Hero Factory Revival/Reboot

So of course we haven't heard anything with regards to what-if anything-Lego's going to be doing for it's next CCBS/Buildable Figure theme. According to Brickset we're going to be getting some more Star Wars figures this year-presumably based on the upcoming The Last Jedi movie-but will that line become the soul source of CCBS for the foreseeable future, or might we be getting a new theme next year? Or perhaps not a "new" theme at all...

My logic is this: Hero Factory, while apparently not as successful as Bionicle G1, did manage to hold on for four (and a half?) years before we got the short-lived Bionicle G2. Given that, I wouldn't be too surprised to see Lego go back to it, but the bigger question is in what form. I would think it's been a short enough time that a continuation isn't totally out of the question, but perhaps a reboot would be the more likely option. What do you guys think-would you rather see the original line continued with maybe some effort to make more of it than it was, or perhaps start things over entirely and see if Lego can't do a better job right from the get go?

• Upvote 2

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.
So far as I'm aware, it's pronounced like this: We're ee ah moo.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

G1 Battle for Spherus Magna - G2 A Lingering Shadow

Short Stories

G1 Fallen Guardian - G2 Shadows of Past and Future (The Legend Continues Entry) Head of Stone, Heart of Jungle

MOCs

Mask Hoarder, Desert Scourge

Well, if I want Hero Factory revived, it should resolve the cliffhangers, which is the Anti-Hero-Factory idea made by a Von-Nebula-like villain, the Brains in the Hero Factory, and the Jumper cocoon in the Heroes' drop-ship in that infamous and poorly-received episode called Invasion From Below. Plus, a theatrical live-action movie (Universal is trying to get the rights for this in 2012) is to be made.

However, audience of today would not know what happened before these things happened because it has been 3 years since Hero Factory's cancellation in 2014, so it is sort of unlikely that Hero Factory is going to be re-continued in my opinion.

Well, I think that a reboot would be a better idea for this audience. We would call it Hero Factory G2. This time, I want it to start fresh, like a new and rebooted TV show where there are 10-13 episodes per set wave, similar to Ninjago. I would like the voice actors from the first 10 episodes of the original Hero Factory show in 2010-2014, too. I also want the TV show to be played in either Cartoon Network or Nickelodeon. Maybe most likely CN. Disney Channel or Disney XD are fine, too. I would like Hero Factory to be 3D animated as well.

The first year would have the original six Heroes, like how G1 first began. Then, more years will include Nex, Evo, and Rocka. Every member of the team has to be present in each wave or year, like the Toa in Bionicle. I also want all of their forms, released in sets, to appear in the show this time, too.

The villains would be the old ones from Hero Factory, and I want all of them, released in sets, to be there as well.

All characters should have good character development, similar to Bionicle G1. I don't mind new characters.

For side stories, put them in minor media, like online serials or books.

The movie would be there, too.

I would also hope that Hero Factory G2 would not make the same mistakes as Bionicle G2 (Even though that I prefer Bionicle over Hero Factory, and believe that Bionicle would return in 2018 in my opinion).

For the sets, I would like the Heroes to be small-sized and have bendable limbs, elbows, and knees. Better make them cost less than 10 dollars, like 5-7. I don't mind the Heroes to be ones who ride vehicles. For the villains, I would like most of them to be medium-sized sets (cost 10-12) while the others to be Titan-sized (20-30). Some of them would be leaders. I don't mind the villains to be ones who ride vehicles, either.

I don't mind mechs with minifigures, but they have to be in one year, like the ones in 2014.

I would also like all Heroes to combine into combiner models or at least have each three of them to do so. Whether it be like the Toa Kaita from Bionicle or something similar to Transformers. The same goes to the villains, too. Make all of them canon as well, as I would like to think that in the story where Heroes combine together into fusions, and the same would somehow go to the villains.:)

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

Definitely some sweet ideas. I know the unnamed villain is one subject that I'd love to see fully explored, though sadly it's not likely to happen.

Edited by Wiriamu
  • Upvote 1

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.
So far as I'm aware, it's pronounced like this: We're ee ah moo.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

G1 Battle for Spherus Magna - G2 A Lingering Shadow

Short Stories

G1 Fallen Guardian - G2 Shadows of Past and Future (The Legend Continues Entry) Head of Stone, Heart of Jungle

MOCs

Mask Hoarder, Desert Scourge

• 1 month later...

The sets are all I'm concerned about.

I want more mechas. I don't care how bad IFB was, I WANT MORE MINIFIGURES. :>

I loved those minifigures. The best part was that their helmet designs were heavily inspired by those figures' most iconic appearances. I do wish we had gotten minifigures based on the Bionicle reboot, considering how much those versions of the Toa were inspired by the classics as well...

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

• 1 month later...

i don't know I might but chances are lego is going to try to concentrate on the starwars ccbs

S    Q       U    I       D     M     A     S     T     E    R

check out my imgur gallery for bionicle photography: https://mahatparthiban.imgur.com/all/

I don't think it needs to be "rebooted" because of the flexible nature of HF's storyline. They could just jump in with the story centered around the Heroes fighting Von Nebula, and attempting to thwart his plan of making the "Villain Factory".

I think the continuation could rectify one of the main problems of HF - namely, the lack of a common story thread from year to year. Having Nebula be a "behind the scenes" villain like Makuta was in G1 would fix this in my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

I have an idea: The villains finally took over makuhero city and destroyed the Factory. But the hero recon real build an secret factory and are fighting to get their homeland back.

But that would be a, uh... bit too mature for modern lego, if we were talking about 2000s lego it's a possibility but today's lego is well, kid-friendly.

I have an idea: The villains finally took over makuhero city and destroyed the Factory. But the hero recon real build an secret factory and are fighting to get their homeland back.

But that would be a, uh... bit too mature for modern lego, if we were talking about 2000s lego it's a possibility but today's lego is well, kid-friendly.

How is that not "kid-friendly" enough for Lego? It's practically the same exact plot as The Lego Movie (a small band of heroes rebelling against an oppressive regime), not to mention licensed themes like Rogue One. For that matter, the 2000s were not even any LESS kid-friendly—if you'll recall, it was a big deal when the 2006 story had Tahu fight Zaktan in a swordfight, simply because Lego had not allowed anything like that up to that point (including in the Knights' Kingdom theme, where literally every character was armed with a sword and yet had to fire "energy blasts" from them instead of actually physically attacking their enemies). That was also the first year the Toa's weapons were actually called weapons, instead of the increasingly dubiously named "Toa Tools". Compare Ninjago, which had characters fighting one another physically and use "weapons" from the get-go.

Mind you, relaunching a product aimed at young kids with that kind of plot would probably be a bad decision, not because it's less "kid-friendly" but rather because it would probably be less appealing to kids in general. Grimdark storylines tend to appeal more to older teens and adults than to Lego's target audience, and after several years of inactivity attracting new fans to Hero Factory would be more important than ever.

Edited by Lyichir
  • Upvote 2

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother