Zemahri, Toa of Sand

Legend tells us that Failure came to Nala Nui long ago. He swept across the Silver Sea and reached a fishing village. There he told stories of a distant Ring-Land and promised to bless the Matoran with a great gift. But Failure lied, for his gift was not great. He drained away their Water until all that remained was Sand.

34870597743_b5ee4c3656.jpg
Flickr album

Zemahri was one of the mysterious Matoran of Sand who roam the wastes of Po-Wahi on Nala Nui. Transformed into a Toa, she now protects her tribe and the larger settlement of Po-Koro. Zemahri has found it difficult transitioning into Po-Koro's less nomadic life, and she spends no more time there than she needs to.

Zemahri wields a staff topped with a bleached Mahi skull she found in the dunes.

The name Zemahri was made using Tolkien's Matoran Language: [zemahri < ze-mahri, from ze "empty, drained out, drained" and mahri "ocean, depths; descent/ascent"]

Thanks for taking a look, and please let me know what you think! (And what's up with the backstory?)

Edited by Infrared
  • Upvote 5

A unique build, but the lack of articulation makes him feel pretty lackluster. His proportions also feel pretty weird. I do like the cattle head on the staff though, and the colour scheme is nice and bright.

Thanks for the feedback! Fair point about the arms—to be honest I wanted to use those pieces so they'd be out of the bin. :P As for proportions, do you think longer arms would improve things?

A unique build, but the lack of articulation makes him feel pretty lackluster. His proportions also feel pretty weird. I do like the cattle head on the staff though, and the colour scheme is nice and bright.

Thanks for the feedback! Fair point about the arms—to be honest I wanted to use those pieces so they'd be out of the bin. :P As for proportions, do you think longer arms would improve things?

Longer arms and legs should fix him.

The body and head are too big for the limbs you currently have on him.

Overall I like the concept and the color scheme is interesting.

If you do make bigger limbs add some black to them so the mask doesn't stand out as much.

• Upvote 1

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

Extend the legs and the arms and he should be fine, you might even be able to rework those shoulders into some upper arms. That would extend the arms out and give the build articulation while keeping the nuva leg's.

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

My favorite part of this model is the skull-headed staff, but what jumped out at me as particularly unnatural-looking is the legs. I see you use the same connection type Lewa Uniter did, and it kind of looks like his knees are broken. The choice to use a black Kanohi seems out of place as well. I do like the color scheme and how it looks like a Sand-afffiliated being, but there's a lot of proportional issues I think you should work on (the arms, as others have mentioned, being one of them).

• Upvote 1

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!