Expanded Multiverse Discussion Topic

So what PARTS of this are CANON? As in - did Greg say that anything you decide to do with this is Canon, or rather that the Olmak formed a universe called whatever it's called and thats it?

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

I already answered this earlier. Please just read the answers that were already given.

Edit: So it'll be clearer for future linking sake, I've edited some of the answers in light of Boidoh's apparent misunderstandings to make it clearer. See also the previous answer a few posts up from that about the purpose of it (fanon that anybody can use), which is also stated at the top of the reference topic, albeit squishied for now, and in the 100-page guide. :)

Edited by bonesiii

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

"As for canon, we don't really describe it that way, but technically it's accurate. Greg approved the use of the Olmak that Takanuva left behind for the (non-mysterious part of the otherwise mysterious) origins of the Multiverse, and several of the canon masks like the Mask of Biomechanics were originally defined for the EM and canonized by Greg."

So all that was canonized by Greg are the origins, and some masks. Any thing else?

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Please see my edits above. Note that that wording was referring back to your "semi-canon" description. It sounds like you missed the point of my saying we don't describe it as canon, and somehow took that to mean that we do. Perhaps the pronoun in the next bit about "it" technically being accurate? (Which was referring to your wording.) And yes, there are also the Xian weapons. And as I said, technically Greg has loosely "canonized" all fanfics, but he gave special permission for the Multiverse. Of course, none of it (well, very little) takes place in the Core Dimension. Really, though, your focus on canon misses the point; the point is to be fanon that anybody can freely use, as explained in the 100 page guide, etc. =) It's like the name says -- it's "expanded" (and multiverse). :)

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Really, though, your focus on canon misses the point; the point is to be fanon that anybody can freely use, as explained in the 100 page guide, etc. =) It's like the name says -- it's "expanded" (and multiverse). :)

Actually though, the only reason I even bothered to bring up the EM is because in the BIONICLE 2015 topic, we were talking about Vezon I think. Then someone brought up that technically another Olmak exists but is semi-canon and from the EM. So the point of it for ME is so that it feeds me with more BIONICLE canon which I enjoy. 

That Olmak is completely canon, it's just not from the Core Dimension (it's from Tuyetverse). It's not "from" the EM -- other way around... the EM is from the Olmak. :P (And the mysterious other part of the origins that you won't get to discover until the end of the episode series. :ziplip:)

Anyways, thanks for clarifying. :)

I may be mistaken but I think (not too exactly sure) that on MakutaFest someone said what this mystery was. I remember someone from the BS01 podcast side saying something about it. I'll re-watch it to check.

Saywuh?

My guess is something that was already public was mentioned and you didn't realize it was (as you are new to the EM?), but I'll look into this... >_>

Edited by bonesiii

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzSv_fNgTLs&list=UUHbcwfjBn2P_6GHw5ottF5A

1:47:00

Is it the thing about some Revolution character and some Turaga looking dude?

I'm not seeing anything at that time marker, but no. Those would be things that exist within the EM, so not part of its origin. :)

He describes it as the 'biggest secret of all time' but, eh.

Quick question about the canon Olmak.

The Cipher Chronicles say that the Olmak was destroyed by a mysterious force in the void between dimensions after it was used to send Takanuve home.  My question is: Was Greg told what destroyed the Olmak when he canonized it's destruction?  Did he also canonize whatever destroyed it?

If not, will you try to get it canonized when you finish Cipher Chronicles?

The biggest thing to consider with the Olmak from Tuyetverse is, when we asked Greg about it we only asked if he had ever planned to use it again. I don't believe we ever explained further what its purpose would be for.

Also I should clarify that "spoiler" was actually HIGHLY exaggerated in that it is certainly one of the biggest mysteries in-universe. Outside of it, there is FAR MORE mysteries that Bones and I came up with that greatly exceeds that particular one.

• Upvote 1

bzpsig2015.png

I see no reason to try to get Greg to canonize the other details. For one thing, even if he would go for that (I don't see why he would), that would probably draw more attention to it out of story which, even once it's revealed, could spoil it for a lot of people, as we can't expect everybody to read the in-story reveal right away before reading other posts. And I'm not aware of a precedent of such a thing. The Olmak itself was already canon, so that isn't one.

There's more to my thinking here but I can't comment further without risking spoiling it even a little. :P

The biggest thing to consider with the Olmak from Tuyetverse is, when we asked Greg about it we only asked if he had ever planned to use it again. I don't believe we ever explained further what its purpose would be for.

Also I should clarify that "spoiler" was actually HIGHLY exaggerated in that it is certainly one of the biggest mysteries in-universe. Outside of it, there is FAR MORE mysteries that Bones and I came up with that greatly exceeds that particular one.

I see no reason to try to get Greg to canonize the other details. For one thing, even if he would go for that (I don't see why he would), that would probably draw more attention to it out of story which, even once it's revealed, could spoil it for a lot of people, as we can't expect everybody to read the in-story reveal right away before reading other posts. And I'm not aware of a precedent of such a thing. The Olmak itself was already canon, so that isn't one.

There's more to my thinking here but I can't comment further without risking spoiling it even a little. :P

Thank you

I only asked because I was wondering if the destruction of the Olmak at the hands of "thing" was canon.

This may be revealed to be an unfounded worry, but since I assume that what ever destroyed the Olmak originated from the void in between dimensions, not in the EM (based on what little has been revealed), that you may have accidentally introduce something into the canon universe without getting it approved.

Again, this may be unfounded, but it was why I asked.

Edited by N.S.M.8

• 3 months later...

Don't know much (interpret that as "nothing" :P) about the Multiverse, but I was inspired to try my hand at creating some masks in PowerPoint, so...

Behold, my mediocre attempt at creating a graphic in PowerPoint:

Here it is with a head and eyes behind it.

And here it is without a head behind it:

What would be a good mask power these could hold in the Multiverse?

Edited by Sil

Kathok

Both of those link to the same picture. The arrow is a little too obvious. The Mask of Spines; upon activation, causes the owner's armour/weapon to gain both sharper edges and needle-thin spines that can break off without causing injury to the user.

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

Fixed the links, thanks for pointing that out :P Yeah, the arrow's a little too obvious cos it was originally meant to be a Mask of Scavenging, but ended up looking quite different :P

Spines sounds cool, but a little obscure; what about Shattering, like basically the rahkshi power?

Kathok

Well, consider that being smacked in the face by someone using the Mask of Spikes would end up with splinters in all sorts of vulnerable areas, and be potentially blinded. Shattering is already done, and seems a little immoral for a mask power, as it directly contradicts the Virtue of Unity.

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

I LOLed at the arrow.... but in a good way. :P Sure, we can include this. And it would be best, if you don't mind, to go through the list of already accepted powers and pick one you like for it, rather than suggesting a new power. :)

Regit, we accept masks in the EM that would be seen as immoral in the canon; especially on Warzone, Toa of Aethion don't consider that as big a deal as the canon.

Alright, Bones. Shattering does seem a little against the grain and unoriginal for me, but if Sil prefers it, let it be.

• 2 weeks later...

As Bonesiii suggested I'm gonna post my ideas for Kanohi here so anyone may use them. I may also have ideas for new elements for Matoran to throw around.

Though I don't know if my Collab can be considered part of the EU seeing as it's going to be set in a alternate timeline to the Main series. Kinda like The Kingdom or the Melding.

But never the less Anything that can go in the EU will be. Now I need to write up the proper description of the Kanohi Sakon mask of animation.

Bionicle is amazing.

Legends Never Die!

Ok, so based on the topic I posted earlier, it looks like exidian is definitely under the canon umbrella of Fe containing all things metal (Gold Silver Iron). So my question is what in the Expanded elements would control exidian? Would Iron still control it?

I only ask because I know that silver and gold were made into their own elements and so I wasn't sure what happened to exidian since Iron now controls...well something more close to JUST iron instead of every metal?

Komali: Sounds like it would be best to use one of two explanations for the things you submit here. Not sure if you are planning to include more than masks; masks are normally what we accept here, so I'll just use that in the explanations: 1) the masks are native to the EM, and the copying-out effect that is mentioned in the guide from the Olmak Effect anomalies put copies of them in the universe you're telling about. Or 2) the inverse of that; they were invented in your universe but copied in the EM.

Loading: Well, since we said everything in the EM is protodermis, and exsidian isn't, we weren't planning for it to be included. Not that I recall specifically discussing it, though. But there is probably a protodermic version of it, or one that has similar enough traits.

Zorkel: When the Memoirs contest is finished (or maybe at some point before those polls close, if I find time) I want to get back to final checks of the Shards entries and run those polls too. :)

• Upvote 1

Yeah I'd almost forgot about the Olmak effect. That makes things alot easier. Either way the mask can be in the EM worlds so thats great. I'm going to write up the Sakon's description tonight and post it after whoever posts before me.

I'm not chancing a double post :D

Edit: Eh gonna just post it in this  :) 

Name: Kanohi Sakon
AKA: The mask of Animation
Power: Allows the user to create constructs from nearby drawings, sculptures, and or carvings. The mask is not giving life to the constructs merely allowing them movement and in the case of the drawings form. Drawn/Carved things will be made from the material that they were on prior to animation. The user is in control of the constructs moment. The Mask converts ambient energy to create the construct transforming it into a animate statue of what the image is being interpreted as and made of what the drawing was on. But the mask also needs a focus in the form of the source so if any damage happens to the source drawing the construct would return to ambient energy and vanish. Statues that are controlled by the mask are merely made to move as the user commands.
Limits: The Great Mask can create up to three constructs from Drawings and can allow the user to control a statue about 4 Bio in size as long as the user focuses. Noble can only create a single construct and can only control a statue of about the height of a Toa.

I hope this makes sense. I wanted to make sure that I gave as much info on the mask as I could. If need be I'll make a better summery.

Edited by Toa Komali

Bionicle is amazing.

Legends Never Die!

Komali -- I think that looks fine, but one issue -- the name. Animation was also the name of Thok's power, and I'd take it as implied it exists as a mask power in the EM (if we haven't added it already; I haven't yet checked the list; see the pinned EM ref topic if you wanna do that). I think something with Art or Artistic in the name would be clearer. Artistic Animation? :shrugs:

Loading -- Well, we have an element of Stone, and of Crystal. There are also combo elements which could include many specific gemstones (those would presumably have stronger control over just that type, but Stone and maybe Crystal would probably have some of it, depending on if the specific gem is more stonelike or more crystalline).

Komali -- I think that looks fine, but one issue -- the name. Animation was also the name of Thok's power, and I'd take it as implied it exists as a mask power in the EM (if we haven't added it already; I haven't yet checked the list; see the pinned EM ref topic if you wanna do that). I think something with Art or Artistic in the name would be clearer. Artistic Animation? :shrugs:

Very well my good friend. How about this.

Name: Kanohi Sakon

AKA: The mask of Craft Animation 

Power: Allows the user to create constructs from nearby drawings, sculptures, and or carvings. The mask is not giving life to the constructs merely allowing them movement and in the case of the drawings form. Drawn/Carved things will be made from the material that they were on prior to animation. The user is in control of the constructs moment. The Mask converts ambient energy to create the construct transforming it into a animate statue of what the image is being interpreted as and made of what the drawing was on. But the mask also needs a focus in the form of the source so if any damage happens to the source drawing the construct would return to ambient energy and vanish. Statues that are controlled by the mask are merely made to move as the user commands.

Limits: The Great Mask can create up to three constructs from Drawings and can allow the user to control a statue about 4 Bio in size as long as the user focuses. Noble can only create a single construct and can only control a statue of about the height of a Toa.

Edited by Toa Komali

Bionicle is amazing.

Legends Never Die!

Sounds good. :)

• Upvote 1

Sure. :)

Regarding G2: Is it going to be a parallel universe or will elements be added to the existing EM?

-Tomdroidser

Featuring: Arkham Firefly/The LEGO Movie Quiz

Now Entering: The Rise of DarkSaber
Two personal thanks to Black Six for Proto Boost.
(Expired) Topics: HF MOC BBC #69 Entry: Jaller Inika Rebuilt 

There is no such thing as perfection, except in being yourself.kanohi_avkama.gif

Glad you like the idea Bones. I'll post it as soon as possible.  :)

As Bonesiii suggested I'm gonna post my ideas for Kanohi here so anyone may use them. I may also have ideas for new elements for Matoran to throw around.

Funny how I mentioned Elements that I may throw around. After taking a quick look at the guide topic I saw 90% of the ones I thought of being used there. Though I've picked different prefixs for mine and colors they are otherwise the same. Funny how that happened.  :P I mean there is even a element less type of Matoran and that is a key factor for my collab.

Komali: Sounds like it would be best to use one of two explanations for the things you submit here. Not sure if you are planning to include more than masks; masks are normally what we accept here, so I'll just use that in the explanations: 1) the masks are native to the EM, and the copying-out effect that is mentioned in the guide from the Olmak Effect anomalies put copies of them in the universe you're telling about. Or 2) the inverse of that; they were invented in your universe but copied in the EM.

And I'm going to blame (just joking  ;) ) these rules for it.

Either way it can help everyone in trying to make good stories. 

Bionicle is amazing.

Legends Never Die!

Regarding G2: Is it going to be a parallel universe or will elements be added to the existing EM?

-Tomdroidser

(I'm pretty sure I've said this here before) I have two 'theories' about this: 1. The Bionicle Universe (G1) was retconned a long with the rest of the DC Multiverse, so G2 is basically in the same 'space' as its predecessor. (i.e. the same universe but drastically changed, not that time-travel thing) 2. G1 wasn't retconned by the 'Flashpoint Event', and G2 is a parallel universe, but won't interact with the 'old' universe.   

Edited by Chasm

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

I think that's too big a decision to give a quick answer by myself on.

My initial view on the relation between the two -- but this is not considering the EM yet, or how the dimension-studying scientists within the EM view it -- is that there are actually at least two major branches of timelines, going so far down toward the "roots" of time that if you're in any "twig" off of one of the two branches, the other may seem not to exist, simply because it's too far away. Yet, it does, and if you have something powerful enough you could reach it.

Our original plans were for the EM to be a twig off of the Generation 1 branch, if you will (or another, tangled-up branch coming off the Gen 1 branch, to be more accurate :)). We will almost certainly not be changing that... but is the Gen 2 branch unknown to the EM scientists? Or simply difficult to reach/detect? Unsure.

It's possible it could be a recent discovery; in the story written so far, it could be unknown, but its discovery could be worked into future episodes of the Cipher Chronicles. I'm not sure that would be entirely wise, though, as then people wanting to tell EM stories taking place in the past would run into a risk of assuming otherwise and contradicting it. :shrugs: The alternatives could be that it's not well known, or due to the difficulty of reaching it people don't normally worry about it so a mention in existing story wouldn't have made sense.

I think that's too big a decision to give a quick answer by myself on.

My initial view on the relation between the two -- but this is not considering the EM yet, or how the dimension-studying scientists within the EM view it -- is that there are actually at least two major branches of timelines, going so far down toward the "roots" of time that if you're in any "twig" off of one of the two branches, the other may seem not to exist, simply because it's too far away. Yet, it does, and if you have something powerful enough you could reach it.

Our original plans were for the EM to be a twig off of the Generation 1 branch, if you will (or another, tangled-up branch coming off the Gen 1 branch, to be more accurate :)). We will almost certainly not be changing that... but is the Gen 2 branch unknown to the EM scientists? Or simply difficult to reach/detect? Unsure.

It's possible it could be a recent discovery; in the story written so far, it could be unknown, but its discovery could be worked into future episodes of the Cipher Chronicles. I'm not sure that would be entirely wise, though, as then people wanting to tell EM stories taking place in the past would run into a risk of assuming otherwise and contradicting it. :shrugs: The alternatives could be that it's not well known, or due to the difficulty of reaching it people don't normally worry about it so a mention in existing story wouldn't have made sense.

Makes perfect sense. :dazed: Though it made my head spin. Time Travel is hard enough to think on now we got major timeline splits which can be much worse in figuring out how they came to be. For my split its just gonna be a slight miscalculation on Teridax's part that set it out to be it's own.

Hardest part for me? coming up with a reason for Mata Nui to still go on his quest with Ackar. Not saying any more or spoilers. :P

• Upvote 1

Bionicle is amazing.

Legends Never Die!