Bionicle Magazine found in Aldi (UK)

Taccer

Hi all,

I did quick search on the forum and I don't think this specifically has been posted. I was recently in Aldi (a cheap supermarket in the UK and other countries) when I came across this magazine. I don't know if this is a variant on a previously-released volume; I found it amusing that this was labelled as an 'Aldi Comic Special!' and suddenly appearing despite the range ending last year. It's currently going for a fiver if anyone is interested. I noted that Agil is called Ekimu's Hawk rather than Falcon.

Images here: http://imgur.com/a/bvh41

-Taccer

• Upvote 4

Aldi has always been a weird one, last year I found they were selling old Lego Star Wars visual guides, the one with the classic Luke figure, is the "Aldi comic special" thing a sticker or specially printed?

Thanks for the heads up, this is a strange occurance for sure!

My Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClo2J14RKmVtcnoJTv7g6PA , Bionicle films coming soon!

Aldi is fairly common here in Hungary. I found it a shame that in spite of Poland getting a Bionicle mag we never did, and seeing one in english with both polybags makes it even worse  :(

:kakama:

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

Aldi has always been a weird one, last year I found they were selling old Lego Star Wars visual guides, the one with the classic Luke figure, is the "Aldi comic special" thing a sticker or specially printed?

They do have connections since Aldi is a Scandinavian firm that have many store including Denmark, aka legoland billund headquarters. Maybe these magazines are leftover stock that was unsold from earlier this year.

Edited by necross hordika

qs3135.jpg

Huh, that's a weird one. It looks like its a combo of the two issues that came out last year. It'd be cool if it makes it to US aldis

• Upvote 1

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

I got one of those recently - it's pretty sweet.

I'm glad I was able to get the two polybags (some nice new pieces/recolours for me). I've officially named them G2 Bad Guy and G2 Good Guy.

What country did you find it in?

Good ol' Brittania.

As mentioned above, the magazine is a combiner of the two previously released magazines. I'm not sure if the magazines were ever published in the States which may be why the special is not showing up (though I'm probably wrong).

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldnt be suprised because aldi is a bit wierd

last year I picked up mata nui from 2009 from my local aldi 

I know wierd

S    Q       U    I       D     M     A     S     T     E    R

check out my imgur gallery for bionicle photography: https://mahatparthiban.imgur.com/all/

I got one of those recently - it's pretty sweet.

I'm glad I was able to get the two polybags (some nice new pieces/recolours for me). I've officially named them G2 Bad Guy and G2 Good Guy.

I think this statement deserves a medal of honor. LOL

:miru:

They do have connections aince Aldi is a Scandinavian firm that have many store including Denmark, aka legoland billund headquarters. Maybe these magazines are leftover stock that was unsold from earlier this year.

Leftover stock is a likely scenario but I think it's more likely to be coming from Blue Ocean Entertainment AG (the Danish publisher of these magazines) than direct from Lego itself.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

• 2 weeks later...