-the-Movie/ABRIDGIFICATED/tm_p8_abridgificated.pnghttp://www.majhost.com/gallery/VakamaTK/Comics/Tavakai-the-Movie/ABRIDGIFICATED/tm_p9_abridgificated.pnghttp://www.majhost.com/gallery/VakamaTK/Comics/Tavakai-the-Movie/ABRIDGIFICATED/tm_p10_abridgificated.pnghttp://www.majhost.com/gallery/VakamaTK/Comics/Tavakai-the-Movie/ABRIDGIFICATED/tm_p11_abridgificated.pnghttp://www.majhost.com/gallery/VakamaTK/Comics/Tavakai-the-Movie/ABRIDGIFICATED/tm_p12_abridgificated.pnghttp://www.majhost.com/gallery/VakamaTK/Comics/Tavakai-the-Movie/ABRIDGIFICATED/tm_p13_abridgificated.pnghttp://www.majhost.com/gallery/VakamaTK/Comics/Tavakai-the-Movie/ABRIDGIFICATED/tm_p14_abridgificated.pngand so yeah I'm not doing any moreSeriously there would be like a good seven or so more, too much effortBut now you can just start at chapter 15 instead of chapter two or the prologueAlso, I'm not going to do season two of my comics (past the first comic which I made last August), or season three, or the movie; instead I will hopefully get the content to you in a different method and if that doesn't work out I'll just tell you what was going to happen.I think really the only things I'll end up doing after I release the rest of what I did last summer will be finishing that Norik Head comic and then making some TavKorp: Behind the Panels comics because I scripted out a lot of those and they were great.So anyway in like a week or something I guess you'll get the RWAM finale finally

button.png

• 2 weeks later...

Plot Twist! Nice job on the story. It was a very entertaining story and the ending was just epic. I do agree with the kids on all the other details, but who cares. That is the history of TavKorp.Great job on the series.~Soran

soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png