Vortixx (Name Pending!)

So, this is a whole smorgasbord of 'firsts.'  My first post on BZPower (Woo!), my first (published) MOC, and my first successful Vortixx build.  On the whole, I'm pretty satisfied with the model, though there are some aspects of it which I'd like to change, if I knew how.  This is the third iteration of the model, after fixing the major issues with the first two (namely, a very not-attached waist).

As you can see from the title of this post, this Vortixx has no name yet!  If you have a comment, or just want to get in on naming her, submit your name idea and I'll pick my favorite.  I'm only doing this because I'm unoriginal and have no ideas of my own regarding names!

Front (Shield)

Back

Side

Front (Sword)

If these camera angles are bad, I'm sorry!  It's my first time.

• Upvote 4

For a vortixx moc it looks rather good. I wish there had been a shot from the front without the sword, but that's a minor thing. Though the Metru Red shoulder plates on the lower legs stick out a tad much compared to the rest of the leg.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

I really like this build. The fact that you seemingly restricted yourself to using only parts from G1 Bionicle give it a more 'authentic' feel. I always considered that while the use of newer parts and hefty system integration allow for more details, or smoother builds or whatever, limiting the part pool to only Bionicle parts from that era always resulted in a build that felt more... true to the theme? I don't know, I just prefer builds like this one to the hyper-over-designed things that "master" MOCbuilders put out.

Great job!

:kakama:

• Upvote 1

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

I really like this build. The fact that you seemingly restricted yourself to using only parts from G1 Bionicle give it a more 'authentic' feel. I always considered that while the use of newer parts and hefty system integration allow for more details, or smoother builds or whatever, limiting the part pool to only Bionicle parts from that era always resulted in a build that felt more... true to the theme? I don't know, I just prefer builds like this one to the hyper-over-designed things that "master" MOCbuilders put out.

Great job!

:kakama:

Thanks!  I agree, G2 armor pieces look a little odd on Bionicle MOCs to me.  There are some exceptions, but I just find G1 easier to use, more flexible, and just better-looking.

I would love to see the body shot without anything blocking the view of the details. The torso looks like a very interesting construction. Exposed pins tend to be something I try to avoid myself, though understandably sometimes you can't help it. 

For a vortixx moc it looks rather good. I wish there had been a shot from the front without the sword, but that's a minor thing.

Sorry about the poor camera work.  I'll try to update the post with something a little better.

Though the Metru Red shoulder plates on the lower legs stick out a tad much compared to the rest of the leg.

I would agree with you.  The legs are one of my nitpicks with this model.  I need the red armor to go with the color scheme, but I also need the silver armor pieces underneath it, as they're actually part of the structure of the leg.  I suppose I could rebuild the whole lower leg, but it took me the better part of a day to get the legs designed and built.

Not too fond of the hair, but the rest of her features some very interesting G1 style building and that I like. he colour scheme is okay and I like how you integrated red into the build, though the bloody looking mouth is a bit macabre. Still this is a very good first so let me say well done and I look forward to more of your builds!

Not too fond of the hair, but the rest of her features some very interesting G1 style building and that I like. he colour scheme is okay and I like how you integrated red into the build, though the bloody looking mouth is a bit macabre. Still this is a very good first so let me say well done and I look forward to more of your builds!

I'm honestly not a huge fan of the hair either.  Unfortunately, I have no idea how to make it any better (I never actually owned the original Roodaka set, and I essentially figured out how to make the head by the power of Google).  Also, didn't mean for the mouth to appear bloody, that's supposed to be the "lip" piece, but other colors just looked awkward to me, considering the rest of the color scheme (I don't have any dark red/maroon stud pieces).  Anyways, thanks for the feedback!  I hope to do better with future builds.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...