Expanded Multiverse Discussion Topic

Okay, thanks. I've started on the Mask of Stress Detection (which I'm thinking of 3D printing later for my self MOC :) ), and I'll work on the others later. For most of them, I already thought of a mask designs for my old Epic, the Lost 36, so it should go quickly once I have an idea of what I'm doing.And you really should update that guide, Bonesii. Now there's Radial gradients that allow curves, as well as a lot of other nice tools like Line Up Edges, not to mention the new locations of everything.
Yeah, I may try to. I can use my brother's laptop to check the Powerpoint details. But a guide for OpenOffice Draw is what I'd really like to do since it is free, and in some ways superior to Powerpoint. One of my favorite aspects of Draw is you can create new colors that remain in the list permanently, unlike Powerpoint's "only the recent mixes" system. Dunno if that was changed in new ppt versions though.
I've given up on the Mask of Return and thought of others, although possibly incomplete:Mask of TechnoformTurns wearer to computer data that can move between the Aethion Multiverse and its Cyberverse counterpart. Can be used near information terminals, machines, or robots. If possessing robot, then wearer can override robot's AI, if any, and take over. Wearer is prone to Cyberverse viruses and data manipulation when mask is active.Mask of MentalformTurns wearer into pure mental energy. Wearer needs physical contact with target unless wearer has a psionic connection with target. Mentalform is prone to target's thoughts, ideas, dreams, etc. Mentalform can cloak or reveal their occupation of targets mind.-Tomdroidser
Both of those work. Approved. :)
I had a go myself at redoing the image for the Kanohi Leveni, using Openoffice Drawing. It's way better than using Powerpoint 2000 for starters, and I think this image is a lot better.
leveni.png

If Mechafizz doesn't come up with anything for this particular mask, can this be made the official image? Anything Mechafizz does will probably be significantly better though.Is there a list of masks without an image assigned to them yet? I wouldn't mind a crack at something fresh.

Since you'd just given him permission to redo that, I'll wait for his input. :) But it's pretty good.In general, guys, the main thing I would suggest is at least a little transparent white and black overlays for light reflecting off the parts closest to a light source, and for shading. This especially helps define masks' shapes. More below.As for masks without images, in the Reference topic I divided the Masks reference into three posts. The first is the original 30ish EM masks, which all have images, and the second is my Paracosmos masks, which I believe all have images except some lack Noble versions.Therefore all the ones without mask shapes are in the Fan-Submitted post, here.
Well, here's the Mask of Stress Detection, my second attempt at Powerpoint Vector Art:kanohistress.pngHow's that? I'm thinking I might not want to do it black, but that's the original color for it, so I'm not sure.
Another colour might be a good idea, just to try and make the contrast better. I had to tilt the screen in order to see some of the details, as it just looked like a silhouette at first. It's very good though, once you can make out the details.
Black alone can be fine, but the key IMO is to go heavy on the reflected light effects. It can help just to add a single layer of not-so-trans white, just to define the shape. But if you want to get even more realistic, look how I handled it for my Paracosmos Mind Slavery and Self-Mutation:mind_slavery_ppt.pngself-mutation_ppt.pngIf you look closely at the forehead of Self-Mutation, you can see I did that by overlapping sections of trans-white. Each smaller than the last. Now to make a good gradient that way can be difficult, and you can also cheat sometimes by using the predefined gradients. But something I did for the recent Cleanbot image for Cipher Chronicles 5's review link was I drew all the transwhite sections with red outlines, so I could more easily see the borders, while zoomed in closely. Then, once it was all done, I just removed the red lines. I did this mainly on the brush. Once zoomed out, you can't see any layering at all:ce_rev.pngThe layers there are tinted brown, not pure trans-white, though. With Mind Slavery, I did the same thing with trans-white, but without the red lines, and it was a lot harder to keep it accurate. So there's some tips that might help.But it doesn't have to be so extensive as those. Mecha's example of the limb-stretching mask on the previous page shows some simpler lighting that could work for you:maskofelasticity.pngBTW guys, remember I need 100 x 100 sized images for the reference topic. Edited by bonesiii

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Okay, try this then:kanohistress2.pngThere weren't too many places I could apply the lighting, and I tried to fix any misaligned lines I had from when it was black, but I like it a bit better now. It should also be the right size.And, if you would like to recolor it, add more light, or anything else, here's the .ppx

Added the Ramos (good design!) and Stress detection images, and tomdroidser's latest two powers.Still awaiting Mecha's opinion about Leveni. Yanno, part of why I assigned that one was the gray color, actually, fitting armor. Might wanna think about that. The name, Leveni, fits green though. Maybe some gray, the lower part especially, and some green would be cool. Of course, the color isn't really important and the shape also fits the power well. So just a suggestion. :)Can someone 100ify the limb-stretching image? Don't worry about the bio; I'll do that plus modify my original Ductility to differentiate the two.

Edited by bonesiii

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

I decided on “Elasticity” for the mask because I figured it was basically the same thing as the Makuta/Kraata/Rahkshi power, but I do see where it can get confusing with Ductility. The main difference in the powers, as I conceived it, would be that Ductility works on things other than the users body in addition to it but offers little in the way of stretching, while Elasticity would be exclusive the user’s body and grant full control of stretching and deformation of their entire body (not just limbs, they could use their abdomen or neck too).And for fun, here’s an Elasticity Kraata-colored Mask of Elasticity(?):maskofelasticity_kraatacolor.pngAnd here’s the 100x100 in original colors:maskofelasticity_100x100.pngAnd here’s my redraw of the Ce-Hau (with a few minor detail changes due to artistic license):ce-hau_head.png ce-hau.pngce-hau100x100.pngI feel as though I’m a little rusty, I’m not sure I did the mask justice :/As for the little issue with the Leveni, I really don’t mind who gets the “official” image at all. Since Taipu was the original designer, it seems reasonable to me that he get preference for that reason alone. Although, I’m honestly going to probably do the whole set of four because I’m a completionist like that (gotta have the full set! :P) unless Real Life gets in the way. Same goes for the prospect of doing Noble versions – might do ‘em if I have time. Also, a grey-green gradient might look nice on the Leveni. :)On the “Mask of Return” – I see potential in it, and I actually had a character in one of my old EM short stories (Ignoble Hero) using a power similar to the one described for the mask to summon his spear, but I never explained its nature. I think some good restraints for it would be (1) user must have had recent contact with the object (something like a week, maybe), (2) object cannot be more massive than user, (3) and the object must be able to be held by the user (so no ridiculously awkward things, like summoning pianos to drop on an enemy’s head like we’re in an old 90’s cartoon :P).Adieu,- MechaFizz

maskofelasticity_kraatacolor.pngDude, that is a masterpiece. You should 100ize that; I'd love to have that in the ref topic. :biggrin: I could show both versions. And you make good points about the limits of the power. I'll try to incorporate that. [Edit: Elasticity added; on second thought, I do think the name is distinct enough, as it emphasizes stretching. Distinction between it and Ductility noted now in both their bios.]I also agree completely with your list of limits for Return. I do think it's a good idea, so let's put it in there with a mix of what you just said and tomdroidser's original bio. If someone else wants to write its bio go for it, otherwise I might have time later.
Okay, Mask of Electric Charge, just how I pictured it for my epic, including the silver-green blend:kanohitechnocharge.png
Looks nice! Adding the latest images now. :) Edited by bonesiii

Aaand, I thought I'd finish off the night with the Mask of Scrying, a pretty awesome mask inspired by Bonesii's Ruthless Elegance. :)kanohiscrying.pngStill not sure about the top, I had an idea kind of like inset headlights/torpedo tubes (picture this, without glass and longer) facing upwards, but they looked worse, so I tried this out. Any other suggestions?And, the .pptx if anyone's interested.

Edited by Click

And here’s my redraw of the Ce-Hau (with a few minor detail changes due to artistic license):ce-hau_head.png ce-hau.pngce-hau100x100.pngI feel as though I’m a little rusty, I’m not sure I did the mask justice :/As for the little issue with the Leveni, I really don’t mind who gets the “official” image at all. Since Taipu was the original designer, it seems reasonable to me that he get preference for that reason alone. Although, I’m honestly going to probably do the whole set of four because I’m a completionist like that (gotta have the full set! :P) unless Real Life gets in the way. Same goes for the prospect of doing Noble versions – might do ‘em if I have time. Also, a grey-green gradient might look nice on the Leveni. :)
You did the mask more justice than I did. Your images definitely get more of a sense of depth than mine do. I imagine what you'll come out with for the Leveni will be better as well. I did the mask more or less as a practice after I installed Openoffice. Don't be put off by it.
Still not sure about the top, I had an idea kind of like inset headlights/torpedo tubes (picture this, without glass and longer) facing upwards, but they looked worse, so I tried this out. Any other suggestions?
The Porsche mask? :P I'd say its probably difficult to pull off because the depth at the top of the mask needs exaggerating. Perhaps make the top longer, and apply some more of Bonesiii's lighting effects? Then have another go at the headlamp tube. Only do that if you're gonna try the tube though. Edited by Taipu1

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

I think it looks awesome as is! :) Adding it.

Can we show the characters corresponding to the BZP staff in an EM epic as long as we don't describe them?
Yes. :)

Leveni and 100-fied Kraata-colored Mask of Elasticity done :)leveni_head.png leveni.pngleveni100x100.png maskofelasticity_kraatacolor_100x100.pngI just had to try the grey-green gradient on the Leveni (it's an alliteration after all!). Also here is the link to the majhost folder that I’ll be using for EM masks I’ve drawn if anyone ever needs one for anything.Also, just a question I’ve been curious about:Could a Mask of Incomprehension be used to disrupt computer programming, such as that in Gadgets, crystal-based memory systems, and Izumal tech? If so, it seems like the mask would be an invaluable tool for hackers who want to cause a bit of short-term chaos.Adieu,- MechaFizz

Edited by MechaFizz

Pix added.

Also, just a question I’ve been curious about:Could a Mask of Incomprehension be used to disrupt computer programming, such as that in Gadgets, crystal-based memory systems, and Izumal tech? If so, it seems like the mask would be an invaluable tool for hackers who want to cause a bit of short-term chaos.
I don't think it could mess with actual computer code, but anything displayed visually on a screen or sound from speakers it can. I would say signals sent by radio would be a yes, too, since that's related to light, but not subspace. Edited by bonesiii

I can't pinpoint what you've done to pull it off Mechafizz, but the masks expression is a lot more aggressive, I like it. I don't know that the colour technically matters, but I would say that just another patch of green gradient on the chin would balance it out, as the greens all around the eye area at the moment. That aside, no question, it's better than the one I did, so Bones can add your version to the reference topic. By the way what program are you using to make your masks? Because you said your style was similar to Bonesiii's powerpoint style, which implies it's not powerpoint. Just wondering.Also I think Bonesiii just Ninja'd me and has added the pictures to the reference topic while I was typing this. :P

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

I can't pinpoint what you've done to pull it off Mechafizz, but the masks expression is a lot more aggressive, I like it. I don't know that the colour technically matters, but I would say that just another patch of green gradient on the chin would balance it out, as the greens all around the eye area at the moment. That aside, no question, it's better than the one I did, so Bones can add your version to the reference topic.
More aggressive? Really? I didn’t notice, but I’m glad it looks good :) And I took your advice and added some more green – you’re right, it looks a lot better!leveni_head_2.png leveni_2.png leveni100x100_2.pngAlso, I saw that the Mask of Sharpening doesn’t have an image, and I found an old design that I did that looks pretty sharp (pun unintended), so if everyone agrees, I suggest perhaps these designs for the Great and Noble Mask of Sharpening respectively:maskofsharpening_head.png maskofsharpening.pngsharpening_noble_head.png sharpening_noble.pngmaskofsharpening100x100.png sharpening_noble100x100.png
By the way what program are you using to make your masks? Because you said your style was similar to Bonesiii's powerpoint style, which implies it's not powerpoint. Just wondering.
Actually, I do use PowerPoint, by similar I meant that I think my style could be mistaken for bonesiii’s at a glance but is really a lot simpler, especially with some of my shading (partly due to laziness).Adieu,- MechaFizz

I like that first one for Sharpening, very nice!Not sure the second really looks similar enough (or very sharp :P). Noble is possible, but let's think about whether the second would work for a different power. Nothing comes to mind immediately though. [Edit: The big nostril-like effect makes me think of the Mask of Smell. But also looks like it could be an immoral power... Hm...]BTW, the mask I'd most want to see... Fizzified? :P is Calculation. Since that was the mask a character (a crime syndicate Makuta) wore in Current Events.

Edited by bonesiii

Well, once I read that description, I started picturing it a little bit, (before I saw the actual version), and came up with something like this:kanohicalculation.pngBut then, I mixed in a little bit of the other version, added some details, and made that! (.pptx file)Of course, I didn't give much thought to how feminine it looks, but ah well, you can always edit it anyways. :PAnyways, I'm still very interested in how Mechafizz interprets it, especially after his epic Mask of Sharpening (mostly the Noble, definitely use it!). Maybe mine could be the Noble version.

Edited by Click

It's very different, but yeah, as a Noble it would work great. :)And yeah, definitely will use the second mask he put up for Sharpening, for something or another.

Just searched through the reference topic, but I couldn't find any mask power that allows the teleportation of others. The Kualsi allows the user to teleport themselves to anywhere in their field of vision, but I'm looking for a medium where I can have a Skrall teleport in my epic. The Skrall can't use a kanohi, but if a Toa were to teleport him with theirs that would work.Is there a Kanohi I've missed with this ability, or is it something I can suggest?

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Just searched through the reference topic, but I couldn't find any mask power that allows the teleportation of others. The Kualsi allows the user to teleport themselves to anywhere in their field of vision, but I'm looking for a medium where I can have a Skrall teleport in my epic. The Skrall can't use a kanohi, but if a Toa were to teleport him with theirs that would work.Is there a Kanohi I've missed with this ability, or is it something I can suggest?
A Makuta (or Rahkshi) or a member of Botar's species could teleport others, or an Anomaly. I can't think of any Kanohi that can teleport others, except for the Olmak which isn't in the Multiverse.Also, I have an idea for a Kanohi. My best name for it would be Mask of Quicker Sight. It would always be active, and allow the user to see at a much higher rate of frames per second. This Kanohi would allow the user to react more quickly to events, as they would "see faster". The drawback could be that the quality of the user's vision is decreased. It could probably be shaped with bug-type eyes, like a fruit fly, since flies have a very high FPS rate. Edited by Baron Von Nebula

Read my comedy, about the Hero Factory villains watching a television channel produced by our Spherus Magnan friends!

The Bionicle Channel

"I expect that when I write my next entry in this chronicle, I will be writing as uncontested ruler of the Brotherhood."

-Certainty, my Memoirs of the Dead entry

For teleporting others, as long as we're talking about a short range thing, I could approve a new mask. It could run the risk of being overpowered though. Something like the Kualsi that teleports only the target to a visible destination maybe? And it should require them to agree with it, or else it would be an unstoppable weapon.Not sure I understand Quick Sight. It sounds very similar to masks we already have like Understanding, which could help you understand more complicated visual things at a glance for example. You couldn't turn your head or move your eyes any faster, right? I'm having trouble seeing how it would be useful.

Edited by bonesiii

A Makuta (or Rahkshi) or a member of Botar's species could teleport others, or an Anomaly. I can't think of any Kanohi that can teleport others, except for the Olmak which isn't in the Multiverse.Also, I have an idea for a Kanohi. My best name for it would be Mask of Quicker Sight. It would always be active, and allow the user to see at a much higher rate of frames per second. This Kanohi would allow the user to react more quickly to events, as they would "see faster". The drawback could be that the quality of the user's vision is decreased. It could probably be shaped with bug-type eyes, like a fruit fly, since flies have a very high FPS rate.
the "mask of quick sight" can be compared to the mask of sensory aptitude.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

For teleporting others, as long as we're talking about a short range thing, I could approve a new mask. It could run the risk of being overpowered though. Something like the Kualsi that teleports only the target to a visible destination maybe? And it should require them to agree with it, or else it would be an unstoppable weapon.
I'll go for the getting a new mask approved I reckon. Not sure about how the range would be limited, but I thought of a great way to completely stop it being a weapon. The user of the mask gives a target a teleportation ability, but the being who is teleported chooses the location. As a weapon it would therefore be completely redundant, you try and teleport your enemy away, and they just end up standing right behind you. It's effectively asking for a mutual agreement, because it would be pretty foolish to use it without agreements. I'll write out a description at some point.Once my new laptops arrived, I'll work on an image for Great and Noble, I reckon I've got the open office stuff to a better degree of quality now (Check out this Mask of Parabolic Vision).That way I'll have my name credited completely to a Mask in the reference topic, which would be epic. :biggrin:Also what's the policy with naming masks? I was thinking Kual-something, to show relation to that mask. Kualet sprang to mind for some reason. Edited by Taipu1

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

If an outsider was asked by Izumal to become an Agent and declined, they would attempt to hunt him down and imprison him, correct?Second, is it possible to use an Element Key with Blue Grime (or a Kanoka of Blue Energy, or even a Toa of that element) as the energy source?

If the Kanohi masks are a type of technology and most of the MU citizens are Biomechanical beings then how would a Kanohi mask recognize the difference between a Matoran and a Toa?

Muffin button

If an outsider was asked by Izumal to become an Agent and declined, they would attempt to hunt him down and imprison him, correct?
The impression I've got from Cipher Chronicles is that very few outsiders are asked to be Agents. When they are though, they seem to do it when the prospective Agent is not in a position to refuse, or at least a position where if they did refuse, imprisoning them would not be a problem.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

The impression I've got from Cipher Chronicles is that very few outsiders are asked to be Agents. When they are though, they seem to do it when the prospective Agent is not in a position to refuse, or at least a position where if they did refuse, imprisoning them would not be a problem.
Right. I assume Izumal only asks people who they consider dangerous for some reason or another.Did they simply get lucky and catch Merx in a position where he couldn't refuse, or did they plan everything? I think they probably would have wanted him as an Agent regardless of the fact that he was stuck on Tanuuk.Either way, basically my idea was for a Warzone champion to be asked to be an Agent. He declines, barely escapes, and leaves his life as a warrior and goes into hiding. I guess I'm asking if that would work.

If the Kanohi masks are a type of technology and most of the MU citizens are Biomechanical beings then how would a Kanohi mask recognize the difference between a Matoran and a Toa?

Muffin button

Taipu -- Yeah, that's a perfect solution for the mask. Approved tentatively. :P (Meaning I'm too lazy to write it so I'll wait for you to. :lol:) Kualet works fine. And a cool image. If you hundredify it I could include it alongside the sketched version. :)alpha, to your second question first in your earlier post, yes to Blue Grime but they would need an awful lot of it. It would be expensive and way to much to carry around with you. And definite yes to Kanoka/Mask/Toa of Blue Energy.Re: recruiting Agents -- one thing that was stated in the story so far is that to the public's current knowledge (esp. Hanashi, etc.), Izumal has never recruited outsiders. The two they did recruit recently were a total shock to Team Cipher.That said, now that we know they do, it's quite possible they may have "tried" in the past. I can't tell you whether or not they really would have, but since their motives are so unexplainable, it's plausible that he could get away, and it would be left up to the imagination whether they really wanted him to join or whether they had some other mysterious purpose. But you'd have to ensure that he wouldn't tell anybody so that the word of it can't spread to the public at large. And you also couldn't explain why they "tried."As for the reasons surrounding recruitment, you'll have to wait and see. I do have plans for it. :)

Edited by bonesiii

Okay, think I've come up with a full set of limitations to ensure the Kualet isn't overpowered.Kanohi Kualet - Mask of Surrogate Teleportation (Really not sure about that title, I was just fooling around with a thesaurus to try and find a title with as a few a words as possible)The user of the mask is able to teleport a living target in their field of vision to the targets chosen destination. If the target is unwilling to teleport, the mask will do nothing. The further away the chosen destination, the less precise the power is. Teleportation cannot penetrate the bluespace ceiling. Just to elaborate on the range thing, if the target is just being teleported from one side of a wall to another, that's pretty simple and will be done precisely. If the target is being teleported from BZ-Koro to Wiki-Nui, they couldn't be anymore accurate than a kio as to where they end up, and these longer distances are therefore inadvisable.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

alpha, to your second question first in your earlier post, yes to Blue Grime but they would need an awful lot of it. It would be expensive and way to much to carry around with you. And definite yes to Kanoka/Mask/Toa of Blue Energy.
Ah, OK. Thanks.
Re: recruiting Agents -- one thing that was stated in the story so far is that to the public's current knowledge (esp. Hanashi, etc.), Izumal has never recruited outsiders. The two they did recruit recently were a total shock to Team Cipher.That said, now that we know they do, it's quite possible they may have "tried" in the past. I can't tell you whether or not they really would have, but since their motives are so unexplainable, it's plausible that he could get away, and it would be left up to the imagination whether they really wanted him to join or whether they had some other mysterious purpose. But you'd have to ensure that he wouldn't tell anybody so that the word of it can't spread to the public at large.
Alright. Thanks. He has no intentions of telling anyone else, as he believes Izumal now wants him locked up or dead.
And you also couldn't explain why they "tried."
Got it. I can deal with that.

Muffin button

Well, Mask of Calculations has been “Fizzified”. Sorry it took a while; it gave me trouble trying to get it to look right. I changed a few details a bit, but it still is very close to the original.calculations.png calculations_head.pngcalculations_100x100.pngThough, I really love Click’s design and think that it actually may work better for the Makuta in Current Events. Since Makuta are shape shifters and we’ve seen multiple designs for the same mask canonically, namely Tahu and Lhikan’s Hau, it wouldn’t be too much of a stretch to say that Click’s is the one worn by said Makuta.

Not sure the second really looks similar enough (or very sharp ). Noble is possible, but let's think about whether the second would work for a different power. Nothing comes to mind immediately though. [Edit: The big nostril-like effect makes me think of the Mask of Smell. But also looks like it could be an immoral power... Hm...]
I think the Great and Noble designs for the Mask of Sharpening actually are rather similar (though I may be biased as the designer). I put the two next to each other and pointed out the similarities in aspects of their designs and details, such as the narrow eyes, pronounced “cheekbones”, and pointedness in the chin.sharp_compare.pngAdditionally, official shapes for respective Great and Noble masks don’t always have immediately striking similarities that jump out at you. Take the Komau for example. If you look, you can spot similarities (or make them up with Jedi mind tricks :P), but the two don’t scream their similarities to you by any means. Really, this holds true for any of the Toa Metru/Mata Nui Turaga’s masks. The others have details in common that clue you in more quickly, but they are still very distinct. And then there’s the Miru, Kakama, and Akaku, but those were retro-active examples, so they can almost be dismissed.[Edit:]I dug up an old design that looks fairly cool, but I'm not sure if it really works as a mask. I'll let you guys weigh in and decide if it works for any existing powers or is cool enough to warrant a new one (maybe a Mask of Biting :P).unnamedmask.pngAdieu,- MechaFizz Edited by MechaFizz

New mask idea:Mask of WingsAllows user to grow wings. Gaining wings also slightly increases strength. Wings vary from person to person.-Tomdroidser

Featuring: Arkham Firefly/The LEGO Movie Quiz

Now Entering: The Rise of DarkSaber
Two personal thanks to Black Six for Proto Boost.
(Expired) Topics: HF MOC BBC #69 Entry: Jaller Inika Rebuilt 

There is no such thing as perfection, except in being yourself.kanohi_avkama.gif

A few more mask designs I thought of a while ago that I wanted to try out, since everyone else is. :DMask of Perception: (Not sure about the name) Notice any displacements in water, air, etc. currents, like sensing something swimming underwater or notice when a door is open and air flows in.Featherweight: (I think this might already be a power) Make objects (or user) lighter.Connection: Create a link between two objects on contact, can travel between or see surroundings of other object when touching the first.Retrieving: (I think might also be a power) Basically Harry Potter's Accio charm.Decision: Accelerates Reaction time and decision making process, and also slightly influences to make the user pick the best course of action.Need: (Maybe a little over powered) A mask that's always active, and when the user is in need of something, it creates it, as long as the user can hold up the object. For example, if a user is caught in an ambush without a weapon, the mask will materialize the best weapon for the enemy.Emphasis: Kind of difficult to explain, it "points out" important elements of a scene based on the user's current goals. For example, shows a small piece of evidence in a crime a user is investigating, or shows the weak points of a structure for a constructor or a sabatour. Some consider it immoral due to its latter use.Recognition: Identifies any being in the user's range of sight using slight telepathy powers, as well as their element, species, power, etc. Also boosts the user's mental capacity to deal with overload of information.

New mask idea:Mask of WingsAllows user to grow wings. Gaining wings also slightly increases strength. Wings vary from person to person.-Tomdroidser
Hmm, how does this help compared to, say, Levitation, Flight, or Shapeshifting?
A few more mask designs I thought of a while ago that I wanted to try out, since everyone else is. :biggrin:Mask of Perception: (Not sure about the name) Notice any displacements in water, air, etc. currents, like sensing something swimming underwater or notice when a door is open and air flows in.Featherweight: (I think this might already be a power) Make objects (or user) lighter.Connection: Create a link between two objects on contact, can travel between or see surroundings of other object when touching the first.Retrieving: (I think might also be a power) Basically Harry Potter's Accio charm.Decision: Accelerates Reaction time and decision making process, and also slightly influences to make the user pick the best course of action.Need: (Maybe a little over powered) A mask that's always active, and when the user is in need of something, it creates it, as long as the user can hold up the object. For example, if a user is caught in an ambush without a weapon, the mask will materialize the best weapon for the enemy.Emphasis: Kind of difficult to explain, it "points out" important elements of a scene based on the user's current goals. For example, shows a small piece of evidence in a crime a user is investigating, or shows the weak points of a structure for a constructor or a sabatour. Some consider it immoral due to its latter use.Recognition: Identifies any being in the user's range of sight using slight telepathy powers, as well as their element, species, power, etc. Also boosts the user's mental capacity to deal with overload of information.
Perception: A tad vague, but works.Featherweight: Doesn't the Mask of Gravity allow for this?Contact: Hmm, maybe...Retrieving: If it works like the Accio, maybe,,,Decision: Somewhat vague.Need: What if I "need" a Nui Stone? Or a Olmak Totem?Emphasis: Hmm, maybe. Could point out details in the environment that are important to the wearer's destiny or something.Recognition: Cool power, but might be better as "Identification".

"So I'm TL now?"

"Yeah, 'cuz if we said it the other way it'd have to be TLhiKHAAN!!"

A few more mask designs I thought of a while ago that I wanted to try out, since everyone else is. :biggrin:...
Perception: A tad vague, but works.Featherweight: Doesn't the Mask of Gravity allow for this?Contact: Hmm, maybe...Retrieving: If it works like the Accio, maybe,,,Decision: Somewhat vague.Need: What if I "need" a Nui Stone? Or a Olmak Totem?Emphasis: Hmm, maybe. Could point out details in the environment that are important to the wearer's destiny or something.Recognition: Cool power, but might be better as "Identification".
Quoteception.Perception: How about this: Heightens the user's awareness of small changes in flows of air, water, etc. that the user is in contact with. Can be used to find if a door is opened or a sea creature is swimming.Featherweight: Yeah, I wasn't sure about that one anyways.Connection: Actually, it's based on a combination of the Crystal Continuum of Looking Glass Wars and Harry Potter Portkeys. Just picture something like that.Retrieving: I'm pretty sure others have suggested this, but this is my solution to the problem. It has limits based on unforeseen obstacles that may halt the flying object, speed based on mass of the object, and it can't pass through impenatrable areas like an enclosed fortress or Bluespace.Decision: Basically, when the user is confronted with a decision or an obstacle, the mask activates to give them time to react, and then it speeds up their decision process so they can execute the course of action they choose. If the user would agree with it, the mask also slightly impresses on them the best course of action.Think of it this way: A Toa is speeding through a desert on some kind of transport. An enemy drops an object in their path, so the mask activates to speed up their reaction time (usually a few seconds, now almost instantaneous), and their decision process, giving them an edge in deciding whether to stop, go around, or over the obstacle. The mask recognizes that they will probably not have time to stop, and the vehicle doesn't have enough propulsion to go over, so it influences the Toa to go around the obstacle, changing a potentially deadly situation into one easily handled. How's that work then?Need: Well, the user themselves wouldn't need a Toa Stone, considering they would need to be a Toa or Turaga to use it. If the user needed quick transport, though, the mask would just generate them a Mask of Quick Travel or something. I guess there should be a power limit on the generated objects. They also should dissolve once their use has been fulfilled.Emphasis: That seems like a good idea.Recognition: That makes sense, sure. Edited by Click

Taipu1 – I added the Mask of Surrogate Teleportation with that title. If yall can think of a better one I can edit it in. :) I was thinking something with the word “gift”, but I dunno.

calculations_100x100.pngThough' date=' I really love Click’s design and think that it actually may work better for the Makuta in Current Events. Since Makuta are shape shifters and we’ve seen multiple designs for the same mask canonically, namely Tahu and Lhikan’s Hau, it wouldn’t be too much of a stretch to say that Click’s is the one worn by said Makuta.[/quote']What do you think, Click? Should I use yours as Noble, or as an alternate form of the Great, which would be worn by that Makuta?Also, Mecha, I just meant that the Noble for Sharpening doesn't look very sharp, so maybe it could be for another power? We've got lots without shapes. But if you do want it to be the Noble I'll do that.
I dug up an old design that looks fairly cool, but I'm not sure if it really works as a mask. I'll let you guys weigh in and decide if it works for any existing powers or is cool enough to warrant a new one (maybe a Mask of Biting :P).unnamedmask.png
Cooooooool. *looks at powers...*Well, here's four in a row it might work for:Mask of VulnerabilityBasically the opposite of a Hau, just cast on another being. Considered immoral. Intensifies any weaknesses or vulnerabilities of someone. Suggested by Makuta of Xhini Nui.Mask of SuffocationMakes the victim unable to breathe, no matter what atmosphere they are in. Considered immoral. Suggested by Makuta of Xhini Nui.Mask of Faux DeathMakes the user appear to be dead (not breathing, no heartlight, limp, etc.). Effects can last up to a day for Great, a few hours for Noble. However, if someone were to use the mask for a prolonged time, they can actually die. Suggested by Makuta of Xhini Nui.Kanohi Zinak, the Mask of RageGives the user temporary super-strengh and near invulnerability for ten to twenty seconds, but takes away the ability to think, and any damage taken is felt later. Suggested by Emile-A239.And another:Kanohi Korruk, the Mask of IntimidationCauses the wearer to seem much more powerful and fearsome than he/she actually is. The mask can always be active, but it takes some focus to maintain (not much.) Once someone suspects the use of the Korruk, its effect on them will be subconscious only, and they can fight it down. Suggested by Lewa‘01.I don't know if it quite fits any of them. Thoughts?tomdroidser, what would the wings be made of?Click:
Mask of Perception: (Not sure about the name) Notice any displacements in water, air, etc. currents, like sensing something swimming underwater or notice when a door is open and air flows in.Featherweight: (I think this might already be a power) Make objects (or user) lighter.Connection: Create a link between two objects on contact, can travel between or see surroundings of other object when touching the first.Retrieving: (I think might also be a power) Basically Harry Potter's Accio charm.Decision: Accelerates Reaction time and decision making process, and also slightly influences to make the user pick the best course of action.Need: (Maybe a little over powered) A mask that's always active, and when the user is in need of something, it creates it, as long as the user can hold up the object. For example, if a user is caught in an ambush without a weapon, the mask will materialize the best weapon for the enemy.Emphasis: Kind of difficult to explain, it "points out" important elements of a scene based on the user's current goals. For example, shows a small piece of evidence in a crime a user is investigating, or shows the weak points of a structure for a constructor or a sabatour. Some consider it immoral due to its latter use.Recognition: Identifies any being in the user's range of sight using slight telepathy powers, as well as their element, species, power, etc. Also boosts the user's mental capacity to deal with overload of information.
Perception – The name could work, but I confused it with Perspective and had to look it up to see if it was already used, heh. 'Course, all that proves is I'm crosswired. Anyways, power approved. Any other suggestions for the name? If not, I'll just go with it.Featherweight – Hm.... I'm too tired to search thoroughly whether we already have this tonight. Except as Tlhikan said, Gravity could do it. Levitation perhaps. But it's possible.Contact – isn't the second part the same as Scrying? Also, I think it would need carefully defined limits. It seems like it would be setting up an Olmak Totem like system of teleportation. Would it work between planets? What about if an anomaly was in the line between the two objects as someone teleported? Or am I misinterpreting it to begin with lol?Retrieving – Just noting to check it we have it already. Tentative approval. :P Though a range definition would help.Decision – I think we have plenty powers like this, from Understanding to Logic to Calculation. It's already gotten kinda confusing, so let's not add to it...Need – Interesting. Definitely runs the risk of being overpowered... but I like the concept. Would it literally create any object the user needed? And one thing at a time, any material, etc.? Would it need to convert something else into the matter? Size limits, etc.Emphasis – Again, too similar to all the Understanding-class masks we already have, I think.Recognition – I think it should be noted that a skilled target might be able to block it, but otherwise, should be fine. And TL's suggestion of the name Identification would work too. I see in your latest post you agree, shall we use that instead?Sorry I wrote most of the above before I saw your latest post lol. I think most of it is still my answers...

Revising what I posted earlier:Mask of WingsAllows user to grow wings. Gaining wings also slightly increases strength. Wings vary from person to person. Can be used for offensive and defensive purposes. Wings are made with enough metal to be used as an effective shield, but organic enough to feel slight pain. A pure mechanical being will gain full metal wings, and the same concept applies to a pure organic being.-Tomdroidser

Featuring: Arkham Firefly/The LEGO Movie Quiz

Now Entering: The Rise of DarkSaber
Two personal thanks to Black Six for Proto Boost.
(Expired) Topics: HF MOC BBC #69 Entry: Jaller Inika Rebuilt 

There is no such thing as perfection, except in being yourself.kanohi_avkama.gif

That works; approved. :) Adding...