Review: 6293 Furno

The color scheme looks really messy. There's no astetic flow to it, and the black, white, red, sliver, and trans-organge really clash horribly. I like the look of the hand-cuff piece, though, especially since it looks like it could fit onto a hero's hands. I can think of a ton of role-playing (and MOCing) applications for that.-don't touch my pocket protector

Three great comedies at one low, low price....NOTHING!

Three late-middle age matoran think of something they want to do before they kick the bucket.

Choose Your Own Bionicle Adventure (archived)

Navigate your way through a myriad of meaningless choices as you try to not make a fool of yourself in perhaps the only comedy ever written almost entirely in spoiler tags.

Useless BZP Junk that you Must Have!!!

Get to your phone, whip out your credit card, and prepare to buy some useless BZPower related junk that has no benefit on society except that you want it!!!

joehalobanner.jpg

I personally preferred his 3.0 design, but I'm a sucker for bird-based stuff. Painted-on decals look like a pain for reusing pieces later on.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

I think that excluding his obvious color flaws, the biggest disappointment in this set is that it's the only one of the four medium-sized sets without something to fill up his back. There's really no excuse for that.I'm still probably going to get him, though. I want to have all nine "1.0" helmets, and I missed Furno and Breez the first time around. And even then, thi set doesn't look all that bad and has some really useful parts, so it's all good with me.

AXKP5KC.png

Oh the irony. The only fire character is the only one to go underwater. I guess it could be worse if he was a toa. Toa of Boiled Water!! Die Jawblade!Anyways, I thought it looked cool, but I agree, the pictures show how messy he looks. Why did they put a claw piece on his lower left arm? It doesn't fit in at all!

I have to admit, not one of the better sets. The colors clash horribly and the build just looks...weird.On another note, first people complain about having stickers, now they complain about not having stickers? Sheesh, people, make up your minds!

"Whether that is right or not...I also...as a Rider...have a wish that I want to fulfill."

I'm still probably going to get him, though. I want to have all nine "1.0" helmets, and I missed Furno and Breez the first time around. And even then, thi set doesn't look all that bad and has some really useful parts, so it's all good with me.

Wait, nine? *Counts Furno, Surge, Stringer, Bulk, Breez, Stormer, and drop ship pilot*I counted seven. Who have the other two?EDIT: And, for my points, I think this set is a welcome addition to my brother's collection. If he can play with it without breaking it, he wants it.I'm glad they didn't call this wave '4.0'. The numbers kinda became irrelevant since 3.0.See, 2.0 makes sense, it was a complete redesign that took years to make and was given to all Heroes.3.0... wasn't. It was a temporary upgrade that barely improved upon the 2.0 design, and was only applied to six heroes. More of a 2.1.So, unless they make a proper 3.0, (which some might argue this wave is) I'd prefer no more numbers.EDIT AGAIN: 'Who have...'? I probably should've said 'Whose are...'... Edited by Gresh's Thornax...Ouchy!!!

-L- to the -K-

Sometimes, I look at my desk, and think, "What am I doing with my life?"

Then, I go back to my videogames.

I used to be known as 'Gresh's Thornax...Ouchy!!!', before I realised what a silly name it was.

Other previous names include Lihkan435 and Chip Biscuit.

Furno looks to me like he has a lot of ideas going on, but little structure to how they work with one another. I'm not going to buy him, although he doesn't look like a terrible set I'll give you that.-TNTOS-

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat." - Theodore Roosevelt

A Writerly Blog

The Tasty Library of Sugary Goodness

(My Little BIONICLE: Friendship is Explosive Completed 01/05/14)

{The Shika Trilogy Omnibus Completed 03/31/14) (Review Topic)

(In the End Completed 09/01/14) (Review Topic)

The Biological Chronicle: (2001) (2002) (2003) (2004) (2005) (2006) (2007) (2008) (2009) (2010)

I personally preferred his 3.0 design, but I'm a sucker for bird-based stuff. Painted-on decals look like a pain for reusing pieces later on.

Rubbing alcohol can that off painted details like that.

I think that excluding his obvious color flaws, the biggest disappointment in this set is that it's the only one of the four medium-sized sets without something to fill up his back. There's really no excuse for that.

You mean other than the big turbines on his back?

At some point you realize that you are but a speck in the Universe.

That you time in this worlds is but a blink.

You see the whole of reality as it unfolds before you.

You try to see how far you can reach, and it’s not that far past your face.

But then you come back from the brink.

You hold them in your arms again.

And you know that you are where their world begins.

You are their rock.

Overall, I really like Furno's color scheme and think it's fairly well-organized. Really the white doesn't create any real imbalance as I see it, and I think it creates an interesting color-layering effect, with Furno having red boots and white leggings and sleeves. A very classic "superhero" look, IMO. The transparent fluorescent reddish orange doesn't make much sense, though, I'll agree to that. Bright red would have made more sense.The color balance would have been better if his arms matched, but personally I like the asymmetry. His shield-arm isn't nearly as cool as Evo's tank-arm, but it's still pretty nicely designed and ends up looking cohesive, especially since it shares that mechanical detailing that the other parts of the model keep to a minimum.The longer legs for the medium-sized sets in the next wave kind of bother me, just because the torso doesn't get larger to match. Thus, we start to see a Toa Inika effect come into play. He still looks rather decent, but I hope this doesn't become a trend. I was very happy with the size of the heroes for the previous two waves. As with the Toa Metru and Toa Inika the larger size could lead to more versatility for the Hero build, but I don't think we're really seeing that with any sets other than Splitface, and I think the design of Furno, Breez, and Rocka could have just as easily been pulled off with shorter legs, at most a single module taller than Stormer 2.0's.Furno's not the hero I'm most excited for-- Breez and Evo so far are my favorites from the upcoming wave. But I still feel he's fairly well-designed.

I'm still probably going to get him, though. I want to have all nine "1.0" helmets, and I missed Furno and Breez the first time around. And even then, thi set doesn't look all that bad and has some really useful parts, so it's all good with me.

Wait, nine? *Counts Furno, Surge, Stringer, Bulk, Breez, Stormer, and drop ship pilot*I counted seven. Who have the other two?
I meant the helmets they would have had if they had been 1.0, like Rocka and Evo's this wave, and potentially Nex if he's released later. They aren't really the original helmets, thus the "1.0"

AXKP5KC.png

I personally liked this version of Furno, with the few problems being colour scheme and the lack of a melee weapon. Hopefully I'll get some cash on Christmas so I can get him.

jimistringer.png

Why are orange and black such a good color Combination ? Purple is pretty, and so is blue. Pink hurts your eyes, green is quite mellowing, black is very threatning, red is cool, orange is SO awesome, yellow's hard to read... But you can't see white at all! Oh, wait. I forgot brown.

Here's my thoughts: If a person tells the truth and says, " I always lie," Is he lying? Or is he telling the truth? And what has a mouth, but no head, and a body, but no torso? Do caterpillars like to tend to supporting colum of stone's every need? Or is that name misleading by nature? Speaking of nature, why are the children of animals called offspring? don't many young beasts come alive in spring, and thus, should be called onspring? Heeeeeeyy..... I got the first post on a page for the first time. Who knows; it may happen again. What the... It did happen again... and again...

YEAH! I'M ENCOUNTERING PROTODERMIS!

Why did they put a claw piece on his lower left arm? It doesn't fit in at all!

It's his shark proof armor.

At some point you realize that you are but a speck in the Universe.

That you time in this worlds is but a blink.

You see the whole of reality as it unfolds before you.

You try to see how far you can reach, and it’s not that far past your face.

But then you come back from the brink.

You hold them in your arms again.

And you know that you are where their world begins.

You are their rock.

The white isn't doing it for me. The handcuffs jut out. The armament on the launcher juts out as well. Overall the set seems cluttered to me. Though that launcher's pretty BA.

superpaper_624_1255384923.jpg

"By me... Count Bleck! The chosen executor of the Dark Prognosticus... is Count Bleck! The fine fellow prophesied to come to this dimension... is also Count Bleck!"

Wait, nine? *Counts Furno, Surge, Stringer, Bulk, Breez, Stormer, and drop ship pilot*I counted seven. Who have the other two?
I meant the helmets they would have had if they had been 1.0, like Rocka and Evo's this wave, and potentially Nex if he's released later. They aren't really the original helmets, thus the "1.0"
They may release Nex later, it also seems that stormer may as well if you have seen the video on the website

• 1 month later...

The Red and White doesn't fit each other.Wouldn't it gave been best if the white pieces was orange instead :???: and the Trans Orange maybe Trans Yellow? :???:In every Furno Review Why do you keep calling him Bill? :???: I thought he was William Furno. :huh:

2020 STATUS UPDATE:

If you've come across any of my topics such, as my comic series which are now lost, I just want to say is I have since DISOWNED them as of 2020. Looking back at them I'm no longer proud of what I've made here on BZPower.