Expanded Multiverse Discussion Topic

Okay then, I'll see what I got:Gei-Matoran, or Radiation: Beings of radiation are usually black and dark green with silver armor and masks, and are usually Male. Matoran have the ability to sense extreme or dangerous radiation fields nearby. Toa can absorb, create, and control radiation, which takes form the same as on Earth, and can cause various side effects such as dizziness, sickness, and sometimes death. They can also have limited control over light, as well as infrared and x-ray vision that can severely weaken their elemental energies. Toa are also immune to radiation, as not being so would defeat the purpose of their powers :P. These Toa are often sought after to become Agents because of their danger to any being without a natural immunity, including Agents. The Radiation sense can also detect Agents nearby, ruining their secrecy. Because of the Agent's efforts, most of the Gei-Toa and Matoran are on Izumal or dead, but a few exist on other planets.Te-Matoran, or Electronics: The typical color scheme of a being of electronics is varying shades of blue, including translucents, with silver armor, and can be either male or female. The Matoran are usually extremely technically gifted, being able to create any existing invention from a single look, as well as operate it. The Toa can control electronics at a distance. As a Nova Blast, they would release an effect similar to an Earth EMP device. Also a very rare element in the Aethion.Sta-Matoran, or Rebuff: These strange, exclusive beings are usually colored White and Red, and can be either gender. Instead of having an elemental power, their abilities are with bodies. Matoran have a kind of natural, yet weakened version of the Mask of Healing, while close contact with Toa can increase beings natural Endurance, Strength, Speed, and Mental stimulus, depending on what the Toa decide to use. They can also focus a single trait over long distances to a single being. A Nova Blast would actually have a positive effect, releasing all of these effects to a large area. Due to their nature, these beings are highly sought after as warrior's and leader's assistants, especially on Warzone. On Tribal, they are revered as leaders with godlike powers.Well, that's my elements I've thought of. I'm not sure about Electronics, since it's kind of the ability of the Mask of Biomechanics, but the others I'm very proud of. And now, just a few masks:Mask of Solidifying: This mask is considered immoral by most Toa, because of it's ability to temporarily solidify a concentrated area of matter, such as air, water, protodermis, etc. The larger the area, the more energy it takes.Mask of Scrying: As long as a being wearing this mask could recognize a place, thing, or person, they can "see" that thing in their mind. Very useful for finding things.Mask of Sense Throwing: Allows a being to project an external eye, ear, nose, mouth, or finger, which is visible to only users of the Elda or Rode. Usually used for spying.Mask of Strength Distribution: Kind of a hard one to explain, basically it reroutes unused muscle to help in the places with most strain, like for example, transfers strength to legs for running, or arms for melee combat.Mask of Display: Allows user to project thoughts for others to see.Mask of Orbit: Causes projectiles thrown at user to orbit around them and can be released all at once at will.Masks of Solar/Techno-/Bluespace Charge: Allows user to replenish their energies from sunlight (in Core dimension), Electrical sources, or Bluespace.Mask of Stress: Allows user to locate points of the greatest stress, similar to those Bridge Builder games. :)I've thought of a few more, but those are my favorites.
Alright, lemme start with the mask powers but please note I don't have time to get the wiki page up. It can take up to an hour to load in its weird offline form right now.Solidifying -- I'm almost certain we already have one for that, as well as liquefying, etc.Scrying -- Question, you mean see what is happening with that thing now, right? How much of its surroundings could they see?Sense Throwing -- Approved!Strength Distribution -- Approved!Display -- Isn't this the same thing as Mahiki, illusion?Orbit -- The name is confusing, but I like the basic power. Something I've thought of myself for my non-Bionicle fiction ironically. Rethink the name though.Solar/Techno-/Bluespace Charge -- are we talking about three different masks? For the latter, I believe one of the originally established EM masks did that, not sure. If so it could be found in the 100 page guide. If we're talking about one mask, overlap with that might be an issue, plus obviously the name is very clunky. :PStress -- given your description, I think a better name would be Stress Detection, but with that name I approve. :)Elements... I'm afraid I don't have an instant "yes" reaction to any of them. I'd need to hear feedback from others.Radiation is the one closest to an automatic yes, but at this point I don't think we can take on any main elements, so it would have to be a combo (and it could work that way; maybe Light plus Acid or something...).And rebuff, I don't understand how the name is connected to the description. I'm thinking both this (as Healing) and Electronics/Biomechanics would be better as unusual mutations of Matoran giving them traits based on non-elemental powers, but that's not a final answer.I do like the description of Rebuff though storywise, more than the other two. Edited by bonesiii

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

To through my two gemsands (is that the correct plural?) in, on the elements, I'm for radation being light + acid, but I really don't see the other two working as elements at all. They make interesting powers (and we already have the masks of Technopathy and Biomechanics). For rebuff, it seems to me that the effect would be better named just "Buff" (or "buffing").Also, Bones, about masks: In the BP, you have the Mask of Antifriction, which makes stuff more slippery. In an old epic I made, I just had one mask that controls friction of all types (and worked with air resistance) too, so I was wondering if in the EM we would have three masks: The BP Mask of Antifriction, the Mask of Friction, and the Mask of Air Resistance?-TLhikan

Edited by TLhikan

"So I'm TL now?"

"Yeah, 'cuz if we said it the other way it'd have to be TLhiKHAAN!!"

Alright, lemme start with the mask powers but please note I don't have time to get the wiki page up. It can take up to an hour to load in its weird offline form right now.Solidifying -- I'm almost certain we already have one for that, as well as liquefying, etc.Scrying -- Question, you mean see what is happening with that thing now, right? How much of its surroundings could they see?
Okay, I guess I didn't look too much through the EM guide, but now that I did, I didn't see it. It must be one of the contest winner masks, which aren't back up yet.For Scrying, I'm thinking a blurry image of the background, but enough that you would know the place if you had seen it. And yes, what is happening to that thing at that moment.
Sense Throwing -- Approved!Strength Distribution -- Approved!Display -- Isn't this the same thing as Mahiki, illusion?
Yes, approved masks! I guess the Mahiki could do it, but I was kind of thinking you project your thoughts for only certain selected beings. It's kind of a more fine-tuned Mahiki, so I would be fine if it didn't get approved.
Orbit -- The name is confusing, but I like the basic power. Something I've thought of myself for my non-Bionicle fiction ironically. Rethink the name though.
Hmm, maybe like Redirection? I thought Orbit would work, considering the object stops and begins to orbit around the user.
Solar/Techno-/Bluespace Charge -- are we talking about three different masks? For the latter, I believe one of the originally established EM masks did that, not sure. If so it could be found in the 100 page guide. If we're talking about one mask, overlap with that might be an issue, plus obviously the name is very clunky. :P
Yes, three masks, and I think there's a Kanohi of Bluespace, and looking through the guide, I can see that it can do that. Okay, and yes, the name is clunky, which is one reason why I simply chose stress instead of Stress Detection.
Stress -- given your description, I think a better name would be Stress Detection, but with that name I approve. :)
Okay, that name should work. Great!
Elements... I'm afraid I don't have an instant "yes" reaction to any of them. I'd need to hear feedback from others.Radiation is the one closest to an automatic yes, but at this point I don't think we can take on any main elements, so it would have to be a combo (and it could work that way; maybe Light plus Acid or something...).
I'm thinking Plasma should be one of them, maybe like Magnetism and Plasma? It would make the Shards contest easier.
And rebuff, I don't understand how the name is connected to the description. I'm thinking both this (as Healing) and Electronics/Biomechanics would be better as unusual mutations of Matoran giving them traits based on non-elemental powers, but that's not a final answer.I do like the description of Rebuff though storywise, more than the other two.
Well, I got the original power from the Repair Nektann in VNOLG, and I guess I got the Debuff Nektann stuck in my head, which has an opposite effect. Perhaps Statistics, Body, or something. A mutation would work, since it is a very different kind of element, probably the one I'm most proud of.And I wasn't sure about Electronics, since that really does seem like a Mask Power, and the only thing unique is the EMP burst.So, do you want me to do some sketches of the approved ones? Namely maybe Scrying, Sense Throwing, Strength Distribution, Orbit, and Stress Detection. I have some for most of the masks.And now that I look through your Paracosmos masks, I realize that I had a lot of similar mask designs. The Mask of Puzzles helps pinpoint the solution to problems, like telling you the code to a lock, the Mask of Quests helps you find your way to something, Mask of Endurance is like the Mask of Stamina, Mask of Sustinance similar to your Mask of Reverse Breathing plus Mask of Nutrition, and I really like the other powers. Edited by Click

Yes, sketches are always welcome as well. :)The Solidifying thing was one of the approved ones, so it won't be in the 100 page guide.Scrying, with your clarification, I would approve, but now that I think of it, I might have already approved something very similar. Will have to check. Sorry for the delay on that...What confused me about Orbit is I assumed it would have to do with orbitting the planet. Redirection... I dunno, not quite it either. Hm... *thinking... thinking...* Well, going in a circle around the user reminds me of old-style slingshots. Perhaps something like that. Redirection Sling... eh... Slingshield? :PSolar charge also sounds familiar for some reason. Let's hold off on approving that and Techno, but if nothing like them has already been approved then I probably will approve them.

I'm thinking Plasma should be one of them, maybe like Magnetism and Plasma? It would make the Shards contest easier.
Perhaps Magnetism + Plasma + Acid? We have said three-way combos are possible. I dunno.. Edited by bonesiii

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

I was wondering a few things about the technology level and the buildings in Bz-Koro.1)We know that most of Bz-Koro's buildings are huts. But what about buildings not meant for habitation (offices, banks, government buildings, shops, sport centres...)? How are they like?2)Is there public transportation in Bz-Koro and what kind of vehicles does it employ?3)Does BZK have a power grid? And if not, do they have objects powered by eletricity, like electrical appliances, computers (not Gadgets, I mean computers like the ones you find in an office, which aren't personal) and how do they power them?I was also wondering why the EM reference topic is in S&T and not in the Reference Center like the old one.

632461607_Bannerdefinitivopiccolo.png.8e4bc632ba965c6eaef9247ce71df1d7.png
My collection of epics: The Sanctum of Writing

I was wondering a few things about the technology level and the buildings in Bz-Koro.1)We know that most of Bz-Koro's buildings are huts. But what about buildings not meant for habitation (offices, banks, government buildings, shops, sport centres...)? How are they like?2)Is there public transportation in Bz-Koro and what kind of vehicles does it employ?3)Does BZK have a power grid? And if not, do they have objects powered by eletricity, like electrical appliances, computers (not Gadgets, I mean computers like the ones you find in an office, which aren't personal) and how do they power them?I was also wondering why the EM reference topic is in S&T and not in the Reference Center like the old one.
1) Larger huts and/or multiple connected huts (like Turaga Onewa's in MNOG). :)2) Hm, good question. I think on land most of the travel is by foot on the dirt roads, but there may be a variety of taxi services for the more rich or those in a hurry on those roads, and between the islands there are taxi ferries (also going to Wiki-Nui and the AAG island).3) For the most part they just use Gadgets, powered by the sun, nearby anomalies, etc. but I think I did write in the 100-page Guide that there were computer records of the goings-on in the Forums. The most important huts probably do have power, from their own generators. I definitely do not imagine a wire grid like ours.4) Not certain it'll stay here, but I got tired of the fancier html coding for it in the BRC, and since the end of Bionicle the BRC's role may be changing (no final decision has yet been made, though). Part of the reason the old one was put in the BRC was just that S&T already had so many official topics, and now it doesn't. (I forgot I was gonna pin it though; done.)Speaking of the new reference topic, let's discuss what other powers could populate this list besides the two already on it; I'm mostly asking for existing powers (Chain Lightning comes to mind for example):Common Element-related PowersThese are sub-powers of actual elements, and are commonly obtained by Toa in place of their elemental powers by the use of a Power Key. But they are not actually elements. They are usually control-only; users of Insect Control, for example, cannot actually make new insects. Most of the powers are also common as Kanohi Mask powers.Insect Control (subpower of Life)Rahi Control (subpower of Life) Edited by bonesiii

Yeah, I think electronics can go on there, but I think Radiation is better as a combo.Another question -- does anybody know which of those four masks by Taipu1 were assigned to which fan-made masks? My saved copy just puts a gibberish code for each image and I didn't put the powers in the image title names (silly me). The ones here.

Another question -- does anybody know which of those four masks by Taipu1 were assigned to which fan-made masks? My saved copy just puts a gibberish code for each image and I didn't put the powers in the image title names (silly me). The ones here.
I think only one of them was vaguely assigned anything, and I don't think it was made official. Not as far as I recall anyway.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

Yeah, the Ce-Hau, mental sheilding, I think. Any idea which image it was?Edit: But it was made official; you're cited in the text.

Edited by bonesiii

Yeah, the Ce-Hau, mental sheilding, I think. Any idea which image it was?Edit: But it was made official; you're cited in the text.
I would guess the gold Hau looking one. It would seem to fit with that idea. If you've got the time Bones, I wouldn't mind those masks being "reinterpretted" a bit. The details are all their, and I'd say pretty good, but the artwork seems mediocre alongside all the other masks. Also, on a social culture type topic, drinking. I would assume there would be bars on Alarist and Clysmax, and maybe Atohune in some of the bigger villages. Would it be possible BIONICLE like drinks would exist with strange side affects, possibly relating to the drinkers element?What I have in mind currently is one that disorients an Av-Matoran's color reflex, so they can't control their color for a few hours.I mention that of course, because it would be hilarious if Kyn had it in CC. :P Edited by Taipu1

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Yeah, that's the mask I was thinking. I just looked through several pages of the old discussion topic, didn't spot it, but I did collect some masks I had approved but hadn't added; they're in the new list. If anybody spots any I missed, lemme know.I'll go ahead and put that mask shape in, I guess. Maybe just go ahead and assign the others...Also updated the Species list, including the Rebuff thing and electronics. Added a new category there called power mutants, basically Matoran (and similar) that have power associations rather than elements, including the new Hau-Matoran I just made up to make the list a little longer than two. :P Several old approved but not-added combo elements added too.As for drinking (intoxicants), given that this is meant to be aimed at kids, sorry but not gonna approve that. Not as a regular part of the culture or anything in the CC anyways. Presumably there would be toxins that could produce such effects, but they'd probably all be illegal or frowned upon. Certainly Kyn would not want to incapacitate himself in such a way, no superior Champion would. Too risky.Edit: I went ahead and assigned these images to these fan-submitted masks:Kanohi Leveni, the Mask of Armor Generationtaipu_2.pngCreates a layer of armor over the user's body, made of any substance the user makes contact with. For example if the user touches metal, the mask creates metal armor. The thickness and durability of the armor varies between Noble and Great. The armor is much more powerful if it is made of the user's element, such as Stone or Ice. Suggested by Iranu. Image by Taipu1.Kanohi Uah, the Mask of Ambush Protectiontaipu_4.pngProtects the user from sneak attacks and ambushes, but is useless against attacks the wearer is aware of. If the user is ambushed or sneak attacked, the mask delivers a counterattack at about twice the power of the strike, making it a complement of the Kanohi Hau. The mask is always on at a low level. Suggested by Toa Nidhiki05. Image by Taipu1.Mask of Calculationtaipu_3.pngAllows the wearer to make complex mathematical calculations in moments. Suggested by Makuta of Xhini Nui. Image by Taipu1.^^ That's the one the crime syndicate Makuta in Current Events wears. :)Kanohi Cehau, the Mask of Mental Shieldingtaipu_1.pngProtects the user from mental attacks, giving them the ability of a Ce-Matoran. Especially useful for fighting enemies like Makuta or Toa of pisonics. Offers no protection from physical attacks. Suggested by Ohehlo. Image by Taipu1. Kanohi Bianeri, the Mask of Technopathyrouhrik.pngAllows communication with clockwork brains and crystal computing matrices. Can also be used to view video disks, or music/videos/files on a computer in your mind. Also allows you to give orders to a computer/Gadget without a keyboard/microphone/etc. It can be used to get through computer bugs, or quickly find files in a computer, however most of the same restrictions (e.g. passwords, video quality) apply as with standard computing.Similar to Biomechanics but more specialized; it cannot control mechanical functions (unless a computer can be used to control them), but it is more powerful and easier to use than Biomechanics' technopathy ability. Commonly used on Enlightened by hackers, and on other planets by pilots/machine operators. Suggested by Tlhikan. Image by bonesiii.Kanohi Camarko, the Mask of Inertiaturiki.pngAmplifies inertia for the user, making you virtually unstoppable and with unlimited stamina the more you move in one direction, but the user cannot change directions and finds it difficult to stop moving.Alternatively, the user can stand in one place and become immovable, but the user would have a hard time leaving the spot or even moving at all if they stand still too long. If the user does stay in one position too long, their mechanical parts lock in position, eventually killing you through starvation or thirst. Suggested by TLhikan. Image by bonesiii.

Edited by bonesiii

Before the development of nanites in year 150, was the City still built in the protosilver style it is today? In other words, did it look anything like the picture in the guide, or was it more like a giant hacker camp of macrochips, except much more stylishly organized?On a related note, the guide says that the reason we know so much about Izumal is that a hacker escaped from it about a hundred years ago. What was known before then? (Or, put another way, what would the guide have looked like if written in year 399?)

current_events_sigbanner.png

1) More like a giant hacker camp. Probably the buildings didn't go nearly as tall. It's possible the gold non-nanite frameworks were begun then and Macrochips built around them for walls, but for the most part the original city no longer exists in any form. It was all recycled for materials, or parts stolen by escaping hackers around that time.2) I very nearly did write the guide that way to be more mysterious, so that's something I've thought about. Since it was basically inspired by Flight of the Navigator, a movie with an alien ship made of a sometimes solid, sometimes liquid-flowing silver material, with a very mysterious tone to it, I would point to that movie as how it would have been done.Even now the feeling of awe the characters in that movie had towards that ship is still felt in Aethion even though they have a basic understanding of how it's possible now, mainly because they don't know how to begin making it themselves and because of how superior those who weild it are in every situation.Questions like this will be minimally explored in the Season 1 finale, in fact, so I might have opportunity in flashbacks to elaborate on these answers in-story soon. :)

Edited by bonesiii

Hello Bones, couple of questions:First, Water Hills and Ghost Bubbles aren't listed under the mysteries that shouldn't be solved in the 100-page guide; Does this mean that the Cipher Chronicles won't cover them?Second, did you have any thoughts on the Mask(s) of Friction/Antifriction question I brought up?Thirdly, have you put any more thought into Matoran sub-powers for the various EM elements, and do those powers exist for Matoran of Combo elements?Also, a Mask!The Mask of Transcription: Not very useful for combat, but invaluable of secretaries, spies, and the like; The user can turn "on" the mask, which will telekinetically carve whatever the user thinks "loudly" onto a tablet in the user's hands. The Great version allows the user to transcribe anything that he hears without having to think about it.-TLhikan

"So I'm TL now?"

The Mask of Transcription:Not very useful for combat, but invaluable of secretaries, spies, and the like; The user can turn "on" the mask, which will telekinetically carve whatever the user thinks "loudly" onto a tablet in the user's hands. The Great version allows the user to transcribe anything that he hears without having to think about it.-TLhikan
I like the idea, but the whole carving into a tablet thing seems a tad inconvenient. Perhaps the Mask could somehow commit these things to memory, and the user can reactivate the mask later on to recall exactly what had been thought/said, and possibly write it out then.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Hello Bones, couple of questions:First, Water Hills and Ghost Bubbles aren't listed under the mysteries that shouldn't be solved in the 100-page guide; Does this mean that the Cipher Chronicles won't cover them?Second, did you have any thoughts on the Mask(s) of Friction/Antifriction question I brought up?Thirdly, have you put any more thought into Matoran sub-powers for the various EM elements, and do those powers exist for Matoran of Combo elements?Also, a Mask!The Mask of Transcription:Not very useful for combat, but invaluable of secretaries, spies, and the like; The user can turn "on" the mask, which will telekinetically carve whatever the user thinks "loudly" onto a tablet in the user's hands. The Great version allows the user to transcribe anything that he hears without having to think about it.-TLhikan
1) I probably just hadn't thought of them until I was writing the Enlightened section later, as I recall. We do plan to cover them in the Cipher Chronicles.2) Sorry I forgot to answer... Let's see... quote...
Also, Bones, about masks: In the BP, you have the Mask of Antifriction, which makes stuff more slippery. In an old epic I made, I just had one mask that controls friction of all types (and worked with air resistance) too, so I was wondering if in the EM we would have three masks: The BP Mask of Antifriction, the Mask of Friction, and the Mask of Air Resistance?
Well there is also the mask of Adherence from the BP which I think is basically what you mean by Friction. I suppose it's not quite the same though, as Adherence is like glue, so pulling up from a floor would be stopped too, while friction only includes sideways motion resistance. Pretty sure there's no mask of Air resistance yet so that should be okay. Can you write up bios for those two?3) There was a wiki page devoted to Matoran sub-powers I'll get around to eventually (to be added to the current Elements post in the reference topic). There was some discussion of it on the old forums, and although I don't have it up now, pretty sure some answers did get up on that page.4) Me likey! Approved.(Me wantey. :P)
The Mask of Transcription:Not very useful for combat, but invaluable of secretaries, spies, and the like; The user can turn "on" the mask, which will telekinetically carve whatever the user thinks "loudly" onto a tablet in the user's hands. The Great version allows the user to transcribe anything that he hears without having to think about it.-TLhikan
I like the idea, but the whole carving into a tablet thing seems a tad inconvenient. Perhaps the Mask could somehow commit these things to memory, and the user can reactivate the mask later on to recall exactly what had been thought/said, and possibly write it out then.
That sounds more like the Paracosmos Mask of Memory. Edited by bonesiii

I know Olmak Anomalies can cause memory loss, and that it varies in intensity, but in some cases can it be permanent?
It would seem so, yes- at least, that's what Zuruk's example suggests:
Zuruk believes himself to be hundreds of years old, but his current life started around 100 years ago when he was teleported to Industrial via the Olmak Effect. He lost his memories in transit. Not knowing who he was or where he came from, he had to make a new life from scratch on Industrial. He believes he may have been from Enigma, because nobody reported anybody missing when he first appeared. When he reappeared, he claimed to have found confirmation of that on Enigma, but that he decided to return.
One hundred years sounds rather more permanent than mild temporary memory loss.
current_events_sigbanner.png

Yep.

Alrighty, Masks: The Mask of Friction: Allows the user to increase the friction between two surfaces. This Kanohi cannot decrease the friction below the natural levels present.(Not sure what else there is to say about it.)The Mask of Air Resistance: Allows the user to decrease or increase the level that air restricts their movement. The Great version allows the user to do this without restricting their own breathing, meaning that the wearer can move as if in total vacuum or hold himself in solid air while breathing normally.Wadya think?

Yep.
Shortest bonesiii post ever. -TLhikan

"So I'm TL now?"

Mask idea in progress:Mask of ReturnObjects thrown returns to the thrower if wearing the mask. Only works in the air.-Tomdroidser

Featuring: Arkham Firefly/The LEGO Movie Quiz

Now Entering: The Rise of DarkSaber
Two personal thanks to Black Six for Proto Boost.
(Expired) Topics: HF MOC BBC #69 Entry: Jaller Inika Rebuilt 

There is no such thing as perfection, except in being yourself.kanohi_avkama.gif

Alrighty, Masks:The Mask of Friction: Allows the user to increase the friction between two surfaces. This Kanohi cannot decrease the friction below the natural levels present.(Not sure what else there is to say about it.)The Mask of Air Resistance: Allows the user to decrease or increase the level that air restricts their movement. The Great version allows the user to do this without restricting their own breathing, meaning that the wearer can move as if in total vacuum or hold himself in solid air while breathing normally.Wadya think?
Yep.
Shortest bonesiii post ever.-TLhikan
Both approved. And adding...
Mask idea in progress:Mask of ReturnObjects thrown returns to the thrower if wearing the mask. Only works in the air.-Tomdroidser
We already have the EM + canon:
Mask of Reboundingsml_rebound.pngreboundsml.pngA projectile thrown will be forced to bounce off its target and return to you, if the mask is activated in time. Uses a slight amount of telekinetic power, so if the user focuses on it harder, the rebounding is more accurate, mainly useful for if the user is moving.

We already have the EM + canon:
Mask of Reboundingsml_rebound.pngreboundsml.pngA projectile thrown will be forced to bounce off its target and return to you, if the mask is activated in time. Uses a slight amount of telekinetic power, so if the user focuses on it harder, the rebounding is more accurate, mainly useful for if the user is moving.
Then how about this:Mask of ReturnMakes an object return to a previous location as soon as the mask is triggered or after a set amount of time. When object returns, it appears to disintegrate from previous location only to reform at set location. Location can be a certain place or certain person. Wearer must focus on object to return.-Tomdroidser

There is no such thing as perfection, except in being yourself.kanohi_avkama.gif

It's better, but I'm worried it is overpowered. We already have several masks that are great for finding lost objects for example. That would make those seems rather pointless. Perhaps the user has to first "paint" it with an invisible energy when it's in their possession (in close proximity that is), or else it will be inaccessible, and there should be a limit of how much energy they can have on objects at a time. So depending on how large the objects are the number painted at a time would be limited. Just one idea, if you have a better suggest away. :)

There is already, from my Paracosmos masks:Kanohi Fiuwa, the Mask of Ductilitygreat_ductility.pngsml_ductility.pngLets the user make targets flexible without interfering with their physical structure, including user and living targets.(1st is Great, 2nd is Noble.)Of course, I didn't specifically mentioning stretching limbs. I do see that as a possibility for it. I could add that note with partial credit to you, if you like. :)

Actually, I think the stretching power would be better as its own, separate mask, since it doesn’t sound like the Mask of Ductility was originally conceived with super-stretching in mind. I think a separate “Mask of Elasticity” specifically for allowing the user to stretch his/her body is a good idea. I actually thought of suggesting that a long time ago after making the below design with no power in mind (it just looked like “elasticity” to me when I was done, heh).Even if the idea for a separate mask for Elasticity is rejected, here is the mask design I was going to use, since I didn’t have a power in mind while drawing it. So if anyone wants to suggest assigning it to another power, I'm open to the idea so it doesn’t go to waste ( :P).maskofelasticity.png

I would guess the gold Hau looking one. It would seem to fit with that idea. If you've got the time Bones, I wouldn't mind those masks being "reinterpretted" a bit. The details are all their, and I'd say pretty good, but the artwork seems mediocre alongside all the other masks.
If you're giving permission for re-draws, I wouldn't mind volunteering to maybe do them in my style (which is very close to bonesiii’s PowerPoint style), since I like drawing masks but have trouble conceiving good looking original designs. I may also do noble versions if that’s alright. (I just want to be sure that you’re giving the ‘OK’ for that, since I don’t like to redraw other peoples’ designs without their permission).Adieu,- MechaFizz

Perhaps, if we wanted to create two different masks, we could have Ductility be purely bending the wearer's body, while Elasticity gives the wearer the ability to stretch their limbs without actually bending them; In the case of the second, you could make your arm five feet long, but still only be able to bend it along the elbow, wrist, etc.Of course, with the Inakko, you could have both...-TLhikan

"So I'm TL now?"

If you're giving permission for re-draws, I wouldn't mind volunteering to maybe do them in my style (which is very close to bonesiii’s PowerPoint style), since I like drawing masks but have trouble conceiving good looking original designs. I may also do noble versions if that’s alright. (I just want to be sure that you’re giving the ‘OK’ for that, since I don’t like to redraw other peoples’ designs without their permission).Adieu,- MechaFizz
Go ahead, I've seen a lot of your work, I certainly couldn't ask for better. I try to do the powerpoint style thing, but it helps not to have a version that's 12 years out of date. :P Of course I just could be making excuses for my lack of talent. Edited by Taipu1

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Getting a bit off the EM topic, but Bones has two blog guides here and here. I believe those are archive links, I just copied the locations off his blog side bar, I haven't checked.EDIT: They are archive links, somethings up with them, they don't work though, so I'll wait for Bonesiii to elaborate.

Edited by Taipu1

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

I'm for a separate mask for limb stretching is good (although a name like Elasticity alone is confusing with Ductility. And that mask is awesome, Mecha.But I do think that minimal stretching, as in rubbery, with the Mask of Ductility, does need to be added to that description. Let's say this secondary mask doesn't make the body flexible but extends the limbs far, far more than Ductility. I also don't like the idea of the other mask only extending and not bending; they'd become super easy to just snap off... which could get violent. But bending and stretching just the limbs could work.The "Best Of" link in my sig has updated links to the Powerpoint art guides. :) The exact location of the options is out of date for the new Powerpoint but it shouldn't be too hard to find the equivalents. Myself I actually use a freeware version of it now, not Powerpoint (OpenOffice Draw), since I got the new laptop I'm using now. I would recommend it for anyone who doesn't already have Powerpoint because it costs no money, although some of the options work very differently.

Okay, thanks. I've started on the Mask of Stress Detection (which I'm thinking of 3D printing later for my self MOC :) ), and I'll work on the others later. For most of them, I already thought of a mask designs for my old Epic, the Lost 36, so it should go quickly once I have an idea of what I'm doing.And you really should update that guide, Bonesii. Now there's Radial gradients that allow curves, as well as a lot of other nice tools like Line Up Edges, not to mention the new locations of everything.

I've given up on the Mask of Return and thought of others, although possibly incomplete:Mask of TechnoformTurns wearer to computer data that can move between the Aethion Multiverse and its Cyberverse counterpart. Can be used near information terminals, machines, or robots. If possessing robot, then wearer can override robot's AI, if any, and take over. Wearer is prone to Cyberverse viruses and data manipulation when mask is active.Mask of MentalformTurns wearer into pure mental energy. Wearer needs physical contact with target unless wearer has a psionic connection with target. Mentalform is prone to target's thoughts, ideas, dreams, etc. Mentalform can cloak or reveal their occupation of targets mind.-Tomdroidser

I had a go myself at redoing the image for the Kanohi Leveni, using Openoffice Drawing. It's way better than using Powerpoint 2000 for starters, and I think this image is a lot better.

leveni.png

If Mechafizz doesn't come up with anything for this particular mask, can this be made the official image? Anything Mechafizz does will probably be significantly better though.Is there a list of masks without an image assigned to them yet? I wouldn't mind a crack at something fresh.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Well, here's the Mask of Stress Detection, my second attempt at Powerpoint Vector Art:kanohistress.pngHow's that? I'm thinking I might not want to do it black, but that's the original color for it, so I'm not sure.

Well, here's the Mask of Stress Detection, my second attempt at Powerpoint Vector Art:kanohistress.pngHow's that? I'm thinking I might not want to do it black, but that's the original color for it, so I'm not sure.
Another colour might be a good idea, just to try and make the contrast better. I had to tilt the screen in order to see some of the details, as it just looked like a silhouette at first. It's very good though, once you can make out the details.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles