The Brothers Corrupted [The Legend Continues]

Crunchyn

dQvsnRNl.jpg

This is my entry into the Legends Continues contest. Continuity-wise, this would fit in the aftermath of Makuta's wearing

of the Mask of Ultimate Power, the chaotic energy from the event having changed their physical bodies and left them as shells of who they once were.

Initial inspiration spawned from a drawing of a skull MoUP done in the last Inktober and after, I also did a quick sketch of a skull MoCr. Additional inspiration also 

came from hours of playing Witcher 3 and some discussions comparing the MoUP and MoCr to the helms of the Witch King of Angmar and Sauron. 

x8J50PAm.jpgpOpINvvm.jpgad8ac6cad4c705c66c5889dc5ab0f7a8.png

Edited by Crunchyn
  • Upvote 9

"I could have been a Protector but then I took a stud to the feet."

I have to ask, what do you use to produce this and other works of marvel? This is absolutely amazing and friggin' epic.

They are also reminiscent of my ideas about the Element Lords looking like empowered zombie kings in retro-futuristic armor (though far from looking anywhere near as polished).

Edited by Iaredios the Hip Historian

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

I have to ask, what do you use to produce this and other works of marvel? This is absolutely amazing and friggin' epic.

Thanks, I use Photoshop CS5 and a Intuos3 Small 4by6in tablet

"I could have been a Protector but then I took a stud to the feet."

Thanks, I use Photoshop CS5 and a Intuos3 Small 4by6in tablet

I hope I will be able to achieve similar detail and effects with Clip Studio Paint Pro (which is being shipped) and a Huion H610PRO Tablet.

Edited by Iaredios the Hip Historian

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

Initial inspiration spawned from a drawing of a skull MoUP done in the last Inktober and after, I also did a quick sketch of a skull MoCr. Additional inspiration also 

came from hours of playing Witcher 3 and some discussions comparing the MoUP and MoCr to the helms of the Witch King of Angmar and Sauron.

You certainly nailed that-I immediately thought of Sauron's helmet when I saw Ekimu. These are great pieces my friend-I think you're a shoe in for the Art category.

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.
So far as I'm aware, it's pronounced like this: We're ee ah moo.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

G1 Battle for Spherus Magna - G2 A Lingering Shadow

Short Stories

G1 Fallen Guardian - G2 Shadows of Past and Future (The Legend Continues Entry) Head of Stone, Heart of Jungle

MOCs

Mask Hoarder, Desert Scourge

Crunchbite, I remember seeing some of your first sketches you posted here... now this. Your skills have improved and I think your style here is very reminiscent of a lot of the G2 character concept art. 

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

This looks incredible. I love how Makuta looks. He definitely looks like someone who has been affected by the Mask of Ultimate Power. The skulls were a nice touch to add to it, especially since Okoto had a lot of skull-based creatures on it. 

Ekimu looks great too. I really like how the Mask of Creation looks on him. 

This is an amazing piece of art, Crunchyn. I wish it good luck in the contest. :) 

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png