Virus? I Hope Not.

Dralcax

Well, my computer has recently been attacked by several viruses. Each time, I was viewing BZPower. However, I theorized that a failed download (I tried to download something during the downtime but it never downloaded) was actually a virus, and it waited in my CPU to attack me, but still, I want to confirm that BZPower isn't the problem, So are there any signs of a virus here?

aouROFb.png

I'm sure it's nothing to do with BZP's software, but seeing that you said you tried to download something. The best possibility is that something was hidden in those files.Seeing has I've been on Mac, I can't really tell you if it's 100% not from BZPower. But I'm sure if there was something my virus software would of picked it up and reported it to me.But as Onarax said, maybe just PM the Admins. They deal with this kind of stuff. ;)Edit: Also, maybe try updating you computers software could possibly help fight the virus. And have you been doing anything else other than BZP?

Edited by Celu

If it is from BZP, it's possible one of the banner ads has malicious code embedded in it that your browser/security software wasn't able to stop. In any event, I'd recommend giving your system a once-over with Spybot S&D and Microsoft Security Essentials, two free and very useful programs for taking care of malware.

Edited by GSR

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

I heard there's a group of hackers that like to harrass BZP. Could be them.

That's probably not it. They usually just mess with people's accounts, not computers.But before asking you should run a virus check. Wild speculation isn't going to help much. Edited by Bfahome

OpAXNpl.jpg

Few things to be warned about:Anything that says that your computer is downloading a virus, it's really not, and if you click on it, you instantly get the virus.If your firewall suddenly goes down, you've gotten a virus.Not a lot of other things I can think about, but I had the same problem a few weeks ago. Get Avast - I'm pretty sure it's a free (I might be wrong) program that will inform you when it detects viruses. If you can, download it and it will solve some of your problems. But I figured out that blocking ads is a good way of avoiding viruses, and some images can transmit viruses. If you want to figure out how to block ads, you can ask a question in your blog (if you have one), and you might get answers from that. I can't remember entirely how I did it, but it will help, nonetheless.So, yes, BZP has the possibility of viruses surging through the site, but only through advertisements and maybe images people post. Depending on what other sites you go to and if they are secure are not is another question, but only if you go to any other websites. I hope this helps, but just some things you need to be careful about. Plus, if you have an anti-virus program, scan your computer at least once or twice a month if the program has that ability, and you might find stuff sometimes. Still, I hope this helps. :)EDIT: Plus, depending on how long ago this is, you might have gotten hit by the latest virus, as I did. It came out about the 14th or 15th and was probably fed through BZP somehow, so if you got it around that time period, then that's what you downloaded, probably.

Edited by Peach 00

On the day the wall came down / They threw the locks onto the ground

And with glasses high / We raised a cry / For freedom had arrived

On the day the wall came down / The ship of fools had finally run aground

Promises lit up the night / Like paper doves in flight

I dreamed you had left my side / No warmth, not even pride remained

And even though you needed me / It was clear that I could not do a thing for you

Now life devalues day by day / As friends and neighbors turn away

And there's a change that even with regret / Cannot be undone

Now frontiers shift like desert sands / While nations wash their bloodied hands

Of loyalty, of history / In shades of grey

I woke to the sound of drums / The music played, the morning sun streamed in

I turned and I looked at you / And all but the bitter residues slipped away

slipped away...