BBCC 74: Count Dooku

35764663796_34d5717914_z.jpg

Gallery

"Twice the pride, double the fall."

My entry in the official BBC Contest #74. I'm not sure why, but for some reason from the announcement of this contest the only character I could think about building was that most stately Sith Lord, Count Dooku. (Partly, at least, so I could finally use Obi-Wan's cape.) Having to do a face, in particular, was something pretty new for me and an interesting challenge, so I'm glad this contest brought it on. Hoping to hear what you think; otherwise, enjoy!

• Upvote 17

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

Ooh, I like how effectively you've captured the face. It gives him a really unique look; and at the same time, really captures the essence of the character.

He looks great on the whole though, too. The shapes you've used for his body work together very well, and the pose you've placed him in does great justice to his personality. The whole design of the model works together really well, making a wonderful representation of this fascinating character.

Banner.png.3e903c5c49a30ba9503c72b2d57066b0.png

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

Excellent work! This is exactly what I wanted to see in this contest. This captures the look so effortlessly, and the head is built to perfection. Though I can't help but wonder why you didn't use the prefab lightsaber blade in trans-red; I think it would have added a little extra "oomph" to the photography.

Best of luck in the contest!

:tohu:

Edited by Mohamed Marei

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

Thanks guys, it's great to hear from you!

Though I can't help but wonder why you didn't use the prefab lightsaber blade in trans-red; I think it would have added a little extra "oomph" to the photography.

I did consider that, but I felt like the opaque red was more fitting for the overall moc. And I'm not a big fan of the prefab blades anyways. I can see your point though.

Edited by Sergei Rahkmaninoff

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I poked my head in here after a long absence, and I see this, and had to log in. 

The head is very well done, that is easily the hardest part about making custom Star Wars figures, and you pulled it off quite well. This guy would look great with the official sets. Better then most of them, really, as you really filled out the body, leaving no gaps at all.

Toa Han

My Flickr. Old Bionicles on Brickshelf

small_logo.png

Ever time I see your name on a BBC topic I know it's going to be good.

This is wonderful, absolutely wonderful.

At first it looks like it could be a set but then you notice all the details that really make it pop.

The design is spot on the construction is creative.

I love it.

11/10

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

• 1 month later...