Twas a fitting end to a wonderful game, and I am so happy I was able to help co-host, even if at times I felt like there was more I should have been doing.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Actually prefer the changes here then more of my long arse posts. Good job. Wish you could have put in that to get past his PTSD Hyethut would be taking drugs to prevent eventual insanity and possibly become addicted down the road, both of which goes against his philosophy. Not to mention with him ageless, he very well may never be able to meet his deity, this immortality possibly being a curse by Grunkhar for his idolatry to his state, and he won't seek death precisely because he loves his home so much and must guide it. Paradoxes galore!

This was a fun game, glad I decided to join. And thanks Timelord for inviting me, I never would have exiled you if it wasn't for you. :P

If anyone wants a sequel, I have some ideas. But for now, let this adventure rest.

• Upvote 3

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

I feel like if a Season 2 ever happens it should be hosted by Pulse. There's plenty of locations that the rest of us can explore.

I don't want to host! I just have ideas.

A dead kingdom to the south with a rocky black spire for its once pulsing heart, and an eternal kingdom to the far south with wonders made of glittering sand-sprinkled translucent metal. Distant lands east with rich decadent vorox, zealous arsonist nomads, and a paradisiac trap. To the west, barbarian whalers and fishermen on islands ways from Tajun that do war with robot lion-men raiders that carry pillars of life with them, and beneath the swallowing brine that is the Sea of Liquid Sand, who knows may lurk in that alien underworld...

• Upvote 1

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2X_2IdybTV0

And so, the adventures of these few brave souls draw to a close...

This game was the most fun I've had on BZPower in a while.  It was a real treat to play with you guys.

• Upvote 2

Some end-game statistics:

• Six players died total.
  • Luroka and Nato were the only players to die from a cause other than inactivity.
  • Manducus, Underscore, Jed, and Flaredrick were the players to die from inactivity.
  • 15 players survived. Both the Rock Tribe and Jungle Tribe did not lose a single player.
  • The Water Tribe lost all but one of its players - all three who did die died to inactivity, while Terrorsaur was one of the most active players. 
  • No tribes were wiped out. 
  • The episodes, combined, come out to about 90,500 words. 13,000 of those words are from the Epilogue alone. The first few episodes average out at around 8,000 words, while the last few episodes average out at around 11,000 words.

Number of times each player's (or NPC's) name appeared:

1. Timelord: 335
  2. Voltex: 280
  3. Nato: 258
  4. Terrorsaur: 206
  5. Luroka: 199
  6. Hyethut: 180
  7. Toru: 163
  8. Lan: 158
  9. FF: 141
  10. Andekas: 137
  11. Burnmad: 120
  12. Onaku: 117
  13. Pahrak: 117
  14. Quin: 107
  15. Smoke Monster: 94
  16. Underscore: 56
  17. Flaredrick: 53
  18. Jed: 43
  19. Rahkshi Guurahk: 38
  20. ShadowVezon: 35
  21. Manducus: 22

Tuma: 315

Sahmad: 123

Orkahm: 56

Fero: 5

Surel: 17

Ehrye: 34

Ionia: 40

Stronius: 65

Telluris: 20

Edited by Trijhak
  • Upvote 5

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

Nice stats, although you forgot Dalu (may she rest in peace, oops).

Not gonna lie, I'm surprised my name showed up the second most often. TL makes sense what with how central Tesara and his own actions ended up being.

It's also curious to note how often Luroka was mentioned though, considering he died in... Episode 6, I think? Yet Luroka's name is fifth for total count. I imagine if he had survived longer he might be even higher than TL.

I'd also be curious to see how many times each player had a POV section in an episode, and who you personally saw as the "main characters" as the season went on (during BZPGOT S1 for example you, Nato and Vox all basically drove the entire plot).

• Upvote 1

PoV counts, as requested:

Nato: 10

Voltex: 9

Timelord: 8

Quin: 8

Terrorsaur: 5

Hyethut: 4

Pahrak: 4

Toru: 4

Smoke Monster: 4

Luroka: 3

Burnmad: 3

Onaku: 3

Underscore: 2

Andekas: 2

Jed: 2

Lan: 2

FF: 1

Tuma: 1

Sahmad: 1

Ionia: 3

Main characters would probably be Voltex, Timelord, Nato, and Terrorsaur.

• Upvote 3

Pulse, how did you originally envision an ending for this game would play out? You obviously gotta keep things open, but we all look towards the end and make speculations of the future.

For example, I didn't know that I was going to have the opportunity to seize power, but I knew it was possible the moment you specified that I, the general of a nation, led the resurgence movement of an ancient religion. I even said it was a bad idea. :lol: But I was hoping it would not need to be taken and that Tesara's heads could have a jolly time together. *shrug*

Edited by Hyethut (Iaredios)
  • Upvote 1

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

Pulse, how did you originally envision an ending for this game would play out? You obviously gotta keep things open, but we all look towards the end and make speculations of the future.

For example, I didn't know that I was going to have the opportunity to seize power, but I knew it was possible the moment you specified that I, the general of a nation, led the resurgence movement of an ancient religion. I even said it was a bad idea. :lol: But I was hoping it would not need to be taken and that Tesara's heads could have a jolly time together. *shrug*

I had little idea how the end would have played out at the start, bar it involving the Mask of Life. There were many things that could have happened.

Ideas I considered, however briefly:

• Raanu was not dead, but part of the Bone Hunters
  • If Hyethut had not been out at Gatherer's Ridge for something like 70% of the game, I would have pushed him further in Grunkharism along with Tesara's twin villages uniting in zealotry, and then push them to punish the heathens like Timelord, Lan, and Andekas
  • Tuma would be overthrown by Stronius
  • Malum would have actually made an appearance alongside some Vorox
  • Vorox/Zesk would mysteriously return to intelligence (because dream)
  • Sahmad was to be executed instead of Atakus at the start of the game - then Voltex requested Sahmad.
  • The Bone Hunters were to show up at Tesara, led by Fero, but ultimately I decided that would invalidate Terrorsaur's experience at Atero
  • Iconox would have discovered edible mountain worms way back in Episode 3 instead of the Epilogue
  • The Order of the Palm would have severed one of Timelord's ears had Hyethut not forbidden them from harming Timelord
  • Luroka would have got an opportunity to actually kill Tuma and take his place as the Ruler of the Skrall.
  • Timelord would have been executed or exile - wait that actually happened. Nevermind. 
  • At one point I considered pushing Quin to overthrow Burnmad.
  • Scenarios for the Mask of Life's use involved: Wiping out 99% of life on Bara Magna; instantly growing a large jungle over most of Bara Magna; reviving a load of dead people; bringing Annona into this world (wait that actually happened); pushing Annona out of this world (wait that actually happened); and whatever else players could think of
  • If Luroka and Tuma kept living, Rock Tribe players would be given a lot of opportunities to betray the Skrall.
  • I briefly considered having at least one player run into a Skopio, the wild creature, not the vehicle. I decided that would come out of nowhere and so opted not to do it.
  • At one point I considered having the shards reform into the living sand stuff but I decided that would just be unnecessary, with the result artificially padding the game either way.
  • Telluris may have shown up earlier at one point. I decided against it, until the epilogue.
  • One last request from me, as a host: players, what are more extreme actions you considered but never went through with?
  • Upvote 2

If I had my time over, I probably would've let someone else put on the Mask of Life. But apart from that, I actually find myself feeling quite... satisfied... with how things turned out in the end. It might have cost me my life, but almost everything I'd set out to accomplish ultimately did come to pass.

Tuma is dead. Iconox remains independent. The Glatorian system is gone, replaced by fair trade. 

• Upvote 1

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

I originally planned to kill Terrorsaur in Atero, but decided that my chances of success with the flail, his soldiers, and the Bone Hunters in play weren't great.

I planned to brazenly strike Tuma with the flail, killing him in a single-oh wait

Once I had all six shards, I was going to take them to Vulcanus and reforge them there, with the intent that doing so would kill everyone there (probably including me, but what a way to go). Reasoning would have been the same reasons my character gave after killing Tuma; they were the only village who hadn't suffered significant losses.

• Upvote 1

I'd have probably used my position as interim Leader to pardon TimeLord and keep him from getting exiled. I honestly completely forgot that he made me the Leader until he got back.

10/10 leadership there, Lan

Hey, that was just Out-Of-Character. In-Character, I assumed that since he had returned, he was the Leader again. Apparently I was wrong. Edited by Scrubbish

Regret: I would have not ordered Quin to take the shard to Tesara

I was really expecting that to turn out much more interestingly than it did

Also screw the nice guy schtick, if I could do it over again I'd have played the Skrall and the villages against each other long enough for Vulcaus to come in and take over the shattered remains of the realm

Anyway, nice epilogue. I guess we may never find out what happened with our expedition, though I guess it kind of has to be canonically a failure or have ended in an accidental/emergency misuse of the Spirit's Wish, as the way I had intended the usage of the Wish to play out wouldn't have resulted in my never returning to Vulcanus:

I had actually intended to send my soldiers to Bota Magna to see if it could easily support life (palatable groundwater, workable land/supporting of hunting & gathering, shelter), and if so, to construct a settlement and attempt to build a reflecting mirror large enough to be seen from Bara Magna, or otherwise create some kind of observable landmark. In order to facilitate this, I was gonna have them gather large quantities of sand to take with before stepping through the portal. I, myself, would have returned to Vulcanus so as to not abandon them, and be able to later lead them on an exodus to the Wish should Bota Magna prove habitable.

Voltex could have gone anywhere he wanted, though I imagine he would probably have also chosen Bota, since Aqua is a bit drowny this time of year and Bara Magna is... where we are already, and we don't really know of any other planet likely to support life, let alone so much as Bota.

- :burnmad:

• Upvote 1

I was actually kind of planning to usurp Guurahk's leader position sometime during the Iconox civil war. My character's excuse would've been that Guurahk seemed so weak and spineless on accepting the Skrall's "protection offer" but, I never had a good chance to execute him and I kind of got caught in the Luroka / Rock tribe tension enough that I got sidetracked.

Ha, I could have been the Ice Ruler for the third time in a row :P.

Edited by Fluorescent Flowers
  • Upvote 1

pWPTu7m.jpg

Well I'm figuring we have optics here on Bara Magna, since

1) it's 99% sand

2) humans have had optics since the 7th century BC

So my plan only really depended upon whether we have magnifying lenses and the capacity to combine them to create a sort of primitive telescope, but that didn't strike me as being particularly farfetched, so

Also they honestly might have been able to do a good enough job just by... clearing a whole frigging lot of trees. Depends on the distance between the bodies

• Upvote 1

My only regret is being out in Gatherer's Ridge for much of the game.

But at least it got me to have a moment of interaction with a Shard and set up for Gresh to be referenced. Oh, and with the shard crater and the exisdian found there, I get two boons as leader: profit from mining, and money and prestige from pilgrimages to the site. Either the Palms or a specific hosptialler organization will need to be founded in order to protect both pilgrims and workers to, from, and at the industrious holy site from bone hunters. I am leaning towards the former. Unlike what occurred IRL history, I would preserve the natural area and not build a temple atop it but rather near it. Land can be sacred and needn't be spoiled by the works on man.

To make another reference to history, lets see if Hyethut can be more like Constantine I and while adopting and protecting a preferred faith he respects other faiths to his death (while obviously favoring one over another) and kept people in line, and not like Theodosius I who frenzied people into becoming zealots and didn't lift a finger as zealots harrased un-believers and destroyed temples (like the Zeus Colossus and ending the Olympic Games) then published propaganda to decree his empire the heaven on earth and he the physical regent of the divine, cementing a line of tyranny for a thousand years.

...given Hyethut's mental state, he might end up in the middle. Lets just hope that the population doesn't become more radical than him and revolt to set up a truly evil psycho.

• Upvote 1

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

Also they honestly might have been able to do a good enough job just by... clearing a whole frigging lot of trees. Depends on the distance between the bodies

They could've just.... burned down the jungle. :P

• Upvote 4

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

They could've just.... burned down the jungle. :P

Now you're thinking (with Spirit's Wish-es?)

I mean, that could actually work, though. They'd just... really want to clear out a pretty wide perimeter around the area being burned.

Edited by Lord Burnmad Aodh
  • Upvote 1

An extreme act I almost pursued was, being swayed by my soldiers at Gatherer's Ridge, I would have ridden back to Tesara, saw what the fire and learned that Timelord left, then attempted to take over the state. But then soldiers that Timelord sent prevented this action (do not make your soldiers angry with your decisions - history 101). Given that Lan and Andekas were being heroic I don't think it would have worked. The ending proved to provide a much greater and more smooth opportunity.

Another was to hand Timelord over to Stronius and me and the Skrall would go back to Tesara and have him burned alive in symbolism of those he left to burn, appease Hyethut's sense of justice and appease the wrath of the Skrall.

When I first started this game I wanted to be general, but after hearing of Timelord's shortcomings in previous games I thought I could be a better leader but by then the positions were settled. After that, the thought crossed my mind to kill him immediately, but I would have no just cause and so waited to see if such action would be neccesary and if the casus belli would present itself.

• Upvote 1

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

I've had a lot of people asking when I was planning to launch BZPMN, and now that BZPBM is officially over, I'll probably be posting the topic later today - possibly within the next half hour or so. 

• Upvote 2

I've had a lot of people asking when I was planning to launch BZPMN, and now that BZPBM is officially over, I'll probably be posting the topic later today - possibly within the next half hour or so.

*heavy breathing*

Aw yiss boi.