LEGO Share Details on 10257 Carousel

10257_Carousel_Reveal_teaser.jpg

Today at the Time To Play Media event in New York City, LEGO is announcing the newest addition to its Creator Expert 'fairgrounds' collection. Joining the Fairground Mixer and the Ferris Wheel on June 1st of this year will be 10257 Carousel. The model features a collection of interesting animal to ride on and has a ton of detail, great and small. To check out the designer video, official images, and press release, read on!

View the full article

Looks amazing! Although it's a bit smaller, I feel like in many respects it's a big improvement on Grand Carousel from 2009. The floor and the top "marquee" are a lot less gappy, the animal carriages are more varied and detailed, and even the mechanism seems smoother and more reliable than the old one, which I hear had a tendency to come apart. At $200 it's also a pretty great value for the piece count. Although Power Functions must be bought separately, adding around $14.50 to the cost, that's still comes to a lot less than the Grand Carousel which was $250 when it came out eight years ago (the equivalent of around $287 today).

Overall it's a great new addition to the Creator Expert range, and one that will go well with the previous Ferris Wheel and Fairground Mixer. Not an immediate must-buy for me but definitely one to save up for!