• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes
  • Participate in raffles to win LEGO prizes
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Zemahri, Toa of Sand

toa sand Infrared

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Infrared

Infrared
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Stalwart Defender

• 24-August 07
  • 405 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jul 02 2017 - 06:09 PM

Legend tells us that Failure came to Nala Nui long ago. He swept across the Silver Sea and reached a fishing village. There he told stories of a distant Ring-Land and promised to bless the Matoran with a great gift. But Failure lied, for his gift was not great. He drained away their Water until all that remained was Sand.

34870597743_b5ee4c3656.jpg
Flickr album

Zemahri was one of the mysterious Matoran of Sand who roam the wastes of Po-Wahi on Nala Nui. Transformed into a Toa, she now protects her tribe and the larger settlement of Po-Koro. Zemahri has found it difficult transitioning into Po-Koro's less nomadic life, and she spends no more time there than she needs to.

Zemahri wields a staff topped with a bleached Mahi skull she found in the dunes.

The name Zemahri was made using Tolkien's Matoran Language: [zemahri < ze-mahri, from ze "empty, drained out, drained" and mahri "ocean, depths; descent/ascent"]

Thanks for taking a look, and please let me know what you think! (And what's up with the backstory?)

Edited by Infrared, Jul 02 2017 - 06:36 PM.

#2 Offline The Invisible Handman

The Invisible Handman
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 20-March 05
  • 2,318 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 03 2017 - 03:17 AM

A unique build, but the lack of articulation makes him feel pretty lackluster. His proportions also feel pretty weird. I do like the cattle head on the staff though, and the colour scheme is nice and bright.

#3 Offline Infrared

Infrared
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Stalwart Defender

• 24-August 07
  • 405 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jul 03 2017 - 02:19 PM

A unique build, but the lack of articulation makes him feel pretty lackluster. His proportions also feel pretty weird. I do like the cattle head on the staff though, and the colour scheme is nice and bright.

Thanks for the feedback! Fair point about the arms—to be honest I wanted to use those pieces so they'd be out of the bin. :P As for proportions, do you think longer arms would improve things?

#4 Offline Rassilon (TTL)

Rassilon (TTL)
  • Members
  • Mata Nuian Protector Defeated

• 20-January 16
  • 3,329 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 03 2017 - 08:55 PM

Thanks for the feedback! Fair point about the arms—to be honest I wanted to use those pieces so they'd be out of the bin. :P As for proportions, do you think longer arms would improve things?
Longer arms and legs should fix him.
The body and head are too big for the limbs you currently have on him.
Overall I like the concept and the color scheme is interesting.
If you do make bigger limbs add some black to them so the mask doesn't stand out as much.

BZPower's Mahri Nui
Coming in 2018

barraki_symbols_by_drago_flame.jpg
Surrender is never an option

#5 Offline The Invisible Handman

The Invisible Handman
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 20-March 05
  • 2,318 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 06 2017 - 11:04 AM

Extend the legs and the arms and he should be fine, you might even be able to rework those shoulders into some upper arms. That would extend the arms out and give the build articulation while keeping the nuva leg's.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users