• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Expanded Multiverse Discussion Topic

Aethion EM Bionicle

• Please log in to reply
460 replies to this topic

#441 Offline Boidoh

Boidoh
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 01-January 10
  • 1,173 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 19 2014 - 01:36 PM

So what PARTS of this are CANON? As in - did Greg say that anything you decide to do with this is Canon, or rather that the Olmak formed a universe called whatever it's called and thats it?

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"You once told the Toa Mata that you could not be destroyed, because you were nothing. You were wrong — it is because you are nothing that I can destroy you. You have no heart, you have no spirit, you have no reason to exist — even your hate is a pale reflection of what once burned in you. You survive out of habit, monster, and habits ... and minds ... can be broken."

#442 Offline bonesiii

bonesiii
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders
  • Perpetual Master of Reference

• 14-March 03
  • 19,401 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Aug 19 2014 - 02:14 PM

I already answered this earlier. Please just read the answers that were already given.

Edit: So it'll be clearer for future linking sake, I've edited some of the answers in light of Boidoh's apparent misunderstandings to make it clearer. See also the previous answer a few posts up from that about the purpose of it (fanon that anybody can use), which is also stated at the top of the reference topic, albeit squishied for now, and in the 100-page guide. :)

Edited by bonesiii, Aug 19 2014 - 02:24 PM.

#443 Offline Boidoh

Boidoh
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 01-January 10
  • 1,173 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 19 2014 - 02:21 PM

"As for canon, we don't really describe it that way, but technically it's accurate. Greg approved the use of the Olmak that Takanuva left behind for the (non-mysterious part of the otherwise mysterious) origins of the Multiverse, and several of the canon masks like the Mask of Biomechanics were originally defined for the EM and canonized by Greg."

So all that was canonized by Greg are the origins, and some masks. Any thing else?

"You once told the Toa Mata that you could not be destroyed, because you were nothing. You were wrong — it is because you are nothing that I can destroy you. You have no heart, you have no spirit, you have no reason to exist — even your hate is a pale reflection of what once burned in you. You survive out of habit, monster, and habits ... and minds ... can be broken."

#444 Offline bonesiii

bonesiii
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders

• 14-March 03
  • 19,401 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Aug 19 2014 - 02:37 PM

Please see my edits above. Note that that wording was referring back to your "semi-canon" description. It sounds like you missed the point of my saying we don't describe it as canon, and somehow took that to mean that we do. Perhaps the pronoun in the next bit about "it" technically being accurate? (Which was referring to your wording.) And yes, there are also the Xian weapons. And as I said, technically Greg has loosely "canonized" all fanfics, but he gave special permission for the Multiverse. Of course, none of it (well, very little) takes place in the Core Dimension. Really, though, your focus on canon misses the point; the point is to be fanon that anybody can freely use, as explained in the 100 page guide, etc. =) It's like the name says -- it's "expanded" (and multiverse). :)

#445 Offline Boidoh

Boidoh
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 01-January 10
  • 1,173 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 19 2014 - 02:50 PM

Really, though, your focus on canon misses the point; the point is to be fanon that anybody can freely use, as explained in the 100 page guide, etc. =) It's like the name says -- it's "expanded" (and multiverse). :)

Actually though, the only reason I even bothered to bring up the EM is because in the BIONICLE 2015 topic, we were talking about Vezon I think. Then someone brought up that technically another Olmak exists but is semi-canon and from the EM. So the point of it for ME is so that it feeds me with more BIONICLE canon which I enjoy. 

#446 Offline bonesiii

bonesiii
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders

• 14-March 03
  • 19,401 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Aug 19 2014 - 03:08 PM

That Olmak is completely canon, it's just not from the Core Dimension (it's from Tuyetverse). It's not "from" the EM -- other way around... the EM is from the Olmak. :P (And the mysterious other part of the origins that you won't get to discover until the end of the episode series. :ziplip:)

Anyways, thanks for clarifying. :)

#447 Offline Boidoh

Boidoh
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 01-January 10
  • 1,173 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 19 2014 - 03:14 PM

I may be mistaken but I think (not too exactly sure) that on MakutaFest someone said what this mystery was. I remember someone from the BS01 podcast side saying something about it. I'll re-watch it to check.

#448 Offline bonesiii

bonesiii
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders

• 14-March 03
  • 19,401 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Aug 19 2014 - 03:56 PM

Saywuh?

My guess is something that was already public was mentioned and you didn't realize it was (as you are new to the EM?), but I'll look into this... >_>

Edited by bonesiii, Aug 19 2014 - 03:57 PM.

#449 Offline Boidoh

Boidoh
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 01-January 10
  • 1,173 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 19 2014 - 05:33 PM

1:47:00

Is it the thing about some Revolution character and some Turaga looking dude?

#450 Offline bonesiii

bonesiii
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders

• 14-March 03
  • 19,401 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Aug 19 2014 - 05:46 PM

I'm not seeing anything at that time marker, but no. Those would be things that exist within the EM, so not part of its origin. :)

#451 Offline Boidoh

Boidoh
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 01-January 10
  • 1,173 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 19 2014 - 05:51 PM

He describes it as the 'biggest secret of all time' but, eh.

#452 Offline N.S.M.8

N.S.M.8
  • Members
  • Toa

• 06-August 13
  • 136 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 21 2014 - 11:38 AM

Quick question about the canon Olmak.

The Cipher Chronicles say that the Olmak was destroyed by a mysterious force in the void between dimensions after it was used to send Takanuve home.  My question is: Was Greg told what destroyed the Olmak when he canonized it's destruction?  Did he also canonize whatever destroyed it?

If not, will you try to get it canonized when you finish Cipher Chronicles?

#453 Offline Swert

Swert
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • BionicleSector01 Owner

• 26-January 03
  • 5,619 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Aug 21 2014 - 01:27 PM

The biggest thing to consider with the Olmak from Tuyetverse is, when we asked Greg about it we only asked if he had ever planned to use it again. I don't believe we ever explained further what its purpose would be for.

Also I should clarify that "spoiler" was actually HIGHLY exaggerated in that it is certainly one of the biggest mysteries in-universe. Outside of it, there is FAR MORE mysteries that Bones and I came up with that greatly exceeds that particular one.

MinewellSig.jpg

#454 Offline bonesiii

bonesiii
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders

• 14-March 03
  • 19,401 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Aug 21 2014 - 01:59 PM

I see no reason to try to get Greg to canonize the other details. For one thing, even if he would go for that (I don't see why he would), that would probably draw more attention to it out of story which, even once it's revealed, could spoil it for a lot of people, as we can't expect everybody to read the in-story reveal right away before reading other posts. And I'm not aware of a precedent of such a thing. The Olmak itself was already canon, so that isn't one.

There's more to my thinking here but I can't comment further without risking spoiling it even a little. :P

#455 Offline N.S.M.8

N.S.M.8
  • Members
  • Toa

• 06-August 13
  • 136 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 21 2014 - 02:22 PM

The biggest thing to consider with the Olmak from Tuyetverse is, when we asked Greg about it we only asked if he had ever planned to use it again. I don't believe we ever explained further what its purpose would be for.

Also I should clarify that "spoiler" was actually HIGHLY exaggerated in that it is certainly one of the biggest mysteries in-universe. Outside of it, there is FAR MORE mysteries that Bones and I came up with that greatly exceeds that particular one.

I see no reason to try to get Greg to canonize the other details. For one thing, even if he would go for that (I don't see why he would), that would probably draw more attention to it out of story which, even once it's revealed, could spoil it for a lot of people, as we can't expect everybody to read the in-story reveal right away before reading other posts. And I'm not aware of a precedent of such a thing. The Olmak itself was already canon, so that isn't one.

There's more to my thinking here but I can't comment further without risking spoiling it even a little. :P

Thank you

I only asked because I was wondering if the destruction of the Olmak at the hands of "thing" was canon.
This may be revealed to be an unfounded worry, but since I assume that what ever destroyed the Olmak originated from the void in between dimensions, not in the EM (based on what little has been revealed), that you may have accidentally introduce something into the canon universe without getting it approved.

Again, this may be unfounded, but it was why I asked.

Edited by N.S.M.8, Aug 21 2014 - 02:22 PM.

#456 Offline Sil

Sil
  • Members
  • Encountering Protodermis

• 21-June 14
  • 887 posts

Posted Dec 21 2014 - 12:39 PM

Don't know much (interpret that as "nothing" :P) about the Multiverse, but I was inspired to try my hand at creating some masks in PowerPoint, so...

Behold, my mediocre attempt at creating a graphic in PowerPoint:

Here it is with a head and eyes behind it.

And here it is without a head behind it:

What would be a good mask power these could hold in the Multiverse?

Edited by Sil, Dec 21 2014 - 12:42 PM.

PURPLE PURPLE PURPLE

My BZPRPG profiles: Silo Rekhyt Mortem Mura Karaihe Venemi

My Deviantart page

"So who are you, exactly?"

"My name is... ah... Toa Vezon. I'm the Toa of... of... Anarchy." - Vezon

If you are interested in one of your characters holding a high ranking position in a Taajar clan of secretive assassin-ninja-bodyguards, PM me 

#457 Offline Regitnui

Regitnui
  • Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 11-August 06
  • 1,004 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 21 2014 - 12:43 PM

Both of those link to the same picture. The arrow is a little too obvious. The Mask of Spines; upon activation, causes the owner's armour/weapon to gain both sharper edges and needle-thin spines that can break off without causing injury to the user.

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Until proven otherwise, everything referring to Gen1 is a shout-out or a callback, not evidence for some future twist.

Anyone feeling brave enough to turn inanimate set pieces into a drawn biomechanical, let me know.

How do people keep building those Toa-sized hands on their MoCs?

#458 Offline Sil

Sil
  • Members
  • Encountering Protodermis

• 21-June 14
  • 887 posts

Posted Dec 21 2014 - 01:33 PM

Fixed the links, thanks for pointing that out :P Yeah, the arrow's a little too obvious cos it was originally meant to be a Mask of Scavenging, but ended up looking quite different :P

Spines sounds cool, but a little obscure; what about Shattering, like basically the rahkshi power?

PURPLE PURPLE PURPLE

My BZPRPG profiles: Silo Rekhyt Mortem Mura Karaihe Venemi

My Deviantart page

"So who are you, exactly?"

"My name is... ah... Toa Vezon. I'm the Toa of... of... Anarchy." - Vezon

If you are interested in one of your characters holding a high ranking position in a Taajar clan of secretive assassin-ninja-bodyguards, PM me 

#459 Offline Regitnui

Regitnui
  • Members

• 11-August 06
  • 1,004 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 21 2014 - 01:47 PM

Well, consider that being smacked in the face by someone using the Mask of Spikes would end up with splinters in all sorts of vulnerable areas, and be potentially blinded. Shattering is already done, and seems a little immoral for a mask power, as it directly contradicts the Virtue of Unity.

Until proven otherwise, everything referring to Gen1 is a shout-out or a callback, not evidence for some future twist.

Anyone feeling brave enough to turn inanimate set pieces into a drawn biomechanical, let me know.

#460 Offline bonesiii

bonesiii
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders

• 14-March 03
  • 19,401 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Dec 22 2014 - 02:11 AM

I LOLed at the arrow.... but in a good way. :P Sure, we can include this. And it would be best, if you don't mind, to go through the list of already accepted powers and pick one you like for it, rather than suggesting a new power. :)

Regit, we accept masks in the EM that would be seen as immoral in the canon; especially on Warzone, Toa of Aethion don't consider that as big a deal as the canon.

#461 Offline Regitnui

Regitnui
  • Members

• 11-August 06
  • 1,004 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 22 2014 - 02:16 AM

Alright, Bones. Shattering does seem a little against the grain and unoriginal for me, but if Sil prefers it, let it be.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users