It's been a year since Bionicle G2's end

Lenny7092

Hi, guys. Today is the day when Bionicle G2 ended last year. The date for that is July 29, 2016.

In that day, Lego announced that G2 ends in 2016, at the same time the final two episodes of a TV show, Bionicle: The Journey to One, aired.

These two episodes were about the Toa Uniters and Ekimu fighting against Umarak the Destroyer and his new minions called the Elemental Beasts. Then, the Toa fought against Makuta for two minutes at the very end to end G2's story. It's rushed.

Bionicle G2 lasted for two years from 2015 to 2016 instead of continuing in at least 2017. Lego had a planned third year, which is 2017, so it never happened due to the cancellation. Lego hadn't told us why they made a business decision to cancel G2. We always make a lot of guesses, and I think that Lego was having trouble with priorities with other themes, like Ninjago, Nexo Knights, Mixels, DC Comics, Marvel, Lego Dimensions, and Star Wars, which would explain how G2 wasn't doing as well as G1. (Plus, I kind of blame Nexo Knights for G2's cancellation).

Aw, man. It's like The Amazing Spider-Man movie series in 2012-2014 all over again (See the comparisons between the two franchises: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/23229-bionicle-g2-and-the-amazing-spider-man-movies-are-alike/ ).:(

Anyway, Bionicle G2 was the latest constraction theme with an original story by Lego. Now, this year, without that kind of theme, constraction is doing poorly because there is no constraction theme with an original story by Lego this year. It's just at least eight Star Wars constraction sets. (Here's the link about it: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/24467-the-dark-agegreat-depression-of-constraction/ ).:(

To be honest, buying sets from a constraction theme with an original Lego by Lego is the only hobby that I have other than Lego Dimensions (It's not doing well nowadays and people say that it's going to be cancelled this this as a theory). Without the constraction theme or Lego Dimensions, I have no other Lego sets to want to buy. Bionicle G2 was the only thing to keep my constraction-based-hobby alive, since it got cancelled, that hobby of mine is gone.:(

Also anyway, well, we could hope that Bionicle could come back again somehow. We may get G3, and hopefully, it would be very great like Spider-Man: Homecoming this year, much better than G2, and like G1 or better. Also hopefully, that would bring the golden age of constraction again. We all miss Bionicle again.:( (crying in tears of sadness)

Anyway, how's things since that day? For me, I'm still depressed and feel like that I sort of don't having a purpose in buying Lego sets without Bionicle G2 or a constraction theme with an original story by Lego other than Lego Dimensions.:(

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

I honestly wasn't too hurt when I heard of its cancellation. G2 didn't impact me as much as other things might have. It came, it went. Over its short run, it didn't occupy that much of my time. Heck, JoJo absorbed much more than G2 ever did, and that was quick and sudden. I am not angry at Lego for cancelling something that I was barely invested in. 

We'll probably get some other constraction line one day. Maybe get into something other than constraction to tide yourself over?

t5pQDlO.jpg

:i:   :n:  :a:   :r:   :y: