BBC Contest #74: Boba Fett and Slave I

xccj

35022189063_54306d10a2_c.jpg

So this is my entry for the contest. A mini Boba Fett and a fairly sizeable Slave I. (And some bounty in carbonate; it even fits into the hull for easy transport.)

I've been wanting to make a Star Wars ship for one of the CCBS characters for a while... but that's a pretty big project. Even with shrinking down the character, it's still a sizable model, and I have no idea how I'll ship this to Virginia if I have to. But Boba fits inside (sans jetpack and weapon) as does his cargo. The wings and front weapons also rotate, and it's fairly swooshable and sturdy enough to stand on its own. (Boba is based on the colors of the classic Lego fig, mostly because I couldn't work out a design with sand green and sand blue or whatever colors he is nowadays.)

Hopefully I can post some more pictures soonish, but here's the entry pict for now.

:music:

• Upvote 14

I don't know if the word 'adorable' has ever been used to describe Boba Fett before, but here ya go.  This is sweet!  He's so tiny and adorable and he fits in a spaceship and... okay I'll stop now.  AND HE HAS A SHIP.  That's just... aaa.

If I had one possible complaint, it's that his gun could look more like a rifle than a pistol, like it does in the movies.  I'm not sure if he could hold a design like that with HF hands though.  I'm pretty sure it could be done with the old-style sockets, then having him grip the gun with the tip of the socket and a connector pin attached to the gun... if you want I could work out a simple design.

BUT IT'S BOBA FETT IN A SPACESHIP AND GAAAAAAH WHY IS HE SO ADORABLE?!?

• Upvote 1

Avatar by Nicholas Anderson (NickonAquaMagna)

My blog: The Jaga's Nest

Okay, contest over. He wins.

Seriously, this is amazing. The shaping of the Slave I is perfect, and the character of Boba is captured very well. My only complaint is the coloration of Mr. Fett--he should have a little red or orange on him, just to help break up the monotony of green and grey. A dark red 1x3 tile across his waist would have worked, but I don't see an easy way to incorporate that into the build as it currently is.

Other than that, I'm quite impressed! Well done!

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

• 3 weeks later...

As others have mentioned, Boba Fett here is one cute little dude. I'm also a fan of the carbonite Han, but the Slave I itself is the crown jewel of this design. I really like that the figure and carbonite both fit, and that the ship is instantly recognizable!

96DIFYm.png

A big thank you to Toucan Sam for the Okotian name.

[topic=gallery_115994_378_11223.jpg][/topic]

:vahi: [ON HIATUS]  :vahi: 

• 2 weeks later...

Y'know, it's an alluring design that holds a lot of pop culture baggage, and I'm impressed with this particular sort of interpretation; the only thing that could be a little better are the proportions of the lower edges of the wings and the upper cockpit. All in all, solid work.

Find (digital) me under the name Azani on YouTube, Eurobricks, Discord, the BioMedia Project and the TTV Message Boards.

Please check out Project AFTERMAN on Tumblr and Facebook; I'm proud to have worked as their PR Manager and as a writer.

AAZZ.jpg

This is something I could actually see a kid liking.  I'm seriously impressed here; you made an entire Lego playset involving the rider going inside the vehicle, and the only noticeable System bits are on the rider rather than the ship.  And the carbonite Han with the hands sticking out is just gold. 

Also, as a childhood fan of the early 2000s Lego Star Wars sets (and an owner of an old school Boba minifig), seeing your Boba in the classic minifig colors is a nice touch and brings me back.  Loving the homage.

Most impressive.

• 5 weeks later...