Second Core War Heroes

Click

Energized Protodermis had been discovered on Spherus Magna, and in their great wisdom the Great Beings understood the threat it posed to their home. From their minds sprang forth the Matoran and Toa, beings with control over the elements themselves, to repair the damage before it was too late.

We failed.

In the cataclysmic Shattering that followed, the Great Beings were lifted from our unworthy fragment, leaving a barren world with too many beings and too few resources. War was inevitable...

Welcome to the Virseverse, a world I crafted around a character I submitted to ye olde Bionifight RPG. Virse's home has become one of my most fleshed out AUs with a rich cast of characters, some of which I'd like to share with you today. It's been a while since I posted anything here. I'll try to cut back on the descriptions, but know you can find more in the descriptions of the photos on Flickr.

37011183361_1d67b96d4b_n.jpg

Virse

32978579340_d20a90e81f_n.jpg

Originally a Toa of Stone, Virse "specialized" her element like many others in the wake of the war. Previously known as a hotheaded and demanding commander, she was able to make peace with herself and her memories by learning to "flow like sand." Shortly afterward she was caught up into the Bionifight tournament to live her glory days once again.

Balenis

36373765405_50916c1eb3_n.jpg

Not all were fortunate enough to survive the war. Balenis was a Toa of Earth who, with her fiery personality, became one of the first Toa to specialize their element. Balenis wielded her Magma Cestuses in battle alongside the Toa elite. Though a skilled fighter, she was eventually defeated in a Glatorian ambush.

Vanadus

36982469222_4628ae1c70_n.jpg

Vanadus is an Iron Glatorian traitor who fought alongside Virse. After being rejected by their own kind, they turned to the Toa to fight for everyone's right to live.

Galleries linked to the photos. Comments and critique appreciated. I'm entering Vanadus in the Flickr contest as well, so be sure to vote! :)

• Upvote 3

Some very good designs here. I like how Virise keep some of her details from her first model to the second, and how parts of her change. Balenis's fingers are inspired I must say, I just love his hands. Vanadus feels not so good in comparison, he has no hands and his colourscheme is kinda boring.