After making a banner for my game character, the eccentric zealot general Hyethut, I decided out of no where to make a banner for the Roman Emperor Justinian II Heracleus, later nicknamed Rhinotmetus, the Slit-Nosed, He is an interesting character shrouded in hearsay and propaganda, but earlier this year I read a book on him expunging him from of most of this, and he turned out to be very interesting!

Anyway, due to trusting financial advisors that were robbing people behind his back, Justinian II was blamed, and for this, as well as angering noblemen by standing up for free commoners and farmers, he was the subject of a coup by an incompetent general with rich friends and had his nose cut off, his tongue slit, and exiled to the frozen northern steppes of barbarians. He was shipped and dropped off at a Roman colony, circumstances making him get exiled from even there and live out in the wilds and have adventures with a group of newfound friends for a decade (even falling in-love with a 'barbarian' princess and getting married) before having the chance to march on New Rome to reclaim his lost throne. Before going on his way from the cold savagelands back to civilization accompanied by his friends and a barbarian horde, he was able to get forged a golden prosthesis for his missing nose, and here you finally have him looking to his future.

rhinotmetus_i_will_return.png

(spoiler alert: a decade after getting his throne back, a small mistake of his went out of control and ended up with getting his head cut off and the Roman Empire being thrown into chaos until a shepherd he traveled with during his exile became emperor by force)

When BZPBara Magna is finished I will be using this banner.

Edited by Hyethut (Iaredios)
  • Upvote 1

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light