Bo-Wahi?

Anyone have an idea why Le-Wahi on Mata-Nui would have been called Le-Wahi when it's more a region of The Green? Wouldn't it be more aptly named Bo-Wahi and Le-Koro?

I know on some level we're dealing with Matau here who gets to name things as he pleases, and it's not surprising he would call it Le-Wahi even with the plantlife, but is there any better explanation people might have?

In universe, I'm guessing it's because the Toa named the six regions and villages on Mata-Nui after the equivalent districts of Metru-Nui. The island was after all, their home away from home.

• Upvote 5

I have slept for so long. My dreams have been dark ones. But now I am awakened. Now the scattered elements of my being are rejoined. Now I am whole. And the Darkness can not stand before me.

They were Le-Matoran, not Bo-Matoran. the one closest to a Bo-Matoran would be Tamaru, however as far as we know he is but a Le-Matoran, regardless of certain... Odd features of his character.

Regardless of that though, as Zarkan said it most likely comes from their homes on Metru Nui, rather than the biome. And considering that they are Le-Matoran, like I said.

• Upvote 2

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

I'm pretty sure this is similar to how the naming process went:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYQb3FtJfm0

No, but seriously.  It's a bunch of Le-Matoran refugees from the district of Le-Metru with zero Bo-Matoran among them.  Of course they're going to name it Le-Koro.

Plus it wouldn't really fit with the naming scheme if all the other Turaga were just going to copy the names from Metru Nui.

• Upvote 2

Realistically, I don't think Bo became a prefix until quite late in the game.

Real question: why didn't he name it Ma-koro?

• Upvote 1

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.
So far as I'm aware, it's pronounced like this: We're ee ah moo.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

G1 Battle for Spherus Magna - G2 A Lingering Shadow

Short Stories

G1 Fallen Guardian - G2 Shadows of Past and Future (The Legend Continues Entry) Head of Stone, Heart of Jungle

MOCs

Mask Hoarder, Desert Scourge

I don't disagree that a village of air matoran would naturally be called the villiage of air, haha, but what I mean is why would the region of Le Wahi be called that and not Bo Wahi? Why call a huge jungle the "region of air" rather than the "region of the green."

In universe I mean. From our perspective we naturally have no reason to have called it Bo because it wasn't a thing yet. But in universe, what reason might there be? Just cause Matau?

I'm going to say it's partly just cause Matau, and partly because people (and Matoran) naturally like to name immigrant cities and regions after their homes. For example, the East coast of the United States is called New England, and many German cities in the Midwest take nams from German cities, such as Frankfort, Kentucky, Bremen, Ohio, and my favorite, Germany, Indiana. It may have also been confusing for the Mata Nui Matoran if the Po-Matoran were in Po-Wahi/Koro, the Ga-Matoran in Ga-Wahi/Koro etc. but the Le-Matoran were in Bo-Wahi/Le-Koro.

I certainly see where you're coming from, though. Every other Wahi/Koro is fairly similar to its Metru counterpart, but there's not much similarity between a skyscraper transport hub and a swampy jungle.

• Upvote 3

OqAhaVh.gif   qIprtVB.png     

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Bionicle G1 continuation and video-game project(MUSIC COMPOSER)  
special thx to Inary the Gunhaver for my new username. 

Let me ask you this: If you imagine yourself up in the trees and maybe above the canopy, do you feel the call of the jungle, or the gentle breeze of the surrounding skies?

• Upvote 2

t5pQDlO.jpg

:i:   :n:  :a:   :r:   :y: