You ever celebrated Bionicle's or its story or set year's anni

Lenny7092

Hi, guys!:) We may know that Lego does not celebrate Bionicle's anniversaries, but have you guys ever celebrated them or Bionicle's story or set years' anniversaries? Well, for me, I am sort of doing it.

Here is the list of things that you would celebrate:

1. 2006 - 5th anniversary of Bionicle and the 2001 storyline - the part where the Piraka arrived to Voya Nui with the Toa Mata's canisters reminds me of the 2001 storyline, where Toa Mata arrive to the island of Mata Nui with the canisters. Plus, the Bionicle Heroes video games includes characters from the 2001-2005 storylines, and the old online games from these years, including the Mata Nui Online Game in 2001, are re-released in 2006.

2. 2007 - 5th anniversary of the 2002 storyline - the Toa Nuva Blog presents the Toa Nuva, who appeared in the 2002 storyline.

3. 2008 - 5th anniversary of the 2003 storylines and the Mask of Light movie - the 2008 storyline shows the Toa Nuva and Takanuva fighting against the Makuta, which reminds me of the heroes fighting Makuta Teridax. Also, there are Av-Matoran involved, which reminds me of Takua in the Mask of Light storyline.

4. 2009 - 5th anniversary of the 2004 storyline and the Legends of Metru Nui movie - the 2009 storyline shows an arena, which reminds me of the Coliseum in the 2004 storyline.

5. 2010 - 5th anniversary of the 2005 storyline and the Web of Shadows movie

6. 2011 - 10th anniversary of Bionicle and the 2001 storyline, and 5th anniversary of the 2006 storyline - Well, Hero Factory's Savage Planet storyline shares some things in Bionicle's 2001 storyline, including the fact that there are six different-colored heroes arriving from the sky to a world with a jungle-related place and fighting against animals that are mind-controlled by corrupted objects given by a villain. Plus, when Ninjago came out, it started with elemental heroes collecting magical golden objects, which is a little similar to the 2001 storyline.

7. 2012 - 10th anniversary of the 2002 storyline and 5th anniversary of the 2007 storyline - HF's Breakout storyline shows villains escaping from prison and there is a shark-based one fighting a hero underwater, which remind me of the 2007 storyline.

8. 2013 - 10th anniversary of the 2003 storylines and the MoL movie, and 5th anniversary of the 2008 storyline - in a coincidence, Hero Factory's Brain Attack storyline features seven heroes as the main protagonists, like how Bionicle's 2003 and 2008 storylines show seven main heroes.

9. 2014 - 10th anniversary of the 2004 storyline and the LoMN movie, and 5th anniversary of the 2009 storyline and The Legend Reborn movie - HF's Invasion From Below storyline shows a city being threatened, which reminds me of the 2004 storyline.

10. 2015 - 10th anniversary of the 2005 storylines and the WoS movie, and 5th anniversary of the 2010 storyline - the 2015 storyline shows evil spiders, which reminds me of the 2005 storyline.

11. 2016 - 15th anniversary of Bionicle and the 2001 storyline, and 10th anniversary of the 2006 storyline - Well, the 2016 storyline does include versions of the Toa from the 2001 storyline. Plus, the end credits in The Journey to One says the words "2001-2016".

12. 2017 - 15th anniversary of the 2002 storyline, and 10th anniversary of the 2007 storyline

I know it's a lot, but that would do.

Interestingly, in 2015, how the 2015 storyline began with the Toa arriving to the island of Okoto is sort of similar to the 2001 storyline, where the Toa arrive in the island of Mata Nui. I guess this would represent the 2001 storyline's 14th anniversary. Plus, in 2017, the soundtrack for the MoL movie was released to celebrate the movie's 14th anniversary.

When I celebrate Bionicle and its storylines, I usually look at my Bionicle collection (which would be more than 5 years old) and say to myself this, "Wow, it's been 5, 10, or 15 years already. Such good and nostalgic memories.:) ". I would also play my sets again to relive my precious memories. I would talk about Bionicle and its storylines to my friends like stories, including characters and important objects. I made some topics that would help out celebrating, and this topic is one of them.:)

So, how would you guys celebrate Bionicle and its story or set years' anniversaries? What do you do to do them? Have you encountered something that reminds you of anything that is related to Bionicle in its anniversary in any way, too?:)

Edited by Lenny7092

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

I like Bionicle, but I feel that I have more important things to celebrate.

• Upvote 2

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

At one point, back in 2007, I pulled out all the Bionicle sets I owned at the time and put all the good guys on one side of my room and the bad guys on the other. I then took pictures of both sides. I didn't do this for a Bionicle related anniversary, as I've actually never celebrated one of those. But this is as close as I'll come to doing something celebratory that involved Bionicle.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

I will admit that I often find myself reflecting somberly on the passage of time whenever I realize one of the BIONICLE films are five/ten/however many years old. However, more than that, I do sort of celebrate milestones in when I began collection BIONICLE sets (2003) and when I joined BZPower (2007). Specifically, I spent 2008 feeling a sense of pride at being a BIONICLE fan for five years. And I am looking forward to October 7 of this year, when I'll be a BZPower member for a decade (and get a new spinny! :D ).

Aside from feeling old every time I watch one of the movies or look at a set for too long, I don't really celebrate in any physical way, though. It would always be fun to, though. I have only one offline friend who's also a LEGO fan, though, so I'm not sure what we'd do aside from build MOCs and have a BIONICLE film marathon.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

I mostly just think "woah, it's been ___ many years since ___". For the anniversaries of the movies, I'll probably watch them again since I still enjoy them. Otherwise, it's mostly just working to complete collections or whatever.

dat_logo_newer.png

qs56078.jpg
 My Brickshelf, please don't copy!

... :t: :b: :m_o: :c:...

Looking for shiny Regirock, Articuno, and Virizion!

(Can trade most any legendary for them!)

My 3DS friend list is full, sorry!

I reflect on the anniversary of G2's announcement pretty much every year. But that's largely because of how personal an experience getting to go to New York Comic Con for the official reveal was. A lot of the milestones listed here are far less specific or personal to me (and in fact, most of them aren't even tied to a specific date).

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I had the Voya Nui logo as my wallpaper on my phone last year for 10 years since 2006.

Haven't done it before. Haven't done it since. I guess getting a tattoo of a Hau made me sentimental. I appreciate Bionicle but a wallpaper is as far as celebration goes for me.

• Upvote 2

index.jpg

Twitter: @enkindle_this

I vaguely remember there being a Tahu day on BZP in days past, I don't know if that counts.

"You humans are absurd, Rook. Furious when you're not in control, terrified when you are. Pull it together."

I remember I used to have an unofficial "Bionicle Day", set on August 11th (because for some reason, there are no US national holidays in August). I would just make a point of playing with Bionicles that day or something lol.

rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

I remember I used to have an unofficial "Bionicle Day", set on August 11th (because for some reason, there are no US national holidays in August). I would just make a point of playing with Bionicles that day or something lol.

If that's how you celebrate Bionicle Day, then every day for me is Bionicle Day.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!