A Clockwork Dream

Voltex

a little summer project, let's call it.

o2BxHja.jpg

(credit to onaku)

Following a devastating, years-long conflict now being referred to as the Great War, the surviving denizens of Okoto have realized that the magic that infused the island for thousands of years is beginning to fade. With the disappearance of the last of the legendary Titans and Mask Makers, Okoto is fading into normality, and even the surviving Toa now begin to weaken. 

In a desperate gambit to save their diminishing population and restore the magic – Okoto’s lifeblood, so it would seem – to the island, the region leaders have hunted down the notes of the Mask Maker Voltex. Within, they found mention of the Mask Maker’s homeland; an island named Ikir. Abandoned a thousand years ago after its destruction in a natural disaster, Voltex’s notes make it clear that the Mask Makers had to abandon some of their own people on the island – and, more importantly for Okoto, a vast treasury of mystical artifacts born of the Titans and gods themselves. 

It is one of these that the leaders of Okoto seek; the Staff of Annona, said to have been crafted by the gods and gifted to her during the birth of Okoto. Voltex’s records claim that it was through the Staff that the gods originally infused magic into the very fabric of Okoto’s being, and the leaders of Okoto now hope that, by retrieving it, they might restore the island to its former glory. 

You are members of the first voyage to Ikir. You were crew members of a single ship, sent to scout the island to determine if it would even be worth it for Okoto to risk sending more Protectors in search of the Staff. Unfortunately, your ship was heavily damaged in a storm as it approached the island, and almost all of the crew perished.

Upon awakening, your group managed to discover the ruins of a temple containing an object that matched another description in Voltex’s notes – the Torch of Ma. Lighting it will provide its bearer with the divine protection of the gods for a single day and night, before it must be handed off to another… lest its divine energies consume the Torchbearer.

The Torch will undoubtedly prove useful, for the remnants of your crew have become separated after a colossal figure referred to only as the ‘Guardian’ in Voltex’s notes. Designed over a thousand years ago by the Mask Makers to protect their treasures and history, the Guardian now serves alongside the Mask Maker Kota under the spirit of Annona, the Titan of Duty.

While one group wields the Torch of Ma, the other group has encountered Voltex himself, who vanished under mysterious circumstances shortly before the Great War. If both groups can survive long enough to re-convene and recover the Staff of Annona, perhaps you might survive to return to Okoto, and restore hope to the land.

Let the game begin.

IN BRIEF

You are all Okotoans who have joined up with me (Voltex) on what may very well turn out to be a suicide mission, on a scouting voyage to the island Ikir, home of the Mask Makers. With the Guardian, the Mask Maker Kota, and the spirit of Annona all hunting you down, time is rapidly running out. Even with the Torch in hand, you will need to succeed in your mission and recover the Staff if you are to survive.

Upon each new round, each group will be given two options on how you wish to proceed – one option is guaranteed to kill you, while the other will guarantee your continued survival until the next round. The game will end after ten rounds; survive all ten rounds, and you shall emerge as victorious as the Long Night allows.

Each player has one “second chance” – the first time you select the wrong path, you will still survive to continue the game. However, you should be warned now that at some point, the Torch’s light will die, and if you are out of second chances when that occurs, you might have a tricky time getting to the end. 

This is both an individual and a team game. Though victory is only possible so long as at least one player makes it all the way to the end of Round 10, you must look out for your own best interests as well, and stick to the paths that you believe will lead you to victory.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

RULES

1-I dunno. Follow BZP rules? There isn’t really a way to cheat at this game, to be completely honest.

SPECIAL ROLES

Voltex – A portrayal of myself in-game, travelling with Group One. Voltex will always take the correct path, but his choice will obviously not be mentioned until the scene for each round (otherwise you would all win). 

The Torchbearer – Voted on by everyone in Group Two each round, this player will automatically select the correct path (they choice will be matched to the correct path in the scene regardless of what they select). The same person cannot be the Torchbearer twice in a row. 

Everyone Else – The rest of you.

STARRING…

Only ten slots right now, but if more people show up, there’s not really any sort of player limit.

I ask that you each select one of the six Okotoan elements, as well as a unique name for your character (it cannot be your current or typical name here on BZP). You can also give your character a “last name” – including the house names already mentioned in the BZPGOT series, if you like.

You’ll be split into groups once signups are finished; I’ll split them as evenly as possible.

0-Voltex as the Mask Maker Voltex

1-Jed as Pruinus Rime

2-Luroka as Kuan Aodh

3-Underscore as Chuckles Qendroj

4-Onaku as Marah Nakali

5-Vox as Kaathe Maran

6-Pahrak as Genakex Ikhav

7-FF as Siel Greavesey

8-RG as Quant Regula

9-Pulse as Kirthaj Vatten

10-TL as Rassilon Boscage

11-Smoke as Locke Boscage

12-Hellyam as Sir Hellyam Crustallus

13-Forgotten Soul as Arawhata Rayne

Signups will remain open for 24 hours.

I also recommend you follow this topic if you’re playing, since the rounds will be moving rather quickly.

Edited by Voltex
  • Upvote 7

Spot 10, please!

I ask that you each select one of the six Okotoan elements, as well as a unique name for your character (it cannot be your current or typical name here on BZP). You can also give your character a “last name” – including the house names already mentioned in the BZPGOT series, if you like.

Spot 10, please!

Pruinus Rime, Ice Edited by jed1ndy

"The Kingslayer"

z2r5DTz.png

Complete Okoto Alphabet + Okotoan Symbols | Infrared's Okoto Font | SDCC Semi-Live Coverage

—————————BZPGOT S1 KILLS—————————

Gi9juq3.png

Spot 10, please!

Pruinus Rime, Ice

you're in!

Count me in!

*steals spot 7*

Put me down as Siel Greavesy, Ice.

you're in!

I'm in. Also as for the Unique name, well to keep in the tradition of Bzpgot, Kaathe Maran, Stone. Not sure how long after the events of season 2 this takes place, but Kaathe could be a descendant of Vinheim, ultimately up to ya Tex.

Edited by Vox

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Spot please.

I'll be Quant Regula of House Ember in the Fire Region.

Edit: changed formatting plus one small thing

Edited by Rahkshi Guurahk

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

Genakex Ikhav, of the Earth Region

added

Chuckles Deenkerneeken Qendroj of earth, please

added

Marah Nakali, of Ice.

added

I'm in. Also as for the Unique name, well to keep in the tradition of Bzpgot, Kaathe Maran, Stone. Not sure how long after the events of season 2 this takes place, but Kaathe could be a descendant of Vinheim, ultimately up to ya Tex.

added

also Season 2 took place in 327 AE, Great War lasted until 334 AE, I'd say this game then takes place around 340 AE.

Gimme that spot 24

Kuan - fire

added

Spot please.

I'll be Quant Regula of House Ember in the Fire Region.

Edit: changed formatting plus one small thing

added

I'll join. Kirthaj Vatten, of Water.

added

Ah if it's only 14 years after, then let's say it's a Brother in law to Vinheim.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

I'll join.

Jungle tribe

Rassilon of Hinterland.

(even though he house did die off in season 2 I have some concepts for a lore and history hat has it come back under new management.)

Can't be Hinterland, it's dead. You can be anything else.

As much as I'd love to join in, my internet's pretty slow right now, and I can't guarantee if/when I'd be able to come online.  

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Then Boscage

very well

As much as I'd love to join in, my internet's pretty slow right now, and I can't guarantee if/when I'd be able to come online.  

rip

I'd like the join, if that is still a possibility. 

My name will be Locke, from House Boscage. 

added

I want to join please. My name will be Sir Hellyam, from House Crustallus.

added

Put me down as Arawhata

added

I'll leave signups open for a little bit longer just in case anyone else would like to join!

Sorry about the delay! The game will begin tomorrow night as I'll be away from internet for today and tomorrow! However, the groups will be as such:

GROUP ONE, traveling with Voltex, will be:

-Pruinus (Jed)

-Kuan (Luroka)

-Chuckles (Underscore)

-Siel (FF)

-Kirthaj (Pulse)

-Rassilon (TL)

Group one will also have the side objective of determining how and why Voltex came to be on Ikir, as there have been no records of him since before the Great War, and from what the few who knew him know, it is very unlike him to have left all of his notes behind.

GROUP TWO, traveling with the Torch, will be:

-Kaathe (Vox)

-Genakex (Pahrak)

-Quant (RG)

-Locke (Smoke)

-Sir Hellyam (Hellyam)

-Arawhata (Forgotten Soul)

Group Two will vote on the torchbearer each round. You must vote now for Episode 1. Once the teams merge back together, if it hasn't already been completed, Group Two will also gain Group One's side objective.

• Upvote 4

Hmm... Given my survival rate last game, I feel as though torchbearer would be wasted on me...

I vote Gibberish, Aka Genakex, aka Pahrak.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

Genakex/Pahrak seems competent enough, so add a vote in favor.

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

d1O9dXQ.png

EPISODE 01
BEGIN

-GROUP ONE-

Rassilon Boscage eyed his fellow companions warily. They had become separated from the rest of the survivors earlier that day, and had now paused in their journey after running into a strangely familiar face. Unfortunately for Rassilon, every member of the group was someone that he was hard pressed not to call an enemy.

Twenty-four years ago, the regions of Okoto had fought in the War for thee Throne. One side – composed mainly of the Jungle Region and Stone Region – had remained loyal to the ruler of the island: the Mask Maker Voxumo, of House Ash. Voxumo had reigned for twenty years already after emerging victorious in a rebellion against his predecessor, Trijhak Vatten the Mad of House Vatten. Unfortunately, the rest of the island was not so loyal. The regions of Water, Ice, and Fire had all allied under Trijhak’s son, Pulse Vatten, and rebelled against the throne.

Three years later half the Stone Region had died in a mass poisoning thanks to contaminated water supplies, the Jungle Region had been burned to the ground and assimilated into the Fire Region, and Voxumo was dead – now labelled a usurper.

Despite Pulse Vatten’s so-called ‘right’ to the throne, however, his years ruling over Okoto were fraught with increasing tension for a decade. His rule saw two groups – the Knights of Ekimu and the Faith of the Skulls – rise back to prominence, until the Undead Army behind the Faith attained enough power across the island to forcefully enchant it with Dark Energy. Okoto had descended into what might have been an eternal night, but luckily, the Undead Army had been eradicated in one final battle with the Knights in what the Protectors now called the Battle for the Dawn.

Tensions had been too high for conflict to give way to peace, however, even after a battle with true evil. Pulse Vatten had perished in the Battle for the Dawn along with countless others. The regions of Fire, Earth, and Jungle had been left leaderless, and the Stone Region had closed its borders, naming itself independent from the rest of Okoto. Border scuffles began almost immediately as the only centralized authority left – the Mask Makers and their Knights – disappeared entirely.

So began the Great War.

Lasting seven years, the Great War had devastated Okoto. The Earth Region’s population was decimated, with less than a hundred survivors, and their land ruined, turned into a barren. The Water Region had ceased to exist, with its northern half assimilated into Ice and its southern half assimilated into Jungle. By the end of the war, the Protectors themselves as a species bordered on a self-imposed extinction; out of desperation and necessity, a ceasefire had been called.

Seven years later, however, the old wounds still burned, and for the Protectors of Jungle, they burned more than most. Rassilon could still remember watching the execution of House Hinterland’s last living member as clear as day; how a Jungle Protector named Chloe Saryian had turned her back on their region, stabbing her own ruler in the back rather than fight to regain their independence.

The Jungle may have officially forgiven their enemies, but they would never forget… and right now, Rassilon was surrounded by them.

Chuckles of House Qendroj - one of Luroka’s fifty surviving Earth Warriors, and the only other survivor present that Rassilon could stand – sat next to him on his right. On Rassilon’s left sat Pruinus Rime, an unusually quiet Ice Protector. Kirthaj Vatten, one of Pulse Vatten’s few remaining heirs, was hunched over on the other side of Chuckles, inspecting a piece of stone with ancient markings carved into its surface. On the other side of the clearing, the Fire Protector Kuan Aodh and the Ice Protector Siel Greavesy were whispering quietly with the newest member of their crew.

He wore pure black and white armor, with a white Protector mask on his face and a hooded black clock, though for now, the hood had been lowered. Rassilon could still remember the figure from the one time he had witnessed him; it had been on the field of battle outside of Ignika City in the Water Region, during the final battle against the Undead Army. Rassilon, exhausted and mired in the muck, surrounded by Undead on all sides, had watched the figure take on the Dark Titan Kulta, and emerge victorious.

The figure’s eyes now lacked their brilliant, gleaming sky blue – they had darkened to a shade of violent in the years since the Battle for the Dawn – but any Protector who had been in that battle would recognize the figure anywhere.

The Mask Maker Voltex.

-GROUP TWO-

Genakex Ikhav stared at the relic in his hand; the Torch of Ma. The wooden surface of the Torch was covered with ancient symbols, the language of the Mask Makers. Every now and then, one would glow, though Genakex had not noticed any effects when they did, though the air around the Torch seemed to constantly crackle with energy.

“You should take it.”

Genakex frowned at the sound of the voice, turning to face the speaker. It was Kaathe, a Protector from House Maran. House Maran was famed for being self-serving to the max; every deal they made and every conversation they had was in the interest of furthering their own goals and ambitions.

Kaathe was particularly dangerous. It was his twin brother, Vinheim, who had first pushed ShadowVezon Raqmu to name himself King and declare the Stone Region independent from the rest of Okoto as the nation of Kamuk – and then, after the Great War, had smoothly claimed the position of King for himself while imprisoning ShadowVezon for war crimes, without suffering a single setback. Everyone suspected Vinheim of a thousand different crimes, but nobody could find any proof to accuse him of any of them. It was Vinheim who had originally suggested the voyage to Ikir to find the Staff of Annona.

As for Kaathe… well, nobody truly knew anything at all. Despite being Vinheim’s twin, Kaathe had only emerged into the spotlight after Vinheim claimed the throne of Kamuk for his own. But rumors suggested that he was just as cunning and vicious as his twin, and if the voyage to Ikir meant anything, Genakex was inclined to believe them.

Kaathe had been the only Stone Protector member of the crew, and he was now one of the few remaining survivors. That spoke of more than just luck, or even skill. It hinted at intentions.

“You believe that I could make best use of the Torch?” Genakex asked, frowning at Kaathe. “Are you certain?”

Kaathe smiled. It was more akin to a cold, satisfied smirk, and his eyes gleamed like a hunter sizing their prey. Genakex resisted the urge to shudder as Kaathe nodded and said, “I do.”

“You’re getting ahead of yourselves,” said Locke Boscage, as he stepped over to join them. “We should wait a little longer, until closer to nightfall, before we select a bearer.”

“Or perhaps even longer.” It was Sir Hellyam Crustallus – and the ‘Sir’ was, in fact, necessary, as the Ice Protector was fond of reminding everyone – that now joined the conversation. “If we hold off until we come across the first hazard we see, the protection will last longer.”

Kaathe shook his head. “A poor idea. The Mask Maker’s notes made it clear that the entire island is a hazard. It’s dangerous for us to delay the protection. We should maximize its usage for as long as we can.”

A shiver of unease ran down Genakex’s spine. “You… might be correct. But I don’t necessarily agree that it should be I who receives the first use.”

“Who better?” Kaathe asked, leaning casually against a tree. “You are one of Luroka’s Earth Warriors, are you not? Our own personal guardian.”

Genakex nodded. “As you say, I am one of the Warriors. If we are truly in danger, I, more than most of you, should be able to fight my way out.”

“Kaathe may have a point, however,” Locke admitted. “If you have the protection of the gods, nothing can harm you. What could be better for a warrior such as you?”

“The fear of death, for a start,” Genakex said, scowling. “Anyone who goes into battle with no fear of harm is a fool, and will soon find themselves buried beneath the earth, perhaps with a few new holes.”

Arawhata Rayne and Quant Regular – Protectors of Water and Fire respectively, and the final members of their group – both joined them. The two had been scouting further up the path, where they had found the entrance to a series of ruins.

“Are we discussing the Torch?” Arawhata asked, gesturing to the relic.

“We are,” said Locke. “Mostly who we believe should be the first Torchbearer.”

“Why not you?” Arawhata asked.

Locke shrugged. “Perhaps next time. But Genakex is one of the Warriors. He would be better suited to its protection.”

“Enough about the Torch for now,” Genakex said, still scowling. “Quant, what did you find?”

The Fire Protector winced, looking uncertain. “Not much. I mean, it looks fine, but… well, the seas around the island looked fine, too. Before they weren’t.”

They all nodded along, each of them shivering as they remembered the strength and size of the storm that had swallowed their vessel in the blink of an eye, and killed most of the crew.

“Perhaps this is different,” Locke suggested. “The only crew member we have lost since landing – if we don’t count becoming separated by that landslide – was Captain Unit, and that was from injuries he received during the storm.”

Quant sighed. “Commander Sil won’t be pleased about his death when we return. They were raised together. They fought together, too, during the Battle for the Dawn.”

Genakex frowned. “Weren’t they the ones chased by the Faith? Toru Sevoi and Quin Galum?”

“They were,” Locke murmured. “Sil tried to defend the Western Wall, but it fell when some of the Undead rose from underneath it. He retreated across the Fire Region and reunited with Unit on the Eastern Wall, and then they pulled back through Jungle to Ignika City. They pulled as many of us Jungle Protectors with them as they could; I was one. They probably saved my life. It’s why I signed up for this voyage, you know? It was a chance to serve under Unit Ember again.”

Kaathe shrugged. “Every legend has to die at some point. Unit’s time was now.”

-GROUP ONE-

Rassilon eyed the scene before the group with distaste. Stretching out before them nearly as far as the eye could see were what remained of an old graveyard.

“So, what do you think?” Siel asked, eyeing Voltex worriedly.

The Mask Maker shrugged, and Rassilon frowned. Something was off about him….

“This was our primary burial site,” Voltex said, sounding almost wistful. “Hundreds, maybe even thousands of us, were buried here throughout the years. We’ll need to tread carefully. The burial rites we went through, especially the first of us when Annona still lived… it was all infused with magic, designed to protect and preserve. There will be more than one spirit wandering through the stones tonight.”

“Why does everything have to be about magic and supernatural powers?” Chuckles muttered. “I don’t even care that Okoto is losing all of it. It’s caused too many problems as it is. The Mask Makers had powers, the Knights had powers, the Faith had powers, the Toa have powers, Kulta had powers… I mean, no offence, Voltex, but it seems to screw us over more often than not.”

“It has also saved you,” Voltex murmured. Once, Rassilon knew, Chuckles’ comment would have earned a sharp retort at least – but now it was as if Voltex’s mind was occupied by something else. “Voya’s magic has allowed the Fire Region to endure hardship and to remain strong. You will notice that they have never participated on the losing side in any war. The magics of both Archean and Vatten saved Stone and Water respectively from a disease that would have killed off both regions, and it has allowed Stone in particular a quick recovery from similar incidents, such as the poisoning during the War for the Throne. Ice has warred with itself for centuries, but still stands thanks to the efforts of Mask Makers like Gelu, Nuju, and Ekimu. Jungle and Earth alone have withstood the ages with little to no Mask Maker input… and you will notice that even now, both elements are the worst off.”

“Even still,” Rassilon said, feeling compelled to defend the Jungle. “You must admit that-”

“Yes.” Voltex cut him off, but he sounded more weary than rude. “Yes, you are correct. Magic has done much damage to Okoto… and it is likely that it will do more. I do not support you finding the Staff of Annona. Restoring Okoto’s magic… it will solve your problems for now. But it will cause many more in the future.”

“Then why help us at all?” Kirthaj asked.

Voltex turned to face them, his violet eyes blinking once. “For two reasons. The first… it is inevitable that Okoto’s magic will be restored, someday, somehow. But the second… because if you do not find the Staff of Annona, you will all perish.”

There was a moment of silence as everyone contemplated their mortality, before Voltex turned away and began limping into the graveyard. Rassilon exchanged a glance with Pruinus, who shrugged and followed after the Mask Maker.

“Something’s up with Voltex,” Kuan mumbled, eyeing Voltex’s back suspiciously.

Kirthaj nodded. “Something’s definitely wrong with him, but I’m wondering how he got here in the first place. There wasn’t any sign of how he arrived here when we arrived.”

Rassilon frowned, forced to agree with them. The question remained, however… how to get the answers that they seeked?

Group One: Questions for Voltex:
OPTION A: Ask about his violet eyes, and how they changed color.
OPTION B: Ask about how Voltex arrived on Ikir.

​>>NOTE: Voltex will only answer the correct option. This one is decided by majority vote.

Group One: The Graveyard:
OPTION A: Travel through the middle, and face down any opposition head-on.
OPTION B: Stick to the outer edges, where it should be safest.

-GROUP TWO-

Genakex stared at the darkened entrance to a crumbling ruin. The space beyond the doorway was black as night, no doubt thanks to Mask Maker protective enchantments. Whatever could be possibly awaiting them inside, they would be forced to venture in and face it blind.

“You’ll take the Torch, then?”

He turned to the speaker, Quant, and reluctantly nodded. He clutched the Torch – now burning brightly – in his right hand tightly. “The majority voted, so I’ll accept it. Besides, I was… having second thoughts about being so altruistic. No offense to everyone else, but I really would rather that I make it out alive.”

Quant chuckled. “No worries with me. I understand.”

Both of them jumped as Kaathe stepped out of the bushes nearby, smirking as he replied, “don’t we all?”

“Don’t do that,” Quant muttered, clutching at his chest. “Gods, that was terrifying.”

“Sorry,” Kaathe said, not bothering to look or sound sorry at all. “So, what are our options?”

“We’ve got two obvious paths,” Genakex replied, glancing back at the ruin and gesturing toward it. “We can take our chances with whatever is inside the ruin… or we can take our chances outside during nightfall.”

All three shivered; even Protectors like Kaathe had lost any fondness they might have had for night after the Battle for the Dawn.

“I’ll gather the others,” Quant said after a moment, breaking the silence. “The sooner we make our choices, the better.”

Group Two: The Ruins:
OPTION A: Enter the ruins, and take your chances with whatever might await you inside.
OPTION B: Try going around the ruins, and risk staying outside as night falls.

MAKE YOUR CHOICES NOW – YOU HAVE 24 HOURS TO DECIDE!!

END EPISODE 01.

Edited by Voltex
  • Upvote 4

Question A and Option A.

The safest route is the wrong route.

Always keep moving and never hide or you may just die.

(It's cool seeing my character being focused on. Surprisingly his background matches the background I gave him in a lore and history I've been writing. *I've been needing to PM you that for a while now.*)

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

I'll chose to go Into the Ruins...

(also you added an r to my last name in that, just saying. Although it'd be funny if every time you put my last name it was spelled differently. =P )

Edited by Rahkshi Guurahk

-Rahkshi Guurahk

d1O9dXQ.png