If there would be "The Lego Bionicle Movie", how you would lik

Lenny7092

Hi, guys!:) We know that Bionicle is mentioned in The Lego Movie Cinematic Universe in 2014-2017. Here's how that happened:

1. In The Lego Movie in 2014, Wyldstyle showed a flashback picture of the Toa Mata in one scene where he is explaining to Emmet about other worlds while they are riding their horses, and Bionicle being one of them.

2. On one scene at the beginning of The Lego Batman Movie, there is a movie theater label saying "Bionicle Movie".

So, if Lego decides to make a The Lego Movie Cinematic Universe Movie based on Bionicle, it would be called "The Bionicle Lego Movie". This would be the first Bionicle movie to be theatrical. It's not like that pre-2016 Spider-Man movies are separate from Marvel Cinematic Universe as you may think. I mean, if Lego decides to make a theatrical Bionicle movie, it would be a part of The Lego Movie Cinematic Universe, and I believe that it's 100% very possible.

Of course, this movie would have Bionicle as the main thing, like Batman and Ninjago. Everything in the movie would be made of Lego pieces, but with some Technic here and there. It would also a mix of original Bionicle lore and new comedy genre, like the other Lego Movies. It would also include characters from other franchises as "special guests", like how The Lego Batman Movie happened.

Now, here's the question that I would like to ask you guys: if "The Lego Bionicle Movie" were to happen, how would you guys like to be?

For me, here are some ideas:

1. Makuta Teridax, the main antagonist as always, gathering every Bionicle villain from Bionicle's history or new bad guys to make a super-large army to invade and take over the Bionicle world.

2. The Toa Mata are the main protagonists. They have to stop the villains.

3. The Toa Mata would be trained by either the Turaga, who were the Toa Metru, Ekimu, Toa Helryx, Hydraxon, Artakha (being), or Mata Nui (being).

4. The Toa Mata would also train the Toa Inika and have them as their sidekicks (Maybe save it for a sequel).

5. Mata Nui and/or Ekimu would have a sibling rivalry with Teridax in a funny, but sad, way.

6. The Toa Mata would talk about some things that were the past Lego Movies. They mention a time where they are visited by Wyldstyle, so that's how Wyldstyle is able to make the flashback. The Toa Mata would also mention a time where they were actors in a movie called "Bionicle Movie", which is how the movie theater in The Lego Batman Movie has the label "Bionicle Movie" on it. They probably would start bragging about the movie.

7. The Bionicle world would have Master Builders, which are the Great Beings, the Toa Mata, Toa Metru/Turaga, Toa Inika, other Toa that we know, Ekimu, Artahka, Mata Nui, the Order of Mata Nui, Ekimu, the Glatorian, and the Protectors from G2. The Toa Mata would mention their visit to The Dog from The Lego Movie in 2014 at one time that didn't take place during that movie, but they would say that they helped repair Cloud Cuckoo Land.

8. All characters and settings from G1 and G2 can appear in the movie.

9. If Teridax needs new evil villains to assist him, he would gather ones from other constraction themes, similar to the Joker in The Lego Batman Movie.

10. For the animation, well, it's like the other Lego Movies, but I don't know about the magical masks. Doing stop-motion-like animation on these may be very tricky, unless it's all minifgures rather than action figures. However, constraction is what defines Bionicle, so it would be hard to do it.

11. If the Bionicle characters are constraction figures, they would appear to be giants to minifigures from other worlds. I would imagine either minifgures being scared of giant robot monsters or the Toa accidentally step on them. LOL.:P

12. Here's my list of voice actors for the movie: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/24174-what-famous-movie-celebrity-actors-would-you-like-to-play-a-bionicle-character/

So, there you have it. How would you imagine "The Lego Bionicle Movie" to be like?:) (Note: Please don't say the probability of the movie happening because this is not what this topic is about. This is about how would like the movie to be if it happens. Just use your imagination.:) )

Edited by Lenny7092

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

Bionicle is really ill-fitting for the comedic, non-serious, fourth-wall breaking, self-referential humor of what seems to be the unifying theme of the "Lego cinematic universe". I'd rather not see a new Bionicle movie at all than see it taken in a non-serious direction like this. There is nothing wrong with comedy, or the direction these movies take, but it doesn't fit Bionicle.

:kakama:

• Upvote 9

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

comedic, non-serious, fourth-wall breaking, self-referential humor

Right, because that's exactly how I would describe the character of Batman. :P Deadpool, yes. But Batman, no. If they could take the Dark Knight and turn him into the movie we got, then they could do it with Bionicle. The Ninjago movie, as another example, is a completely different continuity from the main series, which means a Bionicle movie could have some to do with past lore without being part of either continuity.

And, besides, TLM, TLBM, and TLNM are all adventures Finn is having with his favorite LEGO toys in his dad's city display. They're all driven by the kid's imagination, so what's stopping him from playing with his favorite constraction figures, as well?

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

Right, because that's exactly how I would describe the character of Batman. :P Deadpool, yes. But Batman, no. If they could take the Dark Knight and turn him into the movie we got, then they could do it with Bionicle. The Ninjago movie, as another example, is a completely different continuity from the main series, which means a Bionicle movie could have some to do with past lore without being part of either continuity.

And, besides, TLM, TLBM, and TLNM are all adventures Finn is having with his favorite LEGO toys in his dad's city display. They're all driven by the kid's imagination, so what's stopping him from playing with his favorite constraction figures, as well?

Even before the movie, the Lego interpretation of Batman was lighthearted and comical, as was their interpretation of all DC superheroes, Marvel superheroes, Star Wars, The Hobbit/LOTR, and any other licensed series that is otherwise a serious IP. It was humorous because it was the Lego take. Bionicle, as a Lego property, is already the Lego take, and has always been serious in terms of its own lore and so forth. I see the rationale behind doing a humorous angle on these other properties, but don't see it fitting Bionicle. This isn't fan prejudice either, since I have no issue with the humorous take on Batman. 

(grr, whenever I use backspace to delete typos ever so often te cursor flies back half a line and deletes parts of other words, and this only ever happens on BZP)

• Upvote 1

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

Even before the movie, the Lego interpretation of Batman was lighthearted and comical, as was their interpretation of all DC superheroes, Marvel superheroes, Star Wars, The Hobbit/LOTR, and any other licensed series that is otherwise a serious IP. It was humorous because it was the Lego take. Bionicle, as a Lego property, is already the Lego take, and has always been serious in terms of its own lore and so forth. I see the rationale behind doing a humorous angle on these other properties, but don't see it fitting Bionicle. This isn't fan prejudice either, since I have no issue with the humorous take on Batman.

(grr, whenever I use backspace to delete typos ever so often te cursor flies back half a line and deletes parts of other words, and this only ever happens on BZP)

Yes. Typos. I discovered one today in this topic. This is more information that I meant to say in the first post of this topic:

So, there you have it. How would you imagine "The Lego Bionicle Movie" to be like?:) (Note: Please don't say the probability of the movie happening because this is not what this topic is about. This is about how would like the movie to be if it happens. Just use your imagination.:) )

There you have it. It was deleted by accident by the website for some reason.:( Anyway, what do you think about my topic now that you would get a better understanding, guys?:)

There definitely could be a comedic LEGO Bionicle in the same vein as the LEGO Batman Movie but I think the question is if there should be. Bionicle just doesn't have the intense pop culture presence and history that Batman has. Part of a spoof movie being good is being about a movie worth being spoofed. I'd love to see a funny and self aware Bionicle movie but only us fans would really get the jokes because we've been into the lore and community for years. Part of what made the LEGO Batman movie so successful is that the average movie goer is aware enough of Batman to get the movie and its jokes on a surface level, but that it has enough hidden in it to appeal to the more extreme fans. Bionicle just doesn't have that large of a reach/presence, especially considering it was only made in 2001 with varying degrees of popularity whereas Batman has been around for decades and has had multiple strong resurgences that people now hold as beloved. Bionicle hasn't yet earned the legacy of Batman or Star Wars, and few things do.

• Upvote 1

There definitely could be a comedic LEGO Bionicle in the same vein as the LEGO Batman Movie but I think the question is if there should be. Bionicle just doesn't have the intense pop culture presence and history that Batman has. Part of a spoof movie being good is being about a movie worth being spoofed. I'd love to see a funny and self aware Bionicle movie but only us fans would really get the jokes because we've been into the lore and community for years. Part of what made the LEGO Batman movie so successful is that the average movie goer is aware enough of Batman to get the movie and its jokes on a surface level, but that it has enough hidden in it to appeal to the more extreme fans. Bionicle just doesn't have that large of a reach/presence, especially considering it was only made in 2001 with varying degrees of popularity whereas Batman has been around for decades and has had multiple strong resurgences that people now hold as beloved. Bionicle hasn't yet earned the legacy of Batman or Star Wars, and few things do.

Has Ninjago earned that? Ninjago was only made in 2011, and it has a movie coming out later this year. By this logic, a "LEGO Bionicle Movie" should have been the first thing they did.

• Upvote 2

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

Has Ninjago earned that? Ninjago was only made in 2011, and it has a movie coming out later this year. By this logic, a "LEGO Bionicle Movie" should have been the first thing they did.

That's what we have yet to see lol. Ninjago is also still remarkably popular now with kids, arguably more so than Bionicle. The difference is the Ninjago Movie doesn't look like it will be a spoof of itself, at least not to the degree that the LEGO Batman Movie is. Ninjago has never taken itself too seriously so it's not that far removed from what it originally was. If Ninjago is gonna be a spoof movie I think it's gonna be spoofing the genre it comes from, and not its own source material. So there'll probably be references and jokes about things like the pirates vs ninjas debate, old kung-fu movies, manga/anime, mechs, and Power Rangers/Super Sentai. I'm kinda hoping that's what it's about since it adds a meta narrative and an actual point to the film since Ninjago isn't that particularly special/unique.

Either way, I think a Bionicle movie is bound to happen in due time, the question is how long and what it'll even look like. But if/when it does I don't imagine it'll be directly connected to the universe of The LEGO Movie. I think Bionicle is in a weird but cool place where its premise is unique enough to where it can craft its own ideas without having to chain itself to its history or some larger genre. A comedic Bionicle comes with general audiences having to be familiar with serious Bionicle which I just don't think is popular enough to spoof itself.

The LEGO movies are so darn interesting though. They've pretty much resurrected the spoof genre and feel like a direct reaction to the rise of mainstream media and pop culture. It's so hard figuring out which movies/characters are strong enough and ingrained enough to deserve a LEGO spoof movie. I'm still so vying for a LEGO Space Movie to spoof the science fiction genre. It's so rich and beautiful and has such a history that I AUGH I'm sorry I just love science fiction/space so much. And more Benny the Spaceman is always a good thing.

But, yeah, I just personally think Bionicle should get a foothold on its own lore and franchise before it starts making fun of itself. A regular Bionicle movie with its own non-stop motion animated style would just be amazing!

Edited by Banana Gunz
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

in all honesty i hate this... jk, This is awesome (no pun intended) i like bionicle being serious but this sounds way to good to pass up. My only critic point would be that this reminds me a lot of the batman movie, almost needs its own twist, maybe having intence fight sequnces that are brutal: buts its lego so no gore lol. Also would need a sound track, i remember that old bionicle song "Hero" and i would throw cash all day if they matched that feel lol

At the end this sounds amazing, your idea caught me off guard but it works, wish the lego company had the passion for bionicle like we have

Like seriously they tried Galidore and they gave up on bionicle lol

p.s i love you lego

• 1 month later...

The thought of the animation style with Bionicle characters piques my interest, but I don't want Bionicle turned into a comedy. It should have its light-hearted moments, but not too much more than in the G1 films. Bionicle is better-suited for focus on flashy fight scenes and some genuine emotional moments.

• Upvote 1

Rule #1: Always listen to Kek.

Rule #2: If you break rule #1, kindly don't.

Rule #3: EVERYBODY TYPE IN THE CHAT "AVAK IS A STUPID TRIGGER"

The thought of the animation style with Bionicle characters piques my interest, but I don't want Bionicle turned into a comedy. It should have its light-hearted moments, but not too much more than in the G1 films. Bionicle is better-suited for focus on flashy fight scenes and some genuine emotional moments.

For what it's worth, The Lego Movie and The Lego Batman Movie each had better fight scenes and more genuine emotional moments than any of the previous Bionicle movies. The fact that they also included better jokes is not a weakness; it's a strength.

• Upvote 2

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

For what it's worth, The Lego Movie and The Lego Batman Movie each had better fight scenes and more genuine emotional moments than any of the previous Bionicle movies. The fact that they also included better jokes is not a weakness; it's a strength.

Of course it's a good thing for those films. It's just not fitting for Bionicle, a line that went out of its way to be gritty and, at certain points, legitimately dark. Not that it was all violence, edge, and alt rock; but it was hardly a feel-good comedy like the Lego movies.

• Upvote 3

Of course it's a good thing for those films. It's just not fitting for Bionicle, a line that went out of its way to be gritty and, at certain points, legitimately dark. Not that it was all violence, edge, and alt rock; but it was hardly a feel-good comedy like the Lego movies.

Maybe... that was not really a good thing? The self-seriousness of Bionicle's story got a little ridiculous, and in many ways at odds with its audience of children.

I can think of maybe two scenes in the entire G1 Bionicle story that made me tear up—Jaller's death in 2003 (which made the stakes real for the happy-go-lucky Takua and inspired him to embrace his destiny as a Toa), and Matoro's death at the end of the 2007 comics (helped in no small part by visually calling back to his more innocent life as a Matoran). Compare the Lego Movie, which managed to make Unikitty's sadness at the destruction of her home meaningful within the span of a single scene, by juxtaposing a cheery, optimistic, and arguably naive characterization at first with genuine sorrow. And that's one of at least four scenes that get me that emotional! That isn't achieved in spite of the comedy—rather, it's only by exploring the full range of human emotion that those kinds of highs and lows are even possible in the span of a 100-minute movie.

• Upvote 1

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

It'd be weird since it's not an active line and hasn't done well near the end of its lifespan, which is pretty much why I don't feel like it'd be used for the medium. Also not really widespread in terms of media, unlike Ninjago that has its own show that airs on CN.

But you can make fun of it in the same way those movies use comedy, it's not that hard to take a child's toyline that decided to try and be as dark and "serious" as possible during some of its later years, in all the wrong ways, and laugh at it.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, guys!:) I just watched the movie called The Lego Ninjago Movie today (it came out yesterday, and the day before that was my birthday, so I consider the movie to be my birthday present since it is based on Ninjago, which I like. Plus, I like the movie. :) ). I don't want to spoil it, but if anyone else watched the movie, too, I can ask you this: Do you think that The Lego Ninjago Movie would be a very good example of a The Lego Movie that is based on an original Lego theme? I mean, would this inspire Lego to continue making more The Lego Movies of this kind, like Bionicle. For me, I think it would somehow, or do you think we would have to wait until Finn from The Lego Movie in 2014 gets older into a teenager that starts to like and collect Lego action figures (Bionicle is an example of that)?

Edited by Lenny7092

Hi, guys! :) I just watched the movie called The Lego Ninjago Movie today (it came out yesterday, and the day before that was my birthday, so I consider the movie to be my birthday present since it is based on Ninjago, which I like. Plus, I like the movie. :) ). I don't want to spoil it, but if anyone else watched the movie, too, I can ask you this: Do you think that The Lego Ninjago Movie would be a very good example of a The Lego Movie that is based on an original Lego theme? I mean, would this inspire Lego to continue making more The Lego Movies of this kind, like Bionicle. For me, I think it would somehow, or do you think we would have to wait until Finn from The Lego Movie in 2014 gets older into a teenager that starts to like and collect Lego action figures (Bionicle is an example of that)?

I enjoyed The LEGO Ninjago Movie, but so far its performance (both critically and at the box office) suggests that it shouldn't necessarily be used as a template for LEGO Cinematic Universe adaptations of other LEGO themes. In fact, I'm worried Warner Bros. might be reluctant to even try adapting other non-licensed LEGO themes into movies after this one. It's certainly possible its performance in the international box office might help redeem it, but overall it's looking doubtful that it'll approach the success of the two theatrical movies that came before it.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, guys! :) I just watched the movie called The Lego Ninjago Movie today (it came out yesterday, and the day before that was my birthday, so I consider the movie to be my birthday present since it is based on Ninjago, which I like. Plus, I like the movie. :) ). I don't want to spoil it, but if anyone else watched the movie, too, I can ask you this: Do you think that The Lego Ninjago Movie would be a very good example of a The Lego Movie that is based on an original Lego theme? I mean, would this inspire Lego to continue making more The Lego Movies of this kind, like Bionicle. For me, I think it would somehow, or do you think we would have to wait until Finn from The Lego Movie in 2014 gets older into a teenager that starts to like and collect Lego action figures (Bionicle is an example of that)?

I enjoyed The LEGO Ninjago Movie, but so far its performance (both critically and at the box office) suggests that it shouldn't necessarily be used as a template for LEGO Cinematic Universe adaptations of other LEGO themes. In fact, I'm worried Warner Bros. might be reluctant to even try adapting other non-licensed LEGO themes into movies after this one. It's certainly possible its performance in the international box office might help redeem it, but overall it's looking doubtful that it'll approach the success of the two theatrical movies that came before it.

Well, it's sad to hear that. :( But, I heard that people said very nice things about The Lego Ninjago Movie. You could look at the results now: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lego_Ninjago_Movie

I don't know if that means anything, but I hope we could get more movies based on Lego themes. I want The Lego Bionicle Movie. If The Lego Ninjago Movie wouldn't become a good example, it would hinder the chance of having the Lego Bionicle Movie somehow, even it has mixed reviews. Just saying my thoughts and hopes. I wonder why The Lego Ninjago Movie got mixed reviews, anyway? It kind of worries me. :( I thought it was very good.

Edited by Lenny7092

Maybe... that was not really a good thing? The self-seriousness of Bionicle's story got a little ridiculous, and in many ways at odds with its audience of children.

I can think of maybe two scenes in the entire G1 Bionicle story that made me tear up—Jaller's death in 2003 (which made the stakes real for the happy-go-lucky Takua and inspired him to embrace his destiny as a Toa), and Matoro's death at the end of the 2007 comics (helped in no small part by visually calling back to his more innocent life as a Matoran). Compare the Lego Movie, which managed to make Unikitty's sadness at the destruction of her home meaningful within the span of a single scene, by juxtaposing a cheery, optimistic, and arguably naive characterization at first with genuine sorrow. And that's one of at least four scenes that get me that emotional! That isn't achieved in spite of the comedy—rather, it's only by exploring the full range of human emotion that those kinds of highs and lows are even possible in the span of a 100-minute movie.

Wow, did I forget about this board for a month. Anyway, my point is that a Bionicle reboot/adaptation shouldn't try to be quite as bubbly as TLM because it doesn't really fit Bionicle as a work. G1 didn't do "gritty" perfectly, obviously; but a reboot should try to improve on that by not going overboard, and by allowing itself to have a little fun. I won't be mad if there's a wisecrack or "key to Nongu" line at certain parts, but a balance needs to be struck between TLM's silly quirkiness and the edge that G1 almost cut us to pieces with. It's more a matter of not straying too far from the source material rather than inhibiting the quality of the film.

• Upvote 2