What if Bionicle was Bought Out?

Obviously Bionicle was cancelled, not actually bought out...

BUT! Just like Star Wars, what do you think would/could happen with Bionicle if a company like Disney were to buy the rights to the name and story line of Bionicle?

Think it would go good or bad?

Think they would let Lego be part of the design process/toy marketing? Or just completely own it and release their own action figures?

Think we'd get continuations of the old story (G1) or an entirely new story?

Think we'd have the whole works like cinematic movies and video games?

I wanna hear what ya'll think would happen if Disney took over Bionicle (or at least just from a story line perspective, worked on it).

This has always been my dream as a wannabe filmmaker . Wait for Lego to forget about the product, buy it, give fans the continuation they deserve.
I

Any thoughts on how much you'd be willing to pay?

I'd say that it's pretty safe to assume that the rights to the entirety of the "BIONICLE" franchise will be valued at millions of dollars in any reasonable period of time.

-Azani

Yes, I guess it would cost a pretty peny, this it's why it's a dream. But hey, if a make any money off the first couple of films I know where it's going. Maybe I could even make a deal with lego so that I get the story rights and they can produce some toy's to go with the film.

I could definitely see hat, especially if you end up doing so during a time when TLG is actively looking to branch out in a clear way from their tried and true ways of doing business. They've done it before; I'm pretty certain that they'll do it again. I hope that I didn't give you the impression that I didn't think that it was anywhere near the realm of plausibility; I have a pretty serious set of expectations on how the franchise will be handled in my lifetime, so I'm pretty sure that we haven't heard the last of it. :P

That said, it may be a few years - heck, even decades until we hear from G1 again in any significant capacity. What you'd need to do is dependent on how explicitly interested TLG is in licensing, if they are at all; however, you'd probably be giving yourself the best shot if you wrote a script as a freelancer, sent it to a studio, and let the experts take care of the legal work. That said, they studio would have to circumvent all that after deciding that they really like your script. Best of luck, man.

-Azani

Thanks, I've been working in a story, might put it in scrip form soon. And in the next couple months I'll be working on filming a Bionicle stop motion for Youtube.