Expanded Multiverse Discussion Topic

I has a curious but uncertain thought: What classifies as magic in the EM?-Tomdroidser

And I have a curious but uncertain answer (:P) because "magic" is a word that has so many definitions it really depends on which one you personally prefer to stick with (if any :P).I personally prefer to think of the term as referring to physics or technology that someone doesn't understand. Often if I do something that amazes someone else and they ask how I did it, I simply reply, "Magic." Meaning, I know how it works, but they don't. (And just to be silly. :P) So basically anything that people don't understand, especially stuff that nearly nobody understands like the major EM mysteries Team CIpher is trying to solve could count as magic (by that definition).Magic can also just refer to any process, event, whatever that is wondrous, even if you do understand how it works and I like that definition too, so you could call anything magic. A lot of characters tend to think of Enlightened technology as magic in a terrifying way, even though in recent centuries they did find out the basics of how they work, just because they're so far beyond what's possible for the other worlds in Aethion.Joseph Campbell wrote a book whose title I forget about magic in which he defined it as the appeal to help from a more powerful being or force by the manner of incantations or some other ritualized means. The people of Tribal especially attempt to do this sort of thing, even though it's based on inaccurate superstitions.Their reasoning for where they move the Totem Towers is based on this; if two are close together, that fact actually causes a physics reaction that increases the Olmak Effect anomalies in that area, but the primitive people strongly believe that spirits inside the Totems make the anomalies out of anger that they've been placed in a boring location, so the people go wild with parades and try to move the Totems to the most spectacular geographic places on the planet, and always keep them moving so the spirits never get bored.Campbell's definition can also loosely apply to technology since the same actions done over and over with the right materials will produce effects, so that's similar to ritual.And then of course there's "magicians" who make things seem like magic or otherwise fool people by optical illusions and the like. There may be things similar to this happening in the Cipher Chronicles but of course I can neither confirm nor deny. :PAnd there could be other definitions besides these.

Little confused by the Suva pack. The Multiverse Guide says it is top secret, but also says very few Toa have their own proper Suva. So do most Toa have to put up with access to only one Kanohi?

Well, that's the usual way even in the canon Core Dimension, so yes. Especially so because teleportation of anything is risky; if an anomaly happens to appear between the mask and the Toa in this case the mask might arrive mangled and unuseable.But they can also carry extra masks in cloth backpacks and switch them by hand.Part of the reason Suva packs are top secret is that it isn't normally possible to make a functioning Suva small enough to actually carry, basically. But there also might be other reasons for it being secret that have yet to be revealed. :)

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Where might there be prisons in Aethion? I mean in the context of criminals, as opposed to prisoners of war on Barrawahi, or just in general on Tanuuk.I figured they could be out to sea on most of the planets, or possibly somewhere secluded on Atohune, or a standard prison with huge walls and bars on Promathus.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

Well, I still have the old stories and the most recent guide I could find. And was Sticks and Stones ever finished? I got up to Chapter 22, then it was just a cliffhanger. Hurry and finish!I've also started on a story for SCC #8 (It's been a while) about Clysmax hundreds of years after the Cypher Chronicles. I hope I can eventually finish it, but it's a bit of an apocalypse. I hope that no one gets too mad I killed off most of the Ice and Fire Fragments.

It was fully posted. You should be able to read the whole story on the old forum, unless there was some erasure glitch I don't know about. Of course, it did have some cliffhangers to set up future stories. :)You may be interested to know that there are several secret reasons why any story set in EM's post-CC future should be considered an alternate Aethion, although you don't need to specify of course. Depending on how you do it it might or might not fit with EM-canon, so you might just wanna not specify it and wait and see whether it ends up fitting or not. :PAlso, by killed off do you just mean the people? That is plausible; eventually they would repopulate.
Well, here's the first section, for your enjoyment and your approval.

• 2 weeks later...
current_events_topicbanner.png

It's up! Read! Enjoy! Review! =D

Where might there be prisons in Aethion? I mean in the context of criminals, as opposed to prisoners of war on Barrawahi, or just in general on Tanuuk.I figured they could be out to sea on most of the planets, or possibly somewhere secluded on Atohune, or a standard prison with huge walls and bars on Promathus.

This is basically the kind of thing we don't "paint into corners" on; most of the worlds could have a variety of different strategies and designs of prisons. Out to sea is one possibility, so is land-based. They could also be prioritized based on what kind of offenses the prisoners are in for. Atohune would vary probably more than anywhere else as every tribe could use a different method, but many don't really think in terms of prison like we do. First of all, crime against your own tribe would be virtually unthinkable, unless it were to be fleeing that tribe and joining another. The types of people who prefer to cause trouble would probably join certain villainous tribes which would then raid their neighbors or the like, but really this sort of thing is rare there as most people are just focused on surviving off the land.Pretty much right on with Promathus, though again there can be variety, especially there because there is no actual law. The companies and unions negotiate the rules and they both handle enforcement and punishment. Sea-based prisons especially make sense for BZ-Koro, since it's a chain of large islands, and there are likely various smaller islands on the continental shelf between the five main ones. On Wiki-Nui there may be smaller islands on the coast but I tend to think of prisons as being housed inside specialized skyscrapers here and there, or maybe even just certain floors of skyscrapers. They might send some of the worst prisoners to BZ-Koro's strongest prisons just to distance them from the reference skyscrapers, though. If someone like Avsa-Ka, minus the teleportation power, were to break out, you'd want them far away from the computers.Shattered doesn't have seas except for Ga-Clysmax. On that one, I do think they might use the underwater bases for prisons, as it would be hard to escape there. Other fragments might use high-tech prisons amidst the normal cities, and also prisons on military bases on the sides of the fragments.On Izumal I think I said something about this in the guide, which I'm foggy on right now. :P

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

On Izumal I think I said something about this in the guide, which I'm foggy on right now. :P

The first punishment for most major offenses in Enlightened is exile to the criminal camps. As long as exiles then leave the city alone, Agents leave them alone. This includes criminals whose first offense is hacking, unless the hacking was especially egregious. Jailing is reserved for hackers in the exile camps who continue to hack the city, (whom Agents must hunt down), and for murderers. This last crime does not include exiles who murder other exiles; that is a criminal camp matter.For minor offenses, Enlightened seeks to determine if it was an error in judgement -- a mistake -- or motivated by evil intentions (as they define them). If the former, the logic of the situation is discussed calmly by all parties who reach consensus about what should have been done, and they go on with their lives, never making that mistake again. If for other motives, it depends on the circumstances. Sometimes discussion is used if the criminal is deemed not too far gone, or temporary jailing followed by discussion, but if it's determined that the criminal IS too far gone, it goes to exile. Exile and jailing for major offenses are lifetime sentences. Jails use the Prison protodermic power that official Piraka Avak had; the prisons cannot be escaped from by prisoners. However, helpers from the outside could conceivably get them out. Jails are guarded by Agents at all times to try to prevent that. Some prisoners have escaped, but no more than ten times in the entire 100 years of the Multiverse.

For reference purposes, this was it. :P
current_events_sigbanner.png

On Izumal I think I said something about this in the guide, which I'm foggy on right now. :P

The first punishment for most major offenses in Enlightened is exile to the criminal camps. As long as exiles then leave the city alone, Agents leave them alone. This includes criminals whose first offense is hacking, unless the hacking was especially egregious. Jailing is reserved for hackers in the exile camps who continue to hack the city, (whom Agents must hunt down), and for murderers. This last crime does not include exiles who murder other exiles; that is a criminal camp matter.For minor offenses, Enlightened seeks to determine if it was an error in judgement -- a mistake -- or motivated by evil intentions (as they define them). If the former, the logic of the situation is discussed calmly by all parties who reach consensus about what should have been done, and they go on with their lives, never making that mistake again. If for other motives, it depends on the circumstances. Sometimes discussion is used if the criminal is deemed not too far gone, or temporary jailing followed by discussion, but if it's determined that the criminal IS too far gone, it goes to exile. Exile and jailing for major offenses are lifetime sentences. Jails use the Prison protodermic power that official Piraka Avak had; the prisons cannot be escaped from by prisoners. However, helpers from the outside could conceivably get them out. Jails are guarded by Agents at all times to try to prevent that. Some prisoners have escaped, but no more than ten times in the entire 100 years of the Multiverse.

For reference purposes, this was it. :P
Weren't there 500 entire years of the multiverse? :PEDIT: Also, I'm thinking about one of the characters in the epic I'm working on having an element swap. What are the costs and effects of a swap, how does it happen, and where is it done? Edited by Taipu1

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

• 2 weeks later...

This is just a suggestion, but can't we reboot the Shards Contest sometime in June?-Tomdroidser

Edited by tomdroidser

Featuring: Arkham Firefly/The LEGO Movie Quiz

Now Entering: The Rise of DarkSaber
Two personal thanks to Black Six for Proto Boost.
(Expired) Topics: HF MOC BBC #69 Entry: Jaller Inika Rebuilt 

There is no such thing as perfection, except in being yourself.kanohi_avkama.gif

1) Yes, 500 years; that's a typo.2) Near Olmak Anomalies. Element swaps can be somewhat painful, as well as dangerous due to simply being near anomalies which are already dangerous. To do it you need to bring an Element Key, charged with the elemental energy for the element you want to switch to, near to the anomaly. A beam of blue light will shine from the anomaly into the Key to power it, and you'll be transformed. An example was shown in the first Cipher Chronicles episode.3) Yeah, I think we could relaunch in mid-June.

Edited by bonesiii

I suppose this is the correct place to post this, but I wonder. Does Quantum Suicide apply in Bionicle? For those who don't know, Quantum Suicide is when your conscious jumps to another universe in a situation where you died. In this universe everything is the same except you did not die or something happened to prevent it. It is an interesting thing to ponder, consider Matoro, when he died, did his consciousness jump to the alternate universe where he failed, succeeding in the universe he left but failing in the one he jumped to in a rather extreme metaphysical method of cosmic preservation of life?

Divinator of Dreams.
4hcuu9.jpg
This Is Proud Stigma.

What are the names and bios for the EM equivalents of BS01 and BZP staff, or at least the ones that you know?

The only one that's been revealed is Toa Swert, leader of Wiki-Nui. In general I prefer to leave it unanswered, as the actual staff members would want to be the ones to decide their own bios. Swert wrote his own portrayal, for example.I personally choose not to use mine in the Cipher Chronicles, as I'm not as important to BZP as Swert is to BS01, and my role as an EM leader of course doesn't exist within the EM so can't be factored.But I like to think of my equivalent as some kind of a skeletal being whose biological components have been turned into a ghostly energy, and bones of some kind of protometal (not protosteel, though). The ghostly part always absorbs energy to project a protective forcefield on the surface of the bones, making them "invincible" unless enough attacks were to drain the energy faster than it can recharge. At some point "I" was a Toa of Fire (but lost that power), with a mask of forcefield control (that got "destroyed" in the conversion process), who took part in some kind of racing sport prior to become staff and might still compete as a hobby. I now have some kind of relatively weak mysterious ghostly powers, especially to extend similar protection to other objects, including an ancient wrecked wooden sailing boat that floats despite having numerous holes.(At one point prior to making the EM I had considered writing a LEGO fanfic about this, but decided it wouldn't be interesting enough, and I'm not a fan of writing myself as a protagonist. :P)

I suppose this is the correct place to post this, but I wonder. Does Quantum Suicide apply in Bionicle? For those who don't know, Quantum Suicide is when your conscious jumps to another universe in a situation where you died. In this universe everything is the same except you did not die or something happened to prevent it. It is an interesting thing to ponder, consider Matoro, when he died, did his consciousness jump to the alternate universe where he failed, succeeding in the universe he left but failing in the one he jumped to in a rather extreme metaphysical method of cosmic preservation of life?

Unless you're asking if this can happen in the EM it really doesn't belong here.Canonically (Bionicle canon) there is of course no evidence of this, though it's a fine idea (and cool) for fanfics. :)In the EM, something similar does happen with the Olmak Effect anomalies, which was depicted with Kyn in Cipher Chronicles episode 1. Basically the consciousness can be copied to alternate dimensions, but it isn't actually moved there. A "clone" is made there basically. But the OE is inherently unpredictable and fluke occurances of all kinds definately are possible, including direct physical moving to another dimension, so something like this might be possible occasionally, if the person was in anomaly when they died. An anomaly might very, very rarely be able to pull out a person's mind and kill the body, leaving the body, but putting the mind in a copied body in another universe, yes. But veeeeeeery rare.Also technically if the standard copying was done just before they died then in a sense they "live on" in the other dimension. Anomalies can be deadly anyways, so the same basic thing could happen if for example it randomly turned to a matter shredder or dropped them from high in the air just after copying them out.Note that the copies quickly forget they are copies usually, and with your Matoro example that would fit. But the alternate Matoro would have existed whether or not the main one died, and countless other alternate Matoros exist too.(And is this a LOST season 6 allusion? :P)BTW, folks, be sure to post reviews in the new Cipher Chronicles episode, link in sig! After chapter 1 it hasn't gotten any besides from me. Let's hear your thoughts! Edited by bonesiii

• 3 weeks later...

Aside from the "main six" elements, the only Troak elemental powers that I know of are Aurora (Av), Corrosion (Fe), Crushslow (Ba), Volcano (Ig), and Anomalysense (Em). Are the powers for the other elements decided already and written down somewhere I haven't looked yet? Or are they up for deliberation, because I do have a few suggestion for some of the other elements. :)

bug_animated.gif

Yes, they were all on the wiki, before freewebs removed the wiki option on us. Here's the Troak species section from my backup:Troak -- TROH-ahkBulky, Toa-height beings with spiky decorations on the shoulders and legs, all have minor elemental powers, but ones with big OOMPH, like Cyclone. Wear and use masks. Troak come in all main canon and EM elements. They're most common on Izumal but live in various places. Known Troak include the Cyclone-weilding Izumal Agent nicknamed Brute.Powers:Le: Cyclone -- summon and control tornadosGa: Cloudburst -- make clouds turn into delugesTa: Fire rain -- make the sky rain fire boltsKo: Hailstorm -- summon & control ice from skyPo: Sandstone -- control sand & cement itOnu: Earthwaves -- make sea-style waves in soilAv: Aurora -- obscure a place with wavy lightsKra: Eclipse -- fill an area with darknessFe: Corrosion -- rust proto-iron, etc.De: Subthunder -- rattle an area with subsonic boomsBa: Crushslow -- intense gravity, slows time down slightly except for userIo: Sunflare -- create microstars that shoot solar flaresNeh: Wildpoles -- scramble compasses and slightly move metalsVi: Forestsurge -- summon a new forest to rapidly growEt: Strikezone -- summon rapid lightning striking same areaCe: Nightmare -- telepathic wave of chaotic imagery & telekinesisVo: Sandstorm -- summon a sandstormKru: Spikecoat -- grow crystal layer on everything in an areaHy: Sizzlemarsh -- make land filled with puddles of acidIg: Volcano -- summon a small volcanic eruption from undergroundNu: Chaos -- speed things up randomly in an areaFos: Poisoncloud -- sulfuric vapor cloud, can stun and corrodeAu: Pyrite -- make clumpy gold crystals grow all over an areaAg: Psiocage -- silver mind-resonant lattice webs or cages that disrupt powersGi: Lakewalker -- give water mercury properties, user can walk on itEm: Anomalysense -- the only passive power; user senses Olmak EffectAnd yes I need to get to putting all the backed-up content up... it's on the to-do list.Anyways, I'm happy to hear your suggestions anyways; they might make good mask powers or something. :)

I didn't bother thinking up fancy names for the powers, but here they were:Et: Generates shrinking electrical "nets" around targets, like a Suukorak's rhotuka.Vi: Causes plants to slowly grow in the user's footsteps, inspired by descriptions of various fertility goddesses.Hy: Basically the Acid Cloud power of Tyrant Skrall Trolls.Spo: Causes mushrooms to appear and grow rapidly to the size of a large tree before exploding into clouds of spores, from which normal mushrooms can grow.

Edited by -Toa Lhikevikk-
bug_animated.gif

Actually Spo was apparently accepted after that list was made; I don't see one included, so we could use your Spo idea. :) Not sure what to call it though...

I'd say Shroomsplode but that's just silly. :P Sporebomb, maybe?I also notice that Tar and Ghost were accepted afterwards as well... creating tar pits seems logical for the former, but I can't think of anything interesting for the latter. (Ghost still needs a prefix, BTW.)

bug_animated.gif

How do Makuta get Rahkshi in Aethion? Without EP, they can't make them from kraata. Do they just wait for the Olmak to spawn Rahkshi in?

Read my comedy, about the Hero Factory villains watching a television channel produced by our Spherus Magnan friends!

The Bionicle Channel

"I expect that when I write my next entry in this chronicle, I will be writing as uncontested ruler of the Brotherhood."

-Certainty, my Memoirs of the Dead entry

I'd say Shroomsplode but that's just silly. :P Sporebomb, maybe?I also notice that Tar and Ghost were accepted afterwards as well... creating tar pits seems logical for the former, but I can't think of anything interesting for the latter. (Ghost still needs a prefix, BTW.)
Sporebomb might work.Hm, I thought we did decide on the Ghost prefix, but I can't remember... Ah, well that's easy. I'm working on getting the Shards contest up and I see it shown there. Ka.As for the Ka-Troak power, maybe something inspired by out of body experiences, where targets' senses will seem to follow an artificial ghostly version of themselves that will move around as the Troak controls, leaving them confused as to how to control their real body. Would be a stretch for a Ka-Toa but Troak powers can be more loosely related. I dunno.Tar pits makes sense, yeah.
How do Makuta get Rahkshi in Aethion? Without EP, they can't make them from kraata. Do they just wait for the Olmak to spawn Rahkshi in?
Well, there is EP collected in the Library. Makuta, like most "evil" canon species, are not necessarily evil in the EM, and Rahkshi made by them could be used for good, so if the Wiki-Nui government deemed a Makuta trustworthy they could allow access to their EP storage. Evil Makuta could break in rarely.Rahkshi spawned by the anomalies is possible but they probably would not be inherently loyal to existing Makuta; they'd just be like wild animals. A Makuta could capture one and "infect" it to be loyal though.And I forget how we worded it, but all known EP is in the Wiki-Nui Library. It's possible some pools have been discovered elsewhere by some Makuta who have for obvious reasons kept them secret from the wider populus and thus the AAG.

Ah. Well, the obvious choice would be Plague; release a massive burst of a virus, probably that does not kill but might incapacitate for a while. Probably should be contagious but only for a while, so it wouldn't spread throughout the whole Multiverse.

Since I need to link to this for the Shards contest, here is the wiki information about the main elements (both canon and EM). I'll put it in the reference center eventually.[Edit: List moved to its new home in the EM Reference Topic.]Any suggestions for the prefixes and color schemes of the combo elements with question marks are welcome. :)

Edited by bonesiii

I do plan to do one more Denizens contest for Season 2, but it's important to keep in mind we'll still need to feature some from the original in Season 2. Since BZP has less activity overall I'm thinking there'll be less winners in a Denizens 2, though, so it should work.Vehicles and Weapons probably will not have repeats.Species, I don't plan to have a contest specifically for, but we are still accepting open submissions and it may be involved in other contests, especially if we do a Denizens 2.Also, there is one important new contest that will be coming next after Shards, which I can't comment further on. :P

Interesting, an entire fan-made universe for Bionicle fans to create their own stories in, that sounds cool.I'm working on a fanon Bionicle story myself, but I probably won't exert myself overly much to make it fit with this concept, for three reasons:1. It takes place 200 years after the original Bionicle saga, so it's a "alternate future" kind of concept, very much on Spherus Magna, not these other planets.2. It's already in progress on another site for fanon stuff3. it's a crossover with another franchise.I'd link it here, but I don't know if that's allowed, so I'll just leave it at that.

Edited by Kopakamidak
Sorry but even just mentioning that site is not allowed as it has forums. -bones

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

I've just been looking over the list of forbidden mysteries in the 100 page guide. I noticed that the whole "Olmak effect becoming a worsening problem" thing isn't mentioned there. Are we just taking this as something that happens, with no explanation, is it something that will be explained, can we explain it ourselves, or if you have an explanation, are you going to say it now, or do we have to wait until it comes up in CC?Also, hoping for a few subtle hints on the forbidden mysteries list. Are any of the mysteries linked to each other, for example the Identity of Revolution and the Leader of Alarist Underground, or the Mysterious Energy Source and Izumal's power source?I don't expect an answer to that specifying anything, but are there any links along those sort of lines?

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

I've just been looking over the list of forbidden mysteries in the 100 page guide. I noticed that the whole "Olmak effect becoming a worsening problem" thing isn't mentioned there. Are we just taking this as something that happens, with no explanation, is it something that will be explained, can we explain it ourselves, or if you have an explanation, are you going to say it now, or do we have to wait until it comes up in CC?
It will be explained in the Cipher Chronicles; it's basically what the whole Cipher Chronicles is about, heh. It's included under "How to stop the Olmak Effect's destruction." Since an unchanging level of risk is not what needs to be stopped per se but the continual increasing of destruction. :)
Also, hoping for a few subtle hints on the forbidden mysteries list. Are any of the mysteries linked to each other
At least two of them are linked to each other, yes. No, I can't say which. :P And I'm not saying it's only two, I just don't want to give a definite number, heh. (Of course, depending on how you define "link" they're all related but yeah... :P) Edited by bonesiii

It's up now! Pinned at the top of S&T. :)

Just two questions I want answered for the shards topic:1. When did the war on Clysmax start? Was it before, or after the Shattering?2. What were the fragments called pre-Shattering? Where they still organized into "tribes" at that time, or did they all assemble post-Shattering into their current alignments after the elemental fragments were separated.Thanks?

2. What were the fragments called pre-Shattering? Where they still organized into "tribes" at that time, or did they all assemble post-Shattering into their current alignments after the elemental fragments were separated.
I'll wait on Bonesiii backing me up on this one, but I think that when the planet was whole, there was 6 territories for the main elements, and that once the shattering occurred, the societies for the minor elements only formed on the smaller shards then. Before that they were integrated into the territories of the 6 main elements. As for what these were called, it was probably still Ta-Clysmax, Ga-Clysmax and so on, as I believe the Planet was known as Clysmax before the Shattering, so this would make sense.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

I don't have time to check right now but I wanted to point you in the right direction as to where I think we put the answers. Cold Truth I believe established that the war started after the Shattering, or at least just before. And the History section of the 100-page guide under Shattered should shed some light on it.Most people in their entries have referred to the pre-Shattering elemental areas as regions. I forget off the top of my head if the term has been used officially, but it makes sense. And yes, Ko-Clysmax, De-Clysmax, etc. were the names.Actually, Taipu1, I have said previously that the regions that became the shards were at various places between the borders of the six main regions. That's also what several entries have run with. But I think I made it not an absolute rule, so some might have formed later; if someone says so in a bio and it wins for that Shard then that'll become true of that Shard. So in that case you guys have room to interpret.

It has, but I'm not personally interested in it.

I know we've got shard moons for every element in the pipeline, but is it possible there are other shards, I'm thinking smaller ones, for just general stuff. What I've got in mind is a kind of "Tren Krom's rock" for the skies. Or perhaps a particularly rich person (or not, I don't know. I'm no expert on Aethion real estate) would own a small shard purely for themselves?

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Yes, it's been confirmed before that there are countless smaller shards, many of which might be devoted to combo elements, or owned by rich people, and others uninhabited, but none of these are what the contest is about. :)

But I like to think of my equivalent as some kind of a skeletal being whose biological components have been turned into a ghostly energy, and bones of some kind of protometal (not protosteel, though). The ghostly part always absorbs energy to project a protective forcefield on the surface of the bones, making them "invincible" unless enough attacks were to drain the energy faster than it can recharge. At some point "I" was a Toa of Fire (but lost that power), with a mask of forcefield control (that got "destroyed" in the conversion process), who took part in some kind of racing sport prior to become staff and might still compete as a hobby. I now have some kind of relatively weak mysterious ghostly powers, especially to extend similar protection to other objects, including an ancient wrecked wooden sailing boat that floats despite having numerous holes.(At one point prior to making the EM I had considered writing a LEGO fanfic about this, but decided it wouldn't be interesting enough, and I'm not a fan of writing myself as a protagonist. :P)
:smeag:That's what I thought when I read that description. Anyway, on to serious questions: Is the list of EM-canon mask powers still somewhere, because I believe the original died with my old computer, and the freewebs wiki is no more.Also, there is a sight of sorts that lists literary conventions known as "Tropes" on which our fair Multiverse has an entry, and anyone with some spare time and knowledge of said literary conventions who wants to come over and help me with it would be most appreciated.-TLhikan

"So I'm TL now?"

"Yeah, 'cuz if we said it the other way it'd have to be TLhiKHAAN!!"

Click, yes. :)I'm working on getting a topic up with the important information that was only on the wiki soon. First I gotta get the Battlescapes art contest results in order, then the EM wiki stuff is my next project. :) I had planned to put up the saved version of the wiki itself, but every page loads really slow on my computer in that format now so I'll just convert it to text.

Okay then, I'll see what I got:Gei-Matoran, or Radiation: Beings of radiation are usually black and dark green with silver armor and masks, and are usually Male. Matoran have the ability to sense extreme or dangerous radiation fields nearby. Toa can absorb, create, and control radiation, which takes form the same as on Earth, and can cause various side effects such as dizziness, sickness, and sometimes death. They can also have limited control over light, as well as infrared and x-ray vision that can severely weaken their elemental energies. Toa are also immune to radiation, as not being so would defeat the purpose of their powers :P. These Toa are often sought after to become Agents because of their danger to any being without a natural immunity, including Agents. The Radiation sense can also detect Agents nearby, ruining their secrecy. Because of the Agent's efforts, most of the Gei-Toa and Matoran are on Izumal or dead, but a few exist on other planets.Te-Matoran, or Electronics: The typical color scheme of a being of electronics is varying shades of blue, including translucents, with silver armor, and can be either male or female. The Matoran are usually extremely technically gifted, being able to create any existing invention from a single look, as well as operate it. The Toa can control electronics at a distance. As a Nova Blast, they would release an effect similar to an Earth EMP device. Also a very rare element in the Aethion.Sta-Matoran, or Rebuff: These strange, exclusive beings are usually colored White and Red, and can be either gender. Instead of having an elemental power, their abilities are with bodies. Matoran have a kind of natural, yet weakened version of the Mask of Healing, while close contact with Toa can increase beings natural Endurance, Strength, Speed, and Mental stimulus, depending on what the Toa decide to use. They can also focus a single trait over long distances to a single being. A Nova Blast would actually have a positive effect, releasing all of these effects to a large area. Due to their nature, these beings are highly sought after as warrior's and leader's assistants, especially on Warzone. On Tribal, they are revered as leaders with godlike powers.Well, that's my elements I've thought of. I'm not sure about Electronics, since it's kind of the ability of the Mask of Biomechanics, but the others I'm very proud of. And now, just a few masks:Mask of Solidifying: This mask is considered immoral by most Toa, because of it's ability to temporarily solidify a concentrated area of matter, such as air, water, protodermis, etc. The larger the area, the more energy it takes.Mask of Scrying: As long as a being wearing this mask could recognize a place, thing, or person, they can "see" that thing in their mind. Very useful for finding things.Mask of Sense Throwing: Allows a being to project an external eye, ear, nose, mouth, or finger, which is visible to only users of the Elda or Rode. Usually used for spying.Mask of Strength Distribution: Kind of a hard one to explain, basically it reroutes unused muscle to help in the places with most strain, like for example, transfers strength to legs for running, or arms for melee combat.Mask of Display: Allows user to project thoughts for others to see.Mask of Orbit: Causes projectiles thrown at user to orbit around them and can be released all at once at will.Masks of Solar/Techno-/Bluespace Charge: Allows user to replenish their energies from sunlight (in Core dimension), Electrical sources, or Bluespace.Mask of Stress: Allows user to locate points of the greatest stress, similar to those Bridge Builder games. :)I've thought of a few more, but those are my favorites.