Expanded Multiverse Discussion Topic

Just a quicky, was the Iron Hawk flying fortress made an official thing?
Vehicles Contest.
The topic was on the old board, sad to say, but I do have some pics on my brickshelf. Mask idea (more like "take one of bonesiii's ideas and make a mask out of it" but whatever):The Mask of Access Powerless on it's own, the Mask of Access allows a Matoran or Turage using it to wear a Great/Noble (depending on what kind of mask it is itself) Inakko, and then a third mask, allowing them to use the power of that third mask. Although the strain of using three masks weakens the effects, it still allows Matoran to access mask powers and Turaga to use Great mask powers.So, yeah, that's sort of my idea.-TLhikan

"So I'm TL now?"

"Yeah, 'cuz if we said it the other way it'd have to be TLhiKHAAN!!"

It's a bit complicated. :P If I was to allow it it may be best to just allow it to work like an Inakko for one other mask, still weakening the effect but simpler. (Rather than involving an actual Inakko, although I suppose they COULD use it with an Inakko to open up maybe two to three others.) Would that be okay?Tom and Chro, can you guys write up new versions of your latest suggestions, making them as concise as possible, so I can add them to the reference topic? :)

Edited by bonesiii

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

It's a bit complicated. :P If I was to allow it it may be best to just allow it to work like an Inakko for one other mask, still weakening the effect but simpler. (Rather than involving an actual Inakko, although I suppose they COULD use it with an Inakko to open up maybe two to three others.) Would that be okay?
I didn't want it to be too powerful, but if you think it works better the way you say, then sure, sounds like a better idea :P. We could call it the Kanohi Btou :D.

"So I'm TL now?"

The topic was on the old board, sad to say, but I do have some pics on my brickshelf.
Thanks, was anything decided on scale for it? There's a cockpit looking thing on it, which could vary from being a one man thing (Not exactly a fortress then), to a whole drive room of sorts, or larger still.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

And I really need to write up a description for the Shared Pain mask. I'm thinking it might look something like Breez's helm (because I'm working on a MOC that uses it, and has Breez's head :D)Kanohi Nahtalai, Mask of Shared PainThis mask allows a user to evenly distribute the sense of pain between themselves and up to five other beings they are touching. If the sense of pain is too severe, however, the user may be killed by using this mask on a being with a higher threshold for pain such as a Mask of Pain Resistance user, or multiple targets. Can also work for "mental pain," such as depression.It seemed a little short, so I beefed it up a bit. Is everything okay?

I don't think I could be concise enough, but I'll try.Mask of Moral SeparationAllows the wearer to separate into a Light being and a Shadow being. Each being will have access to the original's elemental power and skill, basic appearance, and have an almost untraceable mental connection. Common versions of the mask gives a maximum time limit of one week. Common differences are:Light half: access to Light powers, wears a defensive Kanohi, armor suited for defensive combat, and produces brighter Elemental powerShadow half: access to Shadow powers, wears an offensive Kanohi, armor suited for heavy or berserker combat, and produces darker Elemental powerIf it needs improvement, then I'll leave it to Bones.-Tomdroidser

Featuring: Arkham Firefly/The LEGO Movie Quiz

Now Entering: The Rise of DarkSaber
Two personal thanks to Black Six for Proto Boost.
(Expired) Topics: HF MOC BBC #69 Entry: Jaller Inika Rebuilt 

There is no such thing as perfection, except in being yourself.kanohi_avkama.gif

The topic was on the old board, sad to say, but I do have some pics on my brickshelf.
Thanks, was anything decided on scale for it? There's a cockpit looking thing on it, which could vary from being a one man thing (Not exactly a fortress then), to a whole drive room of sorts, or larger still.
I imagined it to be something like a Star Destroyer, or perhaps that Neptune carrier sub in LEGO Atlantis. The Neptune had a cockpit thing too, but it turned out to be more of a bridge.I suppose you could always ask whoever built it. But 'fortress' implies otherwise. Perhaps just as large as it needs to be or whatever story you're telling. The EM doesn't have very heavy consequences for bending rules, thanks to Reality shifts and so forth.
How well will you die?

I always imagined it as about the size of several aircraft carriers put side by side.Those mask descriptions work; adding...

Edited by bonesiii

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Well, the tan part is supposed to be a runway.I made the bomber is a bit over-scaled (I really wanted a plane on the MOC :P), but you can think of it as a absolutely giant bomber if that's better. I think Bonesiii's description works best.-TLhikan

"So I'm TL now?"

Thanks guys, that'll be enough to go on for scale, should be suitable for my plans.I assume the Iron Hawk totem is onboard? It's not a massive issue if it isn't, I can come up with an excuse for it temporarily being there.
I proposed it as their main base, which would mean the Totem would be kept there, but I don't remember if bones/Swert liked the idea or not.(Hmm, that gives me an idea: Fly near the enemy's base where his totem is. The two totem's proximity will cause more Olmak Effects near the enemy's base! And even though I'm pretty sure the Olmak Effect doesn't work like that, no one ever accused the Iron Hawks of being geniuses.)-TLhikan Edited by TLhikan

"So I'm TL now?"

(Hmm, that gives me an idea: Fly near the enemy's base where his totem is. The two totem's proximity will cause more Olmak Effects near the enemy's base! And even though I'm pretty sure the Olmak Effect doesn't work like that, no one ever accused the Iron Hawks of being geniuses.)-TLhikan
The behaviour wouldn't be that predictable I don't think, and likely the resulting increase in anomalies would do more damage to the fortress that has complex machinary keeping it in the air than a building like Horizon Castle. Potential kamikaze attack though, although I can't think of a situation that would warrant such an act, unless there was just someone crazy in charge. Interesting idea though.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

I just had a few ideas of masks that might work in the EM.Kanohi Kenalgi, Mask of Mass Reductionkanohimassreduction.pngkanohimassreductioninakko.pngkanohimassreductioninakko2.pngkanohimassreductionnoble.png[Click first for Powerpoint file]This mask allows the user to either borrow mass from it's surroundings, or store its mass in a private pocket dimention, lowering or raising weight and density, as long as the mass is enough for the being to not become near weightless or 1/4 of the weight of their planet. Useful for shapeshifting, shrinking, and growing, and is often used in combination with a Inakko with one of those powers, but can also be used to float in water or counteract gravity energy.First view is Great version, the second is a mix using an Inakko with the Kenalgi and [Norik's] Pehkui (I forgot that was Kiril shaped, but it turned out cool :P), resulting in the power to shrink and change mass accordingly, the third is a mix using an Inakko of the Kenalgi and the Mahiki, resulting in the power to shapeshift to any mass, and the last is the Noble version, which limits the amount of mass that can be transferred to one half of the current mass.Inspired by Surkahi's plight in Twisted Island, I thought he might really need this mask. :DMask of Correctionkanohicorrection2.png[Click for Powerpoint file]Allows a user to instantly correct or repair a small mistake, whether it be in writing, machinery, aim, programming, etc. as long as they understand the mistake and how it would be fixed.Maybe a little too dieselpunk, but the idea came at the same time the power did, so I used it. There are some similarities to the "Correction" idea, like the smaller rectangles on the very edges are supposed to be side view "X"s, like if you were correction a mistake, and the mask kind of reminds me of all those robot apocalypse things where they go around like "Virus found, must rectify" or something. :D There were a few details that didn't quite make it in, maybe I'll redo the mask.EDIT: Redone, added some missing details, some more shading, and hopefully made it look better. :)Mask of LearningWhen a being comes into contact with anything that contains information, they can quickly store all information into their mind. The process can be shut down, but can also lead to overloading in some beings when in contact with large amounts of information. Can be used to browse through books near instantaneously, search through a computer's files, or even read some beings minds.So, I know there's some limits I'll need to put on these, so post away. :)By the way, Bones, what ever happened to the Mask of Flowery Scents? :P

Edited by Click

Kanohi Kenalgi, Mask of Mass ReductionI might be missing the point, but can't most of that be covered by the Kanohi Garai?Mask of CorrectionI would say it definitely needs more work on the boundaries, namely in defining what constitutes a "small" mistake, and possibly what kind of mistakes can and can't be fixed in more detail.Mask of LearningWasn't there a mask of memory or something that was very similar to this?Images are all look pretty good. The great and noble Kenalgi are well done, obviously the same mask, but significantly different.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Kanohi Kenalgi, Mask of Mass ReductionI might be missing the point, but can't most of that be covered by the Kanohi Garai?
The Kanohi Garai would control weight and gravity, not mass. It would reduce the amount of molecules you have in you, allowing you to become less dense. It could allow you to become intangible, so that you could float through walls, it could allow you to float on water by making yourself less dense than water, you could turn yourself into a meteor of sorts and become so dense that it would be impossible to move you. There are many other things you could do, but these are some of them.

Mass Reduction:There are actually a few differences with this mask and a Garai. It would be able to modify weight by default, like Gravity, butthe Garai can't be used on the user, and this would decrease the amount of focus needed, which would get difficult if you were Surkahi in Twisted Island (he shapeshifted into a grain of sand, and would fall through the ground if he let go of his power, while using a Miru), while giving up the ability to use it on other objects. I hadn't thought about intangibility at all though, but due to Bionicle physics, I suppose it would be possible, although it would make the mask a bit overpowered. I guess it could also theoretically strengthen armor, so I'm worried about that too.Also, the Garai couldn't modify density to be able to float or become extremely heavy, without shrinking or stretching the object, theoretically. This mask adds just a few powers, loses a lot, but adds less stress than just a Garai.There is also the usage of modifying the limits of masks that depend on mass, such as the Mahiki (which is why I made that Inakko combination).I also really need to redefine boundaries. Maybe you can't go low enough to be intangible in current state (which means the mask would reverse while changing size), but I need an upper bound.Correction: I was afraid it needed more in the definition. I'll get to work on that.Learning: Now that you mention it, I think we might have something like this. I'll have to look it up, but otherwise it would be just a combination of that mask and a Suletu or something. Good thing I didn't make an image for it. :)EDIT: Okay, the mask you were referring to is tha Mask of Technopathy, which can read through computers, but with more control. I'll leave it up to Bones whether to add it.

Edited by Click

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, so... We need to figure out what to do for Sand's prefix, since Greg used the current one, Vo, as the canon prefix for Lightning. (Et will now be a synonym for Lightning, possibly a regional dialect type thing.)

Should we change sand to Vor? Or possibly Ze, from Zesk? Or something else entirely?

As for the other prefixes, we'll probably hold off for a while on deciding whether to use the faves poll, to see if Greg will be canonizing any more soon.

Iron Hawk Totem -- I found my answer about that while going through the old Discussion topic for Shards entries; there is an actual ground-based Iron Hawk base somewhere; that's where the Totem is. The flying fortress is a sort of secondary base, which they will sometimes send into battle. As such, it's less secure than the main base, which is as far from the front lines as possible.

It's possible there have been times in history when they may have moved the main base, and used the fortress to transport the Totem, however; I would not rue that out. So sometimes it may be temporarily on there. I'm considering doing this for the Season 1 finale in fact.

It's plausible that the standard smallish bombers may not be the only other flying craft IH has, so the mini-scale airplane shown on the MOC could be interpreted as a rare larger bomber, yes. That might work well to be incorporated into the finale too.

Flying near an enemy's base with the Totem to cause more anomalies... I wouldn't absolutely rule it out in history, but my sense is that they wouldn't do this for the most part because they'd literally be sending their most precious treasure deep into enemy territory. It's true actual boarding by enemies is highly unlikely since pretty much only IH has flight capability, but it would open it up to severe risk of being downed from enemy cannon fire on the ground.

Mass Reduction -- very nice! I like the original wording, but I can see the argument for some added definition of limits and clarifying its differences from the Garai if you like.

Also, the second image -- that mix would basically never happen since it's the Kiril shape, unless there's a character who made one in that shape as a nod to Norik, which is possible since they have a lot of knowledge of the Core Dimension (so it would be like Zashrau's wooden Krana-shaped mask). Not sure what to do with that part.

Correction: I think it's mostly fine as is. Keep in mind the actual Kiril doesn't really have a clear definition of limits either. However, I'm not sure how it would work with something like aim, and that's something covered by two masks already -- the canon Accuracy (efficient at it) and the Paracosmos Precision (better at carving precision than projectile). Might wanna add something about it only working within a few seconds of the mistake too.

Learning -- I am concerned it's too much of an overlap with both Technopathy and Biomechanics (which can give a limited version of Technopathy), yeah. But I don't think we have anything for instant understanding of books, tablets, and the like. Maybe rewrite it to be specific to written language?

Mask of Flowery Scents -- I figured nobody would really want me to bother including it on the list. :P For those that don't know, this was an example of a "useless" power a Paracosmos character found by using a machine that randomly created new mask powers from anywhere among the infinite protodermic possibilities, so it was sort of a gambling system.

For the new Sand Prefix, I'm thinking Qa (Ka), kind of like Quartz, the dominant mineral in many sand types. Ze would work too though.And a note on the Kenalgi, I made that Kiril combination just before I remembered the whole Hagah mask rule, but I posted it anyways because it looked cool. You don't have to include it in the final post if you don't want to.And speaking of final posts, I have some (hopefully) better descriptions:Kanohi Kenalgi, Mask of Mass ReductionThis mask allows a being to either borrow mass from their surroundings or store excess mass in a personal pocket dimension, raising or lowering mass and weight respectively, while also decreasing the mental strain such as a user of a Miru or Garai (if it worked on the user), being a one-time use mask. A user can then increase or decrease their mass to a factor of 10, or to the point they would either become intangible or collapse into a black hole. Is often paired (using an Inakko) with masks such as the Matatu, allowing much more Shapeshifting capabilities, the Pehkui or Mask of Growth, allowing for a user to change mass with proportion to size, but can also be used to alter density to float or sink in liquids or to counter gravitational energy.First picture is Great version, second is an Inakko combination with a Matatu, and third is the Noble, allowing a mass change by a factor of 2.Mask of CorrectionThis mask allows a user to instantaneously correct small errors in things such as programming, writing, or machinery if they can understand the error and how it should be fixed at a period of 30 seconds after the error was originally madeMask of LearningEnables a user to near instantaneously "download" all information contained in a written work to any extent, however, if the there is too much information to be comprehended by the user, they risk insanity and/or death. If the user is aware of their limits, they can mentally shut the process down, but this usually requires much mental discipline. Great allows minor mind reading powers with contact and a simplified shutting down process, while Noble can be hard to control, but has a slower "download" speed, around ten times the Great version's.You know, I'm starting to notice that I'm very good at making overlap masks. :PAnd I'm also really tempted to write a bio and draw the picture for the Mask of Flowery Scents. Maybe it provides a calming influence, thus making it not completely useless, but mostly so to a Servant of Makuta. :shrugs:

It's possible there have been times in history when they may have moved the main base, and used the fortress to transport the Totem, however; I would not rue that out. So sometimes it may be temporarily on there. I'm considering doing this for the Season 1 finale in fact.

It's plausible that the standard smallish bombers may not be the only other flying craft IH has, so the mini-scale airplane shown on the MOC could be interpreted as a rare larger bomber, yes. That might work well to be incorporated into the finale too.

:o

:D

For the new Sand Prefix, I'm thinking Qa (Ka), kind of like Quartz, the dominant mineral in many sand types. Ze would work too though.

I like that idea, although I'll probably pronounce it "kwa".

-TLhikan

"So I'm TL now?"

Keep in mind Ghost is Ka. Qua or Kwa would work though.

Yeah, those mask rewrites look good. I'll add them. :)

If you wanna make the Mask of Flowery Scents, go ahead. :P It's just possible that if it exists in the EM, some people may have found it useful. In the BP it will remain just one mask that nobody's using though.

Kanohi I made for the BZPRPG, I figured I'd go ahead and submit it for EM canonization.Mask of VoidheartThe Mask of Voidheart creates a small aura around the user that saps environmental energy, usually in the form of heat, static electricity, and light. The user will regenerate Elemental Energy and stamina at a slightly faster rate than their usual whenever the mask is active. Skilled users of this mask can intensify the aura to physically harmful levels, freezing opponents solid and deactivating most electronics with a touch. More talented users can also drain a type of energy through any substance capable of channeling it.(In the rare case that there is a Matoran or Toa with this power, they are referred to as "Toa/Matoran of the Void").

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

BZPRPG Profiles [outdated]

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

Voidheart -- Yes, with one clarification I think needs added. I thought we already had something like this but I think I was thinking of the Tyrant power. But I did find the Mask of Environmental Absorption which saps energy from nearby plants specifically, so it should have a limit against that.

Other masks added.

Voidheart -- Yes, with one clarification I think needs added. I thought we already had something like this but I think I was thinking of the Tyrant power. But I did find the Mask of Environmental Absorption which saps energy from nearby plants specifically, so it should have a limit against that.

The difference between that mask (which I proposed) and Meta-Mind's seems to be that mine is always active at a low level and absorbs only plant energy with the use of increasing strength and reducing hunger/fatigue, while his absorbs non-plant energy in the earth sense of the term (ie. heat, light, and electricity) with the use of restoring elemental energy and stamina and can be directly controlled by the user. So basically mine is best used during survival situations - like if you are lost in a jungle with no food, or if you are in a forest and want to get out before nightfall. The mask will help by reduing hunger and fatigue while increasing physical strength and you don't have to concentrate to use it. Voidheart has to have focus to use, and its best use would probably be during combat in a volcanic environment or a thunderstorm. I don't see a huge conflict since the energy absorbed is different and the practical uses are entirely different even if the descriptions are similar. However, a disclaimer or the like could probably be added to any description to clear that up.

-TN05

Edited by Toa Nidhiki05

Other masks added.

Well, as TN05 said above, this mask is more useful in combat - both to keep Elemental Energy/stamina up and to potentially freeze opponents or absorb energy attacks. The Mask of Environmental Absorbtion, on the other hand, is more survivalist - it uses the energy to mititate hunger and fatigue. But yeah, they're both kind of variants on the Avsa (...sort of), so they're similar.

And if the user tried to drain energy from plants, they'd just end up freezing/killing them. Might not be that effective then. :P

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

Masks I like to add to the list of mask ideas I have:

Mask of Sealing

Allows user to seal doors and trap objects/beings inside an object, usually a stone tablet/figurine. Only a Mask of Sealing can undo the effects caused by a Mask of Sealing. Considered immoral.

Mask of Potential

Allows user to maximise the potential of others. (Need help expanding its ablility.)

Mask of Calling

Allows users to contact other beings regardless of distance. Can also be used to call local wildlife.

-Tomdroidser

Featuring: Arkham Firefly/The LEGO Movie Quiz

Now Entering: The Rise of DarkSaber
Two personal thanks to Black Six for Proto Boost.
(Expired) Topics: HF MOC BBC #69 Entry: Jaller Inika Rebuilt 

There is no such thing as perfection, except in being yourself.kanohi_avkama.gif

Mask of Potential

Allows user to maximise the potential of others. (Need help expanding its ablility.)

Mask of Calling

Allows users to contact other beings regardless of distance. Can also be used to call local wildlife.

-Tomdroidser

Mask of Sealing works (maybe). But for the second two: Potential doesn't seem to be much more than a name, and we already have the Mask of Telecommunication.

-TLhikan

"So I'm TL now?"

Masks I like to add to the list of mask ideas I have:

Mask of Sealing

Allows user to seal doors and trap objects/beings inside an object, usually a stone tablet/figurine. Only a Mask of Sealing can undo the effects caused by a Mask of Sealing. Considered immoral.

Mask of Potential

Mask of Calling

-Tomdroidser

Sealing -- with what does it seal them? Other than that this sounds fine.

Potential -- Unsure what you mean by it, but sounds similar to the Calix as well as the Mask of Possibilities.

Calling -- Isn't this the same as my Paracosmos Mask of Telecommunication?

• 4 weeks later...

I'd like to suggest a mask that I planned on using in my epic.

The Mask of Constructs - allows user to create any object they understand the workings of out of pure energy. The simpler the object and the smaller the mass, the easier it is to create and maintain. It is possible to create more than one object, but requires more concentration. Only limits are the wearer's knowledge, willpower and, in some cases, physical endurance from energy exertion.

If you can't already tell, it's based off the powers of a Green Lantern :P

Astris Janus

Right, new forum, new signature. Or, at least, a reboot.

20795.jpg

Dual Sides; An Expanded Multiverse Epic

Bionicle Anime: Toa Mata

"If at first you don't succeed, redefine success."
- Anonymous

The Mask of Constructs - allows user to create any object they understand the workings of out of pure energy. The simpler the object and the smaller the mass, the easier it is to create and maintain. It is possible to create more than one object, but requires more concentration. Only limits are the wearer's knowledge, willpower and, in some cases, physical endurance from energy exertion.

Astris Janus

When you say "out of pure energy", do you basically mean making shapes out of "hard light"? Solid light, whatever? Out of pure energy is a phrase often used for physically materializing new objects as with Star Trek replicators, but from the GL context I assume you don't mean that. So I would rephrase as solid light (a wording Greg has used). .

Otherwise, should be good. :)

Been wondering recently, is there anywhere in the EM other than Ko-Clysmax with a Ko-Wahi like environment? I thought maybe Barrawahi or Atohune in the mountains perhaps?

Really tall mountains, yes. I haven't imagined any on Atohune, but it is reasonable. In the highest inland mountains. Barrawahi's higher mountains, almost certainly. I think it should be okay to just define that there are definately a lot like that in the Iron Hawk area, just to help justify their having the Totem to Ko-Clysmax.

One thing none of them have is polar ice. The planets are heated uniformly by a secret means.

Also, there could be small-scale cold energy field zones similar to Ko-Clysmax but that wouldn't register on an image of the planet seen from space.

That might include some Shards that used to be on the border of Ko-Clysmax prior to the Shattering -- both the tiny ones which you could establish on your own, and contest entry main ones, if such a desc. wins but I don't recall offhand if any got them.

Astris Janus

When you say "out of pure energy", do you basically mean making shapes out of "hard light"? Solid light, whatever? Out of pure energy is a phrase often used for physically materializing new objects as with Star Trek replicators, but from the GL context I assume you don't mean that. So I would rephrase as solid light (a wording Greg has used). .

Otherwise, should be good. :)

Yes, I meant making constructs of hard light. Sorry for the confusion :P

Astris Janus

Right, new forum, new signature. Or, at least, a reboot.

20795.jpg

Dual Sides; An Expanded Multiverse Epic

Bionicle Anime: Toa Mata

"If at first you don't succeed, redefine success."
- Anonymous

• 2 weeks later...

So, I know the EM is ALMOST all "do what you want, it's open for interpretation", but can we theoretically name the Clysmax fragments and shard moons? I have a near-complete list (with my suggested prefixes for ones that are TBD) of names if you want me to post it.

An example would be this:

Ga-Clysmax is the water fragment. It's alternate name is Galon, and its inhabitants are known as Galonians.

If the list IS wanted, I'll post it and we can (I'm sure) deliberate it here. But I'm sure that's for Bonesiii to decide.

--xanthorp_sig.jpg--

01-01the_chronology_of_enigma.png

The Review Topic for this project

I hope you like them!

So, I know the EM is ALMOST all "do what you want, it's open for interpretation", but can we theoretically name the Clysmax fragments and shard moons? I have a near-complete list (with my suggested prefixes for ones that are TBD) of names if you want me to post it.

An example would be this:

Ga-Clysmax is the water fragment. It's alternate name is Galon, and its inhabitants are known as Galonians.

If the list IS wanted, I'll post it and we can (I'm sure) deliberate it here. But I'm sure that's for Bonesiii to decide.

I'm not sure what the point is of that; the name is Ga-Clysmax, because it's part of Clysmax and there's water on in. I don't see why we need to make up another name for it.

-TLhikan

"So I'm TL now?"

I agree with TL, obviously you can do what you like in terms of your own work, but the way I see it, Ga-Clysmax is the name, and there's nothing wrong with it. Ga-Koro never had another name, its just a prefix that denotes the element its related with, and Koro meaning village. It's the same in this case, with Clysmax meaning its a fragment of the planet Clysmax. There might be a case for another name if there were two water fragments, but there aren't.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

There's nothing wrong with using your own names for them in your stories as alternate names, or with others using them too for theirs, but I wouldn't want to call them EM-canon, for the simple reason that adding more unnecessary stuff to memorize would make following the EM more work than just fun.

On a semi-related note, are we allowed to canonize some traits of shards if we want to use them before the Shards contest is underway? I was going to use Av and Kra-Clysmax for something in a story I'm writing, but they haven't really been defined as of yet.

On a semi-related note, are we allowed to canonize some traits of shards if we want to use them before the Shards contest is underway? I was going to use Av and Kra-Clysmax for something in a story I'm writing, but they haven't really been defined as of yet.

Well a basic rule in the contest was that entrants were describing what the vast majority of the places were like. There could be small areas that are different (although most of the Shards are small themselves so there isn't a whole lot of room for that). You could also just avoid mentioning details.

Once I get the polls up, any traits that are common to all entrants for an element can be assumed canon. I'm maybe halfway along that process but am taking a break from it, not sure when I'll get back to it, FTR. And I think some have only one entry so will almost certainly be approved (I'll have a yes/no poll for those, I think...).

For basic ones like Av & Kra, you can assume that light and shadow energy are involved somehow. :P