Slizer Mafia: The Final Refrain

Pahrak Model ZX

Slizer Mafia: The Final Refrain

The Slizers invaded Okoto.  The Okotans invaded Slizer Planet.  Slizer Planet sank into the void.

The remaining Slizers, guided by the Millennium Slizer, have made it to the mythical island of Okoto once again, where they have finally overcome their differences with their estranged relatives.  Slizers and Okotans have worked and lived together for many years now, uniting and defeating a slew of threats from other worlds.  It seemed their union was perfect.

But the Slizers brought with them a legend.  A dark, foreboding tale of an artificial god, an immortal born of arcane science who has scoured creation in search of the Slizer remnants, consumed by a vengeful fury that could put even Makuta’s ire to shame.  The legend of the Coronet Slizer.

A portal has appeared above Okoto, and the Slizers’ worst fears are now coming to pass.  Deep within the Temple of Time, the Millennium Slizer has pondered how to react to this threat, and has arrived at one conclusion: that the Coronet Slizer must cease to exist, no matter the cost.

The verses have all been sung.  All that remains is to recite the chorus one last time.

This game will be separated into Day and Night rounds each lasting 24 hours.  During the Night rounds, special roles will decide on actions via PM, and then during the Day, all players vote, and whoever receives the most votes is killed.

The Royal Knights: Most Okotans reacted with fear to the legend of the Coronet.  Others longed for the day the Coronet would arrive.  Now that they have, these few have pledged their service to the corrupt immortal, and under their orders, have begun to exterminate the rest of the island.  Win by eliminating all Village roles.

-Coronet Slizer x1: The legendary abomination who seeks to complete their revenge.  They send their knights to kill someone every night, and cannot be killed so long as one of their knights is alive.

-Knights x3: Okotans who follow the Coronet Slizer.

Village: Okotans and Slizers alike who wish for a brighter tomorrow.  Win by eliminating the Coronet and their knights.

-Millennium Slizer x1: A Slizer bonded to the Mask of Time.  Protects one player from death each night.

-Protectors of Knowledge x2: Okotans who each carry half of the formula necessary to kill the Coronet.  Each night they will target another player, trying to find each other so that they can complete the formula.  Even if one dies, all hope is not lost…

-Villagers x12: Vote during the day, die sleep at night.

Other: A wildcard who wins simply by surviving.

-Music Slizer x1: Don’t call it a comeback, they’ve been here for years.  The Music Slizer will select a target each night.  What they do to that target depends on what song comes up on their iPod.  Possibilities include killing them, protecting them, learning their role, and blocking them.

Rules:

-Follow BZP rules

-Don’t reveal roles

-No vote switches

Scenes:

Prologue: Hallowed Abomination

Night 1: Unrivaled Thrill

Day 1: Approaching End

Night 2: Rock Beats Scalpel

Day 2: Bow Out Gracefully

Night 3: Long Live the King + End: Stanza of Desperation

Players:

1. Timelord (Villager) Killed by Music Slizer, Night 1

2. Valendale (Coronet Slizer)

3. Taka Nuvia (Knight)

7. Toa Smoke Monster (Knight)

11. Trijhak (Protector of Knowledge) Lynched, Day 2

13. Rahkshi Guurahk (Villager) Killed by Knights, Night 3

13.1 Unit (Knight)

17. FF (Villager) Killed by Knights, Night 2

18. Vox (Millennium Slizer) Killed by Music Slizer, Night 2

19. Nato (Villager) Lynched, Day 1

20. Blessed Blade (Music Slizer) Lynched, Day 2

24. Karma Houdini (Protector of Knowledge) Eliminated with no chance of victory, Night 3

Edited by Pahrak of Roxtus
  • Upvote 4

Spot 19, if you would be so kind.

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Teaser

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Blade said I can take spot 13, so I'll have spot 13 please.

Thanks!

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

Signups closed!  Role PMs will be sent out within the next few minutes!

Prologue: Hallowed Abomination

Okotans and Slizers alike huddled together at the center of the village.  High above, an ominous portal swirled amidst the clouds, a doorway to the unknown that lay thrown open for anyone to use.

But they all knew who had opened it.

One Okotan turned to a Slizer.  “This Coronet Slizer…are they really as bad as the stories say?”

The Slizer nodded, shuddering as they did.  “They are.  I was there, during the war they declared on the rest of the planet.  I saw my leader and my friends diced apart mercilessly.  Once our forces were shattered beyond repair, the Coronet Slizer decimated our entire Sector just to make a point.  There was nothing to gain…they just wanted to see our land crumble.”

The Okotan looked at the ground.  Across the square, another Slizer turned to the person next to them: someone who wore a brown, hooded cloak, obscuring their form completely.  Their eyebrows came together as they said, “I don’t think I’ve seen you in this village before…who are you?”

The cloaked figure chuckled.  “Oh, I’m nobody important.  But I still remember who I was.  Yes, I used to be someone very, very important…”

They stood and took several slow steps forward.  Somehow, everyone knew what was about to happen, and they all cautiously rose to their feet. Hidden amongst the crowd, the Music Slizer turned up the volume on their iPod with an amused smirk.  The one in the cloak decided to sing along.

“I used to rule the world,

Seas would rise when I gave the word.

Now in the morning I sleep alone,

Sweep the streets I used to own.”

In a flash, eight disks made of shining yellow energy appeared in the space behind the figure, forming a halo around their head.  The crowd finally panicked.

“I used to roll the dice,

Feel the fear in my enemy's eyes.”

The disks flew out of their own accord, each slicing through several villagers before arcing back to their starting position.  The figure held their arms wide.

“Listened as the crowd would sing:

‘Now the old king is dead long live the king!’

One minute I held the key…”

They reached up almost as if to grasp the gateway in the sky.  They clenched their fist, and the disks flew out in search of more prey.

“Next the walls were closed on me,

And I discovered that my castles stand

Upon pillars of salt and pillars of sand.”

When the disks returned again, the figure finally threw back their hood.  What lay beneath was the face of a Slizer, but hollow and emaciated, and totally caked with some brown grime.  They waved their hand, and their disks flew away again.

“Be my mirror, my sword and shield,

My missionaries in a foreign field.”

As the disks closed in on their next targets, something shot out and intercepted them.  The energy disks burst apart, and the single gold disk that stopped them returned to its thrower’s hand.

“For some reason I can't explain…”

The one in the cloak—the Coronet Slizer—glanced over their shoulder to see the Millennium Slizer standing there.  They smirked.

“…I know St Peter won't call my name…”

They turned back around, closed their eyes, and shrugged.

“Never an honest word,

But that was when I ruled the world.”

The Millennium Slizer stalked forward as the remaining villagers fled the scene.  “I still have nothing to say to you.  You can either get off this island, or I can throw you into the void myself.”

“Is that any way to greet your long-lost leader after all this time?” the Coronet asked.

“You have no one left to lead.”

The Coronet frowned.  “…Sad to say, you’re right.  Those who built me programmed me to lead, but with no one to follow, I cannot fulfill that directive.  It’s so empty…so…unnerving…”

Their lips curled into a toothy grin.  “All that remains is what I was originally programmed to do…kill all my enemies.  And if no one will follow me, then that means I simply must kill everyone I see.”

“I wouldn’t recommend trying it,” the Millennium Slizer said.  “It might not go the way you intend.”

The Coronet faced them.  “…Ah.  They possess it, don’t they?”

The Millennium Slizer nodded.  “You were built with one failsafe: if a specific type of energy strikes you, your soul will be ripped to shreds.  That energy is in the hands of the villagers now.”

Crossing their arms, the Coronet said, “Hm…well, then I suppose simply massacring them all wouldn’t be wise.  But I can’t simply give up.  So, I suppose we’ll just have to resort to…oh, what was it they called it…MAFIA Protocol?”

“You have no authority here.”

“No, but I do know these people.  They’ll start it up all on their own.  All I have to do is play the game…and chances are, they’ll kill themselves before I even have to.”

The Coronet laughed and pulled their hood up.  The Millennium Slizer drew their disk, but the Coronet was too fast—they leapt out of the village and into the forest beyond, instantly disappearing from sight.  Lowering their weapon, the Millennium Slizer reflected on the threat.  Much as they hated to admit it, they knew that the lynchings were bound to start once the panic spread.  And judging by how they had always seen this go, there was a very good chance the Coronet would actually succeed in demolishing Okoto.

…Preparations must be made, the Millennium Slizer decided as they faced the direction of the Temple of Time.  If Okoto is doomed either way, then I shall make it the chain that drags the Coronet to oblivion.

When you get your PM, roles have 24 hours to PM their actions!

• Upvote 5

Night 1: Unrivaled Thrill

Timelord stumbled to the ground, clutching his wound.  He glared up at his attacker.

“Why…”

The Music Slizer shambled forward, bloodied disk in their hand.

“Why are you doing this?!”

The Music Slizer came to an abrupt halt.  “Why…?”

They threw their arms up to one side, then to the other, then jumped and sang, “'Cause this is thriller!  Thriller night!  And no one's gonna save you from the beast about to strike--you know it's thriller, thriller night!  You're fighting for your life against a killer Thriller tonight!”

Timelord stared at his dancing killer with disbelief as he slowly bled out.

Meanwhile, the Coronet Slizer slowly circled the village from the safety of the forest.  They had no idea of knowing how widespread the formula was or who might have it, but if they could strike just as one person went off on their own, they could probably succeed.  Instead, three villagers emerged from a house and walked straight towards the forest.

They stopped just before the trees.  One of them quietly asked, “Coronet Slizer?  Are you there?”

Definitely a trap, the Coronet thought.

To their surprise, the three villagers knelt.  “We mean you no harm.  Rather, we wish to join you!”

The Coronet made no move.

“The Slizers have always told stories of your power.  They cower in fear of you, but we tremble with awe.  Your might is most spectacular, great Coronet, and we would be foolish to stand against you.  We beg of you: allow us to pledge our service to you!  We shall follow you with absolute loyalty, Your Majesty.”

The Coronet Slizer watched them.  …How long has it been since anyone called me that?

Slowly, they stepped out.  The villagers grinned at the sight, before bowing their heads in respect.

“You truly wish to serve me?” the Coronet asked.

The three villagers answered in unison: “Yes, Your Majesty!”

The Coronet was hesitant…but they still held programming commanding them to lead.  After going so long without, they could finally fulfill that primal need—finally be whole again.  Despite themselves, tears started to roll down their face.

“…I am honored by your loyalty,” the Coronet said.  “Very well.  You three shall be instated as Knights in my service.  You will carry out my will and bring this island to its knees, and when it is done, we shall move on in search of more subjects, or more enemies.”

“Yes, Your Majesty!”

The Coronet smiled.  I had given up hope of finding people to lead…I’m so very glad to see I was wrong.

Timelord (Villager), killed by Music Slizer

Suspects:

-Taka Nuvia

-Nato

-Rahkshi Guurahk

-Blessed Blade

You have 24 hours to vote!

I’ve been waiting since Okotans’ Revenge to do that joke thank God the RNG picked kill

• Upvote 4

-Taka Nuvia – 1

-Nato – 2

-Rahkshi Guurahk – 1

-Blessed Blade – 1

Aw bugger, ya only had signup opened for two days where I wasn't online. :( It's been a while since there's been a mafia game.

:music:

Sorry about that.  I can do a longer signup period next time.

I'll vote Nato so Pahrak doesnt need to change the numbering then.

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

-Taka Nuvia – 1

-Nato – 2

-Rahkshi Guurahk – 1

-Blessed Blade – 1

Wait. Did you count a dead guy's (TimeLord's) vote or was there some kind of hidden role ability not listed at the first post?

No, you're right, that's my bad.  Sorry about that.

-Taka Nuvia – 1
-Nato – 3
-Rahkshi Guurahk – 1
-Blessed Blade – 2

I'm going to place my vote for Guurahk, simply because I wish to see the potential of a triple hang, should more people vote.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Day 1: Approaching End

-Taka Nuvia – 1

-Nato – 4

-Rahkshi Guurahk – 2

-Blessed Blade – 2

News of Timelord’s death spread quickly through the village.  Many villagers fled, hoping to escape the wrath of the Coronet.  Others stayed behind, though what they hoped to accomplish was anyone’s guess.  Those that remained gathered at midday, and after standing in tense silence for several minutes, one villager pointed a finger.

“It was you, wasn’t it?” they asked.  “You helped the Coronet kill Timelord.  Or, maybe you are the Coronet, but in disguise!”

“What?  Of course I’m not!  How do we know it wasn’t you?”

Everyone began to angrily shout back and forth, hurling accusations seemingly at random.  The discord grew until it finally hit its peak: those who felt Nato was guilty leapt at him, and the others, searching only for a target, joined in.  The innocent villager was ripped to shreds by his neighbors.

Far away, the Millennium Slizer slowly emerged from the Temple of Time.  Their task was complete.  Now, even if they and everyone else should fall, there would be no way for the Coronet Slizer to escape this time.

Nato (Villager), lynched

Roles have 24 hours!

Night 2: Rock Beats Scalpel

One of the Protectors of Knowledge quietly wove their way through the darkened streets of the village, careful to stay alert in case anyone approached them.  They checked their pocket nervously—it was still there, the small tablet the Millennium Slizer had entrusted them with when they first arrived on Okoto.  Surveying the street, they cautiously crossed.

Wish they’d told me more on how to find the other half.

They understood the reasoning: if the Okotans readily had access to this energy, they’d feel emboldened to conduct the same experiments that gave rise to the Coronet Slizer, because they’d already have a failsafe to keep it them check.  No one would consider the relevance of the walking example of just how poorly it went before.  Still, now that the Coronet was on Okoto and the Protector was frantically searching for a way to end them, they couldn’t help but feel a little more help would have been nice.

As they went to open the door to their hut, they heard someone behind them.  Spinning, they saw another Okotan, but one who stood with their hands up.  “No, it’s okay,” they said.  “I don’t want to hurt you.”

The Protector didn’t move.

“…It’s you, isn’t it?  You have the other half, don’t you?”

The Protector raised an eyebrow.  “…What are you talking about?”

The stranger slowly dug a tablet out of their pocket.  Holding it out, the Protector saw that it was nearly identical to the one they carried.  Realization, relief, excitement, and hope all swept through them, and they hurriedly ushered the other Protector inside.  Just a little more time, they thought, and Okoto would be safe at last.

At the same time, the Millennium Slizer was on their way to their chosen target for the night.  They knew not how the Protectors were faring, and wished they could be of greater assistance, but odds were the Coronet was keeping a close watch on their movements.  If they visited either of the Protectors, they would be killed almost instantly.  So lost in thought was the Millennium Slizer that they almost didn’t hear the singing coming from farther down the street.

“Buddy you're a boy, make a big noise,

Playin' in the street, gonna be a big man some day,

You got mud on your face

You big disgrace,

Kickin' your can all over the place.”

The Music Slizer came into view, grinning gleefully as they stomped to the beat.  Cautiously reaching for their disk, the Millennium Slizer thought, There’s always at least one from Queen, isn’t there?

“Singin'

We will, we will rock you!

We will, we will rock you!”

In a flash, the Music Slizer was on them, disk in hand.  The Millennium Slizer managed to parry the blow, but their attacker was faster, slipping past them in an instant and dealing a heavy blow to their back.

“Buddy you're a young man, hard man,

Shoutin' in the street, gonna take on the world some day!”

The Millennium Slizer spun, only to have a surprisingly powerful punch driven right into their face.

“You got blood on your face,

You big disgrace!

Wavin' your banner all over the place!”

They managed to get in one counter blow, but the Music Slizer rolled with the momentum and threw their disk, striking them in the leg.

“We will, we will rock you!”

Bouncing up, the Music Slizer threw their disk at the Millennium Slizer’s other leg, and then jumped forward and kicked them so hard they flipped over.

“Sing it!

We will, we will rock you!”

The blow stunned the Millennium Slizer.  As the he saw the Music Slizer pounce once more, all Vox could do was close his eyes and hope his preparations would be enough.

As this was going on, FF was being dragged through the forest by an Okotan wearing a grimy mask.  They tried to resist their captor, but all it earned them was one more blow to the head.  Eventually they were tossed flat into a clearing.  Someone walked towards them, stopping with their foot mere inches from their head.  Looking up, FF stared into the eyes of the Coronet Slizer.

“Hello there,” the Coronet said, a polite calmness in their voice.

“If you’re going to kill me, just get it over with,” FF grumbled.

“Well, that was my original goal.  But after coming here and finding these wonderful folks willing to be my servants, I thought perhaps it might be worthwhile to see if anyone else shares their sentiments.  So before we kill you, I want to ask you something.  Will you join me?”

FF spat on their feet.  The Coronet frowned.

“Very well.  Let it not be said I’m no longer capable of mercy.”

Vox (Millennium Slizer), killed by Music Slizer

FF (Villager), killed by Knights

The Protectors of Knowledge have made contact!  Tomorrow night, the formula will be complete!

Suspects:

-Unit

-Rahkshi Guurahk

-Blessed Blade

-Trijhak

You have 24 hours to vote!

• Upvote 2

Well... I'm dead again. Fun times.  

Here's my suggestion, the Music Slizer is a veteran player, as the folks they are targeting are typically those that are considered a "Threat". Take that how you will.

• Upvote 2

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.