Toa Hahli! (The Legend Continues)

Nukaya

What if Hahli was in Bionicle G2! She could hang out and be all awesomely animated with sweet backgrounds like the ones she swam around in during MNOLG 2. She'd upgrade her protosteel talon to a trident, because tridents are pretty great (and Jaller decorated it for her, so how could she not use it after that?).

I imagine that when it came to the enemies in G2, she'd take everyone down and be like "this is nothing, you should have seen some of the enemies I fought as a Matoran".

Whether she's in 2001 Bionicle or G2, Hahli is the coolest.

19055134_10155268450928930_7965767736170

Edited by Nukaya
  • Upvote 5

Lovely piece of work-perfectly captures the look of Hahli Mahri while still making it feel like G2. The background is quite lovely too-great recapture of the feel of the MNOG games. As for that spear decoration: priceless.

On an unrelated note, nice sig.

• Upvote 1

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.
So far as I'm aware, it's pronounced like this: We're ee ah moo.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

G1 Battle for Spherus Magna - G2 A Lingering Shadow

Short Stories

G1 Fallen Guardian - G2 Shadows of Past and Future (The Legend Continues Entry) Head of Stone, Heart of Jungle

MOCs

Mask Hoarder, Desert Scourge

I love how you kept the same art style that the G2 Bionicle series had, as well as your choice of colours. The transition from green to blue in the water is very relaxing and gives off a very tropical feeling, especially paired with the blue rocks and plants on the bottom, and I absolutely love the tribal pattern you gave to her chest plate.

The only things I would suggest would be to clean up some of the lines in the background, to give a few more details to the plants on the bottom (some of them kind of look like green blobs), and to work on the shape of her right hand (It's hard to tell if she's clenching her fist or not).

Overall, very nice job. Keep up the good work!

• Upvote 1

Well, no victory, but still thought it was a great piece.

• Upvote 1

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.
So far as I'm aware, it's pronounced like this: We're ee ah moo.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

G1 Battle for Spherus Magna - G2 A Lingering Shadow

Short Stories

G1 Fallen Guardian - G2 Shadows of Past and Future (The Legend Continues Entry) Head of Stone, Heart of Jungle

MOCs

Mask Hoarder, Desert Scourge

I love how you kept the same art style that the G2 Bionicle series had, as well as your choice of colours. The transition from green to blue in the water is very relaxing and gives off a very tropical feeling, especially paired with the blue rocks and plants on the bottom, and I absolutely love the tribal pattern you gave to her chest plate.

The only things I would suggest would be to clean up some of the lines in the background, to give a few more details to the plants on the bottom (some of them kind of look like green blobs), and to work on the shape of her right hand (It's hard to tell if she's clenching her fist or not).

Overall, very nice job. Keep up the good work!

I chalk all of those points up to coming home from work, saying "Ok, I've got 4 hours to take this from a sketch to a final piece, LET'S DO THIS", and then posting my entry with four minutes to spare. I'm planning to go back and clean it up her fist and finish the background to be how I envisioned it (because blob plants are no good!).

Well, no victory, but still thought it was a great piece.

Thank you! It was a fun one to draw.

He hee, there's a little JH on her staff, with a heart between the two. One is red. It's the J.

You support a ship, my fine fellow. :>

It's the best ship. :love: And, I don't think romance got de-canonized in G2, so we can claim it to be legit!