Gen 1 ending tie to Gen 2

Crackpot theory on how Greg's unfinished serials could have been intended to end and bridged the gap into Gen 2.

Ok so what do we know before the serials ended? We have a less than stable Great Being who has seen what his species' creations really were capable of doing, namely creating distraction, chaos, and misery. We have the Vahi going somewhere, and I think someone mentioned at some point that Vohporak is working with said Great Being, right? Even if not, the mask is on the move. We also have a fortress for the Golden Fusion sitting around. And we have, somewhat less directly related to the serials, the need for Vakama's past self to have a message received from a modern Toa of Sonics.

Now let's string these pieces together.

Long story short, Velika's plan isn't just to kill off the strongest beings on Spherus Magna. That's merely to keep them from interfering with his real plan: altering time itself.

Velika has seen firsthand some of the worst parts of his creation, one that was meant to undo the harm inflicted by his people's uncaring attitude twords the Agori and Glatorian. Consequently, he wants to undo it all.

Velika, as a great being, has a more intimate knowledge of Kanohi (as we saw when a great being froze Vezon's mask preventing him from leaving one of the alternate dimensions he entered). This means that (I admit I'm totally guessing here though) that Velika could use the legendary mask of time to tamper with the fabric of time itself. He would alter the timeline so that the Great Beings never create the MU, and Spherus Magna is allowed to come to a cataclysmic end (or maybe he'll make it so that the Great Beings actually rule to keep things from going crazy in the first place, whatever).

So, because tampering with the literal fabric of reality isn't an exact science, a few rifts begin appearing throughout the planet. One of these happens to form while Krakua is helping deal with the Golden Being's fortress. He gets a chance to impart some wisdom to a past Toa Vakama before informing the planet's still settling civilization that something is not quite right.

Que some story of discovering what's going on, and an eventual conflict between the Toa Mata and Velika.

There's no hope to beat him. He may well be the closest thing to a god that this world has. So instead it ends in a compromise.

The Toa convince Velika that it is unfair to punish his creations for his and his people's failures. If he truly wants to do well by them, he has to give them the agency to choose their destiny. Que speech on unity duty destiny blah blah blah.

Here's where gen 2 comes in.

To convonce Velika that it's worthwhile to keep from just rewriting history, the Mata agree to be woven into time as eternal heros who will descent from the heavens whenever called upon to battle the evil which Velika is so upset by. The vahi is strewn throughout the universe as a way of summoning the Toa from any time or place in the universe.

Not only does this wrap up some of the complex issues at the end of the serials, it also gives the Toa Mata a proper ending.

Think about it.

The Toa Mata really never get to be the heroes we, and they, were told they were. From the very start, the Toa were prophesied as heroes who would defeat Makuta and awaken Mata-Nui. But what happens? Makuta's first defeat is a farce, and his second doesn't even involve them, just Takanuva. Then when they finally awaken the GS Robot, they pretty much enthroned the devil as an omniscient, all powerful god. And even then, they didn't awaken Mata-nui, the Mask of Life did. Fast forward to makuta's defeat and only Tahu is even involved! What's more, all he does is genocide the Rahkshi so MataNui can moon Makuta to death.

They never really get that big moment to shine. Every victory is undermined or turned into something negative. This lets the Mata not only beat a greater evil than even Makuta, but become eternal heroes. I think that'd be a pretty proper way to send off our original power team, and provide technically an endless stream of continuations and reboots of bionicle using the main six.

Consider Gen 2. The Toa just get called down to help Okoto like they did with Mata-Nui. And when they finished, they ascended back to the stars. It could even tie in the mask of creation and makuta's name being transcendent from Gen 1 as canonically caused by the time rewriting.

Anyway, crackpot theory over.

TLDR: Velika wanted to rewrite time but instead would have made Gen 2 possible via the Vahi

• Upvote 4

An interesting theory, though I am a little confused by something. How do Okoto and it's inhabitants play into all this?

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.
So far as I'm aware, it's pronounced like this: We're ee ah moo.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

G1 Battle for Spherus Magna - G2 A Lingering Shadow

Short Stories

G1 Fallen Guardian - G2 Shadows of Past and Future (The Legend Continues Entry) Head of Stone, Heart of Jungle

MOCs

Mask Hoarder, Desert Scourge

I can appreciate the thought that went into this, and I completely see the general premise (that Makuta's defeat in G2 was a far more traditional villain defeat than any of his "defeats" in G1). However, I still don't see why trying to tie a connection between the two generations does anything except confuse everyone. This theory still doesn't explain why Okoto exists, what the Mask of Control does, or fix any of G2's numerous flaws. It still suits me more to consider them two separate storylines, one influenced (out-of-universe) by the other.

Edited by Master Inika

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!