Someday, Nato is going to be the Ruler of a region in one of these days, and when he is... hoo boy,everyone better be ready

But where's the fun in that? 

If you're the Ruler, you're stuck in your fortress or citadel or whatever, with a big target on your back, and everyone (possibly including some of your own people) plotting against you. 

I very much prefer a role that leaves me free to travel and scheme.

Besides, if I were a Ruler, I'd probably just wind up becoming a paranoid isolationist and doing more or less the same stuff Burnmad is now... and I think the game would be pretty boring for everyone with two tribes playing it safe. 

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Someday, Nato is going to be the Ruler of a region in one of these days, and when he is... hoo boy,everyone better be ready

But where's the fun in that?

If you're the Ruler, you're stuck in your fortress or citadel or whatever, with a big target on your back, and everyone (possibly including some of your own people) plotting against you.

I very much prefer a role that leaves me free to travel and scheme.

Besides, if I were a Ruler, I'd probably just wind up becoming a paranoid isolationist and doing more or less the same stuff Burnmad is now... and I think the game would be pretty boring for everyone with two tribes playing it safe.

Being ruler is not that bad.

It has its fun moments and most of the time the ruler can change the whole course of the game if they do pleased.

So long as you don't do anything stupid it's a fun role to play.

(now that I'm thinking about it. Not acting stupid could apply to all roles actually.)

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

I've got to agree with Nato... playing a role that allows one some freedom to move around is nice. I had more fun playing Vinheim than I ever did as Mask Maker. 

Reminds himself he still needs to make that Vinheim moc.

• Upvote 1

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Or they could each take one village.

Why would we do that?  Tesara's unity is what makes us great.  Two rulers + two separate villages = not exactly unity.  But one ruler + two separate villages = a unified nation.

What about one ruler for each village who are vassals to a higher ruler?

But who's going to be the higher ruler?  We are talking about the possibility of TimeLord dying out there, after all; he's the highest ruler we have.

What about one ruler for each village who are vassals to a higher ruler?

But who's going to be the higher ruler? We are talking about the possibility of TimeLord dying out there, after all; he's the highest ruler we have.
Let's take this to the Tesara PM.

Shall we.

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

still alive you know?

Just because I did a stupid doesn't mean I'll die. Its just a strong possibility.

I dunno, man. 

This weird prophetic dream I'm having says you're going to get exiled, or killed. It was a little unclear. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

I veto the vetoes of Cap and TL, by the authority of the matchbox in my cupboard.

(A member of the Iron Tribe leading a nation would go a long way towards restoring their legitimacy in the eyes of my people, and allow me excuse to meet with him personally, as diplomats, without being negatively scrutinized; an outcome I find desirable, given that he has 1/3 of the Shards I'm trying to gather)

- :burnmad:

• Upvote 1

I veto the vetoes of Cap and TL, by the authority of the matchbox in my cupboard.

(A member of the Iron Tribe leading a nation would go a long way towards restoring their legitimacy in the eyes of my people, and allow me excuse to meet with him personally, as diplomats, without being negatively scrutinized; an outcome I find desirable, given that he has 1/3 of the Shards I'm trying to gather)

I think you mean that I am 1/3 of the way through completing one of my objectives for this game.

Probably the farthest I'll get unless Terrorsaur is very kind, since Bone Hunters will gut me, but it's whatever.

• Upvote 1

Roxtus lies. I've seen the future that you genocidal lunatics are trying to forge. 

• Upvote 1

Oh, please, who have I killed?

And if you're talking about the Civil War that I accidentally started in Iconox, then I'll counter by pointing out that the offer Roxtus made to Tesara has resulted in half the village burning down the other half. 

• Upvote 2

Because I always, somehow, wind up being the underdog good guy with extremely flexible morals who'll go to any length to beat the bad guys. This usually involves starting wars and encouraging genocide. 

Probably because he keeps finding himself in direct conflict with the manipulative main antagonists, even when he tries to join them

Funny that this has been 2 of the 3 cases

If I was a villain I'd just make my cause as appealing to Nato as possible, and then very specifically not betray him

...Maybe I should try being the villain sometime

• Upvote 1

I fully intended to be the villain this time around. I was going to have Iconox partner with Roxtus, conquer everyone, then backstab Tuma and take it all for ourselves.

Things didn't exactly go as planned... 

You keep saying “Skrall = Bad”, but Roxtus has not done anything despicable within the game.  Our diplomats have visited other villages and offered alliances, we’ve issued a gladiatorial challenge—these are things any village on Bara Magna does and is expected to do.  You’re asking people to believe that a village that has yet to anything out of the ordinary is “the bad guy” simply based on your word alone.  And in doing so, you directly prompted your villagers to start killing each other.

“Underdog good guy with extremely flexible morals”?  You’re so deluded it’s laughable.  You’ve clearly got a very black and white, “I’m good because I’m good and they’re bad because they’re bad” mentality with little justification as to why, and seem to expect the rest of the planet to bend to that view simply because you tell them to.

But, yes.  The Skrall are the lunatics.  Okay.

• Upvote 2

I wasted hours of my life engaging in very similar arguments with Voxumo, Toru, and Timelord in the previous season of BZPGOT, so I'm going to save myself some time and energy and not bother going for round two.

You've said your piece, I've said mine. I'm on my way to Roxtus to see your boss as we speak, and I have no doubt that the issue will settle itself IC in due course. If that resolution culminates in Tuma stepping on my neck in the Arena Magna, so be it. 

Devil's Advocate: A) The existence of a race (such as the Skrall) which is so vastly physically superior to another (the Agori) as to threaten that other race's enslavement or extermination makes their (the stronger race's) own extermination an acceptable course of action for the latter race regardless of the deeds of the former race, and B) their far inferior numbers make it not only advisable, but the only logical course of action, by way of Sun Tzu: "If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight."

I think you mean that I am 1/3 of the way through completing one of my objectives for this game.

Probably the farthest I'll get unless Terrorsaur is very kind, since Bone Hunters will gut me, but it's whatever.

When have I ever been anything but a ray of sunshine in these games? Barring the whole genocide and assisted murder thing.

You’re asking people to believe that a village that has yet to anything out of the ordinary is “the bad guy” simply based on your word alone.

Again, your leader's full legal name, is Mighty Leader Tuma. Morality or no, I for one do not welcome our new obviously narcissistic megalomaniacal dictator.