Expanded Multiverse Discussion Topic

For Mechafizz's Skull mask, I think that Faux Death or Suffocation would work best. Definitely seems immoral. Also seems like a mask you would use for your profile Bones. :DAnd for my masks:Perception: Great, it's approved! For the name, alternates maybe Displacement (sounds like a different mask), Flow Sense (seems like something you would come up with :P), or something like that.Featherweight: That's fine, just leave that one then.Contact: Yeah, I guess it's the same as scrying. Maybe just a connection between two objects that share common attributes (ex: two mirrors, two pieces of furniture by the same craftsman). Elda and Rode users can "see" the connection as well. I'm still not sure about this one though. I'll have to rethink it and repost it later.Retrieving: Well, it's practically limitless, but the user has to know it's approximate location, and it will have some travel time. :D Basically, if you want to transport a Kanoka from Enlightened to Warzone, it would have to first hit Bluespace, and thus destroy the object. If you try to get a full factory machine from Wiki-Nui to BZ-Koro, it would take a lot of focus and would travel extremely slowly, taking hours or days to get to your location. And maybe, if the mass is changed or something, the user breaks concentration and needs to refocus on the object.Decision: Okay then. I guess we have plenty then.Need: I guess it depends on what's available, it could harden nearby sand into a tool, or draw stone up, or maybe it would just generate. The user has no control over the mask, and it will only create the most basic thing that would satisfy their needs. So, no fancy dish if they are starving to death, or a Cordak Blaster where a simple blade would work. One thing at a time would make sense. I guess it is hard to limit this mask since it's basically a minor Mask of Creation. :DEmphasis: That's fine. Whatever works.Identification: Okay, so like OoMN members could guard against it for example. Sounds great!And, I quickly modified my mask to make something more feminine, Makuta-like, and like Mechafizz's (which still looks very nice, it has a lot more depth to it.). How's this for Anaana's mask?kanohicalculationanaana.pngAs for my other one, I think that would make a nice Noble mask.

Just to clarify, the Makuta in Current Events, who is male, is the Makuta I meant that was stated to have a Mask of Calculation. It would be a bit repetitive to have Anaana have the same power, but it's a good feminine form I can include too. :) So, are we agreed to use your other as the Noble, and Mecha's as the Current Events Makuta's Great version?I also don't recall if I already assigned a mask to Anaana or not... But if not, we -should- decide that as she'll play a major role in the Season 1 finale.Retrieving, would they have to first have come into contact with the object or something? (Sorry if you already said that, in a hurry today.)

The user has no control over the mask, and it will only create the most basic thing that would satisfy their needs.
That sentence would be great to be part of Need's bio.
I guess it is hard to limit this mask since it's basically a minor Mask of Creation.
Doesn't the Mask of Creation itself only give instructions for how to build something? *wikis*
The Mask of Creation allows its user to imagine a completed product from raw materials and learn how to construct it. It can also create an object if the user is already aware of how that object can be made.
I guess I've been wrong all this time about it lol. A little confused (couldn't it first teach someone and then they could just have it make it directly?) though... I wonder if anyone can provide a quote for that second sentence.Anywho... Need still needs more limits, methinks, but we're on the right track...Can you write up final bios for the approved ones?

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

I also don't recall if I already assigned a mask to Anaana or not... But if not, we -should- decide that as she'll play a major role in the Season 1 finale.
Makuta are fine with immoral masks (right?), but I'd imagine given Anaana's position it would not make a good impression to wear one, or at least one with an immoral shape, or wear it in public. Is there any Mask that could suit Anaana's paranoia about weapons that can breach protosteel armour?

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

She would probably not wear an immoral mask, no. But she has an unusual personality as I see her, so that might help factor into it.It would probably help to quote what I said about her in the guide, huh? *digs*

Union 1: The GuildSome nickname it "the G." Their tactics tend to be more rough and border on revolutionary.Totem: Enlightened (brings zero business).Union Boss: Makuta Anaanaah-NAH-ah-nuhA female Makuta with white armor who claims to be a Makuta of Light. The Guild's HQ is guarded by Rahkshi.26Her name is the Maori word for bright or polish.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Oh, oops, I thought Anaana was the Makuta with the Mask of Calculation. I'd have to read Current Events again. :PAs for Anaana's mask, maybe like a Hau, Kiril, or something. From the EM masks, Suppression or Opposing. Basically, Taipu1's suggestion makes sense.And official descriptions. How's this:Mask of PerceptionHeightens the user's awareness of small changes in flows of air, water, etc. that the user is in contact with. Can be used as a kind of radar.Mask of ConnectionCreates a temporary link between two similar items on contact with the user. Can be used as a kind of short-term teleportation. Mask of RetrievingWhen in use, a user can focus on an object to summon it to them. The speed of the summoning depends on the mass of the object, with massive objects going very slowly. As long as the concentration is maintained, the user can summon any object to them, as long as there is nothing in between them and the object.Mask of NeedA mask that is always active, it can subconsciously create the most basic object a user needs in a life or death situation. Cannot be controlled by the user. For example, a basic blade when they are caught in an ambush, or a small soup that would save them from starving to death.(Is that enough limitations?)Mask of IdentificationIdentifies any being within the user's range of sight and within 30 bio. Shows the user their name, species, element, and powers, unless blocked by mental training of the subject.

Mask of RetrievingWhen in use, a user can focus on an object to summon it to them. The speed of the summoning depends on the mass of the object, with massive objects going very slowly. As long as the concentration is maintained, the user can summon any object to them, as long as there is nothing in between them and the object.
Sorry if I wasn't clear enough. I meant to say that I think there needs to be a restriction like only objects the user has touched, perhaps recently. If they could literally retrieve -anything- it would be overpowered IMO. It would make it too easy to steal, for example.
Mask of NeedA mask that is always active, it can subconsciously create the most basic object a user needs in a life or death situation. Cannot be controlled by the user. For example, a basic blade when they are caught in an ambush, or a small soup that would save them from starving to death.(Is that enough limitations?)
I don't think it's enough. Perhaps something about the size -- which does seem implied, but yeah. Also a limit to how powerful this thing could be. Like, for example, if a whole clan is about to swoop down and due to overwhelming numbers kill a morally ambiguous Warzone Toa with this mask, as written it sounds like the Toa could basically create a bomb that would kill all of them.In other words, I think it should be stated that it's not guaranteed that what it creates will be enough to stop overwhelming force.Adding the other three, and those images... Edited by bonesiii

Hopefully the final draft to the Mask of Return:Mask of ReturnMakes an object return to a previous location as soon as the mask is triggered or after a set amount of time. When object returns, it appears to disintegrate from previous location only to reform at set location. Location can be a certain place or certain person. Wearer must focus on object to return. Mask can be used if set restrictions are met:1. User must have had recent contact with the object up to one week2. Object cannot be more massive than user3. The object must be able to be held by the user4. The object can't contain potentially unstable energy (ie. Energized Protodermis) or life energy (ie. Antidermis)I thank MechaFizz for the first three restrictions.-Tomdroidser

Featuring: Arkham Firefly/The LEGO Movie Quiz

Now Entering: The Rise of DarkSaber
Two personal thanks to Black Six for Proto Boost.
(Expired) Topics: HF MOC BBC #69 Entry: Jaller Inika Rebuilt 

There is no such thing as perfection, except in being yourself.kanohi_avkama.gif

Also, Mecha, I just meant that the Noble for Sharpening doesn't look very sharp, so maybe it could be for another power? We've got lots without shapes. But if you do want it to be the Noble I'll do that.
Ah, then I should apologize for my over-responding to the wrong point, then. Sorry, eheh (^_^)’Well, I suppose we can use it for a different power, but I personally see too much semblance between them. Perhaps you could tell me where to sharpen it and I can do that to make it look more like a noble version?
For Mechafizz's Skull mask, I think that Faux Death or Suffocation would work best. Definitely seems immoral.
I second this! Faux Death seems perfect since it does have a very skull-ish shape. But on the other hand the expression is so mean that Suffocation works as well. I just can’t decide which one I like better. Anyone want to be the tie-breaker?Also, I thought the Mask of Return/Retrieving or some power like them was already approved? Honestly, I think the two should be sort of combined into a single mask with pretty much the restrictions that tomdroidser listed but more in line with the power described by Click. So basically, a mask that summons an object that meets the parameters and allows the user to return the same object to the original location before it was summoned. I think that works out cleaner because Return alone seems like it could have some potentially wacky and random outcomes, especially if the user doesn’t know where that object’s been (now I’m imagining someone scolding the user: “Don’t Return that, you don’t know where it’s been!” :P).Also, also, what do you guys think of having a set of masks for the Vahki staff powers? So Masks of Command, Loyalty, Erasing, Suggestion, Presence, and Confusion? We might need to tweak some of them a bit, but I always like the idea. The only weird area is that the original staff powers were wielded by law enforcers, who are supposed to be “good”, yet since the Vahki were our villains for 2004 the powers were probably meant to sound “bad”. So the masks for them would either be immoral or really, really grey.Adieu,- MechaFizz

Yeah, tom, I must have gotten confused, because the Mask of Retrieving we were just working on is very similar. Yeah, let's try to fuse the two lists of restrictions. I'm too tired right now to try though. My apologies for probably causing this confusion lol.Mecha, that's a great idea to sharpen the Noble form. I'd say just a bit of spikes sticking off some of the corners somewhere, perhaps in roughly the same positions as the Great form. Maybe less of a number of spikes.As for the skull, I don't think Suffocation is quite as good, simply because the mask itself looks like teeth with some gaps you could breathe through. I know that doesn't quite matter since it's not the user to be suffocated but still. Faux Death seems perfect to me. So I'd like to put it for that one. Can you hundredify it? :)

Also, also, what do you guys think of having a set of masks for the Vahki staff powers? So Masks of Command, Loyalty, Erasing, Suggestion, Presence, and Confusion? We might need to tweak some of them a bit, but I always like the idea. The only weird area is that the original staff powers were wielded by law enforcers, who are supposed to be “good”, yet since the Vahki were our villains for 2004 the powers were probably meant to sound “bad”. So the masks for them would either be immoral or really, really grey.
We'd have to check them against existing powers, but in general I like the idea.Finally, this is just a note for my sake that I haven't put in the new pics for Calculation yet and need to get to it....

Comedies are allowed right? (I'm planning one, but it will be kind of serious as to not mess up the continuity).Also, what happened to the shards contest?
Comedies I believe are allowed, but you have to keep them within the realms of realism for the Multiverse. The shards contest was restarted a few weeks back, it's here. Edited by Taipu1

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Okay, here’s the Uah, and the last of the four “Fizzified” masks. I’m not entirely happy with it, so I’d really like some input as to whether or not it meets quality standard.uah.png uah_100x100.pngAlso, 100-fied Mask of Faux Death!fauxdeath_100.pngAlso, I skimmed over the approved the mask list, and I do not believe there is any overlap with the six Vahki staff powers. But I only skimmed, so I may have missed one or two or misread a power, but I think we’re okay.Also, also, on the subject of comedies, since they were just brought up, it is advised that we focus our humor more on cultural misunderstandings and character quirks rather than the trend of comedies to detach themselves from canon and make real world pop culture and meme references, correct? But additionally, if done properly, could we use somewhat surrealist devices and things that are definitely possible but not necessarily plausible to setup a humorous story? For example, a secret train racing circuit within the Alarist Underground, or a tournament style cooking competition in the vein of the real world Iron Chef TV series? Or perhaps even a character who speaks with an accent or dialect of Matoran that strongly resembles or is "translated" as a real world accent with foreign words sprinkled throughout their speech?Adieu,- MechaFizz

Edited by MechaFizz

I've put all the latest mask pics in. Yes, I think that Uah design's definitely up to standards.Depending on how close to the original designs these latest masks have been I have linked or kept the originals if it was different enough. Namely I kept the original version of the Mask of Calculation visible, explaining it in the note at the end. Mecha's version of that is now the standard Great form, which the criminal Makuta in Current Events probably wears. And Click's different design has been assigned as the Noble. Four images total there. For the Uah, it was similar enough to the original design I just noted that in the text.Alright, go ahead and write up the bios for the Vahki staff powers and I'll add them. :)Yeah, comedies are allowed, and the advice all of you mentioned about them makes sense. :) Basically use your judgement. It -is- possible to write a non-EM-canon comedy in the EM universe too, but yes, if you want it to be EM-canon those guidelines are for the best.

Edited by bonesiii

Here's another design I came up with, I felt it suited the Kanohi Hospok, mask of distribution, but it could be assigned to any mask without an image.gallery_40680_49_2416.pnggallery_40680_49_6756.pngThat's a larger image to see more of the detail, I'm not sure it came out well in the small version. The quality goes down a bit in the shrinking and I feel it looks oddly a symmetrical, when I've tested it and its not.The line down the middle is left to field a question. I saw in your guide Bones that you make half the mask and flip it for symmetry, but how do you deal with the line? I've always done it in MS Paint, but it makes resizing the image inconvenient.

Edited by Taipu1

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

I love that design for Hospok, but you're right it doesn't size down that well. The problem is that since these are vectors, the small lines you put near the edge do not scale down in thickness. The lines stay the same thickness even as you size it down. The easiest way to fix it would be to size down the large image in GIMP. Not sure if it might get distorted though.I would also advise turning the little lines near the edges to a dark blue instead of black; they would look better scaled down even in the vector form that way. A blue just a little darker than the blue around them. [Edit: This should be a second version just for the sized-down image. I would definately keep them as-is for the larger version.]As for the line, I think I did address this in my guide, didn't I? Basically, I use a line that is taller than the mask -- reaching both above and below it -- and is not copied when I copy and flip the rest. Never selected or grouped with them, then deleted when I'm done. Also, I usually use open shapes rather than closed shapes, so the shapes themselves have no line down the middle. This does sometimes still leave a slight white line gap though.A solution that can fix both, IF you do not use a gradient within your actual color shapes, is to put a lineless filled shape over the line after flipping the other side, in the exact color filling the rest of the color shapes. Then any trans-white/black shading can go overtop all the color parts below including that patch.Or you can just edit the line out in Paint/GIMP/etc. by cloning the color pixels right next to it as you said.

Edited by bonesiii

gallery_40680_49_711.pngThanks for all the advice there, I think the recolor of the lines worked very well for the re-size, it actually doesn't look to bad at larger scale either. I also changed the width of the mask, to make it thinner. I also made the mouth darker, but I think I may have over done this, in the re-size its very obviously darker than anything else. Overall pleased with it though, really happy with the lighting effects on the upper part.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

It's a mouth, so darker makes sense. Anywho, adding as Hospok. :)

• 2 weeks later...

That image is supposed to represent a slightly angled view, so the ones that are farther away seem smaller. They are all the same size. Clysmax is scaled a little too small for its position in that image too technically, just to fit it. And all the distances between the Blue Ceilings and the planets are not quite to scale there either; it's meant to be representative, not photorealistic. Plus, of course, the Ceilings actually completely cover the planets as spheres, not just circles.

Finally finished everything for the Kanohi Kualet:Kanohi Kualet - Mask of Gifted TravelThe user of the mask is able to teleport a living target in their field of vision to the targets chosen destination. If the target is unwilling to teleport, the mask will do nothing. The further away the chosen destination, the less precise the power is. Teleportation cannot penetrate the bluespace ceiling. Mask and Images by Taipu1. First is Great, second is Noble.gallery_40680_49_1464.pngtn_gallery_40680_49_134.pngI've also got this Kanohi here:gallery_40680_49_2787.pngThat was my original design for the Kualet, but I just didn't like it that much for some reason. But the image is complete, so I figured I'd throw it in given the need for designs.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Nice images for Kualet. Name, images, and bio updated. I fused the old bio with the new a bit.

I've also got this Kanohi here:gallery_40680_49_2787.pngThat was my original design for the Kualet, but I just didn't like it that much for some reason. But the image is complete, so I figured I'd throw it in given the need for designs.
Here's a suggested match for that:Mask of PerspectiveAllows the wearer to move their senses of sight and hearing to anywhere within their sight range. Basically, you look at a point, use the mask, and you can see and hear from that point. You can still move, but unless you are "looking" at yourself, it would be hard to know where you're moving, plus it would still be difficult to coordinate your actions. Side effects include glazed over eyes and blindness and deafness with your actual eyes and ears while using the mask. Suggested by Justax-Kal.Because the mouth area resembles a road/path appearing to shrink into the distance, a classic illustration of perspective in art, and tops at the eyes which are emphasied by not having a nose piece between them. I also thought of Permanence (mouth area resembles a pyramid, which is a longlasting structure, but perhaps a more clearly pyramidal shape would work better), Limitation, Vulnerability, and Suffocation (mouth area appearing covered). But I think Perspective works best, no?

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if this idea is basically a copy of the original, but I'll post it anyways:Mask of CreativityAllows the user to improvise materials for a object from local surroundings. Can't be used to create powerful objects, living beings, or perfect copies of a pre-existing perfected object. Basically a watered down version of the Mask of Creation minus conjuring materials.I need an example for this, but I can't think of one.-Tomdroidser

There is no such thing as perfection, except in being yourself.kanohi_avkama.gif

I don't know if this idea is basically a copy of the original, but I'll post it anyways:Mask of CreativityAllows the user to improvise materials for a object from local surroundings. Can't be used to create powerful objects, living beings, or perfect copies of a pre-existing perfected object. Basically a watered down version of the Mask of Creation minus conjuring materials.I need an example for this, but I can't think of one.-Tomdroidser
I think something along these lines may be okay. I forget what I said earlier about it but I think you did suggest it before, yeah? But I think the limitations need more definition. Does it teleport the materials or telekinetically move them? What about reshaping solids? If you take a stone and turn it into a statue, does it have to turn to lava to melt and reshape?
Now that the Shards contest is over, what's next? Are the entries being judged and synthesized? Will there be polls?Also, could Tar be a possible Teralpid element? I know it's not really "foundational," but it still makes sense because it's ground-based.
1) That's all explained in the contest's firstpost. Short answer, there will be polls, I just need to find the time to compile all the old stuff, check all the entries, and then make the polls. Not sure how soon that'll be.2) Yes. :)

I've, never really been active in the Expanded Multiverse, but it looks interesting. I do have a mask suggestion, I'm not really sure what to call it though. basically it would allow the user to give half their life force to a dead being. Both beings will only have half the life force they normally would. They would both have the natural powers and the personality of the being that used the mask. If one of the being is killed while this mask is in use it his entire life force and spirit will automatically go to whichever one is still alive. because both beings have the same personality, a self important being who uses this mask may be killed by his secondary body.

Wyrd byð swyðost

I really need to be more active

Interesting -- kind of a twist on Matoro's second (Toa) Mask, yeah? (*wikis* -- Reanimation.) I think it should work. Perhaps the option to split it into more bodies should be possible, though? Like maybe up to six, just to fit it with standard Bionicle math. Obviously they would be more sluggish at that maximum though.Not sure either about what to call it... Something involving corpses, multiplication, possession, or synonyms.

I think something along these lines may be okay. I forget what I said earlier about it but I think you did suggest it before, yeah? But I think the limitations need more definition. Does it teleport the materials or telekinetically move them? What about reshaping solids? If you take a stone and turn it into a statue, does it have to turn to lava to melt and reshape?
This is a different mask. The Mask of Creativity detects materials that can be improvised and gives the user a form of ESP which allows them to notice the material from the surroundings.-Tomdroidser

Interesting -- kind of a twist on Matoro's second (Toa) Mask, yeah? (*wikis* -- Reanimation.) I think it should work. Perhaps the option to split it into more bodies should be possible, though? Like maybe up to six, just to fit it with standard Bionicle math. Obviously they would be more sluggish at that maximum though.Not sure either about what to call it... Something involving corpses, multiplication, possession, or synonyms.
Corps possession would be good I guess. Maybe if the user does more than six corpses it knocks them all out? Edited by Toa_Zorak

Wyrd byð swyðost

Tom, so it just shows the user, with something like a sixth sense, where the materials needed are? It doesn't actually make the object for them?Zorak -- Corpse Possession, that would be spelled. I agree about more than six knocking them all out. Could you write a modified bio with those changes? :)Edit: Didn't see Swert's post. Shared Life makes sense too. Hm. What about the word Division? Divided Reanimation maybe? Shared Reanimation? Split... I dunno, this is a tough one. I can think of several good three-word options, like Shared Corpse Possession... but that's very wordy... Are you saying -not- to use "necro" in it, though, 'cuz I kinda think it could work. Divided Necropossession? :shrugs: Necrodivision? Hm..

Edited by bonesiii

Added more info:Mask of CreativtyAllows the user to improvise materials for a object from local surroundings. Materials are sensed by a form of ESP. Once gathered, the mask basically takes over the user's body for a moment to create a crude but effective version of imagined object. Can't be used to create powerful objects, living beings, or perfect copies of a pre-existing perfected object. Basically a watered down version of the Mask of Creation minus conjuring materials.-Tomdroidser

Okay, expanded mask bio:Mask of shared lifeallows the user to give half their life force to one or more dead beings. all of the beings will only have half (or an other fraction depending on the number of beings used) the life force they normally would. They would both have the natural powers and the personality of the being that used the mask. If one of the being is killed while this mask is in use it his entire life force and spirit will automatically go to whichever one is still alive, or equally divided between all of then that are still alive. because both beings have the same personality, a self important being who uses this mask may be killed by one of his secondary bodies. Using this mask to split your life force more than five times would knock out all of the beings. This mask is considered immoral.

Wyrd byð swyðost

Added those two. I edited and slightly expanded on Shared Life, as this:Mask of Shared LifeAllows the user to give half their life force to one or more dead beings. All of the beings will only have half (or another fraction depending on the number of beings used) of the life force they normally would. They would both have the natural powers and the personality of the being that used the mask. If one of the beings is killed while this mask is in use, the user's entire life force and spirit will automatically go to whichever one is still alive, or equally divided between all of them that are still alive. Because both beings have the same personality, a self important being who uses this mask may be killed by one of his secondary bodies. Using this mask to split your life force more than five times would knock out all of the beings (thus six total bodies at once, including your own, is the maximum). Limited to recently dead beings, thus not too decayed to carry the user's identity. This mask is considered immoral.

Added those two. I edited and slightly expanded on Shared Life, as this:Mask of Shared LifeAllows the user to give half their life force to one or more dead beings. All of the beings will only have half (or another fraction depending on the number of beings used) of the life force they normally would. They would both have the natural powers and the personality of the being that used the mask. If one of the beings is killed while this mask is in use, the user's entire life force and spirit will automatically go to whichever one is still alive, or equally divided between all of them that are still alive. Because both beings have the same personality, a self important being who uses this mask may be killed by one of his secondary bodies. Using this mask to split your life force more than five times would knock out all of the beings (thus six total bodies at once, including your own, is the maximum). Limited to recently dead beings, thus not too decayed to carry the user's identity. This mask is considered immoral.
I could see a potent flaw in the mask. Is the mask's power a passive effect? If, let's say, a Toa puts their life force into a dead Skakdi and then the Toa dies, would the "undead Skakdi" be incapable of wearing the physically dead Toa's mask?-Tomdroidser

The identity would live on in the Skakdi, unable to wear masks ever again. I wouldn't say that's a flaw in the mask, but in the choice of a user of the mask (and I did think of this beforehand :)).

Edited by bonesiii

I've also had a mask idea floating around in my head lately, based on the novel Michael Vey, if anyone's ever read it.Mask of Pain ReductionThe user of this mask can remove all sense of pain from their body to make them more comfortable or for berserker charges. Extremely popular on Bara Wahi for the latter purpose, although the user can still die without feeling the pain.It also has a sub power of distributing pain between two being who are touching, one of which is wearing the mask. Also works for psychological pain.Just a quick write up for now, I just want your thoughts before I finish it. :) Now that I write it down, I need to use this for a future project.

I've also had a mask idea floating around in my head lately, based on the novel Michael Vey, if anyone's ever read it.Mask of Pain ReductionThe user of this mask can remove all sense of pain from their body to make them more comfortable or for berserker charges. Extremely popular on Bara Wahi for the latter purpose, although the user can still die without feeling the pain.It also has a sub power of distributing pain between two being who are touching, one of which is wearing the mask. Also works for psychological pain.Just a quick write up for now, I just want your thoughts before I finish it. :) Now that I write it down, I need to use this for a future project.
Pretty much already exists - I suggested a mask that does about the same thing:
Mask of Pain ResistanceGreatly increases the user's threshold for pain. Does not actually make wounds less deadly, but it does allow the user to shrug off attacks that might otherwise leave him in horrible pain. The Great version allows resistance to both physical and mental pain; the Noble allows resistance against physical pain only. Suggested by Toa Nidhiki05.
There are differences, but it is pretty much the same thing (with the exception of the shared pain thing, which is a pretty neat idea).-TN05

Okay, maybe mine is only shared and psychological pain? Or should we merge the two?
Psychological pain would be covered by the Mask of Mental Shielding, but the shared pain concept (in my opinion) is actually a solid concept for its own mask. We could merge, of course, but I suppose that would be up to bonesiii and other readers to give the ideas.-TN05

I've got a question as to whether something I'm planning for an epic is acceptable, but I'm bunging it in a spoiler tag, as that will in some way satisfy myself that I'm not spoiling my storyline for anyone. :P

Cutting this to the minimum detail, I read in the guide that Horizon Castle cannot be destroyed, as one of the Multiverse "No-can-does". I've no intention of destroying it as such, but I'm not certain that what I have planned is necessarily allowed. Essentially, the plan was for a large rock (Think very large) to fall on the castle, but due to the timely actions of beings within the castle, the rock is disintegrated to dust before it hits. There is also an assault involved, and their are many casualties, but Hand of Faith come over victorious, and the only maintenance work to be done is clearing out the disintegrated rubble of the rock. Does this conform with Multiverse Rules?EDIT: Also, I've made the assumption that the Castles guards are largely experienced and seasoned warriors, who are perhaps a little complacent about the job they have. Sound fine?

Edited by Taipu1

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles