Album Of The Year 2011

pls respond

title is pretty self explanatory, what was your favorite album(s) of 2011?my personal choice is Via by Volumes. their mixture of groovy djent and uplifting melodic textures really worked well, and creating something heavy and angry but also beautiful at the same time. the song Intake is a perfect example, with it's amazing lyrics and bright melodies but crushing breakdowns as well. plus the clean vocals are something to behold in the genre. they're not overused (they're only in 2 out of 10 songs) but when they do appear they hit hard. their sung magnificently and don't sound overproduced or autotuned at all. if you're at all a fan of metal you owe it to yourself to check the album out. i swear you won't regret it.your turn. what did you guys like?

nhsYE.jpg

Elsie, by The Horrible CrowesWhile I'm probably forgetting about something else that was really good too, this is still most likely the best. I'm pretty sure I have some sort of man-crush on Brian Fallon or something, and that was only enforced by hearing that even without the rest of the Anthem, he can still produce some amazing songs. Behold the Hurricane, Ladykiller, Black Betty and the Moon and Crush are probably the best songs on there.Go listen to it. Right now. (There's some full album streaming going on around the net that's not that hard to find, but I don't believe I can link you :P) Then listen to every album by the The Gaslight Anthem, 'cause The Horrible Crowes is actually just a side-project of the lead singer of the Anthem. He's a boss.

exo-toa_battle.jpg

The best album for me is tied between Anomie by Skold and A Fragile King by Vallenfyre. Anomie is Tim Skold's first solo album in 15 years and it definitely shows 15 years of him learning his craft and is one of the best Industrial Metal albums I have heard. It's a solid record from beginning to end, including the two bonus tracks from the deluxe edition, and it just doesn't get boring no matter how many times I listen to it. A Fragile King is a fine example of gritty old school Death Metal and is just brilliant. Everything Greg Mackintosh does is guaranteed to be good and this project is no exception. I can't recommend this enough to anyone into Death Metal. And if this were a top five, the other three albums I would have in it would be Alice Cooper's Welcome 2 My Nightmare, Machine Heads Unto The Locust and Opeth's Heritage. Other noteworthy albums for me were The Nightwachman's (Tom Morello's) World Wide Rebel Songs, Anthrax's Worship Music and The Defiled's Grave Times.

___

8Sxue4J.jpg

___

___

^This for sure.Especially after watching Back and Forth.They deserve every Grammy they're nominated for this year.Some runners up:Mylo Xyloto, by Coldplay -Nuff saidScreaming Bloody Murder, by Sum 41 -I miss they're former selves a lot, but I can settle for this. :PNeighborhoods, Blink-182 -This is just my inner Blink fan talking.I would also say LOVE Pt. 2 if I had it...

Hey look I almost have 1000 posts

Florence + The Machine's Ceremonials. I was pleasantly surprised to see it ranked Nr.2 on TIME's list of Top 10 Albums of 2011, ranking behind Adele's 21. No Light, No Light off the album ranked Nr.1 on their list of Top 10 Songs as well. The album was also named Album of the Year by Q magazine. I don't know if I should be happy or let down I have the same taste as celebrated journalists.

Edited by The Change

tumblr_n3nqpzvUrQ1qlzuomo1_500.gif