New Details on LEGO Movie Sequel Revealed

It feels like all of BZPower's reporters (myself included) have been busy over the past couple of months, so we're a bit behind on some things when it comes to news. In an attempt to fix that, here's an interesting snippet that came out of Warner Animation Group's presentation during the Annecy International Animated Film Festival last month:

The Warner Bros.France head delighted the auditorium by showing a composite trailer of clips, interspersed with observations from the creative team, from the upcoming sequel to 2014 breakout hit "The Lego Movie." After assuring that the most popular characters would return he warned, "Everyone has changed except for Emmett." The musical film will spoof the damsel in distress trope after Will Arnett's Lego Batman is hijacked to Finn's sister's room and Emmett (Chris Pratt), must once again save the day.

What do you think of this concept? Are you still excited for the sequel? Let us know in the Talkback!

View the full article

Well, if Batman is in trouble, let's hope that Emmet will get a Marvel character, like Iron Man or Spider-Man, to help him save Batman.:) I'm pretty sure Batman and Iron Man don't get along hilariously because of Batman being mean about Iron Man in The Lego Batman Movie. Lol!:D

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

I'm a little confused by the word 'musical'. Is this what the sequel will be? Perhaps just the Batman component of the story? Can Kevin Conroy be the voice of Batman to sing?

Edited by VahiHolder02
  • Upvote 1

MVT Lego Space Galactic Cruiser

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/593592ef-5da6-4a2a-9422-a17e0f8438ea

Please help and support this project! Your contribution is greatly appreciated. 

what happened to the "Emmet having an existential crisis" thing?

"Everyone has changed except for Emmet" sounds like the perfect jumping point to do that particular storyline. Kind of a weird thing to tease otherwise.

20383310448_7d514f8ffa.jpg

Spoiler Alert