Yellow ruru in manas?

CommanderKumo

I know the Misprint masks actually were found inside the mask packs, but I thought the yellow Ruru was just a prototype piece, like the white Huna. I believe the latter just turned up in someone's personal collection one day - it was never actually released in a set.

Edited by Zarkan: Master of Storms

I have slept for so long. My dreams have been dark ones. But now I am awakened. Now the scattered elements of my being are rejoined. Now I am whole. And the Darkness can not stand before me.

The yellow ruru is definitely a prototype, check out the code on the front of it. As far as I know, it only reached fans' hands through the sand tarakava. Never came on any manas models, although the manas protoype we've seen does use transparent blue rurus.

I thought the yellow Ruru was just a prototype piece, like the white Huna. I believe the latter just turned up in someone's personal collection one day - it was never actually released in a set.

The white huna is weird. I might be a part that wasn't intended for release, but it was found for sale alongside the brown komau in calendar bags (I think that's what they were called?) that were being sold somewhere in Europe - I forget the country. The BZP member who made the discovery got some additional ones to give/sell to other BZPers iirc, but beyond that nobody's ever found any in the wild.

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

I think some of the sites mention that the ones with the code came with sand tarakava, and the ones without came with some sort of early release manas.

I found the quote from the old promo/rare collectibles topic:

"Yellow Ruru: Available for a very short time in the pre-release of the Manas set. The set was then re-released, and the mask was changed for a Yellow Komau. So far, there is only one person that has two of this rare mask: The Kanohi-Power founder, Mike Edwards (AKA Bionicle Island). He sold one of his Yellow Ruru, right here."

https://web.archive.org/web/20091113195318/http://www.bzpower.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=74058

• Upvote 1

My Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClo2J14RKmVtcnoJTv7g6PA , Bionicle films coming soon!