How to Replace the Battery in Piraka Eyes

Toa Imrukii

We all know the struggle of not being able to replace the batter within those pesky glowing eye pieces first used with the Piraka, right? i.e These:

54359.png

Well, about a week ago I discovered a way to replace said battery. Firstly the type of batter used is a CR927 3V Lithium Battery placed + side up:

mHJ513f-jytAES5GN9zyKiQ.jpg

In order to replace the battery this is what must be done. First, take a tiny flat-head hand screw driver and place the tip of it within one of the two inward crevasses on the backside of the piece, and slide the head of the screwdriver up to the round circular portion of the piece which holds the battery. Once this is done hook the tip of the screw driver inwards and carefully pull up, the outward plastic of the second half may bend as you are doing this, however from my experiences it is unlikely to be predominately bent in any major way or snap, but it's probably best not to bend it too much. Once the bottom portion of the piece has been separated you may continue to remove it, or just let it open enough for the old battery to be able to fall out and so you can place the new one in, + side up like the old one.

One the new battery is in place snap the two halves of the piece back together, during such process the battery may jostle around a bit, but just as long as you have a steady hand it's unlikely to misalign greatly, let alone fall out. Also during the process of snapping it back together the connection between the battery and metal prongs may activate, giving you a glimpse of the new light to be emitted from the piece now. Once you have the two halves together into one with the new battery in-place, you can now test the light capability of the piece, and if all went well you can now use it properly again. Than go ahead to use it however.

I hope this has been a helpful read, I am unsure if anyone else has been able to figure out how to remove the battery, let alone open the piece up before this, but since it's something we all at least to some degree know the struggle of I thought I should share this.

Edited by Toa Imrukii
  • Upvote 5

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

While I imagine the batteries in all of mine have long since died, I can't really be sure of that since they're all buried in my massive box of parts... :v

Still, should I ever manage to recover them from the plastic ocean they inhabit, I'll at least be able to refer back here for replacing the batteries.

UnsuspectingButts.thumb.png.2a71dabd3565a645b7127215b282d46b.png

• 4 weeks later...

yes! finally I can stop buying more eyes every time the ones I already have loose power

S    Q       U    I       D     M     A     S     T     E    R

check out my imgur gallery for bionicle photography: https://mahatparthiban.imgur.com/all/