Expanded Multiverse Discussion Topic

That post only elaborated on the basic definition already mentioned earlier:

intangible or semi-tangible energy structures

So, the walls would not literally block you entirely; if you pushed hard enough you could get through (I can see how my wording could be confused since the Angry Birds one totally blocks). I always saw it more as for example creating stairsteps up to a high-up doorway in a wall where a treasure is hidden, and enemies couldn't climb the stairs.

And the opportunities for killing may actually be less than most elements (Plasma anyone? :P). Main example would be if someone was standing at the edge of a cliff and you hit them hard enough with semi-tangible ghost energy. It would pass through them but it would be like someone tapped or maybe punched them and that might tip them over.

Basic uses as I imagined would include a partial self-shield, hampering an enemy's vision with (energy-efficient :P) 'holograms' that stay in place indefinitely, exclusive-use climbing or bridges, sifting certain materials out of a mixture, etc. To get more effective you would have to start using your brain a lot, using those same basic abilities but with more strategy.

Yes, we could clarify the visual rules too, so that they're always somewhat translucent, never totally opaque. They could still make it impossible to see past a certain depth of it (or number of walls of it etc.), though, as with any translucent material.

Re: mutation, yes, for the element-related list. What I meant to ask was what element is it related to? Maybe I'm just being dense, or tired, though. :P

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

I like the idea of having Anti-Elements be a four ingredient recipe. The way I imagined them, they are something too dangerous and volatile for a Toa or any being to direct control or have easy access to, so making the recipe Element +Light + Shadow + Blue Energy = Anti-Element would accomplish this nicely. And since there is no huge plot demand or public demand to feature all possible Anti-Elements any time soon, a description of what they are and their properties in general with specifics on two or three should suffice.

Perhaps the following description will work for the reference topic, just let me know if it needs tweaking and where:

Anti-Elements are elemental substances that exhibit bizarre properties that oppose those of their positive counterparts. When an Anti-Element comes in contact with its positive counterpart, an explosive reaction takes place that results in the annihilation of both. Anti-Elements cannot be directly controlled by beings with normal elemental powers. They must be synthesized using the recipe Element +Light + Shadow + Blue Energy = Anti-Element and thus cannot be placed in an Element Key or swapped with a natural positive Element.

Anti-Fire: Fire + Light + Shadow + Blue Energy

Anti-Fire manifests as a black flame that emits zero light and burns cold (near absolute zero). When “burned” by Anti-Fire, a substance freezes and disintegrates.

Anti-Air: Air + Light + Shadow + Blue Energy

Anti-Air is pink (in RGB color values, pink is the inverse of green) gaseous substance that is highly cohesive. It cannot be breathed by normal beings and must be contained within an airtight container or force-field as to prevent it from reacting with atmospheric Air.

Feedback?

Also, I propose this design for the Mask of Learning:

unnamedmask2.png

Thoughts? Feedback? (Also, we use 100x100 images for the reference topic, correct?)

Adieu,

~ MechaFizz

Edited by MechaFizz

Uh, hello. So this expanded multiverse thing...

We just post a story about it and link it here?

If you want to go that route, yes, except that the place to link it is the Story Submission Topic, not here (not a big deal though).

Mecha, yeah, I really like that definition. I'm all for it.

Nice mask pic. I see Click was the one who invented that -- any thoughts, Click? Or others? I'm for it.

And yes, 100x100.

Mask list updated with everything up to the end of page 7 here. One mask that was suggested needed work if it was going to be accepted, so I didn't add it:

Mask of PotentialAllows user to maximise the potential of others. (Need help expanding its ablility.)

(tomdroidser)

bones comment: Unsure what you mean by it, but sounds similar to the Calix as well as the Mask of Possibilities.

All three masks that were added needed some adjusting; here's the new wordings:

Mask of VoidheartCreates a small aura around the user that saps environmental energy, usually in the form of heat, static electricity, and light. The user will regenerate Elemental Energy and stamina at a slightly faster rate than their usual whenever the mask is active. Skilled users of this mask can intensify the aura to physically harmful levels, freezing opponents solid and deactivating most electronics with a touch. More talented users can also drain a type of energy through any substance capable of channeling it. (In the rare case that there is a Matoran or Toa with this power, they are referred to as "Toa/Matoran of the Void".) Suggested by Meta-Mind.Note: It does not sap much energy from plants, as that is unique to the Mask of Environmental Absorption.

Mask of SealingAllows user to create encasing stone to seal doors and trap objects/beings inside an object, usually a stone tablet/figurine. Only a Mask of Sealing can undo the effects caused by a Mask of Sealing. Considered immoral. Suggested by Tomdroidser.

Mask of ConstructsAllows user to create any object they understand the workings of out of solid energy. The simpler the object and the smaller the mass, the easier it is to create and maintain. It is possible to create more than one object, but requires more concentration. Only limits are the wearer's knowledge, willpower and, in some cases, physical endurance from energy exertion. Suggested by Astris Janus.

Changes were the note after Voidheart, "encasing stone" for Sealing (as my question was what material was used to seal, but now I see the second clause must mean stone is used), and "solid energy" (versus the original "pure energy").

I'm out of time for page 8 and beyond for now. Also, looking like I should rearrange the reference topic to devote several posts to the fan-suggested masks section; I'm worried it's getting long enough to cut off, and if we add too many pics it'll mess up the way the Paracosmos masks post did (but we -want- pics, so yeah). It fit this time, so that'll do for now...

Edit: Well, I've got quotes for all the masks so far down in a notepad file, so there's some progress at least on page 8+. :P Some of these will need some major edits to work though, and I'm too tired right now.

Edited by bonesiii

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

• 2 months later...

Here's a thought. Has there been any consideration given to assigning physical traits for the additional element?

I have a couple of suggestions, just to start you off

Crystal: sharper eyesight

Acid: Slower buildup of fatigue toxins and/or stronger digestive system

Lava: Body temperature changes depending on mood

Kinetics: Slight resistance to kinetic force

Virus: Disease resistance

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Yes, it's been brought up before but people were actively focused on masks and elements more back then, so we never really stayed focused on it. I'd love to hear suggestions for them.

Some might be in the Shards entries, though. But that's fine. I just wouldn't finalize anything now anyways, and would run these by Swert.

Those are good startoff suggestions. Any others? Comments to those ones?

Crystal: Sharper Eyesight

I thought of this back when I was wondering what Lesterin of Crystal might have as their traits. Imagine my surprise when Ghosthands chose this precise trait for them, after that, I decided it was a done deal. I derived it from crystals often being used in lenses and such.

Sort of just going with a "stomach acids" and general chemical reactions thing here

Sort of to reflect a volcano. Calm=equals sleeping volcano, anger=eruption

When I couldn't think of anything else, I just went for the proven winner of elemental traits, resistance to one's own element.

This one ought to be pretty obvious.

Sand: Either resistance to direct sunlight, ability to go longer without water before dehydrating, or just a generic heat resistance. Probably the water thing.

Derived from equating sand with desert

Ghost: Can instill a sense of dread in someone by looking directly and very intensely at them

Sort of just a "scare tactic"

Blue Energy: Appear to fluctuate slightly when looked directly at

To reflect the erratic and enigmatic nature of bluespace, I decided to make a trait that would make anyone who catches a Blue Energy individual in their sight will percieve them as slightly "off"

And that's about all I got.

Edited by Dr. O

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Well, here's some of my ideas. Keep in mind most of these were decided late at night and just so I had one for pretty much every element covered. :D

Acid: A weak irritant covering their skin that can cause burns with long exposure.

Kinetics: Perhaps just more agile/faster. They could also be harder to stop, like they build up momentum faster.

Sulfur: Breathe easier in dusty/sulfurous environments?

Gold: Good with money :D They can quickly calculate value of objects perhaps, usually businessmen

Silver: Can amplify elemental beings they retain physical contact with

Mercury: Faster than other Matoran

Tar: Move easier in tar, quicksand, etc.

Ghost: Can create small, shortlived holograms, though Dr. O's idea sounds good too, maybe even better.

Fungi: Could help natural fungi grow

Blue Energy: Passive energy charge

Glass: Better eyesight if crystal doesn't get that, or possibly a slight weakening effect to solid substances?

Storm: Can sense weather changes, or weak electric charge

Twilight: Can see better in strong light and in the dark

Obsidian: No ideas

Cloud: can generate a weak fog

Swamp: Can possibly turn dirt to mud with long physical contact

Vacuum: Breathe easier in low-air environments

Steel: Sorry, nothing that isn't covered by any of the metal elements

Wood: "Green Thumb"

Quicksand: Can walk easier in quicksand or possibly create small amounts

Dry Quicksand: Same, I suppose

Poison: Resistance to poisons

Magnets: Weak magnetic field that can be slightly strengthened or weakened at will

Anti-Gravity: Not affected as much by heavy objects or strong gravity

Salt: Always covered in thin film of salt. :D

Copper: Can channel electricity, sense charged wiring,

Electromagnetism: It's hard to come up with something not already covered by Magnetism, Electricity, Magnets, or any of the Metals

Electromagnets: Really. Ditto ^

Rubber: Can't channel electricity, flexible,

Plastic: Sorry, no ideas...

Blue Fire: Resistance to superheat/burning

Frost: Resistance to supercold/frostbite (if it occurs)

Radiation: Passive radiation sense

Oil: I'm at a loss

Natural Gas: Can sense dangerous gases

So, how's that? :)

Why exactly throw in phsycial traits for the element fusions. There wouldn't be any beings to have them

EDIT: Nevermind, I checked

Well, here's some of my ideas. Keep in mind most of these were decided late at night and just so I had one for pretty much every element covered. :D

Acid: A weak irritant covering their skin that can cause burns with long exposure.

A bit too specific, if you ask me.

Kinetics: Perhaps just more agile/faster. They could also be harder to stop, like they build up momentum faster.

That could work too, I really didn't have any ideas set in stone when it came to Kinetics

Looks good

Gold: Good with money :D They can quickly calculate value of objects perhaps, usually businessmen

The "calculate value" thing sounds good, maybe Matoran of Gold could be Pawnbrokers

In the sense that Silver is highly conductive? A bit too farfetched

What exactly is the reasoning behind this? Forgive me, I'm not very familiar with mercury

That sounds reasonable

Ghost: Can create small, shortlived holograms, though Dr. O's idea sounds good too, maybe even better.

Keep in mind these are supposed to be minor physical traits, not extra powers

Maybe

Could you elaborate?

Glass: Better eyesight if crystal doesn't get that, or possibly a slight weakening effect to solid substances?

Why not take a page from canon, if both Earth and Stone have enhanced strength, then why couldn't glass and crystal both have sharper eyesight.

Sound good

Also good

I refer you to my comment about the Ghost ability

I'm not sure, actually

Looks good

How about it takes longer for their armor to get dirty, stainless steel of sorts

Already covered by Plantlife. Although, I haven't seen climbing ability in any Matoran so far, how about that?

Again, the quicksand creation thing is more of a minor power than a mere physical trait

Makes sense

Magnets: Weak magnetic field that can be slightly strengthened or weakened at will

How is this even an additional element? Isn't Magnetism and several metals already elements?

Same as above, how?

Or they could eat more salt without growing thirsty or sick

At risk of own health, perhaps?

Electromagnetism: It's hard to come up with something not already covered by Magnetism, Electricity, Magnets, or any of the Metals

I refer you to my comment regarding magnets

Probably more like resistance to electricity, they aren't made of rubber after all. Flexiblity sounds plausible

Like an extreme version of regular fire, right? I'm down with that

That sounds good

Sounds good

I can't think of anything better myself, really

So, how's that? :)

Avaliant effort, I apologize in advance if I come off as snarky, it is not intended as such.

Edited by Dr. O

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Well, as I said most of these were decided late at night and just so I had some ideas for almost every one. To be honest, I really don't like a lot of them. So, that pretty much explains most of them, but there are a few I want to respond to specifically:

Really? I guess it could just be the irritant if you think so, but I like it.

Pretty much. In the element guide in the reference topic it says that protosilver can amplify elemental energies.

What exactly is the reasoning behind this? Forgive me, I'm not very familiar with mercury

Well, I was thinking of the other name for Mercury, "Quicksilver." :D

Yeah, I was unsure of this one too. Your idea would work just fine, although I'm a bit concerned about the fact that "Ghost" is referring more to energy structures than to ectoplasm.

Could you elaborate

I meant that they can recharge their stamina over time, especially near Bluespace and Olmak Anomalies. Sorry, this one really wasn't clear.

Why not take a page from canon, if both Earth and Stone have enhanced strength, then why couldn't glass and crystal both have sharper eyesight.

Earth's ability is night vision. Po-Matoran are actually stronger. It just seems like Onu-Matoran are stronger because of all the feats they do. But if Onua was stronger than Pohatu, what would he need the Mask of Strength for?

I'm a bit hesitant to duplicate powers, as it makes the element seem less unique. Glass and Crystal are some fairly popular elements, and I don't want to generalize them both too much.

How about it takes longer for their armor to get dirty, stainless steel of sorts

Already covered by Plantlife. Although, I haven't seen climbing ability in any Matoran so far, how about that?

Both of these are rather interesting. The steel one is a bit of a stretch, but I like the Wood Matoran's ability to maybe just have an instinctive sense of how to climb something in the quickest way possible and avoid hazardous areas.

Sounds pretty good, except how often would they need this? It doesn't have many possibilities for fanon. Then again, my idea isn't much better.

At risk of own health, perhaps?

If they were hurt just as much by electricity as anyone else, why bother having the power in the first place? Anyways, the second one sounds better.

Probably more like resistance to electricity, they aren't made of rubber after all. Flexiblity sounds plausible

Well, Vo-Matoran are already electricity resistant, so that would be redundant. Invincibility to electricity sounds a bit over powered though now that I think about it.

And don't worry, you don't sound snarky at all. A lot of your criticisms make perfect sense. I just hope someone else will have some better ideas.

Now that I look over the list in detail though, I'm really surprised Tar and Ghost got questioned so much while we have three new elements for magnetism. I can understand electromagnetism, but just merge that with electromagnets and get rid of magnets. They are all way too redundant. Why bother having to combine with a Fe-Toa when a Toa of Magnetism could probably do all those things on his own? Dry quicksand also seems a bit ridiculous, though now that I think back on it, it makes sense if you don't have a Toa of Water handy. Anti-gravity is another one. Maybe it can just be counted as one of those anti-elements we talked about a little while back. Most of it's abilities are already covered by gravity, so why bother combining, especially when shadow beings that will join with a Ba-Toa are probably in short supply?

Well, as I said most of these were decided late at night and just so I had some ideas for almost every one. To be honest, I really don't like a lot of them. So, that pretty much explains most of them, but there are a few I want to respond to specifically:

Really? I guess it could just be the irritant if you think so, but I like it.

I'm going to admit to an amount of personal bias here, I like my idea better.

Pretty much. In the element guide in the reference topic it says that protosilver can amplify elemental energies.

Ah, I failed to notice that. In that case it makes sense

Well, I was thinking of the other name for Mercury, "Quicksilver." :D

The Element Mercury in the EM is a catch-all term for liquid metal if I'm not mistaken. I suppose on some level this suggestion could work, if only for the fact that no other element has it.

Yeah, I was unsure of this one too. Your idea would work just fine, although I'm a bit concerned about the fact that "Ghost" is referring more to energy structures than to ectoplasm.

Very true. But the point still stands. Fire is also a form of energy, but Ta-Matoran don't have energy-related skills.

Earth's ability is night vision. Po-Matoran are actually stronger. It just seems like Onu-Matoran are stronger because of all the feats they do. But if Onua was stronger than Pohatu, what would he need the Mask of Strength for?

I'm a bit hesitant to duplicate powers, as it makes the element seem less unique. Glass and Crystal are some fairly popular elements, and I don't want to generalize them both too much.

BS01 says differently. Onu-Matoran do get a degree of enhanced strength, though not quite as much as Po-Matoran do. This is the point I was trying to make. The relatioship between Glass/Crystal would be similar, with one of the two having a higher degree of enhanced vision than the other, while the weaker of the two would have an additional trait to compensate, much like how Onu-Matoran have Night Vision. As for what that trait might be: I suggest a resistance against being blinded by bright flashes of light.

Sounds pretty good, except how often would they need this? It doesn't have many possibilities for fanon. Then again, my idea isn't much better.

I was having just as much trouble as you with coming up with something plausible

Well, Vo-Matoran are already electricity resistant, so that would be redundant. Invincibility to electricity sounds a bit over powered though now that I think about it.

So, flexibility then?

And don't worry, you don't sound snarky at all. A lot of your criticisms make perfect sense. I just hope someone else will have some better ideas.

Now that I look over the list in detail though, I'm really surprised Tar and Ghost got questioned so much while we have three new elements for magnetism. I can understand electromagnetism, but just merge that with electromagnets and get rid of magnets. They are all way too redundant. Why bother having to combine with a Fe-Toa when a Toa of Magnetism could probably do all those things on his own? Dry quicksand also seems a bit ridiculous, though now that I think back on it, it makes sense if you don't have a Toa of Water handy. Anti-gravity is another one. Maybe it can just be counted as one of those anti-elements we talked about a little while back. Most of it's abilities are already covered by gravity, so why bother combining, especially when shadow beings that will join with a Ba-Toa are probably in short supply?

I was wondering the same thing.

Edited by Dr. O

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not bones, but I think I'll pitch in here :P (just group quoting most of these for simplicity sake. Putting Dr. O in red)

Crystal: Sharper Eyesight

Sand: Either resistance to direct sunlight, ability to go longer without water before dehydrating, or just a generic heat resistance. Probably the water thing.

Ghost: Can instil a sense of dread in someone by looking directly and very intensely at them

Ghost: Can create small, short-lived holograms, though Dr. O's idea sounds good too, maybe even better.

Crystal; This works well. Nice and simple

Acid; Both of these could work. Not sure which I like better though. I can see why Dr. O's makes sense and it's an interesting way to go about it. I'm assuming that these would be in addition to a resistance to acids/corrosion?

Lava; I like this actually. Could be fun for writing :P How high were you thinking the temperatures would go btw?

Kinetics;I prefer Click's one. Kind of like having enhanced inertia (harder to stop once started, hard to move from a single spot)

Virus; Perfect

Sand; Going longer without water feels better, and is suited for the kinds of environments you might find sand matoran in.

Ghost: Going with Dr. O on this one, however my opinion is that it be an aura of fear that affects all around them. Can be controlled but also fluctuates with emotion, going from being slightly unsettling to short bursts of terror.

(A side note from reading some of the other posts; while most matoran only have minor traits, Av-Matoran actually have the ability to channel light. It's not too far-fetched that other matoran could have minor powers related to their element too, depending on whether it's considered to be a "special" element or not. I'd leave it to bones to decide on that one, however the next element is one I'd classify as "special"...)

Blue Energy: Appear to fluctuate slightly when looked directly at

Blue Energy; I'd say do both. The fluctuation is more of an aesthetic thing whereas the passive charge works well as a trait for that element.

Sulphur; Yeah, that works

Gold; I love this one :D Au-Matoran are the dwarves of the Atherion! XD

Silver; Perfect

Mercury; Umm, not quite fitting. I get the whole "quicksilver" idea, but it doesn't actually fit with the element.

Personal recommendation would be fluidity; having smoother motions and being able to slip through gaps and out of bindings with greater ease.

Tar; Yeah, this seems fine.

Fungi; In what way, exactly?

Glass; I agree with the idea of giving glass the enhanced eyesight along with crystal. As for a secondary trait, I'm not sure...

Storm; Sensing weather seems to be the best way to go about this one. Storm sense :P

Twilight; Good, but wouldn't it just make sense to give them the powers of both Av- and Kra-Matoran, just lessened?

Cloud; Might be better to give the ability to see through fog, smoke, ect. Like smog vision :P

Swamp; Maybe, though swamp traversal is another option.

Vacuum; Great, though maybe adding pressure resistance to that

Wood; Maybe, but less than Vi-Matoran. The climbing idea Dr. O suggested might be a good fit too

Quicksands; Walk easier, yes. Create, maybe. Perhaps the ability to identify quicksand? (as it generally looks like normal, solid patches of sand, indistinguishable from normal sand)

Poison; Well clearly :P

My question is do we really need these as elements that can be controlled by Toa? I kinda get electromagnetism, but the magnet abilities should just be a combo only right? Requiring two Toa to make it, like how a protosteel cage requires six Toa to make.
If not, do we need alternate abilities for them? Can't the have slight variations of a Neh-Matoran's trait?

Similar to the above. I mean, there isn't anything that Anti-Gravity can do that Gravity can't already do right?

Copper: Can channel electricity, sense charged wiring

Rubber: Can't channel electricity, flexible

Salt; Yeah, this one is a pain :P Looking through other sources, maybe the ability to dehydrate things (to a VERY limited extent) would be an option.

Copper; Yeah, that works :)

Rubber; A matoran of rubber should be able to resist electricity, just not to the extent that a Vo-Matoran can. I guess flexibility works

Yes, yes, yes and yes :D

Obsidian is a bit of a pain. Volcanic glass, extremely sharp and precise. Could have limited heat resistance, maybe something to do with actually having extreme precision or something, I dunno.

Steel.... I guess Dr. O's suggestion of being harder to get dirty could work

Plastic could have contaminant resistance, slightly enhanced durability (very slightly mind you) :P

Oil could have a light layer of oil over their armour, allowing them to slip out of bindings or slide over some surfaces :P

Well, that's my piece. Hope it helps ^_^

Astris Janus

Edited by Astris Janus

Right, new forum, new signature. Or, at least, a reboot.

20795.jpg

Dual Sides; An Expanded Multiverse Epic

Bionicle Anime: Toa Mata

"If at first you don't succeed, redefine success."
- Anonymous

Not bones, but I think I'll pitch in here :P (just group quoting most of these for simplicity sake. Putting Dr. O in red)

Acid; Both of these could work. Not sure which I like better though. I can see why Dr. O's makes sense and it's an interesting way to go about it. I'm assuming that these would be in addition to a resistance to acids/corrosion?

Probably

Lava; I like this actually. Could be fun for writing :P How high were you thinking the temperatures would go btw?

Just shy of boiling/freezing temperatures :P. No, seriously, though, probably somewhere where it approaches those.

Sand; Going longer without water feels better, and is suited for the kinds of environments you might find sand matoran in.

That's what I was thinking about

Ghost: Going with Dr. O on this one, however my opinion is that it be an aura of fear that affects all around them. Can be controlled but also fluctuates with emotion, going from being slightly unsettling to short bursts of terror.

I actually quite like the idea, it could at least be used to emulate the "evil eye"

(A side note from reading some of the other posts; while most matoran only have minor traits, Av-Matoran actually have the ability to channel light. It's not too far-fetched that other matoran could have minor powers related to their element too, depending on whether it's considered to be a "special" element or not. I'd leave it to bones to decide on that one, however the next element is one I'd classify as "special"...)

I can pretty feasibly see how you'd reach that conclusion

Blue Energy; I'd say do both. The fluctuation is more of an aesthetic thing whereas the passive charge works well as a trait for that element.

I like it

Mercury; Umm, not quite fitting. I get the whole "quicksilver" idea, but it doesn't actually fit with the element.

Personal recommendation would be fluidity; having smoother motions and being able to slip through gaps and out of bindings with greater ease.

That sounds plausible

Twilight; Good, but wouldn't it just make sense to give them the powers of both Av- and Kra-Matoran, just lessened?

I'm beating myself up for not considering this

Cloud; Might be better to give the ability to see through fog, smoke, ect. Like smog vision :P

I approve

Wood; Maybe, but less than Vi-Matoran. The climbing idea Dr. O suggested might be a good fit too

Much like with the Glass/Crystal thing, since Matoran of Wood will have less gardening skills, might as well give them the climbing skills, too

Quicksands; Walk easier, yes. Create, maybe. Perhaps the ability to identify quicksand? (as it generally looks like normal, solid patches of sand, indistinguishable from normal sand)

Ah,of course. I find that very plausible

It certainly does

Astris Janus

BZPRPG Profiles

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Just shy of boiling/freezing temperatures :P. No, seriously, though, probably somewhere where it approaches those.

Much like with the Glass/Crystal thing, since Matoran of Wood will have less gardening skills, might as well give them the climbing skills, too

It certainly does

Astris Janus

Exactly what I was going for with the wood ^_^

With the lava, would you want it to go to freezing? I mean, wouldn't it make more sense for their lowest temp to be normal Matoran body temperature and only rise from there, being Matoran of lava? Boiling temps could be fun actually. Make them angry, use it against opponents XP

And glad I could help ^_^

Astris Janus

Edited by Astris Janus

20795.jpg

- Anonymous

• 3 weeks later...

Obsidian is a bit of a pain. Volcanic glass, extremely sharp and precise. Could have limited heat resistance, maybe something to do with actually having extreme precision or something, I dunno.

Plastic could have contaminant resistance, slightly enhanced durability (very slightly mind you) :P

Oil could have a light layer of oil over their armour, allowing them to slip out of bindings or slide over some surfaces :P

Well, a few ideas:

Obsidian: Resistance to bright light (darker eye lenses) is the first thing I thought of, but I like your idea of them having greater physical finesses with their hands/eyes more.

Steel: Outer armour is tougher than any other type of Matoran, but they lack the overall enhanced strength/durability of Po/Fe-Matoran.

Plastics: Have some mechanical components made of plastic, making them physically lighter while being just as durable as regular Matoran?

Oil: Natural affinity for working with/refining chemicals.

A question: Would it be possible for us to have an official Expanded Multiverse RPG? I know that the Bionicle RPG forum only allows winners and the BZPRPG there, and I don't know a lot about RPGs in general, but I thought it might be an idea to throw out to everyone.

Edited by TLhikan

"So I'm TL now?"

"Yeah, 'cuz if we said it the other way it'd have to be TLhiKHAAN!!"

^I happen to agree there. I'd be a great way to revitalize interest in both the EM and the RPG forum, both of which have seen declined activity.

Maybe bones can work something out with the RPG staff? Something like another BZPRPG set in the EM? (Or at least an alternate timeline to prevent player actions from messing us the main storyline.)

Edited by -Toa Lhikevikk-
bug_animated.gif

If the RPG forum staff are okay with it, it's fine by me. Not sure I would have much time to invest in it myself, given how late I am with other things as is. :P But as a fan-led thing, sure. (Maybe Swert would want to get involved, I have no idea.) I might even follow along just to see how things go, heh.

We've certainly intended this world to be well-established enough yet open enough that fans can have their own adventures take place in it. My guess is a TBRPG would be a great match for that. Unfortunately since I never go to that forum I know almost nothing about the rules there. :shrugs:

Haven't had time, but will reply to them soonishish. :P

Not to randomly throw out a question, but...

Has Mist/Vapor/Cloud-Matter ever been considered for a separate element? Or is it kept under the umbrella of Water?

I was thinking that since ice and liquid water are separate elements, and clouds are a cannon "substance" (likely made of water vapor) then perhaps Vapor or Mist could be considered its own element?

Cloud Matoran could naturally see through thick fog, Toa of Cloud could form burning steam or a foggy smokescreen, Cloud- Koro's could be hidden in misty swamps, or heck, built into clouds cities floating in the air!

...ok, maybe not that last one.

Not actually putting it out for approval or anything, but I am curious about why or why not Mist could be its own element.

Not sure if you were already aware, but FTR, we called vapor/cloud (I forget the exact label we used; it's in the reftopic) a combo element. If you're asking why we didn't call it a main element, I don't recall if we discussed out why in detail but my feeling is having Water and Ice be different elements is probably separating out that one substance enough. :P

As for there being an environment, we did say there were tiny Shard Moons of Clysmax for all the combo elements too, it's just that there would be too many to have in the Shards contest that way so we limited that to "main" elements (which have all the biggest moons).

Not sure if you were already aware, but FTR, we called vapor/cloud (I forget the exact label we used; it's in the reftopic) a combo element. If you're asking why we didn't call it a main element, I don't recall if we discussed out why in detail but my feeling is having Water and Ice be different elements is probably separating out that one substance enough. :P

As for there being an environment, we did say there were tiny Shard Moons of Clysmax for all the combo elements too, it's just that there would be too many to have in the Shards contest that way so we limited that to "main" elements (which have all the biggest moons).

Yeah, I guess splitting water even further into three separate elements for each state of matter would be a bit much.

I still like the idea, but I get your reasoning. Thanks for the explanation.

Cloudy thingies can already be created by Ghost anyway, right?

Well, intangible or semi-tangible energy structures could resemble a cloud in appearance, but it would be very different from actual water vapor. :) Does that answer the question?

Well, a few ideas:

Obsidian: Resistance to bright light (darker eye lenses) is the first thing I thought of, but I like your idea of them having greater physical finesses with their hands/eyes more.

Steel: Outer armour is tougher than any other type of Matoran, but they lack the overall enhanced strength/durability of Po/Fe-Matoran.

Plastics: Have some mechanical components made of plastic, making them physically lighter while being just as durable as regular Matoran?

Oil: Natural affinity for working with/refining chemicals.

A question: Would it be possible for us to have an official Expanded Multiverse RPG? I know that the Bionicle RPG forum only allows winners and the BZPRPG there, and I don't know a lot about RPGs in general, but I thought it might be an idea to throw out to everyone.

Actually, those suggestions for powers seems pretty solid :) Never thought of the oil one, that was good :D

And I thoroughly support this EMRPG idea :D I tried running an EM pen and paper RPG with some of my friends at one point, so I think this is a great idea. I'd love to help in anyway ^_^

Astris Janus

20795.jpg

- Anonymous

If the RPG forum staff are okay with it, it's fine by me. Not sure I would have much time to invest in it myself, given how late I am with other things as is. :P But as a fan-led thing, sure. (Maybe Swert would want to get involved, I have no idea.) I might even follow along just to see how things go, heh.

We've certainly intended this world to be well-established enough yet open enough that fans can have their own adventures take place in it. My guess is a TBRPG would be a great match for that. Unfortunately since I never go to that forum I know almost nothing about the rules there. :shrugs:

I'd never really been over there until I popped in to look at the rules. They only allow the BZPRPG and the winners of the contest; maybe we could get staff approval? I guess we need the input of someone who really knows how that subforum (and TBRPGs in general) works. From what people have said in this thread, there'd be support for it.

-TLhikan

Edited by TLhikan

"So I'm TL now?"

"Yeah, 'cuz if we said it the other way it'd have to be TLhiKHAAN!!"

I recall there was a Warzone RPG a while back, though I don't know the details. The only person I know that was involved in that is Katuko, maybe we should ask him.

Warzone was, (If I am not mistaken) about members fighting in a BZP nation.

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

I've recently started getting a better understanding of why some EM elements have been made elements, sand most specifically, and I'm starting to wonder why some other EM elements were made official elements of the Expanded Multiverse Canon.

Those in question have been Virus, Tar, and Ghost.

I'm curious as to whether Ghost and Virus were inspired by the MU counterparts of Makuta viruses and the ethereal energy projection made by...the mask Matoro wore who's name escapes me...and where you all got tar from in the first place.

I'm curious as to whether Ghost and Virus were inspired by the MU counterparts of Makuta viruses and the ethereal energy projection made by...the mask Matoro wore who's name escapes me...and where you all got tar from in the first place.

I seem to recall I was the one who first suggested the element of Tar, mainly because I was utilizing it in my (terrible) fan fiction at the time. I'm not necessarily sure it's inclusion is justified either, but my understanding is that the EM has long adopted a policy of "pretty much anything that doesn't conflict official canon is also canon." Plus, if you really want crazy (awesome), just take a look at the list of official combo elements. Seriously, you can shoot plants and rock at each other in the EM and instantly create a forest. I don't think anyone is seriously thinking about realism at this point. :P

BTW, Bonesiii, I just wanted to let you know that my current fiction project, which I am attempting to write with the goal of eventual publication, inadvertently has cribbed a few concepts from the Expanded Multiverse. Mainly, parabolic vision, and the idea of a tyrant who lives on a mountain of (space?) obsidian that has secret caves deep beneath its impenetrable exterior. I don't know if I had the EM on my mind at the time, but I can assure you that the inspiration was accidental. Is that okay with you? (I'm sure it probably is, but if not, did I mention I also have a character inspired by your living skeleton alter ego?)

I have slept for so long. My dreams have been dark ones. But now I am awakened. Now the scattered elements of my being are rejoined. Now I am whole. And the Darkness can not stand before me.