How tall is Icarax

Just curious how tall Icarax is in the story? Is he taller than Teridax? Though the sets are from different time periods in g1..the icarax set is taller obviosly but so is almost every large set after that point. If Teridax in shadow titan form is roughly 14-15' then how tall is Icarax?

There's no easy way to answer that. Makuta are shapeshifters--they can be however tall they want. 

Story-wise, the height of Icarax's set form was never described, but we can assume that he's a few heads taller than the other Makuta in Karda Nui, who had assumed forms that were roughly the size of Toa in stature. So, Icarax was taller than Antroz or Mutran, and both were probably a little taller than the Toa, which tend to be an average of 7 feet. Let's assume for convenience's sake that Icarax was around 9 or 10 feet tall. 

Now, if we go by the Mask of Light novelization, Teridax's shadow titan form was twice the height of the Toa Nuva, which would make him 14 feet tall at the time. However, in Legends of Metru Nui, he was also about 5 feet tall when he was in the guise of Turaga Dume. Like I said, shapeshifters--they don't need to have a specific height.

• Upvote 2

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

its hard to say because we didnt get a 2008 version of teridax so it is unfair to compare the 2003 version to the standard build for the makuta in 2008

S    Q       U    I       D     M     A     S     T     E    R

check out my imgur gallery for bionicle photography: https://mahatparthiban.imgur.com/all/

its hard to say because we didnt get a 2008 version of teridax so it is unfair to compare the 2003 version to the standard build for the makuta in 2008

Well we did get that Maxilos Robot, which was quite a large set on it's own too, larger than the hydraxon set if my memory serves me right... :P

Animation_Mangaia.png.e38a5644c8a08bfd4c488514025b5017.png

Formerly Iron_Man5

For me, well, when there are Titan sets where characters are much taller then medium set characters, usually I look at the medium set characters as roughly 7 feet, like the Toa, and Titan characters as 8-15 feet tall. I would also say that the Titan characters have the same size as the Hulk from Marvel. Trying comparing Lego minifigures' sizes to Big Figs'.

For Icarax's set, he's probably 9-10 where you compare him to the other medium set Makuta in 2008. Sadly, we never had a 2008 set for Teridax. In 2007, Maxilos is like a few heads taller than Icarax, but Maxilos is just a robotic body that Teridax possessed. Teridax's Shadow Titan form in the Mask of Life storyline seems to be around 14 feet tall in the Mask of Light movie and book. 

Makuta are shape-shifters, so they don't have specific height, neither do they have default forms. I always look at Miserix at the biggest Makuta on record (20 feet). The second being Makuta Teridax (I'm looking at his Shadow Titan form in the Mask of Light movie and book).

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

The only time this would really be relevant is the only known time in the story when Teridax and Icarax were in the same room, when Icarax tried usurping Terida. Naturally, whoever is taller would have the intimidation factor. According to, I believe, the Mutran Chronicles, Teridax allowed Icarax to exhaust himself fighting before finally attacking the fatigued Icarax and winning easily. It would make narrative sense for either party to be taller, to represent Teridax's greater overall strenth of Icarax's appearance of power early on. (Neither is mentioned as shapeshifting in the story.) Alternatively, all Makuta could have a default form roughly the same height as all other Makuta.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

• 2 weeks later...

Looking at the sets on my shelf, Icarax is:

Taller than Maxilos

Taller than Tuma

Taller than Hydraxon

Taller than Karzahni

Shorter than Voporak

Shorter than Sidorak

Shorter than Roodaka

Shorter than Nivawk

Probably shorter than Brutaka as well but I don't have him so don't quote me on it.

So if you know the story heights of some of those characters, you might be able to get an idea of how tall Icarax is.

Edited by Tarix819

• 3 weeks later...

See, it's pretty likely that Icarax held hundreds, if not thousands of differing material forms prior to the siege on Karda Nui just before his death, so it's tough to put a handle on this. To be honest, I don't think that it's really super relevant, as Icarax retained personal agency over his physical size while in Karda Nui; thus, the "answer" might be several different figures.

As per the set that we got in 2008, I'd suspect that he was roughly the height of Teridax as he took the iconic "Shadow Titan" form.

-Azani

Edited by Azani

Find (digital) me under the name Azani on YouTube, Eurobricks, Discord, the BioMedia Project and the TTV Message Boards.

Please check out Project AFTERMAN on Tumblr and Facebook; I'm proud to have worked as their PR Manager and as a writer.

AAZZ.jpg

See, it's pretty likely that Icarax held hundreds, if not thousands of differing material forms prior to the siege on Karda Nui just before his death, so it's tough to put a handle on this. To be honest, I don't think that it's really super relevant, as Icarax retained personal agency over his physical size while in Karda Nui; thus, the "answer" might be several different figures.

As per the set that we got in 2008, I'd suspect that he was roughly the height of Teridax as he took the iconic "Shadow Titan" form.

-Azani

makes sense. Edited by Shadow Titan Teridax