Your sad speech about Bionicle G2's end last year :(

Lenny7092

Hi, guys. Noticing my topic and having nostalgic feelings about Bionicle G2's end last year (Link: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/25062-its-been-a-year-since-bionicle-g2s-end/?do=findComment&comment=1132118 )? Well, I would also like to use another way to remember that horrible by making this other topic, which is about making sad speech about the terrible cancellation. So, what would you like to say to remember the cancellation last year.

For me, I said this in Instagram yesterday:

"Last year, on July 29, 2016, a franchise, and primarily a Lego action figure toy line, called Bionicle 2015-2016, or Bionicle G2 as many Bionicle fans would like to call it, had been cancelled suddenly by Lego after two years of running for some strange reason. This is the second time it happened, as the first was in 2010, when G2's predecessor, Bionicle 2001-2010, or G1, got cancelled.

G2 is the reboot of G1, and it is about a group of six bio-mechanical and heroic warriors called the Toa, who have powers based on elements of natures, saving the island of Okoto from a villain named Makuta and his evil helpers, including Skull Creatures, Umarak, and Elemental Beasts. The Toa are Tahu, Gali, Lewa, Kopaka, Pohatu, and Onua, and their powers can create and control Fire, Water, Jungle, Ice, Stone, and Earth (as in ground), respectively. The Toa also have to collect magical golden masks called the Masks of Power, which can enhance their powers, awaken the island's good-hearted ruler named Ekimu the Mask Maker, find magical and legendary creatures called the Elemental Creatures, and find legendary masks called the Mask of Creation, Mask of Control, and Mask of Ultimate Power during their adventures.

Many fans, including me, felt extremely sad to see Bionicle get cancelled again. We were also extremely sad about Bionicle on its first cancellation, and waited four-and-a-half years for its return. We were so happy, as it was a big part of our childhoods. When Lego announced Bionicle's return on September 2014, during my birthday, I considered it to be my birthday present. I went to the New York Comic Con 2014 convention to see it happen, and it was one of my greatest moments of my life. I liked G2, and it got some neat stuff, like new builds, artwork, and a TV show in Netflix. It broke my heart when the second cancellation happened. Man, this is like The Amazing Spider-Man movie series in 2012-2014 all over again. There may be no replacement coming this year, but hopefully next year. I hope Bionicle will come back again, too, maybe next year as well. R.I.P., Bionicle, again. You are missed. Long live it, too." :( (crying in tears)

Here's the link for this speech: https://www.instagram.com/p/BXKB696FiyT/?hl=en

I also made a post showing the Toa Uniters and Ekimu putting their masks on their chests to show their sadness about the cancellation. Here's the link for this, too: https://www.instagram.com/p/BXKCI0alMsY/?hl=en

Well, there you have it. What speech would you like to say to our dear Bionicle G2's cancellation last year.:(

Edited by Lenny7092

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

G2, while not being the sharpest tool in the shed, brought me back into the constraction community, which led to me finally getting an account on here so in a way, even though the theme hit the ground running it was successful in the fact that it led to some great moments with my new friends on BZP and now that there are no ongoing themes which I'm currently interested in I have a chance to buy all the great old stuff I never got round to getting.

overall I thank G2 for finally giving me the motivation to join BZPower and finish my G1 collection

My Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClo2J14RKmVtcnoJTv7g6PA , Bionicle films coming soon!

• 2 weeks later...

Sets were always on sale, enough that I was able to collect the whole friggin' theme. I've never done that in the 20 years I've been a Lego fan. My most complete Bionicle year up until that point was 2004, and I still was missing two each of the Toa and Vahki. Ironically, I might not have bought a single set from G2 if it had been successful, because I probably wouldn't stumbled upon a lone Kopaka and Skull Basher on clearance at my local Wal-Mart at the beginning of 2016. Those two sets rekindled my,,.. *ahem* ... mild obsession with the theme, only for it to be quenched merely seven months later with the announcement of its second cancellation. It was even briefer for me than it was for most of you.

*shrugs* I suppose it could have been worse.

MLllRvm.jpg

• Upvote 1

I have slept for so long. My dreams have been dark ones. But now I am awakened. Now the scattered elements of my being are rejoined. Now I am whole. And the Darkness can not stand before me.

• 2 weeks later...

You were a thing I occasionally bought and now you're gone. Oh well.

hd5FDJU.jpg

Also isn't thing thread pretty much the same as your last one?

Well, this topic here is about making a speech while the other one is about how's things going since the cancellation. That's the difference. 

Sets were always on sale, enough that I was able to collect the whole friggin' theme. I've never done that in the 20 years I've been a Lego fan. My most complete Bionicle year up until that point was 2004, and I still was missing two each of the Toa and Vahki. Ironically, I might not have bought a single set from G2 if it had been successful, because I probably wouldn't stumbled upon a lone Kopaka and Skull Basher on clearance at my local Wal-Mart at the beginning of 2016. Those two sets rekindled my,,.. *ahem* ... mild obsession with the theme, only for it to be quenched merely seven months later with the announcement of its second cancellation. It was even briefer for me than it was for most of you.

MLllRvm.jpg

Wow! Congrats on getting all G2 sets!:D Anyway, it saddens me that this is this much sets in G2 because it's not as much as G1 for G1 has a lot more.:(

• Upvote 1

MLllRvm.jpg

whos the titan near skull grinder and umarak?

• 2 weeks later...

MLllRvm.jpg

whos the titan near skull grinder and umarak?

He looks like a version of Makuta Teridax from G1 with a version of the Maxilos robot. Plus, yeah, who is he?