Kolhii Shields

Tarix819

Hi,

Is it just me, or do the Kolhii shields from Mask of Light share a strong resemblance to the Bohrok symbol?

150px-MoL_Hafu.PNG44b64227c0ffa8f4e5acd30f778522a5.jpg

A bar across the middle with a circle above it and a grid-like pattern below it?

This might already be known, but it's news to me so I thought I'd make a post here about it.

Has anyone noticed this before? Was this intentional or a coincidence? If it was intentional, why have they done this?

There's definitely a bit of pahrak shield in there too, but it does look like they might have based it on the symbol. I wouldn't read too much into it; they probably just needed a shield design and took inspiration from something that was the right shape. Makes it 'bionicle-y' and stuff.

• Upvote 2

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

To me it seems to closer resemble the actual shield pieces from Pahrak: https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=41662&idColor=8#T=C&C=8

I would guess that the shields in the movie may have been based on that particular element, and that there isn't any greater story significance there.

Edited by Lyichir

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Lore-wise it could be that they literally used Bohrok bits as resources and crafted Kolhii shields from Pahrak remains. Of course there is nothing stating this, but it's a neat theory.

:kakama:

• Upvote 3

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

Lore-wise it could be that they literally used Bohrok bits as resources and crafted Kolhii shields from Pahrak remains. Of course there is nothing stating this, but it's a neat theory.

:kakama:

I mean, they made the Boxors out of Bohrok parts.  I always assumed they salvaged parts for other purposes too.

I imagine playing Kohlii felt real weird for them when they found out how Bohrok came to be.

• Upvote 1

UnsuspectingButts.thumb.png.2a71dabd3565a645b7127215b282d46b.png