Is it worth buying Axonn and Brutaka twice to make Botar?

Entirely up to you. If you feel it's worth it to have all three models in your collection, then go for it. I liked the Botar model, and if I had the space/money, I'd gladly add him to my lineup. 

If you feel a need to build all of the (depicted) Order of Mata Nui members, then I'd say Botar's a nice addition to that.

• Upvote 1

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

Entirely up to you. If you feel it's worth it to have all three models in your collection, then go for it. I liked the Botar model, and if I had the space/money, I'd gladly add him to my lineup. 

If you feel a need to build all of the (depicted) Order of Mata Nui members, then I'd say Botar's a nice addition to that.

This pretty much sums up the reasoning; additionally, it would save you the trouble of having to take two sets apart to build this guy and then taking him apart when/if you wanted them back.

• Upvote 1

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.
So far as I'm aware, it's pronounced like this: We're ee ah moo.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

G1 Battle for Spherus Magna - G2 A Lingering Shadow

Short Stories

G1 Fallen Guardian - G2 Shadows of Past and Future (The Legend Continues Entry) Head of Stone, Heart of Jungle

MOCs

Mask Hoarder, Desert Scourge

Ask your wallet. If I were rich enough, I'd have a ton of copies of each Bohrok, for example, so that I could have a big swarm. I'm not rich, so I don't. Basically no one here is going to have a good answer here unless you give us details on your private financial life (and I would advise not disclosing such information.)

• Upvote 1

Assuming infinite funds: yup.

Not assuming infinite funds: you're better off filling in gaps elsewhere in your collection before you buy doubles.

Hi.

If you remember me from when I was most active on BZP, from 2009-2011...

I know I was cringy. But please keep in mind I was literally 12.

I'd say just dissemble Axonn and Brutaka to build Botar, and then once you've built him you can decide for yourself whether you like him enough to get a second Axonn and Brutaka so you can keep Botar together.

Personally I'm not a big fan of Botar. Kardas, on the other hand, was pretty impressive for its time.

• Upvote 3

I never owned Brutaka, so I do not know what you are to expect in that regard. But I do own Axonn, and from the looks of it an equal amount of their pieces are used to make Botar. If you feel it best you should get two of each set. My biggest concern is what you could do with the extra pieces.

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

Bricklink parts you need for the combo model.

Use your spare parts to get you started then slowly bricklink what you need.

Buying all the separate pieces in the sets would probably be more expensive than just buying the sets as a whole.  Especially if you buy from multiple people, because then you'd have to pay a separate shipping cost for each order.

• Upvote 1

OpAXNpl.jpg

The three characters would appear in a Stop-motion film, judging by my budget and what everyone has said, I will likely rework the film so that the 3 never appear on camera together.

That is a tad unfortunate, especially if you're recreating the events of Inferno.

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

Short Stories

G1 Fallen Guardian - G2 Shadows of Past and Future (The Legend Continues Entry) Head of Stone, Heart of Jungle

MOCs

The three characters would appear in a Stop-motion film, judging by my budget and what everyone has said, I will likely rework the film so that the 3 never appear on camera together.

That is a tad unfortunate, especially if you're recreating the events of Inferno.

The story is set during the time the matoran lived on mata nui.

My Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClo2J14RKmVtcnoJTv7g6PA , Bionicle films coming soon!

Well, that makes it easier then.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

Short Stories

MOCs