Warlord Makuta - Corrupted Mask Maker

Edit:I improved my Warlord Makuta in many ways since I entered it. I decided it was necessary, and I wish I entered it this way last time. I gave him extra claws like wolverine.I gave him transparent purple shin armor, a more natural looking battle skirt with more transparent purple to even it out. I also lowered his wings, and gave him a huge battle axe to go with his mace when he wants a different weapon. I think my next changes will be getting black axles for the skirt, which is kinda similar to JTO Makuta, and I will see if I can use some transparent purple on the arms without leaving gaps in his arm armor.. I am changing the original pictures to links. 

cjekciz.jpg

6V5l2YY.jpg

TcAavny.jpg

XkowwVs.jpg'

4GiGrJy.jpg

Ever since I saw the first animation for Bionicle generation 2, I wanted a huge Makuta. Then when we saw Journey to One, we got it. But I thought it just looked a little off. So I started thinking of how I would make a giant Makuta for the To a to battle. I wanted him to look large and impressive. And I then realized we never had a character with a flail. I then realized I had the purple pieces that would work great. Then I decided he needed a shelf. So I took some Thornatus pieces and a buzzsaw to make  a kite shield. I then decided that the ways most characters hold their weapons looked rigid and unnatural. So he holds the flail at an angle. I made his talons and claws the same for consistency. I picked the shoulder arnor because it just looked so cool on Onua. I made the stomach and back use torso armor to reduce the gappiness, but it still has some gap on the back. The legs have an unnecessary amount of detail, but I like how they turned out. I especially like this Mask of Ultimate power. I hope you guys like this guy. I made several call changes recently, and I think I finally made him complete. I would welcome opinions and onions.

http://i.imgur.com/VnKwHGI.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/jLut1wY.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/95kfofd.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/AGliVLs.jpg

Edited by Spiffy247
  • Upvote 3

A fish wielding vampire. That's Spiffy.

Hmm, unfortunately the blue parts stick out like a sore thumb. That and the uneven distribution of purple does throw off the colour scheme quite a bit. The shield and flail combo is unique though and I like that. I assume you're under part constraints btu I do feel like this model could have been made better.

I feel stupid. I planned to replace the blue pieces but I ran out of time. I could not get my camera working. This is my first attempt of a Titan, actually. I will definitely replace the blue, Thank you.

Edited by Spiffy247

Pretty nice work-reminiscent of the so-called "Overlord" design that the Journey to One team made. I must ask, what line are the wings from?

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.
So far as I'm aware, it's pronounced like this: We're ee ah moo.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

G1 Battle for Spherus Magna - G2 A Lingering Shadow

Short Stories

G1 Fallen Guardian - G2 Shadows of Past and Future (The Legend Continues Entry) Head of Stone, Heart of Jungle

MOCs

Mask Hoarder, Desert Scourge

I got the red wings from a dragon in one of the castle lines. I got the black ones from Bricklink. I started the planning for this one before I saw the Overlord Makuta, and was surprised at the similarities, so that's where I got the name.

edit: I removed the blue pieces and replaced them with grey. Thank you for pointing it out.

Edited by Spiffy247

Very nice. The colors do seem a little off, with those random blues and reds, but the design is amazing, especially the silver gauntlet weapon.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

Very nice. The colors do seem a little off, with those random blues and reds, but the design is amazing, especially the silver gauntlet weapon.

I'm glads you like it! I just posted pictures of some serious changes I made. I hope you guys like it.

I like the improvements very much. The color scheme looks much better, and the model looks far more stable now. Truly menacing.

(The only thing bugging me now is the red on the wings, but I presume that's due to part limitations.)

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

Nice, although for some reason when I see the wings, chestplate, those trans-purple ribcages and the MOUP I thought it was the Overlord Makuta.

Yeah, I had most of this creation figured out before I saw Overlord Makuta. I was too happy with it to go back and change everything. And the Warlord Makuta I made has to look like this because of his relation to a story and other Mocs I made. I will be posting the completed projects after a little while. I want to refine them, and I have an order from a Bricklink seller in Russia. I also need names for some of them.

To help name MOCs I translate English words into another language.

If you had a stone Toa take the word mountain or boulder and translate.

Boom you have a cool name with symbolic meaning.

I am making sure some of the names are made to have literary significance, or the names are related to other things.