Show Us Your Ax; the Instrumental Topic

ToaGhost

^possibly but i never actually see anyone post or talk about gear in there outside of like maybe 2 posts

op thats a pretty sick layout you got nice picks on the hotrails and gibson knobs

whats that neat little guy in the neck slot tho

man i miss the days when the guitar thread was boomin'

almost everybody i knew is gone now

'member hazmat

'member shard

'member xinlo

i dont have any gear pics atm but if this thread can stay alive over the weekend i definitely will

only in dreams.

^possibly but i never actually see anyone post or talk about gear in there outside of like maybe 2 posts

I mean, that's probably because nobody's really talked about gear in general on BZP in recent times. plus, yknow, the topic's dead.

I'm like 99%  sure this type of discussion was intended for that topic when it was originally approved.

sidenote I miss Shard, I feel like he and I would get along really great nowadays

sidenote sidenote I can get Xin's butt in here

Edited by Astaroth

hey thats pretty good

i wish i was into that style of music more so i could really appreciate it but heck my band isnt even off the ground yet so mad respect xin

i really dig that booklet too

edit: and i have to say these peeps play tight

Edited by Johnny Truant

only in dreams.

Wow I got summoned to BZP... neat that you actually remembered me haha! I'll get some pics up of my new gear and things soon, I've upgraded quite a bit since my last post I think...

also thanks scythey for plugging my album and thanks truant for giving it a listen... it's not anything super spectacular, there's a lot we weren't able to do because we recorded it in about 7 hours, but I'm still pretty proud of it. Didn't spend a penny on it, either :P

Edited by The Xinlo Of This Story

E8c8QpP.jpg

The Toa's Hideout is once again open for business! We've been gone for a few years, but now BIONICLE's back and so are we. Click the banner to check out our friendly and laid back site where you can discuss all manners of things and chill with awesome people.

Alright I found photos of all my basses, so I'll start with them and do guitars later (they aren't as cool anyway):

Conklin GT5, "Cassandra" - My main instrument that I use 90% of the time, my dad found this on consignment in our local music store after a mere two hours of it being for sale. After doing some research on it (having never heard of the brand before) I discovered Conklin specialize in super weird 12+ string basses and equally strange guitars, and that this was the most normal model they manufacture. :P I also looked up some reviews, and there wasn't a single negative thing said about the brand or the model. I saw these going on ebay and in music shops for up to $1500 (generally $1200) and this was available for $800... so I snapped it up and have never regretted it. This thing sounds exactly how I always wanted my bass to sound, is perfectly balanced and feels like a dream to play... not sure I'll ever need anything better than this. Its only downside is it weighs two tons lol

Schecter *forgot the model*, "Ash" - The bass I play the other 10% of the time, mostly when I do easy pop cover band gigs and don't ever need a 5th string. This was a completely unnecessary purchase, but I loved how it looked and sounded, plus it's light as a feather. cost me about $850 in overpriced canadian hippietown dollars, but I also do not regret it and would recommend it for sure.

Samick Custom Pro 4, "Bobbi" - Went bass shopping in a town about 5 hours away to find a more practical instrument in my first year of college (to replace the one below) and while browsing some random pawn shop, a sketchy looking dude walks in with this - filthy and in bad need of some TLC. He tried to pawn it off to the store but they said they had enough basses, so I asked him how much he wanted and he practically begged me to take it for $40 because he needed the money (suspicious but hey), so I did. Brought it home, gave it a bath, ordered new pickups and new strings and had it set up properly by a friend and it plays good as new! I don't use it much these days now that I have those other two, but it's a solid bass and I lend it out to people often.

BC Rich Widow 5, "Charlotte" - My dream instrument. I saw this when I was in high school and wanted one ever since... I just find the proportions and style incredibly aesthetically pleasing. Two weeks before my college guitar audition I decided I wanted to go in for bass instead (having never played one ever) and ordered this online for $950. I learned on it and loved it, but discovered that it was ridiculously neck-heavy and playing it while standing is nearly impossible except for the simplest of parts. I somehow made it through most of my first year of college, and all my bass player friends who've tried it have no idea how I managed that. But it still sounds as menacing as it looks and works great for recording purposes and shock value, so I keep it around despite its impracticality. :P

so yeah there's my four basses and some info about them for anyone who cares to read it, and I'll probably makea much smaller post with my guitars later because they're mostly pretty lame. My amp is also an Ampeg BA-112 150 watt, if I'm not mistaken, and it's nothing spectacular but it's reliable and gets the job done. So yeah long post done haha, I leave you with this really cool picture of my band at our last show because I love them and also you can see me playing my bass on stage. :P

Edited by Xinlo

E8c8QpP.jpg

The Toa's Hideout is once again open for business! We've been gone for a few years, but now BIONICLE's back and so are we. Click the banner to check out our friendly and laid back site where you can discuss all manners of things and chill with awesome people.