Horus, God of Skies

Posting a MOC here, seeing as I haven't posted since January (well, barring BBC74 of course)! In fact, I started this a week after I posted Anubis, God of Judgment.

The all-famous Ancient Egyptian God of Skies, the Sun, and War.

35519196720_f56c004d0a.jpg

Horus_1 by Mohamed Marei, on Flickr

One of my favorite mythological deities (not least because of my origin, mind you :P). For as long as I have been MOCing, I've always tried to render Horus in whatever way my imagination would let me. It wasn't until recently that I decided to try my hand at a more classical interpretation, which I think turned out quite well.

He's meant to be wearing the Crown of the Kingdom. It was a bipartite crown, made of the crowns of Upper and Lower Egypt, celebrating the unification of both ancient Kingdoms.

Let me know what you guys think! Be sure to check out my photostream on Flickr for more photos (click my name below the photo)!

:tohu:

Edited by Black Six
  • Upvote 13

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

A very neat moc, I'm impressed by how humanlike this build is. The jewelry is top notch and I really struggle to fins something wrong with this egyptian build. Well done!

Glad you like it! I admit it was quite challenging to work with this specific color palette, due to the limited availability of these colors in my collection.

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

• 2 weeks later...

This is probably the first MOC I've seen that has used the Ben Ten pieces in a successful way.

The flow of this character is amazing.

Well done.

I would love to see you make the goddess Isis with her wings.

Not often you see MOCs based on mythology - this is awesome!

Glad you guys liked it. I think I'll pass on mythology-inspired MOC's for the time being. I still have quite a few ongoing projects which I want to complete before September. I'm currently working on some video game character renditions which hopefully will turn out quite awesome.

Whoa, I'm impressed. The pieces flow together to give him just such a natural humanoid appearance; and though I'm no builder of new constraction myself, I can appreciate what a feat that must have been to achieve. The way the pieces work together looks flawless.

Edited by Darth Jaller

Banner.png.3e903c5c49a30ba9503c72b2d57066b0.png

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

Thank you for the front page feature, BZPower! You're the reason I keep building as hard as I do  :D

Nice build! I always like it when builders find a cool way to use system pieces in a constraction moc ;)

Thank you! I actually tried to use as little System as possible, with the main focus being CCBS and the older Ben 10 pieces in brown, as well as a few Bionicle parts here and there.

Whoa, I'm impressed. The pieces flow together to give him just such a natural humanoid appearance; and though I'm no builder of new constraction myself, I can appreciate what a feat that must have been to achieve. The way the pieces work together looks flawless.

Glad you liked it. My main focus was to make him look as organic as possible, even at the expense of slightly awkward proportions (the arms are a bit longer than they should be, ngl :P)

Expect a few more MOC's by the coming week!

Edited by Mohamed Marei

• 2 weeks later...

Neat MOC! The only thing I particularly dislike about it is that the legs are a little skinny compared to the rest of the body. Other than that, the colors, shapes, and textures are well organized and the crown is definitely pretty recognizable.

Thank you! In reality they look a bit more bulked up (particularly the lower legs), but I didn't want to highlight that area of the MOC because it's my least favorite overall. Adding any more bulk would have risked looking more cluttered, and my limited supply of this particular shade of brown didn't help, either. Looking at the MOC now, I realize that there might be some simple solutions I could implement. Unfortunately, they will probably have to wait another year since I'm moving away from home for graduate studies and I left all my LEGO behind :(

• 2 weeks later...