• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Review: 6293 Furno

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
32 replies to this topic

#1 Offline DeeVee

DeeVee
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Blog Leaders
  • Senior Master Photographer

• 5,228 posts
  •   BZP Staff

Posted Dec 21 2011 - 09:07 PM

His name is Bill get it right. http://www.bzpower.c...tyle_emoticons/default/mad.gifI'm sad that a Furno set is being reviewed by someone else, but I'm glad it's Ben.

Edited by DeeVee, Dec 21 2011 - 09:08 PM.

spidermiles.jpg

#2 Offline Toa of Nerds

Toa of Nerds
  • Members
  • Emerging Stone Champion

• 1,488 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 21 2011 - 09:38 PM

The color scheme looks really messy. There's no astetic flow to it, and the black, white, red, sliver, and trans-organge really clash horribly. I like the look of the hand-cuff piece, though, especially since it looks like it could fit onto a hero's hands. I can think of a ton of role-playing (and MOCing) applications for that.-don't touch my pocket protector

Three great comedies at one low, low price....NOTHING!

Kicking the Bucket (archived)

Three late-middle age matoran think of something they want to do before they kick the bucket.

Choose Your Own Bionicle Adventure (archived)
Navigate your way through a myriad of meaningless choices as you try to not make a fool of yourself in perhaps the only comedy ever written almost entirely in spoiler tags.

Useless BZP Junk that you Must Have!!!
Get to your phone, whip out your credit card, and prepare to buy some useless BZPower related junk that has no benefit on society except that you want it!!!

Posted Image

#3 Offline Hapori Tohu

Hapori Tohu
  • None
  • Heart of BZPower

• 1,164 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 21 2011 - 08:59 PM

Posted Image
Our fiery leader of the Hero Factory heroes dives underwater in pursuit of more baddies. Here we see an under-water-ready Furno equipped with the latest armor and weapons, but will it be enough for any new challenges he must face? Read on for a review of Furno, simply Furno.

View the full article

#4 Offline ignika527

ignika527
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 34 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 21 2011 - 09:43 PM

Are you able to do the combo model? I was hoping to see a picture before I got the sets

#5 Offline afro toa

afro toa
  • Members
  • Seeker

• 260 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 21 2011 - 11:25 PM

Good review. This set is very mixed for me. I think it has a decent amount of good pieces for moc's, (especially the tubes) but I think I will end up with more pieces not being used after I decide to take it apart.

#6 Offline GSR

GSR
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders
  • Book Badger

• 980 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Dec 22 2011 - 12:23 AM

I personally preferred his 3.0 design, but I'm a sucker for bird-based stuff. Painted-on decals look like a pain for reusing pieces later on.

Unexpectedly stuck on phone internet until August 4th.  Sorry if I'm slow to respond!

newbforumleader.jpg
(That's a blog link for what it's worth)

The Q&A Compendium
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

#7 Online dotcom

dotcom
  • Members
  • Kohrak-Kal Shattered

• 4,795 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 22 2011 - 12:30 AM

I think that excluding his obvious color flaws, the biggest disappointment in this set is that it's the only one of the four medium-sized sets without something to fill up his back. There's really no excuse for that.I'm still probably going to get him, though. I want to have all nine "1.0" helmets, and I missed Furno and Breez the first time around. And even then, thi set doesn't look all that bad and has some really useful parts, so it's all good with me.

storengusu_-_copy.jpg

#8 Offline Click

Click
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,289 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 22 2011 - 12:50 AM

Oh the irony. The only fire character is the only one to go underwater. I guess it could be worse if he was a toa. Toa of Boiled Water!! Die Jawblade!Anyways, I thought it looked cool, but I agree, the pictures show how messy he looks. Why did they put a claw piece on his lower left arm? It doesn't fit in at all!

~click.gif

kanohibanner.gif

BZPRPG (inactive)The Scarabax Library | Flickr | Deviantart

#9 Offline Kung Fu Pyro

Kung Fu Pyro
  • Members
  • Makuta Conquered!

• 558 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 22 2011 - 12:53 AM

I have to admit, not one of the better sets. The colors clash horribly and the build just looks...weird.On another note, first people complain about having stickers, now they complain about not having stickers? Sheesh, people, make up your minds!

sigpart1.pngsigpart2.pngsigpart3.pngsigpart4.png

#10 Offline christo1096

christo1096
  • Members
  • Kohrak-Kal Attacks!

• 2,818 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 22 2011 - 04:18 AM

Furno looks stronger than before, but I think some white pieces are out of place. We can found some interesting parts here yummy :D

#11 Offline Gresh's Thornax...Ouchy!!!

Gresh's Thornax...Ouchy!!!
  • Members
  • Toa

• 117 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 22 2011 - 05:31 AM

I'm still probably going to get him, though. I want to have all nine "1.0" helmets, and I missed Furno and Breez the first time around. And even then, thi set doesn't look all that bad and has some really useful parts, so it's all good with me.

Wait, nine? *Counts Furno, Surge, Stringer, Bulk, Breez, Stormer, and drop ship pilot*I counted seven. Who have the other two?EDIT: And, for my points, I think this set is a welcome addition to my brother's collection. If he can play with it without breaking it, he wants it.I'm glad they didn't call this wave '4.0'. The numbers kinda became irrelevant since 3.0.See, 2.0 makes sense, it was a complete redesign that took years to make and was given to all Heroes.3.0... wasn't. It was a temporary upgrade that barely improved upon the 2.0 design, and was only applied to six heroes. More of a 2.1.So, unless they make a proper 3.0, (which some might argue this wave is) I'd prefer no more numbers.EDIT AGAIN: 'Who have...'? I probably should've said 'Whose are...'...

Edited by Gresh's Thornax...Ouchy!!!, Dec 23 2011 - 03:47 PM.

-L- to the -K-

HERO FACTORY WILL BECOME MILDLY COOL.

BIONICLE WILL REMAIN EPICLY AWESOME.

I WILL INVENT THE PANCAKE.

Why yes, I DO also like Sonic The Hedgehog!

#12 Offline TNTOS

TNTOS
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Ice Warrior Defeated

• 2,977 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 22 2011 - 09:35 AM

Furno looks to me like he has a lot of ideas going on, but little structure to how they work with one another. I'm not going to buy him, although he doesn't look like a terrible set I'll give you that.-TNTOS-

"If people only knew how hard I work to gain my mastery it wouldn't seem so wonderful at all." -Michelangelo

A Writerly Blog
The Tasty Library of Sugary Goodness
(My Little BIONICLE: Friendship is Explosive Completed 01/05/14)
{The Shika Trilogy Omnibus Completed 03/31/14) (Review Topic)
(In the End Updated 07/28/14) (Review Topic)
The Biological Chronicle: (2001) (2002) (2003) (2004) (2005) (2006) (2007) (2008) (2009) (2010)

#13 Offline Bambi

Bambi
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 5,063 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 22 2011 - 09:49 AM

Hey, that looks like a pretty cool set. I'm going to have to check him out.

#14 Offline Obsessionist

Obsessionist
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members

• 1,271 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 22 2011 - 10:12 AM

After this review, I'd have to agree about it being a poorly designed set. It also has fewer really great pieces than others. On the other hand, I really, really want those big HF shells on his lower legs.

1395440177m_SPLASH.jpg

#15 Offline Smitty

Smitty
  • Members

• 1,411 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 22 2011 - 11:19 AM

I personally preferred his 3.0 design, but I'm a sucker for bird-based stuff. Painted-on decals look like a pain for reusing pieces later on.

Rubbing alcohol can that off painted details like that.

I think that excluding his obvious color flaws, the biggest disappointment in this set is that it's the only one of the four medium-sized sets without something to fill up his back. There's really no excuse for that.

You mean other than the big turbines on his back?

"NINJA GO!"

"Yeah Ninja go clean your room..."

#16 Offline Aanchir

Aanchir
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Another Chir Brother

• 3,763 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 22 2011 - 11:53 AM

Overall, I really like Furno's color scheme and think it's fairly well-organized. Really the white doesn't create any real imbalance as I see it, and I think it creates an interesting color-layering effect, with Furno having red boots and white leggings and sleeves. A very classic "superhero" look, IMO. The transparent fluorescent reddish orange doesn't make much sense, though, I'll agree to that. Bright red would have made more sense.The color balance would have been better if his arms matched, but personally I like the asymmetry. His shield-arm isn't nearly as cool as Evo's tank-arm, but it's still pretty nicely designed and ends up looking cohesive, especially since it shares that mechanical detailing that the other parts of the model keep to a minimum.The longer legs for the medium-sized sets in the next wave kind of bother me, just because the torso doesn't get larger to match. Thus, we start to see a Toa Inika effect come into play. He still looks rather decent, but I hope this doesn't become a trend. I was very happy with the size of the heroes for the previous two waves. As with the Toa Metru and Toa Inika the larger size could lead to more versatility for the Hero build, but I don't think we're really seeing that with any sets other than Splitface, and I think the design of Furno, Breez, and Rocka could have just as easily been pulled off with shorter legs, at most a single module taller than Stormer 2.0's.Furno's not the hero I'm most excited for-- Breez and Evo so far are my favorites from the upcoming wave. But I still feel he's fairly well-designed.

hs01_sig.png recommends the following sites:
bs01_banner.png hs01_banner.pngtnw_banner.pngtcw-banner.png

#17 Offline Toa Smoke Monster

Toa Smoke Monster
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Lehvak-Kal Launched

• 4,841 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Dec 22 2011 - 12:16 PM

Good review.The set doesn't look that good to me. The white pieces on its legs stands out too much. It would've looked better if they were red or black, IMO.

Everyone is one choice away from being a bad guy in someone else's story.

#18 Offline Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout
  • Members
  • Bionicle Writer of the Month

• 3,211 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 22 2011 - 12:25 PM

Ugh. White. Silver. Transparent Orange. And Red. Too many colors...The build itself is pretty bad too. Not buying this... The 2.0 Was the only furno I liked. Goggles for the win.

#19 Offline Studs Not On Top

Studs Not On Top
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,170 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 22 2011 - 01:43 PM

I like this set. The colors don't bother me at all, and I think he looks fine with an open fist. Thanks for the review.
Formerly "Zedra 2.0".

Posted Image

Credit to Fantasia for the cool banner!

#20 Offline Furno

Furno
  • Members
  • Toa

• 140 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 22 2011 - 02:06 PM

The colors don't bug me as much as the fact that he is kinda uninteresting compared to the other heroes of this wave. he is my favorite hero though, so I probably will buy him eventually.

#21 Offline Akuna Toa of Sonics

Akuna Toa of Sonics
  • Members
  • Ice Warrior Defeated

• 2,937 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 22 2011 - 02:44 PM

I like everything about Sea Bill except for that random orange armor piece, and the white and silver mix-ins.

webmaster.png

#22 Online dotcom

dotcom
  • Members
  • Kohrak-Kal Shattered

• 4,795 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 22 2011 - 03:32 PM

I'm still probably going to get him, though. I want to have all nine "1.0" helmets, and I missed Furno and Breez the first time around. And even then, thi set doesn't look all that bad and has some really useful parts, so it's all good with me.

Wait, nine? *Counts Furno, Surge, Stringer, Bulk, Breez, Stormer, and drop ship pilot*I counted seven. Who have the other two?

I meant the helmets they would have had if they had been 1.0, like Rocka and Evo's this wave, and potentially Nex if he's released later. They aren't really the original helmets, thus the "1.0"

storengusu_-_copy.jpg

#23 Offline Based Goomy

Based Goomy
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,228 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 22 2011 - 09:07 PM

I think he looks hideous. The fans look awful.

POKEMON Y FRIEND CODE: 2208-6468-7046

#24 Offline GeluNumber1

GeluNumber1
  • Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 914 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 22 2011 - 10:05 PM

I personally liked this version of Furno, with the few problems being colour scheme and the lack of a melee weapon. Hopefully I'll get some cash on Christmas so I can get him.
Posted Image
Why are orange and black such a good color Combination ? Purple is pretty, and so is blue. Pink hurts your eyes, green is quite mellowing, black is very threatning, red is cool, orange is SO awesome, yellow's hard to read... But you can't see white at all! Oh, wait. I forgot brown.

Here's my thoughts: If a person tells the truth and says, " I always lie," Is he lying? Or is he telling the truth? And what has a mouth, but no head, and a body, but no torso? Do caterpillars like to tend to supporting colum of stone's every need? Or is that name misleading by nature? Speaking of nature, why are the children of animals called offspring? don't many young beasts come alive in spring, and thus, should be called onspring? Heeeeeeyy..... I got the first post on a page for the first time. Who knows; it may happen again. What the... It did happen again... and again...

YEAH! I'M ENCOUNTERING PROTODERMIS!

#25 Offline xccj

xccj
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Reporters
  • Senior Staff Mask Maker

• 6,425 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Dec 22 2011 - 10:50 PM

Eh, not that bad of a set, not that great. Review was nice, thanks Ben!I still think those water fans could double as jetpacks, but whatev. :P:music:

b-bolin-03.jpg

#26 Offline Smitty

Smitty
  • Members

• 1,411 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 23 2011 - 12:10 AM

Why did they put a claw piece on his lower left arm? It doesn't fit in at all!

It's his shark proof armor.

"NINJA GO!"

"Yeah Ninja go clean your room..."

#27 Offline Takanuva The 7th Toa

Takanuva The 7th Toa
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 58 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 23 2011 - 01:44 AM

How does his red colored plastic compare/match to the red colored plastic parts from all of his previous sets? Can we get comparison pics? Only going to buy him if the colors match so I can mix parts from all of his sets and make MOCs of him. Thanks.

#28 Offline Mr. Fluffy

Mr. Fluffy
  • Members
  • Exo-Armored Toa

• 754 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 23 2011 - 01:20 PM

The white isn't doing it for me. The handcuffs jut out. The armament on the launcher juts out as well. Overall the set seems cluttered to me. Though that launcher's pretty BA.

Posted Image

"By me... Count Bleck! The chosen executor of the Dark Prognosticus... is Count Bleck! The fine fellow prophesied to come to this dimension... is also Count Bleck!"

#29 Online Element Lord of Milk

Element Lord of Milk
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

• 1,846 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 24 2011 - 11:22 AM

I think Furno is going to probably be the last Breakout set i get. He just looks so. . . . . . . . . . . .Plain, even Surge looks like a better set, and his colors are about as jumbled.~ELM~
titanfall.jpg

#30 Offline Flux: The Explorer

Flux: The Explorer
  • Members

• 1,286 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 25 2011 - 09:16 PM

Too bad I can't call him "Birdo" anymore. He got that upgrade.

Edited by FrozenFlash, Dec 25 2011 - 09:16 PM.

pWPTu7m.jpg

Credits go to Strack for the awesome sprite.

I'm an Emerging Fluidic Master (again). Time to start working on my Waterbending.
I'm still a ninja although I think I'm losing my skills as one.
"You're saying this kingdom will vanish? NOT TODAY! THIS KINGDOM IS ALL MINE! SO YOU VANISH!"

~ Bowser, in Bowser's Inside story

#31 Offline ignika527

ignika527
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 34 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 26 2011 - 09:25 PM

Wait, nine? *Counts Furno, Surge, Stringer, Bulk, Breez, Stormer, and drop ship pilot*I counted seven. Who have the other two?

I meant the helmets they would have had if they had been 1.0, like Rocka and Evo's this wave, and potentially Nex if he's released later. They aren't really the original helmets, thus the "1.0"

They may release Nex later, it also seems that stormer may as well if you have seen the video on the website

#32 Offline Restarting...

Restarting...
  • Members
  • Makuta Conquered!

• 561 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 06 2012 - 09:35 AM

The Red and White doesn't fit each other.Wouldn't it gave been best if the white pieces was orange instead :???: and the Trans Orange maybe Trans Yellow? :???:In every Furno Review Why do you keep calling him Bill? :???: I thought he was William Furno. :huh:

#33 Offline Black Six

Black Six
  • BioniLUG Member
  • BZPower Administrators
  • Lego Ambassador

• 12,046 posts
  •   BZP Staff

Posted Feb 06 2012 - 12:23 PM

Revival.Thread closed.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users