Super Battle Droid (BBC #74)

This bruiser's primary functions are to kick butt and chew gum.  And he just learned that droids can't chew gum.

My entry for BBC #74.  The goal of this wasn't exactly to make a faithful image of an SBD, but to make something that was really fun to play with.  In that spirit, this guy has a gear-operated blaster arm.  Turn the gear and he'll stretch his arm out into the firing position, turning his hand around just like he does in the movies.  His wrist blaster is a pair of flick-fire missiles.  The other arm isn't gear-operated, but it does have the wrist rocket SBDs always seem to have in the video games but not in the movies.

I know he isn't the prettiest thing in the world, but he was a lot of fun to build, especially working out that blaster arm!  Anyhow, comments are very welcome.  Enjoy!

Front

Back

Blaster arm mechanism

Rocket arm detail

Compared to action figure

Compared to Inika clone

Action shot

-Jaga

Edited by evil_jaga_genius
  • Upvote 7

Avatar by Nicholas Anderson (NickonAquaMagna)

My blog: The Jaga's Nest

Feels kinda lackluster compared to every other model that's just been put out. The gear arm is okay I guess? I appreciate that you included that piece of effort at the very least.

I reiterate:

The goal of this wasn't exactly to make a faithful image of an SBD, but to make something that was really fun to play with.

I put effort into all of the MOCs that I post here, just like everybody else, and frankly suggesting otherwise is kinda rude no matter who you say it to.

• Upvote 4

• 3 weeks later...

It's a clever usage of a limited brick supply.

Haha, yeah... I had two Rahkshi and two Hewkii Inikas to work with for grey/gunmetal parts and it kinda shows.  Thanks though!  I made do with what I had.

I love the arm mechanics, takes me back to my mocing days. Good job, glad you had fun putting that droid together. Now, if only we could mass produce them into an army...  :evilbiggrin:

Why thank you, I love it too =P  As for mass-production, I do have a pile of spare black Mata torsos and Bohrok gears I could start with...