Coding

Wiriamu

So, hopefully I don't sound like an idiot asking this, but can anyone tell me how to code a URL so that it displays text instead of the address? Like, if I want to put a link in my signature to my stories but want it to show up as the story's title as opposed to the URL?

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.
So far as I'm aware, it's pronounced like this: We're ee ah moo.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

G1 Battle for Spherus Magna - G2 A Lingering Shadow

Short Stories

G1 Fallen Guardian - G2 Shadows of Past and Future (The Legend Continues Entry) Head of Stone, Heart of Jungle

MOCs

Mask Hoarder, Desert Scourge

You mean like this?

Just copy the link you want and come back here. Write whatever you want and then highlight the desired text. Then find the chain link icon on the second toolbar. I should have a little green plus sign on it. Then paste your link into that, and you're done. 

"The fish was delish and it made quite a dish."

EDIT: By the way, you can do the same thing with images:

200px-HauGreat.png

Tahu says "Click me!"

Edited by Inary the Gunhaver
  • Upvote 2

t5pQDlO.jpg

:i:   :n:  :a:   :r:   :y:

Adding to that, if you want to write out the BBCode, do it like this:

[url=https://www.google.com]text[/url]

It'll turn into a link when you post. If you want to preview the effect, you can toggle into BBCode mode by hitting the light switch on the top left of the reply box. Then toggle out and it'll turn into the link.

And if you ever want to replicate a BBCode effect that you see in a post (for example colored text), you can always quote the post, switch to BBCode mode, and copy the relevant BBCode from inside the quote.

Edited by Infrared
  • Upvote 1

Much obliged folks; any admin can lock this guy up now.

• Upvote 1

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.
So far as I'm aware, it's pronounced like this: We're ee ah moo.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

G1 Battle for Spherus Magna - G2 A Lingering Shadow

Short Stories

G1 Fallen Guardian - G2 Shadows of Past and Future (The Legend Continues Entry) Head of Stone, Heart of Jungle

MOCs

Mask Hoarder, Desert Scourge